General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. MFC's Brian Cobb-Really interesting guy
    Good interview with Brian Cobb who seems like a really nice guy..!! (fighting this friday 10th june against Drew Ficket) AMMA: Now I know you may think we’re all about MMA, but let’s get to what’s...
  2. Kenny Florian: Supermodel & Superfighter
    Video
  3. Strikeforce female champ Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos power bombs Tito Ortiz in training (Video)
    Nice little training video with the female Cyborg and Tito Ortiz. LINK
  4. Tyron Woodley vs Paul Daley for the Vacant SF WW title?
    I think this absolutely positively needs to happen if Zuffa has any brain at all. Woodley is 30 now and is not getting any younger. I think it's now or never, and it's a good style match up for him....
  5. Strikeforce: Dallas weigh-ins?
    Anyone heard what time and where the weigh-ins will be? I can't find anything that says. I e-mailed both UFC and Strikeforce and have gotten no response. I just e-mailed InsideMMA this morning since...
  6. Shane Carwin...Photoshopped.
    ORIGINAL Let's see what you can do, folks! I'll post some of the better ones from The Underground.
  7. Rabi's MMA Playground Season 6 (New Players welcome up to June 25, UFC on Versus 4)
    Rabi's MMA Playground Champions Season 1 Tuvok500 Season 2 Tuvok500 Season 3 Basshandsome Season 4 Basshandsome Season 5 Tuvok500 Here are links to previous Seasons: Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season...
    Pages: 2 3
  8. Cain's Fathead....why so lame?
    Cain's Fathead poster That's pretty lame for such a badass.
  9. Shane Carwin Post Fight Blog
    I am back home now and wanted to post this blog and give everyone an update. Heading into the fight with Junior I knew that I was up against one of the best strikers in the division if not in MMA....
  10. Alistair Overeem vs Fabricio Werdum who wins?
    Who wins Playground? Randy Couture's prediction below. LINK
  11. Boxing Personalities Talk UFC 131 Striking Technique
    UFC 131 saw some solid displays of striking take place in the Octagon, but some of the reaction left me wondering what some boxing personalities would think of the punches thrown during the event....
  12. Once I Was a Champion, the documentary about the life of Evan Tanner, being screened at the LA film Festival this week
    Once I Was a Champion, the documentary about the life of Evan Tanner, is being screened at the LA film Festival this week. The film was directed by Gerard Roxburgh , and produced by TapouT Films...
  13. How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Mixed Martial Arts on Twitter for the 3rd Week of June
    Some interesting tweets this week. CHAEL SONNEN STILL CALLING OUT BRAZILIANS "I'm amused by the threats, meus amigos. If you are really so brave, ride your little scooters over here and say it to my...
  14. Frank Mir: I would bet on Cain Velasquez against anyone in the heavyweight division
    And that includes Junior dos Santos, who he's "not completely sold on" just yet. Admittedly, that's without seeing "Cigano's" recent shellacking of Shane Carwin at the UFC 131 event this past June...
  15. Arianny Celeste's Bud Light Lime Commercial
    You're welcome. LINK
  16. SF GP predictions
    What are your prections for the SF GP? I've got the following. 1. Overeem vs Werdum: Overeem 1st round via KO by knee 2. Barnett vs Rogers: Barnett 2nd round via tko by GnP in the full mount 3. Noons...
  17. UFC Quick Quote: British grapplers are babies
    MMA legend, Royce Gracie talks about British grapplers. LINK
  18. 13-2 in one year? Current 5 Fight win streak all finishes.
    Konstantin "Lacplesis" Gluhov 19-6-0 " alt="" /> Does anybody know much about this guy?
  19. Fedor vs Henderson Trailer WATCH!
    This is my first trailer I have ever made for MMA. It's Fedor vs Henderson and I was wondering what you guys think. I didn't have a lot of videos to work with and the quality is ok. I wish I could of...
  20. interesting article on overeem
    This is a very polarizing article and I can tell that it's going to lead to some great discussions and debates. I, for one, totally agree with the author but I think that will put me in the minority....
  21. UFC Live 5
    i was jus wonderin if anybody else was gon go to this event?..and a question to those that have been to one..how good are the seats rite above the entrance?..
  22. So how would Antonio Bigfoot Silva do against the ufc HW Elite?
    I really like bigfoot and i was just curious 2 see how the playground thinks he would fare in the ufc. I would take Cain and Jds over him 4 sure, but other than that im not 2 sure. I think bigfoot...
  23. BJJ Lineage Tree
    This is pretty cool, so I thought I'd share BJJ Tree
  24. UK MMA Stars On The Rise
    A really interesting article about 5 promising UK fighters that have not long turned proffesional..!! UK MMA FIGHTERS ON THE RISE
  25. Anybody else think Almedia was robbed last night in the prelims?
    This is whats wrong with MMA scoring. Almedia attempted no less then 5 submissions in the 1st round alone and the submission he had the boy from philly in for about 2 minutes. Same with the 3rd...
  26. how do you shut Gus Johnson up?
    take his mic away. Bravo Josh, Bravo.
  27. Fedor vs Henderson or UFC 133
    Over the summer I'm going to my first MMA event. My options are Fedor vs Henderson or UFC 133. Now UFC 133 is a pretty solid card but I'm leaning towards Fedor vs Henderson. I would love to see Fedor...
  28. About the Unified Rules of MMA......
    So I saw the post about the DQ being turned into a NC in the John Ott-Jake Rosholt fight. I heard Ott sold the illegal blow. If that's the case, NC was the right call. But if not.... I am pretty much...
  29. Melvin Manhoef's 9-year old son amateur kickboxing vid...
    Sign him up for wrestling, Mel! LINK
  30. FLEEK'S FANTASY DRAFT (with a twist)
    I'm now accepting sign-ups for the next Fantasy Draft. The concept isn't new, by any means, but it has been tweaked slightly. Sign up now! DRAFT ORDER...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6
  31. Cracked.com's "6 Most Amazing Taunts in MMA"
    Linkage Pretty hilarious list. although I would've swapped 1 and 2 around.
  32. New Fantasy Draft
    Taking sign ups for a new fantasy draft. This is the first one I have started, but i have took part in a few here in the playground. Rules 1 Sign ups limited to 10 people (regular posters only, i...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
  33. Bellator 46 was sick!
    Anybody else catch it? I got a download link if you want it pm me I don't know if I'm allowed to post them or not, it's not promoting nothing just sends you straight to a file site(fileserve), was a...
  34. King of KO's. Side game for easy props
    I'm going to post up a description of a knockout, the person to name the victim and the victor AND post up a GIF or picture from the knockout recieves a prop. I aim to run this for quite a while some...
    Pages: 2
  35. Oliveira's knee: Intentional or not?
    Did he throw that on purpose or not? I say **** yeah he threw that on purpose. He was throwing those knees for the whole fight, that was clearly a part of his game. He was very successful in round...
  36. Avatar bet for this weekends fights?
    Looking for anyone interested in an Avatar Bet for this weekends fights. Anyone interested, i am open to talks about which fights and such.
  37. Fantasy Draft - One more person
    We need one more person for our fantasy draft being ran by hashyandy4. We have 9, looking for our 10th.
  38. Pro Elite Targeting August for Return
    Pro Elite Targeting August for Return; T. Jay Thompson & Rich Chou on Board as Executives From the ashes a new promotion will rise. Pro Elite, the parent company that once housed the promotion Elite...
  39. ESPN MMA Rankings
    As I was reading in the mma section of espn, i came across their rankings. Not sure if anyone NEEDS another rankings list to go by & debate, I'm just glad the worldwide leader in sports is stepping...
  40. P4P MMA GP
    Round 1 Zuluzhino vs Giant Silva Tank Abbot vs Butterbean Herschel Walker vs Ray Mercer James Toney vs Kimbo Slice Let's hear your predictions
  41. Midwest Playgrounders- We've got a suite set aside for Strikeforce: Fedor vs Henderson
    If anyone is interested I've purchased a luxury suite at the Sear Centre for July 30th Strikeforce: Fedor vs Henderson. As of right now there is a group of eight people in the suite which includes...
  42. The glass chin myth
    I asked my boxing trainer about having a glass jaw and he said that it is a myth. He said its all about beck strength, determination, blocking and rolling with punches, and balance.. He gave me the...
  43. Kimbo Slice- any chance as pro boxer?
    So Kimbo Slice aka Kevin Fergusen is planning on fighting Aug 13th. We've all seen the videos and that he certainly can punch.. but its really not a boxing styled approach. He just charges in there...
  44. MMA reminiscing/ Do you remember when?
    I don't think this has been done before so here we go. In this thread we discuss big events from MMA's yesteryear. Here's a few to start: Do you remember when Meathead was a psychopath and many mma...
  45. Strikeforce champ Dan Henderson's heavyweight plan: 206.1 pounds
    Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson (27-8 MMA, 2-1 SF) has long been a dual-division contender. But the former PRIDE middleweight and welterweight champion is taking on a different...
  46. LHW Rankings
    So after seeing sherdogs newest rankings for 205, im interested 2 see what the playground thinks about them. 1 Jon Jones 2 Shogun Rua 3 Rashad Evans 4 Rampage Jackson 5 Lyoto Machida 6 Forrest...
  47. The Okami campaign has officially began.
    I know the majority of you believe Yushin Okami has very little chance against Anderson Silva and with that in mind, I feel compel to wage the Okami campaign. Okami has redefined his tactics, his...
    Pages: 2
  48. Spinning Back Fist
    Who seen the SPINNING BACK FIST from last night's M1........... AMAZING
  49. Bobby lashley vs Eddie Sanchez @ Titan FC 19 (Poll)
    By Anton Tabuena of Bloody Elbow Original Source http://sbn.to/ok6r1u "HDNet officials have announced that Titan FC 19 will be headlined by a bout between former WWE star, Bobby Lashley, and UFC...
  50. Your Most Hyped Fight?
    Which fight (since you have started watching MMA) do you think had the most hype around it? My Top 5 are: (Since UFC 73 thats when I started watching MMA) 5. Jones vs Shogun 4. Anderson Silva vs...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174