General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. ROUND 4 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY MATCH 2
    Round 4 match#2 Sylvester Stallone vs Charlton Heston* *Heston gets a free pass to the final 4 because he was president of the N.R.A.
  2. Why Tim Kennedy Won't Stop Talking About the Military, Even if You Want Him To
    Great article and a very inspiring story. As Tim Kennedy took to the center of the cage to give his post-fight remarks after winning a decision over Robbie Lawler at Saturday night's Strikeforce...
  3. if chael sonnen ran for office in your state what would you want his campaign slogan to be?
    i would want it to be "chael sonnen. because he's better then you"
  4. UFC 133 Betting Lines
    Lines courtesy of www.bmaker.ag Aug 6th, live on Pay-per-view from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Main card: Rashad Evans (15-1-1) -450 vs. Tito Ortiz (16-8-1) +350 Vitor Belfort (19-9) -300 vs....
  5. ACTION STAR TOURNAMENT ROUND 4 RESULTS
    This tournament is now down to the final 4. Some good action stars have fallen in the three previous rounds. Two more must fall in order to crown the 1st Action Star tournament winner. Round 3 Match...
  6. Action Star Final Round Lee vs Stallone
    Here it is, the Finals 2 of the greatest Action Stars are set to Square off to see just who will become the 1st ever Action Star Tournament Winner Bruce Lee vs Sylvester Stallone
  7. Anyone watchin Tachi Palace Fights On Sherdog?
    I'm really excited for the Ian McCall fight. Heard lots of good things (mostly from him) & hope to see if he's worth the watch by the way, the fights are outside & the announcers keep talking about...
  8. What is Tito's skyrocket to relevency comparable to?
    2 wins against Ken Shamrock, 4 losses & 1 draw in the next 5 fights & now after beating Bader, he gets the opportunity to step in short notice against a top 5 lhw.. Is there anyone else who has such...
  9. UFC 133 Videos added
    Hope I am not bugging anyone with my updates, haha. UFC 133 full post fight press conference is up, in three parts UFC 133 Q&A (full) with Chael Sonnen uploaded Lost of post fight interviews, more...
  10. Vitor fighting at UFC Brazil?
    I hope so! Dana said himself, Vitor took no damage in the fight, he is ready to go..... Anyone want to see it? Or rather, how many of you want to see it? Who would you pick for his opponent if you...
  11. Judo vs Wrestling
    Trigg vs Simpson Nice work Trigg
  12. Nick Diaz - A Day in the Life
    Great new video. I bet you can guess from the topic subject what it's about. I have to say, I have never seen Nick Diaz like this before, and I have watched a lot of videos on the dude. Great video,...
  13. Pat Barry training for Stefan Struve (video)
    Video
  14. Which MMA fighter do you...
    Which MMA Fighter would you LEAST like to end up losing a bet and being forced to fight in a unified rules mma fight? And despite being forced to fight them, what would your gameplan to be to win?
  15. Budgellism's Fantasy Draft
    Since Hashyandy's draft is coming to an end I figured why not start another. This will be the first draft I've ever hosted so bare with me. For the draft I will need 5 people, not including myself....
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
  16. The entire master tape library of M-1 is for sale on eBay, RIGHT NOW!
    "Up for bid is 171 large mouth Sony HD Cam 124 minute tapes. These tapes have one pass on them and are in EXCELLENT shape. This is the only complete completion as they are the MATER tapes for M1...
  17. Bold Predictions about Strikeforce coming to an end
    This is an interesting article about a possible path for the future of Strikeforce. Cover's it's very existence, the Grand Prix, WMMA, and some other big topics....
  18. How are your favorite fighters stacking up?
    The Playground allows us to list our top ten favorite fighters in the rankings section, and I'm wondering how your favorite fighters are stacking up in their recent competition. 1. Chuck Liddell Org...
  19. Realistic Dream Matchups in MMA
    the favorite fighters thread made me wonder what dream matchups you could create with your favorite fighters. But be realistic. As much as I would love to see BJ vs Lesnar, that's not the matchups...
  20. I can't believe Matt Hughes would...
    ...let BJ take his back again
  21. WEC... Can someone do me a favour?
    Right, Ill be the first to admit I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of the WEC fights/events and because of that I only really know the UFC, Bellator and Strikeforce So if somebody has the time and...
  22. Lightweight Division
    The lightweight division seems to be up for the taking right now.Guida,Melvin and now Henderson are all making strong statements to get the title shot.Who deserves it? and who can dethrone either...
  23. Help us sponsor Bellator fighter Chris Lozano
    Hey guys, my web site www.combatcardboard.com is sponsoring The Cleveland Assassin Chris Lozano at Bellator 49 in September. Chris is fighting in the opening round of the welterweight tournament....
  24. Strikeforce: Heavyweight GP Semi-Finals Fight Card
    Sept 10th, live on Showtime from Cincinnati, Ohio: Main card: Josh Barnett (30-5) vs. Sergei Kharitonov (18-4) [GP Semi-Final] Antonio Silva (16-2) vs. Daniel Cormier (8-0) [GP Semi-Final] Ronaldo...
  25. What happened to Roger Huerta???
    Roger "El Matador" Huerta left UFC to "dominate" in Bellator but instead lost two in a row. Months later he bounced back with a decisive KO victory over a woman punching coward in an un-official...
  26. Saw an advanced screening of the movie 'Warrior'
    So a week or so ago I saw an advanced screening of the new MMA movie 'Warrior' that will be released September 9th, and I wrote a review for a website about it. The jist of it.. It was great. Think...
  27. Curran's head kick KO of Sandro (gif)
    Sick.
  28. Favorite MMA T shirts?
    I just ordered a few that I've been staring at a while. Just was curious what some of your fav fighter tees were. If you didn't notice, Dethrone seems to have my number, bc I love most of their...
  29. hashyandy4's fantasy draft
    Thought i would start up another draft. For this one i will need 7 people not including myself. Must be active posters (i will determine.) I will also use Budge's rule of missing 5 windows will get u...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
  30. UFC vs. BCS? It Could Happen
    Anyhow, I wrote this article last night and I thought that I would share it with the PG. It's a pretty interesting take on what the UFC could do now that they are partnered with FOX. Given Dana's...
  31. 2012 epic come-back wishes !
    I know I know ! 2011 feels like it just begun but in a few months it will be over & a few months goes quick on an mma calender! The never ending story of MMA weaves many a tale but my personal...
  32. AVATAR BET
    Anyone want to make an Avatar bet for this weekends fights? I am open to all talks......
  33. Switch kick KO GOLD!!
    This is a great KO, landed be Marcus "Lelo" Aurelio. At his bout at BFL 10. Props to CagePotato.com via MiddleEasy.com
  34. Anderson Silva's Burger King ad
    Video
  35. so what if...?
    the other day I was thinking to myself, "what if everyone in MMA fought at their natural weight?" like whatever they walk around at. how successful would some of these dominant champs be? this...
  36. How many fights will Brazilians win?
    11 out of the 12 fights scheduled for UFC 134 have Brazilian fighters participating. 3 out of those 11 have fellow Brazilians matching up against each other. Of the 8 remaining fights, how many do...
  37. R.I.P Jack Shields
    The father of Jake Shields has passed away. It was learned that he died peacefully as he slept. Jack Shields was instrumental in his son’s MMA career. He taught Jake the values of hard work and...
  38. R.I.P. Chris “Big Poppa” Schnake: 1974 – 2011
    It’s been a tough time of late for the mixed martial arts community, which has seen several of its family members pass away. Esteemed trainer Shawn Tompkins, and the manager of Jake Shields, his...
  39. Impatiently Awaiting the Return OF Alan Belcher at FN25!!!!!
    I know I'm not the only one excited about the return of The Talent!!!! I ordered tix to my 1st ufc event in Austin (12 hours away from where I live) at this time last year expecting to see one of my...
  40. If you were going to introduce someone to MMA, which 5 fights would you show them?
    1. Shogun - Lil Nog 2. Gomi - Diaz 3. Garcia - Chan-Sung Jung 4. Rampage - Wandy I 5. Henderson - Pettis i know it's hard to pick only 5, but these have always stood out to me personally.
  41. Ring vs Cage-Which Set Up is Best?
    Since the beginning of Mixed Martial Arts competition, there have been two common set ups for combatants to compete in. The "cage" set up is one of the most commonly recognized with leading...
  42. MMA Quotes from the past week
    MMARanked’s Vik Sandhu compiles a list of who said what over the past week in the world of mixed martial arts. My favorites include: “Little brother just beat the big brother’s ass! They tried to...
  43. Badr Hari could be a good addition to MMA
    I've seen this dude Badr Hari on HDnet fights, DEMOLISH k1 fighters like they were his bitches, i also saw my first spinning heel kick ko watching him, he has beat Alistair Overeem and Semmy Schilt...
  44. ONE FC 1: Champion vs Champion
    for those who haven't seen ONE FC, probably has one of the most exciting rules in MMA today... do check the fights, except for the Yoshida/Baroni fight, all of them were slam bang affair...
  45. Strikeforce this Saturday has Some Prospective Greats
    Lost in the storyline of the HW GP debacle, the card this saturday has several fighters who have a legit chance of being top ten in their division some day. None of these guys is a lock, but each one...
  46. BAMMA 7 (Videos)
    http://www.steverattlemma.com/2011/09/bamma-7-videos
  47. Kurt Pellegrino signs with Bellator
    Former UFC lightweight Kurt ‘Batman’ Pellegrino (16-6) talked of retirement recently after his dismissal from the Ultimate Fighting Championship promotion. During tonight’s, Sept. 10, Bellator 49...
  48. Strikeforce GP
    The Good Cormier- This guy has bricks for fists. He made Silva look slow. Every punch he threw wobbles Silva to the point that I felt sorry for him. I thought Silva would use his 11 inch reach to...
  49. Cameron Dollar?
    I took a liking to Dollar on TUF 8 and I've been following him after his cut from the UFC. Well, he was supposed to headline C3 Fights last night against Cody Bollinger but I can't find any updates...
  50. Daniel Cormier vs Travis Browne
    Just saw Cormier vs Silva. What do you guys think of that match up? That was my instinct, I know the whole Strikeforce UFC thing but still wondering who you guys think would win
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175