General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Tank Abbott vs. Scott Ferrozzo 2?
    clearly im very bored right now, other wise i wouldnt be talking about a fight between two 46 year old men... i dunno if anybodys talked about this yet, but it blows my mind that its happening. but i...
  2. Paulo Filho hospitalized after drug overdose...
    MiddleEasy is reporting on Twitter that former WEC fighter, Paulo Filho, has been hospitalized in Rio after a drug overdose. From the miniscule research I've done, the drug is said to be Rohypnol...
  3. UFC divisional arm wrestling tourney, who wins?
    my picks. HW-Oli Thompson LHW-Phil Davis MW-Rousimar Palhares WW-GSP LW-Sean Sherk FW- Mike Brown BW-Joseph Benavidez
  4. championship tourney
    Cain velasquez vs. jon jones anderson silva vs. gsp frankie edgar vs. jose aldo dominick cruz vs. dana white hahahahahahaha
  5. YOUR OWN MMA PROMOTION
    If you could start your own mixed martial arts orginization, with a 1- show t.v deal on...lets say HBO, or cinemax and you csant use anybody under ZUFFA contract. it has to be 8 fights, 5 main cards...
  6. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 10 (Chris "Kamikaze" Cariaso)
    As with any successful professional, mixed martial artists eat, sleep and breathe their craft. They put everything on the line when they wake up, hit the gym and pour their blood, sweat and tears...
  7. Pat Barry & Cro Cop sing California Dreamin'
    Hope this makes your day, like it did mine. Video
  8. Favorite MMA Camp?
    Simple question. (Don't forget some fighters train at more then one camp.) Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy -Nick Diaz -Jake Shields -Gilbert Melendez -Nate Diaz American Kickboxing Academy -Cain...
  9. Robbie Lawler vs. Anthony Johnson?
    Who would win? and i dont wanna just hear johnson just because hes a beast right now and lawlers on a slump, b]think about it and break it down, this fight would make my face hurt aha and id be on my...
  10. XFC 14: RESURRECTION
    XFC 14: RESURRECTION 10/21/2010 1.Sammy Rodriguez(2-0) vs. Damion Williams(1-2) via Submission 2.John Mahlow(13-12) vs. Bruce Conners(8-4) via UD 3.Carlos Mikey Gomez(12-8) vs. Mike Bernhard(9-4) via...
  11. Prime Matt Hughes vs. Prime Pat Miletich?
    hahaha, i had to ask, would be an awesome fight deffinetly, i mean pat went 14-0 before losing and then dominated up until newton beat him, and hughes was the fuckin man, two sperate 5 defense title...
  12. Bellator..
    Just noticed the phrase on the poster for tonight's event. "Where title shots are earned, not given." Not sure how long they've had the phrase, but it's true. Seems to be a common occurrence in the...
  13. If CroCop kos Roy Nelson.....
    If CroCop kos Roy Nelson with a head kick would it be more surprising than Gonzagas head kick ko over Mirko?
  14. Regional MMA Roundup: Strikeforce Vet Joey Villasenor Wins, Top Prospect Jimi Manuwa Impresses
    Casual UFC fans didn't have to worry about plopping down a sizable sum of money this weekend as the world's premier mixed martial arts promotion remained quiet for its second straight week. As...
  15. new site layout
    I like most of the changes, but I have to say that the navigation bar at the top is just completely horrendous. I'm not sure who thought blue lettering on a light grey background was a good idea, but...
    Pages: 2
  16. MARK HUNT vs. PAT BARRY!!!
    talk about this fight
  17. Least Favorite Fighter in each weight class-(no bashing)
    I thought since someone did the "whos your favorite" question, that i would be mr. taboo and ask the opposite. i have a feeling im gonna be reading a lot of chael sonnens hahaha
  18. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 11 (Pablo "The Scarecrow" Garza)
    As with any successful professional, mixed martial artists eat, sleep and breathe their craft. They put everything on the line when they wake up, hit the gym and pour their blood, sweat and tears...
  19. Injured Bellator champ Zoila Gurgel asking for help with mounting medical bills
    Less than a week after suffering a torn ACL that scratched her upcoming fight with Carina Damm, Bellator's 115-pound women's champion is holding an online fundraiser to help pay for her medical...
  20. Diego Sanchez at 155 ?
    If Diego was still at 155 or moved back to 155 how would he fare ?
  21. MMA 5 vs 5
    (2) Which Teams would WIN in this 5 on 5 matchup (PART ONE) TEAM 1 Brian Bowles Jose Aldo Lyoto Machida Anthony Pettis Chael Sonnen TEAM 2 Dominic Cruz Junior Dos Santos Eddie Alvarez Rashad Evans...
  22. Video: Highlights of Valley Invasion MMA in Burbank California
    This is Urartu Sports News coverage of "Valley Invasion" presented by the National Fight Alliance. Also covered is Vanes Martirosyan vs Richard Gutierrez in Oklahoma. Video at:...
  23. Lightweight Matches that Make sense!
    These Are the top Contenders right now In my OPINION (no particular order) sidenote = im noticing a lot of rise to glory after suffering a loss while on TOP... stories..in some of these light...
  24. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 12 (Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson)
  25. Bodyguards!
    Which three MMA personalities/fighters would you have as your body guard if you were ever to get in trouble at the bar or a dark alley? Explain why! I'd have... Alistair Overeem --> cause he looks...
  26. P4P #2 & 3
    With most people agreeing that Anderson Silva right now is #1 P4P fighter. Who do you guys think is #2 and #3? Give epicly good reasons. Debate on (no bashing) :)
  27. Bas Rutten Fights a Zombie
    watch and enjoy for some reason i cant post this in the videos section so im posting it here. so basically, the only protection you need from zombies when they take over the world is Bas
  28. Can someone explain this knockout to me?
    Youtube - Knockout
  29. Pro Elite 2
    Fight Card Non-Tournament Pro Bouts Tim Sylvia vs. Andreas Kraniotakes Andrei Arlovski vs. Travis Fulton Reagan Penn vs. Evan Cutts Waylon Lowe vs. Floyd Hodges Heavyweight Tournament Bouts Mark...
  30. Most Unlikely KO of all time
    Arlovski KOed Fulton in the very last second of the third round at Pro Elite 2! And on top of that, the entirety of the fight was a complete snorefest. That was the most unlikely KO of all time....
  31. What happened to Rickson?
    So I am watching Choke for the first time, the documentary on Rickson Gracie and the Japanese Vale Tudo tournaments, and all I can think of while watching this is how full of it Rickson is. He is way...
  32. Tank Abbott vs. Scott Ferrozzo 2
    Wow. This is just ridiculous. If this isn't in the right place feel free to place it elsewhere. Last weekend, in some lucky guy’s backyard, two old school UFC titans met for the rematch that was...
  33. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 13 ("Rowdy" Ronda Rousey)
  34. Arlovski's ko of Fulton
    Just saw the finish. Worth a look Link
  35. notlookoutawhale - Best MMA videos on youtube
    Some of you may know, some of you may not. But there is a Youtuber by the name of "lookoutawhale". He has, in my opinion the funniest, THE FUNNIEST, MMA related videos on planet earth. Recently (or...
  36. Siyar Bahadurzada - WTF?
    I can't stand the waiting any more. Who will he fight in his UFC debut? Hopefully an announcement is coming soon. James Head, maybe?
  37. EFC Africa 11 - FREE Live Stream (2:30pm EST / 5:30pm PST)
    If anyone is jonesing for some midday MMA, the folks at Middleeasy are streaming the event live, which starts in a couple of minutes. Stream Link Here is a rundown of the fights featured on the card....
  38. what if?
    what if we could put dana white in the octagon against scott croker, and then bjorn rebney against keichii sashahara, and have the winners face off , who would take it all.....
  39. Spreading the word
    What are the odds that the powers that be could make up some stickers that we could buy (maybe premium members could get upon enrollment) so we can spread the word about the playground? Since I drive...
  40. FYI - 7 hours of coverage on Sirius Fight Club today!
    7 hours of MMA coverage can be heard on Sirius/XM Fight Club leading up to the fights tonight in case anyone is interested!
  41. What is the future of MMA?
    What is the future of MMA? In the beginning, it was style versus style. Nowadays, the focus is on becoming well-rounded. What will the focus be for tomorrow's fighters? What could possibly be better...
  42. Wanderlei Silva’s Military Surprise
    Just another display of how kind the Ax Murderer is. This may have been posted before. I didn't realize the video was a bit old. MMA:30 found out that staff sergeant Brian Kraus is a huge fan of MMA....
  43. My thoughts on Cung Le VS Wanderlei Silva..
    I'll get straight to it. Wanderleis record shows that he dosn't fare to well with great strikers, and if his last fight is any indicator of how his chin is then I believe he's going to be knocked out...
  44. Great weekend for MMA fans..
    Tons of exciting match-ups happening this weekend. Which are you most excited for? For me it's.. Shogun vs. Henderson - UFC 139 Silva vs. Le - UFC 139 Torres vs. Pace - UFC 139 Bader vs. Brilz - UFC...
  45. fight card results
    so i wanna start doing the results to every mid level fight card...hopefully if i ever get time between work and the new baby, but yeah, ive done a couple and i love doin out results, so if its cool...
  46. Who's Your Mt. Rushmore of MMA Part 2
    So back in May of this year i started a thread of Who u thought would be the Mt. Rushmore of MMA. I am doing it again to see if your Mountain has changed. Also, in this one i want u to give me Your...
  47. It's been fun but I have to leave
    I know i haven't posted much on these forums in the past year and it's for good reason. I've been working on becoming a certified MMA judge and referee. I recently participated in Herb Dean's judge...
  48. 11/19 Ronda Rousey vs Julia Budd Fight Video!
    11/19 Ronda Rousey vs Julia Budd Fight Video! Link to fight video
  49. Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler (video)
    Enjoy! Video
  50. Michael McDonald
    This guy is one to watch out for. I knew he was talented in the cage, but then I watched his post fight interview with Karyn Bryant. It's in the videos section of the playground, and I highly...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175