General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. "INSANE! Guard pull to rubber guard to rear naked plata, MUST SEE!" -Eddie Bravo
    Yamada vs. Kiichi
  2. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 1 (Pat "Bam Bam" Healy)
    As with any successful professional, mixed martial artists eat, sleep and breathe their craft. They put everything on the line when they wake up, hit the gym and pour their blood, sweat and tears...
  3. UFC Quick Quote: Dan Henderson clowns hapless Internet troll
    "Skooter, the difference between you and me is that while you sit at your computer and make ignorant statements while hiding behind an anonymous screen name, I am willing to test myself against the...
  4. Kpro's Point Total Av Bets - UFC on VERSUS 6
    UFC on VERSUS 6 on October 1st: Walel Watson vs. Joseph Sandoval Keith Wisniewski vs. Josh Neer Fabio Maldonado vs. Aaron Rosa Shane Roller vs. TJ Grant Rafaello Oliveira vs. Yves Edwards Mike Easton...
    Pages: 2
  5. My FN25 Experience
    i went to NOLA this past weekend to see FN25 Battle On The Bayou. I had an absolutely amazing time (kinda hard not to when you're in New Orleans) & got the chance to add a few souvenirs to my...
  6. UFC light heavyweight, Alexander Gustafsson, has begun tattooing his fight record on his arm.
    12-1 baby.
  7. Alistair Overeem in a music video LMFAO!
    i had to share this with u guys..was watchin this video and saw Ubereem in the middle of the video..and thought, man this guy does what he does best - GET PAID!..and yeah i do listen to LMFAO.. LMFAO...
  8. WMMA 3
    I didnt know where to post but I was wondering if anyone had a WMMA 2 or 3 license they were done with. I loved the first one and have been too broke to get the last two. WMMA 3 review
  9. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 2 (Charlie "The Spaniard" Brenneman)
    As with any successful professional, mixed martial artists eat, sleep and breathe their craft. They put everything on the line when they wake up, hit the gym and pour their blood, sweat and tears...
  10. Which Matchup Do You Want To See For The HW Title? POLL
    With the announcement that the Lesnar/Overeem winner will get a title shot against the JDS/Cain winner, I was curious as to which matchup would make you happier.
  11. What Are the ADCCs and Why Should You Care?
    The Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) Submission Wrestling Championship is the super-elite, invitation only competition in which the best of the best get worked over by the true apex predators of the...
  12. With renewal deadline looming, White says Strikeforce's future lies in Showtime's hands
    Dana says if Showtime wants to keep Strikeforce, they can. mmajunkie Is Dana picking Strikeforce's major pieces (Diaz, Overeem, Henderson) in hopes they will not renew & he can fold the tv contract,...
  13. If you were starting your own MMA org...
    If you were starting your own MMA org & you could hand-pick fighters from any org to help you build your org, who would you choose? Rules: * 1 fighter per weight class * You cannot choose an...
  14. ADCC 2011
    Who are you guys rooting for in each weight division at ADCC? I'd like to see these guys do well.. (65.9kg) Justin Rader (76.9kg) Leo Santos (87.9kg) Chris Weidman (98.9kg) Vinny Magalhães (99kg)...
  15. Strikeforce Challengers 19. Links?
    Hey, can someone PM me a link to the Strikeforce Challengers card? I'll send props.
  16. got banned from sherdog today
    so mmaplayground it is!! whats up guys?!
  17. Jon Jones is set to defend his title against a determined Quinton Rampage Jackson.
    Jon Jones is set to defend his title against a determined Quinton Rampage Jackson. Did anyone else find this funny?^^^ I once thought Rampage had the makings of a champion prior to his fight with...
  18. Alexis Vila's knockout of Joe Warren at Bellator 51 (Video)
    In case you missed it. MMAJunkie Video
  19. Are their any fighters that smoke or chew/dip?
    With all the health hazards aside I was thinking about this earlier. Are their any high profile fighters that actually use tobbaco products? I could of sworn I once herd that Carwin dipped but it...
  20. Ask the Fight Doc: Did Denver's altitude really affect UFC 135 fighters?
    Two heavyweights fights provided sometimes-plodding action at this past weekend's UFC 135 event. But were the conditions – namely Denver's altitude – at least partially to blame for the big men's...
  21. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 3 (Nam Phan)
  22. why hioki vs. roop on main card? when we all want to see cerrone/siver
    i mean, im sure itll be on spike for free on the prelims, but its just principle, yea, i get it, hiokis a superstar, but come one, this isnt shinya aoki, its not like hes gonna come in and dominate...
  23. Another link of Warren getting KTFO but teh end of Warren crying
    You must go to 4:23 of this is where its epic Link
  24. Too Much?
    With the recent news of the UFC possibly having 2 shows in one night, do you feel that we will get oversaturated with all this MMA? I wanna say no but I'm already hearing that it might. What do you...
  25. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 4 (Julie "Fireball" Kedzie)
  26. Shogun gets KO'd as a teen
    This week, a video of Shogun’s early fighting days following a graduation exam at the Chute Boxe Academy made the rounds on the Internet. It involved one of the famed team’s “super classes,” which...
  27. Do u enjoy watching Dominick Cruz fight??
    After another pretty dominating UD last nite, i'm hearing a ton of people say that they don't like Cruz's style, and sum even calling him boring. I have 2 respectfully disagree. I understand that he...
    Pages: 2
  28. More Dominant Way To Win (POLL)
    Just was curious on the Playground's opinion on this after I posted my opinion on it in another thread. I think a 50-45 is by leaps and bounds as it shows prolonged dominance and an early knockout...
  29. Even More Stats for Thought
    To add on to some of the stats i recorded about 2 and a half years ago, I have now calculated the results of the past 33 UFC events and 11 of the past WEC events (BW and FW only) to now have the...
  30. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 5 (Nik "The Carny" Lentz)
  31. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 6 (Brian "Bad Boy" Ebersole)
  32. Former Hockey enforcer, Steve Bosse knocks out Houston Alexander!
    There is a link to the video right below. The KO happens at the 14 minute mark if you don't want to watch the entire fight. LINK
  33. Brock Lesnar signs new deal with WWE
    After SEVEN YEARS apart, UFC pain machine Brock Lesnar is getting back into business with the company that put him on the map -- WWE -- in a deal that will make him the "featured star" in a brand new...
  34. How do you score this round?
    I would appreciate some views on this scenario: Fighter A takes down fighter B at the beginning of the round and improves his position from guard to mount then eventually to the back. He spends the...
  35. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 7 (Brian Foster)
  36. Joe Son may have killed his cellmate yesterday
    link There is a rumor going round this morning that Joe Son killed his cellmate yesterday after being assaulted several times for being a rapist. This isn't all the way confirmed yet, but should be...
  37. SUPERFIGHT MADNESS 1
    as of right now, these are the top 5 superfights i really wanna see, all on one ppv card MAIN CARD 1.Robbie Lawler vs. Anthony Johnson 2.Hector Lombard vs. Chael Sonnen 3.Eddie Alvarez vs. Frank...
  38. Zach Makovksy - People Would Know Who I Am If I Fought In The WEC
    Zach Makovsky is one of the top bantamweight fighters in the world, yet to most fans he's completely unknown. This is because he's not fighting in the UFC and never spent time in the WEC. Instead,...
  39. Miesha Tate Interview (Gartface and I) Right Now
    Gartface and I are interviewing Miesha Tate on Sports-At-Work.com right now if anyone wants to listen live. www.sports-at-work.com
  40. Are we witnessing MMA at the highest peak it will ever become..
    I know that mma is still relativly new and everything but i just looked at the fighter rankings on the playground and started thinking we may be witnessing the greatest era that will ever be in mma...
  41. Glover Texieira
    I'm absolutley fascinated with this guy, his control and god-like prowess is an amazing thing to watch. I need to be able to see this guy fight in the UFC soon, any one else agree? (ive seen a...
  42. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 8 (DaMarques "Darkness" Johnson)
  43. Yours trully THQ
    For UFC Undiputed 4 I have an idea, you dick wanna make Diaz, Stann, and Mayhem available only with a pre order so I have an idea, instead of just giving your fans the finger I vote that next year...
  44. M-1 Global Stream
    Does anyone have a stream to the M-1 Global fights tonight? It's on Showtime but sadly I don't have that channel. PM one if you have it please. Props will follow.
  45. SFS 2: Doerkson vs. Cooper
    So i wanted to do a quick little results bulletin for the smaller shows, just for fun anyways, as i wanna do this on the regular basis, if thats cool with yall, which could be convenient for those...
  46. M-1 Challenge 27: Garner vs. Grishin
    M-1 Challenge 27: Garner vs. Grishim 10/14/2011 1.Ryan Crouch(1-2) def. Frederick Lumpkin(0-1) via TKO(puches) at N/A of Rd 2 2.Daniel Madrid(7-2) def. Tom Gallicchio(16-7) via SUB(armbar) at 0:48 of...
  47. Do you think it's too late?
    I'm 16 years old (Jan. 5 17), 5" 11" and 154 pounds. I've been playing basketball for about 6 years now and started gym 2 weeks ago. Do you think I could start MMA and then compete as an amateur or a...
  48. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 9 (Rich "The Raging Bull" Attonito)
  49. Pride 1 - JJ
    Finally got my hands on PRIDE, so I've been watching. Deciding to write up my thoughts as the fight plays out kinda like my own play-by-play. I've not seen many PRIDE fights if I'm honest so if you...
  50. PRIDE 2 - JJ
    Finally got my hands on PRIDE, so I've been watching. Deciding to write up my thoughts as the fight plays out kinda like my own play-by-play. I've not seen many PRIDE fights if I'm honest so if you...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175