General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Rank the MMA Referees!
    How would you rank the following? John McCarthy Mario Yamasaki Steve Mazzagatti Herb Dean Josh Rosenthal Yves Lavigne Dan Miragliotta Kevin Mulhall Other (drawing a blank...if I didn't list them,...
  2. WORLD MMA AWARDS
    Who did you vote for in the upcoming Fighter's Only MMA awards? And I was wondering for MMA Journalist of the year... Why is Karyn Bryant not on there... I am majorly disappointed. Oh well, Ariel...
  3. Paul Sass Flying Triangle off the Cage
    This is short, but very sweet. Enjoy. LINK
  4. GFL - Watch Live Untelevised Cards
    For those that haven't used it, I have a few times, and it's great for weekends when there are no televised combat sports. Basically entire fight cards are $9.99 and up. Live. Production quality of...
  5. Strikeforce: Luke Rockhold thinks he's fighting Tim Kennedy in January
    "I think Tim Kennedy is out there, and from what I've been told, that's probably my next fight. Nothing's official, but they told me to get into training camp and get ready. So, I'm thinking January...
  6. Since the MMA world is blowing up about the Zaromskis kick..
    Figured I'd share my favorite highlight reel kick. LINK
  7. Roger Huerta vs. War Machine
    The fight video is here on MMATKO Not a bad back-and-forth scrap.
  8. Pick em
    after commentin on a earlier topic..to how Mariusz can't last more than a round, and Bob Sapp instantly came into my mind..two guys who have NO gas tank / cardio, both comes rushin in, swingin for...
  9. One-Armed Fighter Nick Newell
    LINK This is very inspiring.
  10. Bellator
    I would love to watch Bellator from the beginning, unfortunately its not shown in the UK, does any one know a way I could get my hands on the first season of Bellator? By either downloading it or...
  11. Get In My Guard!
    I posted these videos when I first came to The Playground but since there are so many new members I figured I'd post them again. It's been a few years since they were made but I still find them...
  12. Report: Tim Sylvia vs Brett Rogers 'DREAM' fight planned for Dec. 31 in Japan
    Good to see a little thing like 60 days in the clink isn't keeping Brett Rogers out of the fight game. According to a report from Heavy MMA, "The Grim" will go from beating up his wife to beating up...
  13. My dream scenerio for Jacare!
    Come to the UFC and smash Michael Bisping. I think Its a reasonable fight to ask since bisping seems to get spoon fed and jacare just lost but it is a step up for bisping and a shot to maybe EARN him...
  14. World MMA Awards on Fox Sports Net at 8pm ET
    Just an FYI.
  15. VOTE: Most Hated Fighter of the Year
    Michael Bisping Chael Sonnen Josh Koscheck Nick Diaz CLICK HERE to vote!
  16. VOTE: Gym of the Year
    Jackson-Winkeljohn's MMA Black House Nova União American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) Team Alpha Male CLICK HERE to vote!
  17. VOTE: Coach of the Year
    Greg Jackson Shawn Tompkins Cesar Gracie CLICK HERE to vote!
  18. VOTE: Comeback Fighter of the Year
    Mark Hunt Tito Ortiz Cheick Kongo Frankie Edgar Dan Henderson CLICK HERE to vote!
  19. VOTE: Biggest Dope of the Year
    Nick Diaz Brett Rogers Pat Barry Chris Leben Nate Marquardt CLICK HERE to vote!
  20. VOTE: News Story of the Year
    UFC/FOX Broadcasting Deal ZUFFA Purchase of Strikeforce Chris Leben's Positive Drug Test Nate Marquardt's Termination (TRT) Miguel Torres' Termination (Twitter Comments) CLICK HERE to vote!
  21. VOTE: Referee of the Year
    Herb Dean Josh Rosenthal John McCarthy CLICK HERE to vote!
  22. VOTE: Worst Stoppage of 2011
    John Dodson over T.J. Dillashaw (TUF 14 Finale) Patricky Freire over Kurt Pellegrino (Bellator 59) Dan Henderson over Fedor Emelianenko (Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson) Wanderlei Silva over Cung Le...
  23. VOTE: "We'll Miss You Most of All, Scarecrow!" Award (awarded to those who have retired since Jan. 1)
    Randy "The Natural" Couture Chris Lytle Matt "The Hammer" Hamill Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic CLICK HERE to vote!
  24. VOTE: Event of the Year
    UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida Bellator 58 UFC 139: Hendo vs. Shogun UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard 3 CLICK HERE to vote!
  25. VOTE: "WTF?" Moment of the Year
    The Nick Diaz Saga Tito Ortiz def. Ryan Bader Cheick Kongo's Comeback KO over Pat Barry The Dennis Hallman Speedo Incident of 2011 Tank Abbott vs. Scott Ferrozzo Backyard Brawl CLICK HERE to vote!
  26. VOTE: Upset of the Year
    Charlie Brenneman over Rick Story (UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry) Michael Chandler over Eddie Alvarez (Bellator 58) Tito Ortiz over Ryan Bader (UFC 132) Joe Lauzon over Melvin Guillard (UFC 136) Daniel...
  27. VOTE: Breakout Fighter of the Year
    Daniel Cormier Michael Chandler Jake Ellenberger Donald Cerrone Benson Henderson CLICK HERE to vote!
  28. VOTE: The Lee Murray Award (aka 'Robbery of the Year')
    Joe Warren over Marcos Galvao (Bellator 41) Diego Sanchez over Martin Kampmann (UFC Live: Sanchez vs. Kampmann) Nick Ring over Riki Fukuda (UFC 127) Mariusz Pudzianowski over James Thompson (KSW...
  29. VOTE: Submission of the Year
    Pablo Garza’s Flying Triangle over Yves Jabouin (UFC 129) Vinny Magalhaes’ Mounted Gogoplata over Viktor Nemkov (M-1 Challenge XXV) Chan Sung Jung’s Twister over Leonard Garcia (UFC Fight Night:...
  30. VOTE: Knockout of the Year
    Dan Henderson over Fedor Emelianenko (Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson) Patricky Freire over Toby Imada (Bellator 39) Lyoto Machida over Randy Couture (UFC 129) Cheick Kongo over Pat Barry (UFC Live:...
  31. VOTE: Fight of the Year
    Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann (UFC Live: Sanchez vs. Kampmann) Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (UFC 139) Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard 3 (UFC 136) Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez...
  32. VOTE: Non-UFC Fighter of the Year
    Daniel Cormier Hector Lombard Michael Chandler Gilbert Melendez CLICK HERE to vote!
  33. VOTE: UFC Fighter of the Year
    Frankie Edgar Junior dos Santos Jon Jones Anderson Silva Donald Cerrone CLICK HERE to vote!
  34. VOTE: Female Fighter of the Year (All Promotions)
    Ronda Rousey Meisha Tate Marloes Coenen Zoila Gurgel CLICK HERE to vote!
  35. VOTE: Male Fighter of the Year (All Promotions)
    Dan "Hendo" Henderson Jon "Bones" Jones Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone Anderson "The Spider" Silva CLICK HERE to vote!
  36. VIDEO: Don Frye Returns against Ruben Villareal
    LINK
  37. 2011 MMAPlayground.com Awards
    Voting for the first annual MMAPlayground.com Awards is now underway. These awards have been nominated by you, the user and will also be voted upon by you as well. The staff at MMAPlayground.com...
  38. Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal
    Anyone else watching this event tonight? I know its not the most exciting card but its a nice little fix in between the UFC fights.
  39. Gilbert Melendez: I think I might be the best striker in the 155-pound division now (Video)
    "I think everyone thought that (Masvidal had the advantage striking) and I was eager to prove everyone wrong right there. I knew he was working hard on his takedown defense, it's hard to get guys...
  40. Strikeforce notebook: Noons, Evangelista conspire; Mousasi, Fodor open to title shots
    Strikeforce lightweight K.J. Noons (11-4 MMA, 3-2 SF) is no stranger to a little in-cage conversation, but it's generally laced with a few R-rated phrases and a mother reference or two. So when Noons...
  41. Cairo Rocha Scores Beautiful Knockout With Capoeira Kick
    Cairo Rocha (6-2) taking on Francisco Neves (2-4) at BRFC - Desafio dos Imortais wasn't exactly on anyone's radar heading into the weekend. After Rocha unleashed a kick that resulted in one of the...
  42. Doo Ho Choi Knocks Out Mitsuhiro Ishida at DEEP 56
    Mitsuhiro Ishida spent a significant amount of time in his career as a very tough out in the lightweight division. He's one of only two men to score a victory over current Strikeforce lightweight...
  43. Shinya Aoki
    should he be considered a top 5 lightweight or not ?
  44. All Things European MMA
    Current European MMA Rankings by Jay Jeans as of December the 28th (will update every 2 weeks) Heavyweight 265-lbs: Stefan Struve, Next Fight.... vs Unknown 1. Alistair...
  45. DREAM NEW YEARS EVE 2011
    This goes to the very few that stayed up the 8 plus hours to watch the whole event. Holy shit, that's was a sight to see. Still not sure it really happened to be honest. If you don't know what I'm...
  46. 2011 MMAPlayground.com Award for "Biggest Dope of the Year" goes to...
    Brett "Da Grim" Rogers Brett Rogers - 54.69% Nick Diaz - 25.00% Chris Leben - 9.38% Nate Marquardt - 9.38% Pat Barry - 1.56%
  47. 2011 MMAPlayground.com Award for "News Story of the Year" goes to...
    UFC/FOX Deal UFC/FOX Deal - 64.52% Zuffa Purchase of Strikeforce - 32.26% Nate Marquardt's Termination - 3.23%
  48. 2011 MMAPlayground.com Award for "Referee of the Year" goes to...
    Herb Dean Herb Dean - 59.7% Josh Rosenthal - 23.88% John McCarthy - 16.42%
  49. 2011 MMAPlayground.com Award for "WTF? Moment of the Year" goes to...
    Cheick Kongo's Comeback KO Victory over Pat Barry Kongo over Barry - 32.14% The Dennis Hallman Speedo Incident of 2011 - 30.36% The Nick Diaz Saga - 23.21% Tito Ortiz def. Ryan Bader - 8.93% Tank...
  50. 2011 MMAPlayground.com "We'll Miss You Most of All, Scarecrow" Award goes to...
    Randy "The Natural" Couture Randy Couture - 45.90% Chris Lytle - 32.79% Mirko Filipovic - 19.67% Matt Hamill - 1.64%
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175