General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Classiest and Not Classiest fighters?
    Classiest - Rampage Jackson. I met him after his Machida fight, and this man was a class act. Talked to him for about 15 minutes, and he kept saying that Machida won or he wanted a rematch. Not to...
  2. fans deserve a new MMA database
    I have had it up to here with Sherdog's unresponsive website. I don't know why they can't get their [crap] together and maintain a server that doesn't party like it's 1999, but the next site that can...
  3. Bring back penalty cards????
    Pride Fighting had penalty cards (green or yellow). These were started so the fights wouldn't get inactive. They can be given for breaking rules, lack of activity, or not following the ref's...
  4. Who Wins?
    All rite who wins if these guys were 2 fight rite now? shogun rua vs phil davis Can shogun stop those relentless davis takedowns? Can Mr wonderful stand long enough with shogun to get a takedown? Let...
  5. After watching the Diaz/Daley staredown..
    A doubt has found it's way into my head, and I'm not so sure Diaz will still be champion after tomorrow. I don't what it is, but watching the staredown made something click in my head and I'm not...
  6. If u like guys who can flat out strike
    OK were talkin STRICTLY Striking who is the best one in each division of the UFC??? Hw- Junior Dos Santos Lhw- Lyoto Machida? Mw- Anderson Silva Ww- Thiago Alves Lw- Melvin Guillard Fw- Jose Aldo Bw-...
  7. Rumble Johnson to 185?
    It's not official, but from everything and everyone that i've heard from it's only a matter of time. So if and when this happens who does the ufc match him up against? Do they give him someone as...
  8. Never Back Down 2
    I'm watching Fighting Words With Mike Straka right now and Eddie Bravo is the guest this week. He said that Never Back Down 1 was bad and too much like the Fast and the Furious (I think we can all...
  9. KenFlo
    Did anyone else hear Kenny take jardine and daley tonite on mma live? I love kenny and almost always agree with him, but i couldnt disagree more.
  10. Pick the upset.
    Which underdog has the best chance at the upset out of the following? Brendan Schaub over Cain Valesquez Lyoto Machida over Jon Jones Yushin Okami over Anderson Silva Carlos Condit over George St....
  11. Which division vs. division super fight would you rather see?
    Cain Valesquez vs. Jon Jones Anderson Silva vs. George St. Pierre Frankie Edgar vs. Jose Aldo
  12. Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley Discussion
    Just getting the thread set up so The Playground will have somewhere discuss tonight's Strikeforce event. WHOSE READY?!?!? Diaz/Daley should be a war, maybe a possible FOTY candidate.
  13. Bellator 40 Discussion
    This thread can be used to discuss tonight's Bellator event. I'm excited to see Ben Askren fight. One of the more aggressive wrestlers in MMA.
  14. Pick the winners of these matches
    HW Alistair Overeem vs Cain Velasquez - The Reem KO Shane Carwin vs Junior dos Santos - JDS TKO Antonio Silva vs Brock Lesnar - Bigfoot KO Cole Konrad vs Andrei Arlovski - Arlovski SUB Mirko Cro Cop...
  15. Is Funky Ben Askren a top 10 Welterweight?
    So after last nights action i need to update my WW rankings. Before the fights i had Daley at 10 at Ben not in the top 10. Do i make the switch?
  16. Cecil Peoples
    I was watching a video of Melvin Manhoef vs. Dong Sik Yoon at Dynamite!! USA and noticed something. During the fight, Yoon goes for the takedown and pushes Manhoef outside the ring, where an...
  17. Playground's MMA Videos
    Just added in some new full fight videos if any of you guys want to take a look. If any of you are new, just click MMA videos at the top. All are from Youtube's sports section, and they work perfect....
  18. 'The Goat' Thompson has retired from MMA
    I have fought many great fighters, even beating a few along the way. In all those fights, I have never felt as frustrated as I felt tonight. Ben Askren is truly a great wrestler/grappler and I look...
  19. Thiago Alves vs Paul Daley
    Pretty simple if they did fight who ya got? I like Thiago by brutal 2nd round tko. Man this would be a super sick fight.
  20. Team Jardine: Keith won his fight against Gegard
    "I thought Keith won the fight. I thought he won rounds one and two. I know round two was a little closer, but I thought he won the round. I think a lot of people are always influenced by blood....
  21. Fedor vs Hendo... Who Takes It?
    Who do you think wins this fight? If its at HW like I have heard, I think Fedor easily takes it. Fedor is better on the ground and has faster striking. Henderson could get Fedor to the ground but I...
    Pages: 2
  22. Wearing Contacts in MMA?
    Quick question, is it illegal to wear contacts in MMA? I am hoping to compete someday but I wear contacts. Though my vision isn't horrible with them off, I was just wondering what the whole rule is...
  23. UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva Turns 36 Years Old
    LINK
  24. ESPN.Com writes about Joe Warren
    As if competing in multiple tournaments at the highest level of international wrestling wasn't enough, Warren has five mixed martial arts bouts penciled into his calendar, starting with a bout at...
  25. Sonnen says he wanted Rampage at UFC 130!!!!
    Just got done reading this on sherdog. Besides the fact that this fight would make no sense, i just wouldnt want to see it. I think if they fought now, i would take sonnen but if chael had to face...
  26. Rampage Jackson vs Lil Nog
    I know that these 2 wont fight any time soon, but if they did what would happen? At first i thought Page for sure, but now im not so sure. I would love to see this fight, what about u guys?
  27. Marquardt's move to 170
    So lets say that Nate stays at 170. If he gets passed Rumble (which i think he will) Who would be next and how many fights until a title shot? I think 3 straight wins gets him that title shot, and if...
  28. Dream Fights in the UFC
    So were talkin dream fights, but with guys only currently on the UFC roster. HW- Junior Dos Santos vs Shane Carwin: Would love to see this fight, hopefully one day we will. I like JDS 1st or 2nd rnd...
  29. Dream Fights out of the UFC
    Were doin dream fights 2nite, so i need your fights with guys NOT in the UFC. HW- Alistar Overeem vs Antonio Silva: This fight could have the makings of a war, lets hope they both make the Strikforce...
  30. UFC Heavyweight Grand Prix
    If there was one this would be my bracket. 1st round fights: Cain Velasquez vs Roy Nelson Shane Carwin vs Big Nog Brock Lesnar vs Breden Schaub Juinor Dos Santos vs Frank Mir Semi-Finals Cain...
  31. Joe Warren vs. Marcos Galvao Winner (Poll)
    If you watched tonight's Bellator 41 event, who did you have winning the Warren/Galvao fight?
  32. Fatalities: The 10 Greatest Finishing Moves in MMA
    Link I enjoyed this so I thought I would share.
  33. Anderson Silva has nothing on this guy..
    Silva isn't the only one who knows how to land a knockout with a front kick.. Front Kick KO (Youtube)
  34. fight vids!
    just wanted to post 2 vids, from last weekend. both guys train at the same gym as me, and had great showings! and HL style finishes!! Nick "The Savage" Duell fought TUF/WEC veteran Kevin Knabjian for...
  35. Fantasy UFC Style Draft Vote 1 The Unaired Prelims
    The following 6 players all took part in a draft: 1. AchillesHeel 2. DeadHead988 3. Budgellism 4. Rabi 5. gspfan 6. horstmeyer34 We have all submitted a 12 fight card and the card has been split up...
  36. Fantasy UFC Style Draft Vote 1 The Facebook Prelims
    Table Budgellism 6 Rabi 5 AchillesHeel 4 DeadHead988 4 gspfan 2 horstmeyer34 1 The next round is The Facebook Prelims, each player has picked 2 fights to be aired on Facebook, please vote for which...
  37. Fantasy UFC style Draft Vote 3 The Prelims on Spike
    Table Rabi 12 Budgellism 9 DeadHead988 9 gspfan 8 AchillesHeel 7 horstmeyer34 5 Rabi has opened up a 3 pts lead at the top, we now move on to each players 2 selected prelims to air live on Spike....
  38. Fantasy UFC style Draft Vote 4 The Main Card
    Rabi currently has 5 pts, we are now heading on to the 3 fights that will start the PPV part of our cards. Overall Table Rabi 20 Budgellism 15 DeadHead988 15 gspfan 15 horstmeyer34 11 AchillesHeel 10...
  39. Sport Science: Georges St. Pierre's Punching Power - 2859 Lbs of Force
    UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre makes the trek to the Sport Science lab to see if he has what it takes to beat Jake Shields in the Octagon. St. Pierre showed off his stamina and punches...
  40. M-1 Challenge XXV Fight Video: Vinny Magalhaes Wins M-1 Title by Mounted Gogoplata
    Here's a video of Vinny Magalhaes' recent title win in M-1 Global against Viktor Nemkov. LINK
  41. Fantasy Draft UFC style The Co Main Event
    Overall Table Rabi 27 Budgellism 24 gspfan 23 DeadHead988 22 horstmeyer34 18 AchillesHeel 17 We are coming down to the final part of our cards (2 rds left). There is 5 pts between the top 4. We will...
  42. Fantasy Draft UFC style The Main Event
    Overall Table Budgellism 34 Rabi 33 DeadHead988 31 gspfan 29 horstmeyer34 27 AchillesHeel 26 Budgellism completes the comeback and goes into the final round with a 1 pt lead, any if the top 3 could...
  43. bet on these ufc 129 fights now
    these odds are according to betus GSP vs. Shields over 3.5 rds -135 / for 35/ another 35$ at -155 Coture+250 vs. Machida/ for 35$ coture vs. machida- over 2.5 rds -115 for 35$ Henderson vs. Bocek...
  44. Jake Ellenberger vs Rory MacDonald
    I think these two should fight next for sure. I hear people saying hathaway and rory but hathaway lost to pyle so.... Who do u think would win between ellenberger and rory?
  45. GSP vs Nick Diaz
    Why do so many people want to see this fight. Diaz could do NOTHING to GSP. What would he do? He would not be able to get GSP down, GSP is better in the stand up, is more explosive, faster, the list...
  46. Sherdog's MMA Rankings...
    I don't understand why Mark Hominick is not ranked on Sherdog's rankings. It doesn't make sense at all. Anybody get this one?
  47. The East Coast Pitbulls Fantasy Draft UFC Style Vote 1
    I recently ran a draft in the main forum and at the end of the draft I posted different sections of the card and asked people to vote. At the same time I ran the same format draft in my camp. Myself,...
  48. Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
    So after seeing aldo after ufc 129, who do u guys think would win this fight? Even tho jose seemed to gas really fast i actually think he could UD frankie. Maybe even getting a early tko. I luv...
  49. Machida Karate Kid gif
    i saw this and had to share it wit u guys..
  50. The East Coast Pitbulls Fantasy Draft UFC Style Vote 2
    Pts TheBudCan 5 Southside11 5 Malaussie 3 Rabi 2 TheAngelOfDeath 1 TheBudCan and Southside11 take maximum pts, I will now set up the next vote, which is 2 Prelims each live on Facebook. 1....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175