General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Fantasy Draft Project
    I am setting up a new game (surprise surprise) this game was co created by myself, jjeans and Budgillism. So far I have 4 players and I want 1 more: 1. Rabi 2. jjeans 3. emfleek 4. Gspfan 5....
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
  2. M-1 Challenge 26
    I found a some videos from this weekend's M-1 Challenge card, and posted them in the videos section of the playground. A couple good knockouts in there! Including.... Spinning back fist KO
  3. Chael Sonnen baby onesies
    The folks at MiddleEasy.com have had another funny contest: Chael Sonnen baby onesie design contest
  4. Five Favorite Moments In The UFC?
    Hope this hasn't been done yet. If it has, it was probably five favorite moments in MMA, so I'll narrow it down to just the UFC. 5. Chael Sonnen getting busted for PEDs after losing to Anderson...
  5. Jon Jones and Urijah Faber in NEW EPIC UNCENSORED K-Swiss comercial!!!
    This comercial centers around the fictional character Kenny Powers........lead guy in HBO's show East Bound and Down. Great comercial.......i really have no words to describe it. If you know Kenny...
  6. Has anyone ever mailed a picture to a fighter to get an autograph?
    Have you done it? What's the success rate? I want to decorate my office with fighter autographs and memoribilia. I know some guys will autograph pictures and whatnot if you mail said items to them....
  7. VOTE: Fleek's Fantasy Draft (Undercard Fights)
    Over the course of the past couple weeks, a few of us have been participating in a fantasy draft. Myself, gspfan, AchillesHeel, gartface and Rabi have assembled a 12-fight card full of fighters...
  8. VOTE: Fleek's Fantasy Draft (Swing Bouts)
    Over the course of the past couple weeks, a few of us have been participating in a fantasy draft. Myself, gspfan, AchillesHeel, gartface and Rabi have assembled a 12-fight card full of fighters...
  9. VOTE: Fleek's Fantasy Draft (Main Card)
  10. MMA: What's your favourite memory?
    In MMA every so often theres that big moment which makes you think this is the greatest sport, what was overall your favourite moment in MMA? Big question but wondering if it's answerable?
  11. Tito Pushing Rashad at Event
    Havn't seen or heard of this before!! video
  12. hardcore armbar
    I dont want this ref ever. ouch
  13. Flashback:: UFC 4 Press Conference
    A video to show you how far UFC has come. It's pretty amazing to actually see the small half empty rooms that i've heard some "old timers" talk about...
  14. GSP grinding out female... at a party
    Gsp may be the gentleman face of MMA, but he's still a man. Good to see he's having fun but i hope he's not gonna take diaz lightly....
  15. are there any mma sites that will stream live the dream event tonight??
    Just checking if anyone knows any sites that will be doing live streaming of the dream bantamweight grand prix finals tonight. If so please let me know and the time it will start as well
  16. UFC Champion Jon Jones Won't Autograph Your Replica Belt
    Josh Zerkle asked Jon Jones what was one thing he would change about the sport & his answer was....... JONES: It's a silly one. I would get rid of the replica belts. Zerkle: Like the ones they sell...
  17. better cards due to so many injuries?
    Do you think the UFC will start stacking the cards more due to all these main card injuries? w/ all the sick fights on 136 & 137, I was just curious if you think this is a trend we can expect for all...
  18. G4's Blair Butler Shows Her ‘Heart’ in New Comic Book Centered on the World of MMA
    In the pop culture universe, mixed martial arts has bled over into many other formats over the last several years. From TV appearances with the likes of Chuck Liddell on the HBO series “Entourage” to...
  19. Shark Fights 17 videos
    Got five of the Shark Fights 17 fights posted in the videos section of MMA Playground, including the Ricco Rodriguez fight, and Horwich-Rosholt II. Enjoy!
  20. Is Japan Being Overshadowed by Korea?
    It seems like to me that the Asian fighters of today, with maybe the exception of Okami, are primarily of Korean origin, which leads me to the opinion that with Korea's deep traditions in wrestling...
  21. He May Not Want to Sign Your Stupid Belt, but Jon Jones will Shake Your Hand, Take Pictures, and Sign Your Shirt
    So Jones draws the line at signing a replica UFC belt. What he will do is talk to you like a normal person, clown for pictures, sign whatever you want other than a replica UFC belt. Is that...
  22. Matt Mitrione exhibition fight video
    I found this video of a Matt Mitrione fight. I am assuming it is from one of the two exhibition bouts that Wikipedia shows on his record. It's short one, worth taking a look at. Video
  23. Top 5 Favorite Fighters To Watch?
    Not your top five favorite fighters, but your top five favorite fighters to WATCH. For example, Tito Ortiz will never be on my list of favorites, but I will admit that I get excited when I see his...
  24. All Nut-shot Edition
    They did a good job with this spoof video: All Nut-shot Edition from CollegeHumor (NSFW - language)
  25. why isnt dream results updated on secondary league yet??
    Its been a couple days now So why is the dream event results for points not updated yet
  26. ONE Fighting Championship
    So, ONE announced their first event yesterday. Here's the current lineup...you may notice a few names. Eduard Folayang vs. Ole Laursen Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Phil Baroni Mitch Chilson vs. Eric Kelly...
  27. Rampage / Jones press conference staredown gif
    just had to share this with u guys..hahaha..Rampage funny as always..
  28. 5 fighters you least like watching
    These are the 5 fighters you can't stand. It has nothing to do with wins and loses, just personal taste. 1. Lyoto Machida- would be great on dancing with the stars 2. Brock Lesner- typical meathead...
  29. UFC champ most lilely to be unseated in the next year
    Which current UFC champ do you feel is most likely to lose their belt within the next year? Dominic Cruz- Bantamweight Jose Aldo- Featherweight Frankie Edgar- Lightweight Georges St. Pierre-...
  30. Who has the best BJJ in MMA today
    I was talking over the subject of who has the best Jiu-jitsu in MMA with a buddy the other day. A few obvious choices were made in demian maia, jacare, BJ Penn, and Shinya Aoki. Then there are the...
  31. "leveling up"
    Just a question for the pg. Do any of you know the points of leveling up your bars in terms of posts. In other words, 50 gets you to Mma regular, how many posts to the next one
  32. *THIS IS FOR EVERYONE*
    I just wanted to thank everyone on the playground for making this the best fantasy league on the planet. All your dedication isn't lost on me. We all may state our opinions and may not always agree...
  33. Top 10 MMA fighters all time.
    This one could cause some arguments.....but lets have fun with it. Top 10 MMA fighters ever..... 10. BJ Penn (16-7-2) 9. Dan Severn (98-16-7) 8. Randy Couture (19-11) 7. Matt Hughes (45-8) 6. Chuck...
    Pages: 2
  34. ACTION STAR TOURNY
    Im planning on doing a tournament with all the good action stars from the past and present. Its gonna be a 16 man tourny. I've came up with some stars that ill list below. If you guys have...
  35. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 1
    With the help of you guys, we have come up with 24 Action stars. Some of your suggestions made it, some didn't. But all are worthy. I'm gonna be releasing the matchups 2 at a time. It may take a few...
  36. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 2
    The second matchup of the day is a good one. The Rock vs. Clint Eastwood
  37. Fedor Emelianenko spars with pro boxer Denis Lebedev
    Sparring With Denis Lebedev. Looked pretty good I'd say, that right hand is looking scary, around the 50 sec mark, Fedor tags him pretty flush....
  38. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 3
    Match 3 of the Action Star Tourny Chuck Norris vs Mel Gibson
  39. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 4
    Missed the poll for match 4 of the Action Star Tourny EDIT: Vote again. Original thread removed due to lack of poll. (the same reason cowcatcher is single)
  40. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 5
    Match 5 of the Action Stars Tourny Arnold vs Tom Cruise
  41. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 6
    Match 6 of the Action Stars Tourny Steve Austin vs Jason Statham
  42. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 7
    Match 7 of the Action Stars Tourny Jackie Chan vs Steven Segal
  43. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 8
    Match 8 in the Action Stars Tourny Daniel Craig vs Jean Claude Van-damme
  44. ACTION STAR TOURNAMENT BRACKET
    HARRISON FORD VS BRUCE LEE THE ROCK VS CLINT EASTWOOD MEL GIBSON VS CHUCK NORRIS SEAN CONNERY VS TONY JAA ARNOLD VS TOM CRUISE STEVE AUSTIN VS JASON STATHAM JACKIE CHAN VS STEVEN SEGAL DANIEL CRAIG...
  45. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 9
    Match 9 of the Action Stars Tourny Bolo Yeung vs Dolph Lundgren
  46. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 10
    Match 10 of the Action Stars Tourny Jet Lei vs Bruce Willis
  47. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 11
    Match 11 of the Action Stars Tourny Charles Bronson vs Sylvester Stallone
  48. ROUND 1 OF ACTION STAR TOURNY PART 12
    Match 12 of the Action Stars Tourny Vin Diesel vs Viggo Mortenson
  49. Round 2 of Action Stars Starts Monday
    I'll let the votes roll through the weekend as to let everyone who wants to vote gets a chance. Round 2 starts Monday
  50. Time for MMA Fighters to Once again evolve in this ever evolving sport
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/775345-mma-fighters-should-either-evolve-or-find-a-different-sport Check out the above opinion article defending "lay and pray" type fighters. While i appreciate...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174