General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Favourite Pride FC event?
    I know this is a question that has probably been asked before on here but I'm relatively new to the forums so I just wanted to know what you guys think. In the last month or so I've taken the time to...
  2. Mark Bocek Appreciation Thread
    NEXT VICTIM: Benson Henderson
  3. Urijah Faber gives the Korean Zombie an English Lesson
    I laughed my ass off. Link
  4. ESPN Announces Inaugural MMA Rankings
    ESPN has ranked the top 10 fighters in the world regardless of weight class. The voting panel for these rankings consists of ESPN.com writers Josh Gross, Franklin McNeil and Brett Okamoto, MMA Live...
  5. Remembering Mask: The two year anniversary of Charles Lewis' death
    "He always knew the right thing to say. When he told you things were going to be okay, that we'd make something happen, it was settling. You believed things really were going to be okay. He read a...
  6. Who do you want Royce Gracie to fight in Rio?
    Lots of rumors lately about Royce Gracie possibly returning to the UFC in Brazil for a retirement fight, and he rightfully should. Gracie reinvented the UFC and how MMA is taugh and fought, and to...
  7. If the following fought in MMA..
    Just something fun and original. If the following super-heroes fought in the cage, hand-to-hand combat only, who do you think would win? Heavyweight: The Hulk vs. The Thing Light Heavyweight:...
  8. I guess watching MMA does come in handy..
    Random guy at a fast food resturaunt starts getting upset because his order isn't coming fast enough, and starts to yell at random customers. Well, apparently one guy watches some UFC over the...
  9. With the purchase of strikefore, did the UFC just add Fedor to their roster?
    Just wondering if the UFC now owns the rights to Fedor, since he was signed under contract with Strikeforce is he now under contract with the UFC.
  10. If you were in a bar fight.. (Two questions)
    Alright guys, two questions.. Question #1: If you were in a bar fight, which fighter from the poll would you rather have covering your back? Question #2: If you were in a bar fight, and you could...
  11. B.J. Penn/ Nick Diaz
    So on other web sites I'm seeing a bunch of merging talk about Nick and GSP. Nick and St Pierre are my number one and two favorite fighters and i honestly think GSP would win that with no problem. I...
  12. Melendez vs. Kawajiri title fight still a go for "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley"
    "Although the past week's earthquake in Japan initially cast doubt on the fight, a championship bout between lightweight titleholder Gilbert Melendez (18-2 MMA, 8-1 SF) and Tatsuya Kawajiri (27-6-2...
  13. If there was an end all be all street fight with only MMA fighters...3 questions
    Question 1. If there was a giant street fight with every MMA fighter in the world, past and present, Street fight to the death, Who Would Win? Question 2. In this fight, what fighter from what...
  14. UFC vs Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix
    They should do it and all the matches in the first round be opposing fighters Brock Lesnar vs Bigfoot Silva Shane Carwin vs Brett Rogers Cain Velasquez vs Allistair Overeem Junior Dos Santos vs Fedor...
  15. Origin on how I found this forum. Funny story.
    Well, around the time of UFC 126, I was going on UFC Fantasy to make my picks. When I found out the site closed it. I then googled why it was shut down. No answers, until I saw someone on WikiAnswers...
  16. Jon Fitch Has Landed More Strikes Than Any Other UFC Fighter in History, and Other Bizarre Facts
    Aside from being the decisionest decisioner who ever decisioned, UFC welterweight contender Jon Fitch also holds the record for the most total strikes landed in the Octagon — a staggering 1973,...
  17. Team 1 vs Team 2
    If you were at a club and there were a group of fighters wanting to fight the other team of fighters who would u bet on ?
  18. Looking for a video clip...
    I am looking for a video clip or a highlight video of the best pride soccer kicks and knees on the ground. Has anyone made one or know of a good one. Props to any help.
  19. Junior dos Santos - Showtime Kick
    Head's up Brock... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cjonKYWZmA
  20. Fantasy UFC (New season starts at UFN 24)
    Before each UFC event everyone pick a team of fighters who are fighting on that card. 1 from each weight class. the fighters will qualify for the weight class that they are fighting at that event....
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7
  21. War Don Frye
    I was just watching Pride 21 (re-watching all of the Pride events) and I thought I'd post the main event fight for the Playground to enjoy. I'm sure most of you have seen it once before but for those...
  22. What do we as fans find to be the most collective autographs
    I've really been considered starting an autograph collection. but what would be considered the most collective/valuable items to autograph??? i really started considering this because the way Jon...
  23. Fan Thinks Phil Davis Is Jon Jones
    I gotta a good laugh outta this one, good to see Phil run with it... http://www.mmatko.com/fan-thinks-phil-davis-is-jon-jones/
  24. Why all the Fedor Hate?
    Recently I have been looking at some posts on MMA Playground and Sherdog and a lot of people have been bashing Fedor. They have been saying he was never that good and he has never fought anyone. I...
  25. MMA Riddle Game- Winner gets Props
    So I remember having these types of games on the forums and they would always be fun. I'm going to post a riddle about a fighter and if someone gets it right, they get a prop and get to make up the...
    Pages: 2 3 4
  26. Bellator produces yet another Inadverted Triangle Choke!
    Video This time at LHW, amazing.
  27. Ok,I know this has been brought up in the past but I have to bring it up again
    I love Joe Rogan (but not in a warm,fuzzy,feeling,kinda way) Yet it drives me crazy to no end when their seems to be a complete favortisim for particular fighters. The absolute worst was the Akihiro...
  28. some "player trades" for the UFC and Strikeforce, now that they're semi-partners
    In American sports, clubs sometimes trade players in an effort by both sides to strengthen their team. So, just for fun, I was thinking about some “player trades” for the UFC and Strikeforce to make....
  29. I have a question...
    Any Pro or Amatuer mma fighters here? Just would to know & to say, RESPECT.
  30. POLL: Who are the best brothers of MMA?
    There are so many good brothers to choose from. I can think of just off the top of my head, The Nogueira Brothers, Diaz Brothers, Guida Brothers, Miller Brothers, Shamrock Brothers, Rua Brothers,...
  31. Least Favorite
    I just thought that since we can pick our own top pound-for-pound fighters and the rankings for each division, that there should be a "least favorite fighter" list that we could make. I think a lot...
  32. Who's the best lock for Diaz vs Daley main card?
    Hey guys, I'm going to enter a suicide contest, this is round 1 but I have to pick a lock winner out of these 8 guys. Nick Diaz (24-7-0, 1 NC Paul Daley (27-9-2) Gilbert Melendez (18-2-0) Tatsuya...
  33. Favorite MMA site?
    Just curious as to which site you guys like best for news updates. Well, besides the Playground, of course! I personally enjoy MMAJunkie and BloodyElbow for the latest and quickest news. CagePotato...
  34. Geek Fight Club
    I'm not sure what to make of this. It's real, it's goofy, it's nerdy, I sort-of understand where they're coming from, it's like the movie, but it's not... Geek Fight Club via MiddleEasy
  35. Strikeforce Challengers on in the UK
    This event is happening on Friday night and will be aired in the UK on Saturday night for free on Primetime, ch480 on Sky, just wanted to let all the UK site members know about it.
  36. In your opinion which division is the deepest?
    In your opinion outside of ZUFFA which division do you think is the deepest? Personally I feel it is the middleweight division, due too the sheer size of the division, please don't just say a...
  37. Bellator 39 and Strikeforce Challengers 14 Predictions
    Since these events aren't going to be in the secondary league, I figured I'd give some predictions. I'd like to see what people think about these cards aswell. Bellator 39 Eddie Alvarez vs Pat...
  38. Gilbert Melendez: "I Guarantee..."
    "(With UFC buying Strikeforce) now it seems like I might be fighting for a UFC title sooner than I thought. I'm in it to win it. I want to be the number one fighter in the world and I'm trying to...
  39. LMAO!!!!!!
    GREAT must watch!! LINK
  40. Fantasy UFC style draft
    Its been a couple of months since the last draft so I thought I would set up a new one. This is a concept I have come up with myself, for it to work I will need 6 players ( me + 5 more). We will all...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
  41. MMAPG Ranking Hurt and Heal P4P
    We did these a while ago and I thought they were fun so Ive decided to set up some more. I will use the 13 fighters from each catergory in the MMAPG Rankings. There is a slight change though. Every...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5
  42. MMAPG Ranking Hurt and Heal HW
    We did these a while ago and I thought they were fun so Ive decided to set up some more. I will use the 13 fighters from each catergory in the MMAPG Rankings. There is a slight change though. Every...
    Pages: 2
  43. MMAPG Ranking Hurt and Heal LHW
  44. MMAPG Ranking Hurt and Heal MW
  45. MMAPG Ranking Hurt and Heal WW
  46. MMAPG Ranking Hurt and Heal LW
  47. MMAPG Ranking Hurt and Heal Favourites
  48. Friere flying knee
    Link
  49. ATTENTION:
    A good card this weekend & it is relevant to MY interests. My hometown fighter is stepping up in competition. Josh Hinkle (8-2) from StandAloneMMA & Team Fury, is fighting Rich Clementi (39-18-1) at...
  50. Jon Jones and 15 Fighters Under 28 Who Will Carry the Future of MMA
    The sport of MMA is growing at a rapidly fast pace, and we're still seeing it grow 17 years after the premier organization started in 1993. It has exceeded in prominence throughout the world and has...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175