General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Has anyone been paying attention to Pat Smith?
    Unlike many of his counterparts from his era, this guy is still beating legit competition! he will never be a contender again, but beating the likes of Brad Imes as of 2009 is impressive for the man....
  2. Top 10.. Promotions
    So after Nate picked BAMMA, I noticed a lot of people tried to critize Nate's choice and it got me wondering, what is everybodies opinions on the top 10 promotions overall, in terms of fights,...
  3. MMA History: The Nate Marquardt vs. Ricardo Almeida Controversy
    Ever since he was pulled from his UFC on Versus 4 main event with Rick Story, Nate Marquardt has been a subject of much discussion. Some of that discussion has focused on his past, pointing out the...
  4. GET YOUR VOTES IN
    The voting for Round 1 of Action Stars Tournament ends Sunday. If you wanna vote make sure you get them in before midnight (or close to) as Round 2 starts as soon as I get up Monday morning. Hope you...
  5. Your 10 favorite fighters ever MMA and Boxing
    So im asking for a top ten of your fav. fighters ever that are boxers or MMA. Here's Mine. 1. Anderson Silva 2. Muhammad Ali 3. Ronald "Winky" Wright 4. Jon Jones 5. Lyoto Machida 6. Floyd Mayweather...
  6. First PPV ordered? Live MMA fight seen?
    I had been renting UFC's on video for many many years and probably seen a live PPV before but the first one I ordered on my own cable bill live and specifically remember and also the first MMA...
  7. LIVE Fight Card's
    Making a fight card using only fighters I've seen live: UNDERCARD: 185 - Benji "Razor" Radach vs. Mario Miranda 185 - Joe "Diesel" Riggs vs. Matt "Suave" Horwich 155 - Duane "Bang" Ludwig vs. Chris...
  8. Video: Extreme Challenge 188, Eric Davila knocks out Brock Larson in 7 seconds
    It took just seven seconds for Eric Davila to knock out Brock Larson at Extreme Challenge 188. Larson is now 4-4 in his last eight fights after starting his career 29-2. LINK
  9. Need help! Anyone from Las Vegas please respond
    I have been really interested in MMA betting. The site that sponsors the playground won't make accounts for people in my area... I was probably going to create a Bodog account. However, while I will...
  10. Pat Curran and Marlon Sandro move one to the Belator FW tourney final.
    Both Marlon Sandro and Pat Curran have earned thier way into the final of Belators FW tournament. Sandro put on a striking and TD clinic on Malegarie. While Curren in typical fashion ground his...
  11. Action Star Round 1 Results
    The first round of Action Star had a few mismatches. That was expected. What wasn't expected was a few fights that were closer then I thought. Here is how it all played out Match #1 Bruce Lee vs...
  12. ACTION STAR TOURNAMENT BRACKET ROUND 2
    LEE VS EASTWOOD NORRIS VS CONNERY ARNOLD VS STATHAM SEGAL VS VAN-DAMME BOLO YEUNG VS LEI STALLONE VS DIESEL
  13. ROUND 2 ACTION STARS TOURNY MATCH 1
    Match #1 Bruce Lee vs Clint Eastwood
  14. ROUND 2 ACTION STARS TOURNY MATCH 2
    Match #2 Chuck Norris vs Sean Connery
  15. ROUND 2 ACTION STARS TOURNY MATCH 3
    Match #3 Arnold vs Jason Statham
  16. ROUND 2 ACTION STARS TOURNY MATCH 4
    Match #4 Steven Segal vs JCVD
  17. ROUND 2 ACTION STARS TOURNY MATCH 5
    Match #5 Bolo Yeung vs Jet Lei
  18. ROUND 2 ACTION STARS TOURNY MATCH 6
    Match #6 Sylvester Stallone vs Vin Diesel
  19. Betting Lines in MMA for the Second Half of 2011
    July Fedor Emelianenko (-225) vs. Dan Henderson (+185), Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson Marloes Coenen (-125) vs. Miesha Tate (-105), Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson August Rashad Evans (-420) vs....
  20. Who's personality do you hate the most
    There are a lot of opinions on the playground. I want your opinions on who's personality pisses you off the most
    Pages: 2
  21. Fight Rewind (BloodyElbow)
    Fight Rewind is a weekly article done by BloodyElbow's Matt Bishop where each week he takes a look back at a classic fight (that can either be famous or infamous) from UFC, PRIDE, Strikeforce,...
  22. Top 10 Strikers in mma history
    With the debate about lay-n-pray raging on, I wanna take time away from that for a moment. I wanna know who your top 10 strikers are in Mma history Mine are... 10. Melvin Manhoef 9. Frank Edgar 8....
  23. Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhoef
    I'm a huge "Ruthless" fan, and one of things I see pretty often when non-fans talk about him is his fight with Melvin Manhoef, where Manhoef was pretty much picking apart Lawler with leg kicks until...
  24. Which MMA fighter has the Sexiest significant other
    Which MMA fighter has what you want Mine is my boy Vitor Belfort- oh het name? Joana Prado
  25. Action Star Tournament Round 2 Results
    The results are in for the second round of the tournament. Sorry it took so long. We had a couple great matchups, a few blowouts, and well...that's about it. Matchup #1 Bruce Lee vs Clint Eastwood...
  26. ROUND 3 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY MATCH 1
    ROUND 3 MATCH 1 BRUCE LEE VS CHUCK NORRIS
  27. ROUND 3 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY MATCH 2
    ROUND 3 MATCH 2 ARNOLD VS JCVD
  28. ROUND 36 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY MATCH 3
    ROUND 3 MATCH 3 JET LEI VS SYLVESTER STALLONE
  29. A look back at PRIDEFC
    I miss the days of the UFC and PRIDEFC coexisting in the mma landscape. The debate as to which rules were better (elbows in the ufc, soccer kicks in pride), who had better fighters, and which belt...
  30. (poll) Who wins tonight between Fedor and Henderson?
    I was interested in seeing The Playground's answer to this question.
  31. Should the Womens 5 round title fight be the main event tonight and dan/fedor be co main?
    it is a title fight and kind of weird having a 3 rounder as the main over a five rounder
  32. Strikeforce announcing is quite terrible..
    As i sit here watching my 3rd ever Strikeforce event I have to say.. the announcing is an inconsequential as the fights themselves are. Neither man takes on the role of a decent color commentator,...
  33. BS stoppage
    seriously Herb, WTF??!?!?!?!!?! Fedor was not out...dazed and rocked yes but not out. you have let undercard fights go on far longer than that, give Fedor the chance to recover. Fedor was just about...
  34. Fedor vs Henderson Stoppage Discussion
    This thread is obviously going to happen, and I'm interested to see what people thought so I'm making it . I'm on the fence myself. Initially on my low quality stream it looked like a pretty bad...
  35. To Early for a Main Event???
    So honestly Fedor (who is my fav fighter) looked out at first. But recovered quickly. Do you think (since it was the Main Event) it should have gone farther???? Honestly I think it was an early...
  36. What is Dan Henderson's next career move?
    Alright folks. Here's a two part question for you, if you care to participate. First, what do you think Dan Henderson's next career move should be? Defending his SF LHW belt, maybe moving to the UFC,...
  37. I apologize to everyone
    I apologize to everyone that took offense to my posts...but first I would like to say.. Calling me immature and a dumazz by posters just feeds into it and gets me going...Also to immediately start...
  38. How would you Describe Fedors Career?
    A lot of discussion is going on about the validity of Fedors opponents. Some say he fought legends of the sport and beat them, others say that he fought cans and beat them. I wanna see were the...
  39. Who Do You Feel Is The Greatest Champion In Ufc History
    We've had a few dominate champions in the short history of the UFC. I wanna know who you feel had/has the most impressive rein over their division/divisions
  40. 135 and 145 divisions
  41. whos the sexiest mma fighter
  42. Yesterday was Krazy
    The playground was a hostile place to be yesterday. Things started getting real crazy once the discussion turned to Fedors legacy. Whether you feel he's the best heavyweight ever or not, I'm glad...
  43. about MMA
    Hi! My name is Martina, and I work for tour operating company. Soon I am starting a new project which will cover great spectacles / shows associated with the MMA. I was assigned to a small research,...
  44. How will Rich Franklin be remembered?
    My first knowledge of Rich Franklin was when he beat Ken Shamrock. I know, he had already been around awhile, even fighting future Light Heavyweight Champ Lyoto Machida. But I remember thinking "how...
  45. UFC movie trailers + Countdown to UFC 133 added
    I added a couple videos in the playground videos section. One is a UFC 133 "movie trailer" that is pretty funny and well done. Another is made in the same style, and it's UFC 132: The Crippler vs The...
  46. Why allowing Hendo to rejoin UFC does not set a precedent, yet decides the future of Strikeforce
    Two words.. NO CONTRACT. He served his terms to completion and impressively. At this point all the matchups that make sense for his career take place in a cage with more sides that the hexagon....
  47. ACTION STAR TOURNAMENT ROUND 3 RESULTS
    Round 3 had 1 fight that just wouldn't end. Arnold and JCVD were fighting for like 4 days. It was the greatest fight ever so I had to enlist the services of a few playgrounders and we final brought a...
  48. ROUND 4 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY MATCH 1
    Round 4 Match #1 Bruce Lee vs Arnold
  49. What would be your base discipline
    Some guys want a wrestling background, others jiu-jitsu. Others prefer the standup. What would be your base discipline if you were a fighter?
  50. Top 3 Favorite Fights, Knockouts, Submissions, and Upsets In MMA?
    Hey guys. Just trying to waste some time on The Playground while we wait on Saturday night to roll around. What are your top 3 favorite fights, KO/TKOs, submissions, and upsets in MMA? (Favorite...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175