General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. The East Coast Pitbulls Fantasy Draft UFC Style Vote 3
    Overall Table Southside11 11 TheBudCan 9 TheAngelOfDeath 7 Malaussie 5 Rabi 5 After 2 rds Southside11 has a 2 pt lead over TheBudCan, the next rd is 2 Prelims live on Spike. Here goes: 1....
  2. Who's on your Mt. Rushmore for mma?
    Mine would have 2 be Fedor, Royce, Randy, and Anderson. Honorable Mention: Chuck, Matt hughes, GSP, Shogun, BJ, Bas, dana white what would your Mount Rushmore look like?
  3. The East Coast Pitbulls Fantasy UFC style Draft Vote 4
    Overall Table Southside11 18 TheBudCan 14 TheAngelOfDeath 12 Rabi 12 Malaussie 8 Southside11 has increased his lead to 4 pts, its now time to for everyones first 3 fights on the main card.: 1....
  4. Top 3 headkick KO's ever
    No wrong answer 4 this one, and always sparks a good debate mine: 1 anderson silva vs vitor belfort 2 gabe gonzaga vs mirko cro cop 3 mirko cro cop vs wanderlei silva honorable mention: lyoto vs...
  5. 'Fighting Words' with Mike Straka video featuring UFC fighter Rich Franklin
    Here you go guys. I'm a huge fan of Franklin and I've never routed against him ever in a fight so I personally enjoyed this. We had a thread about the Mount Rushmore of mma and Franklin's name didn't...
  6. Bryan Baker knocks out Joe Riggs then proposes to girlfriend at Bellator 43 (Video)
    Impressive knockout from Baker. And his new fiancee is pretty hot, good for him. LINK
  7. Jay Hieron wins Bellator Welterweight tournament
    Jay Hieron won the Bellator season 4 Welterweight tournament last night by defeating Rick Hawn. I found the decision kind of controversial as I thought Hawn won the fight. Jay definitely won the...
  8. The East Coast Pitbulls Fantasy Draft UFC style Vote 5
    Overall Table Southside11 23 TheBudCan 20 Rabi 19 TheAngelOfDeath 16 Malaussie 16 With 2 rds of voting left, Southside11 has a 3 pt lead over TheBudCan. The next rd is everyones Co Main Event: 1....
  9. Comic Books and MMA Don’t Mix? G4's Blair Butler Wants You To Think Again
    While conventional wisdom may think that MMA and comic books might not have much in common, Blair Butler sees it another way. “There’s more crossover than you think,” Butler told MMAWeekly.com. “From...
  10. The East Coast Pitbulls Fantasy Draft UFC Style Vote 6
    Overall Table Southside11 31 TheBudCan 28 Rabi 28 TheAngelOfDeath 22 Malaussie 22 We are now down to the final vote, Southside11 has a 3 pt lead over TheBudCan and Rabi. Here goes: 1. TheAngelOfDeath...
  11. Anthony Pettis vs Gray Maynard was going 2 happen
    Just got done reading this and i guess a few days after frankies injury, pettis was asked 2 fill in and accepted rite away. Then 2 days later gray go's down and showtime is back 2 fighting guida. I...
  12. 'Warrior' MMA Movie Starring Tom Hardy Receives Early Critical Acclaim
    Not a great deal has been written about Warrior by the MMA press thus far. It's possible due to past efforts of bringing MMA to the Silver Screen in the form of Never Back Down, Red Belt and to a...
  13. The 2nd Eliminator Challenge
    Anyone want to play again? Each event pick one winner, if he wins you stay in the competition, if he loses or the fight is ruled a draw/no contest you are eliminated. You may not use the same fighter...
    Pages: 2 3
  14. UFC 130 Picks
    Going over picks for ufc 130 and i thought i would get sum help from u guys Rampage vs Hamill- rampage 2nd rnd tko Mir vs Nelson- Nelson UD Browne vs Struve- Struve tko rnd? Alves vs Story- Alves UD...
  15. Face-Off of the Year Candidate: Felice Herrig vs. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc
    XFO 39 goes down tonight at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, featuring Jeff Curran’s “win or retire” match against Billy Vaughn, Jamie Varner‘s first post-WEC match against Tyler...
  16. MMA'S 20 Worst Beatdowns
    MMA has come a long way. But it hasn't come that far. Few things in sports touch off a powder keg of emotion like an old-fashioned beatdown. It's simultaneously compelling and repelling, frightening...
  17. Just got an email from the UFC magazine editor
    They said that the letter I sent in is under consideration to be put in their next magazine. Sounds pretty sweet to me. Even though it's not a huge deal, I will be bummed if its not in there, haha....
  18. So how would Hector Lombard do against the UFC Middeweights?
    So after lombards performance 2nite,(really boring fight, until sick 3rd rnd ko) it got me thinking how he would do in the UFC. I dont see him with much of a chance against Anderson or Chael, but i...
  19. Hector Lombard tears up another opponent!!
    Even though it took him a bit longer, another opponent of Lombards felt his "power" and went down hard. Even though it wasn't a clean KO it was a definate TKO. I would love to see Hector in the UFC...
  20. BJ Penn vs Jake Shields getting closer to happening
    The more and more i read and talk 2 people this is lookin like a good possibility. Ive also heard that this could take place in rio!! I dont personally see this taking place in rio, but if it did,...
  21. Aoki vs Mckee (or possibly Varner)
    I've heard a couple different reports on Aoki's next opponent being either Antonio McKee or Jamie Varner. I'm pretty sure they've officially settled on McKee, so for the sake of the poll we'll assume...
  22. Shane Nelson replaces Antonio McKee, faces Shinya Aoki at DREAM.17
    MMAjunkie.com today learned from sources close to the event that Nelson (13-5 MMA, 0-0 DREAM) has agreed to replace McKee (25-4-2 MMA, 0-0 DREAM) and face Shinya Aoki (27-5 MMA, 11-2 DREAM) at...
  23. Chael Sonnen Petition
    I just created a petition targeted at the CSAC to reinstate Chael Sonnen's license or reduce the suspension. If you agree please feel free to sign it at...
  24. 10 of the Funniest MMA Videos on YouTube
    The main events of UFC 130 and 131 have left many people feeling a little bummed. Instead of seeing the third war between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard, we are now treated to Quinton Jackson vs Matt...
  25. Ben Askren on Entering The UFC: 'It's Just A Matter of Time'
    Bellator welterweight champion Ben Askren has spent more than half of his young MMA career in the Bellator organization. With five wins in 13 months that includes a tournament win along with a title...
  26. Fantasy Draft
    Time for a new draft, will accept 5 other players than myself. But only names i recognize as posters. Sorries in advance. Stolen from Rabi and nitpicked - We will all take turns in a snake draft to...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7
  27. Favorites and Least Favorites
    With UFC 130 less than a week away, I just wanted to add something to the forums that might waste a small amount of time in what could turn out to be a long week waiting for Saturday night. With that...
  28. The ECP - Trial UFC Tournament's Draft - Tournament 1
    I recently ran a draft in the fight camp, 5 players participated. TheBudCan, Budge, Rabi, AngelOfDeath and myself jjeans We each had to pick 14 fighters. 6 from one weight class. 6 from another...
  29. The ECP - Trial UFC Tournament's Draft - Tournament 2
    Voting over the scores are closed 5 points - Rabi, Budge, jjeans 2 Points AoD 1 Point to BudCan --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently ran a...
  30. The ECP - Trial UFC Tournament - The Super Fight
    Just like the previous two rounds vote for the superfight you want to see The difference - This time the winner gets 4 points 2nd - 3 points, 3rd 2 points, 4th 1 point. 5th 0 points. This is the big...
  31. The ECP - Trial UFC Tournament - The Result
    Round 1 1st. Budge - 5 points 1st. BudCan - 5 points 1st jjeans - 5 points 4th Rabi - 2 points 4th AoD - 2 points It was a tie break event and the men had already been seperated from the boys, but...
  32. Matt Hamills last name
    Is matts last name really Hammer but Hamill is just the way he pronounces it?
  33. When is the Dream event starting?
    Is the event in a couple hours/now or is it 24 hours from now?
  34. Does Rampage deserve the next title shot?
    I've heard a lot of opinions on this, I just want to see what The Playground thinks.
  35. So what's next for Brian Stann??
    The more i see of Stann the more i like. I think he should fight Wandy if he gets by leben, or the winner of Munoz vs Maia. I honestly could see Stann beating all of those guys. I myself would like 2...
  36. Clay Guida's training regimen revealed!!
    Ever wonder how "The Carpenter" keeps up his relentless pace inside the Octagon? Thanks to TMZ, we now know what gives Clay Guida his edge...
  37. Paul "Semtex" Daley
    Who should paul daley fight next assuming it is for Strikeforce? Paul Daley 27(20KO)-10-2 Paul Daley Will officially be fighting Tyrone Woodley( 8-0-0) on July 30th 2011 on the Fedor vs Henderson...
  38. Omar Henry's potential from boxing to MMA?
    I don't know if their's any threads about this, I just found out today. I'm freakin pumped! He's been training at Ceaser Gracie's for a while now too sparring with Nick and Jake. I found out it...
  39. UFC vet Justin Buchholz wins via Front kick to the JIB!!!
    First it was Silva KOing Vitor, Then Machida crushing Randy, and Now....UFC vet Justin Buchholz vs UFC vet Steve Lopez ending in a crushing front kick KO! Lopez does a great Vitor impression IMO!!??...
  40. Strikeforce June 18
    Any news on any events going on in Dallas before the card on June 18?
  41. Patrick "B**** Slap" Cote
    Weigh-In for Patrick Cote vs. Todd Brown turns nasty when Patrick Cote unleashes a quick b**** slap to Brown after an intense staredown. Video and article in the link. LINK
  42. Judging and People not Agreeing
    OK I hear and read a lot about how judging and scoring and this and that should be changed... Bottom line is this...both fighters in a fight know that if theyre on the bottom in a fight they are...
  43. Dream: Fight for Japan
    You guys see this event? Crazy event! Really good fights. Man do I miss japan MMA! Hopefully it never dies and gets as big as it once was again.
  44. Steve Mazzagatti
    Did anyone else notice the extra, unnecessary shots that Scott Jorgensen delivered to Ken Stone's skull? Mazzagatti could have stepped in after the first shot, Stone's eyes were CLEARLY rolled back...
  45. Top 5 Lay N' Pray fighters in MMA?
    As all of the recent talks on Lay N' Pray have been brought up. How about we rank the Top 5 Lay N' Pray fighters.......
  46. Steven Seagal does it one more time!
    Link Video: Marcelo Garcia Thanks Steven Seagal For Mundials Win!
  47. Frank Shamrock's legacy...
    Do you feel he is a top 25 ATG MMA fighter? I don't know if they make lists like that like they do with boxing since it hasn't been around as long as boxing but their have been a lot of great...
  48. Fantasy Draft Swing Bouts, Please Vote
    The following 6 players all took part in a draft: 1. Rabi 2. Budgelism 3. Pookie 4. JJeans 5. Hashyandy4 6. Emfleek We have all submitted our cards, and the card has been split up into 3 Categories:...
  49. Fantasy Draft Undercards, Please Vote
    The following 6 players all took part in a draft: 1. Rabi 2. Budgelism 3. Pookie 4. JJeans 5. Hashyandy4 6. Emfleek We have all submitted our cards, and the card has been split up into 3 Categories:...
  50. Fantasy Draft Main Card, Please Vote
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174