General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Fantasy Draft Rd 1 Match 3: Franklinfan47 v Pookie
    The third match is now here, there 2 players were given MW and WW as there 2 weights. Good luck to both. Here goes FranklinFan47 FF47 170-185 pd World Grand Prix Preliminary Round: Grappler's quest:...
  2. Once I was a Champion
    The trailer for Once I was a Champion is up. It's a documentary about life of Evan Tanner.
  3. SF Fedor vs. Silva Weigh-Ins Results
    Results from earlier today: 2 prelim fighters missed weight, one fight was accepted while the other fighter had to lose a few ounces. All Heavyweight GP fighters made weight. Main card: Fedor...
  4. Strikeforce to announce return of Gina Carano
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/12/strikeforce-to-announce-return-of-gina-carano/ Big news. Carano is back. Wonder if the layoff will affect her.
  5. Fedor got a beatdown!!
    I kinda hate to say it but Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva just pummeled Fedor. The Doctors stopped it after the 2nd rnd. When Fedor's eyes was damn near swollen shut. After 2 straight losses, I have a ? for...
  6. where does strikeforce stand?
    Where do you see strikeforce headed in the next year? with the potential loss of their biggest name, and 2 extremely mediocre events in a row do you see strkieforce hanging around? I know they have...
  7. Fantasy Draft Rd1 Match 4: gspfan v Rabi
    The chosen weight classes here were WW and LW. gspfan R1: Nick Diaz? vs Thiago Alves Carlos Condit vs Josh Koscheck Matt Hughes vs Tyron Woodley Paul Daley? vs Brian Foster Ben Saunders vs Anthony...
  8. Why Fedor is Great
    I hear a lot of fans make comments of Fedor never really being that great. So I am compiling a brief history of why Fedor is considered the GOAT. This is for the fella's who game late to the game....
  9. Doctor: Andrei Arlovski Should Not Be Medically Cleared to Fight Again
    Lost in the talk of Fedor Emelianenko's first ass-kicking is the possibility that we might have seen another great champion fight his last fight on Saturday night at Strikeforce: Fedor vs Silva....
  10. Fantasy Draft Rd 1 Match 5: bmaker v Hendo67
    The final match before the final, the weightclasses here were FW and BW. bmaker Round 1 L.C. Davis (5'8'', 146 lb) vs Diego Nunes (5'6'', 146 lb) Mark Hominick? (5'8'', 145 lb) vs Hiroyuki Takaya...
  11. Doctor: Andrei Arlovski Should Not Be Medically Cleared to Fight Again
    Lost in the talk of Fedor Emelianenko's first ass-kicking is the possibility that we might have seen another great champion fight his last fight on Saturday night at Strikeforce: Fedor vs Silva....
  12. Once I was a champion
    This Documentary on Evan Tanner looks pretty good. Chael rips Evan Tanner... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufCwtz-vjIg
  13. Fedor at 205?
    I was just thinking, and I know it will more than likely never happen, but the guy weighs like 230, i can't see it being that hard for him to make the cut. I know he has his HW legacy and all that...
  14. The Tale of Count Bisping
    Jorge's latest...these are cracking me up Video
  15. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix: The Final
    We are down to our last 5 players. Here are all the finalists. 1. Achillesheel Brazil vs. USA Open-Weight Grand Prix The Opening Round... Match #1: Anderson Silva (27-4, 6' 2") vs. Matt “Meathead”...
  16. Free MMA Alert: Tachi Palace Fights 8 Streams Live This Friday
    Junkie will be streaming the 11-fight event live for FREE this Friday at 8:30 PM ET. Not a ton of name talent on the card but there are at least 2 or 3 former UFC fighters and 2 title matches...
  17. Bellator/MTV 2 question
    I know that Bellator will be aired in the States on MTV 2, does any one know if we will be able to view this on the same channel in the UK?
  18. Fedor at LHW
    What if Strikeforce were to put Fedor at LHW? I think he would be great at LHW. He could easily cut to it and I think Strikeforce should put him at LHW.
  19. Bellator Champs in Non-Title Fights
    I've been noticing over the past few weeks multiple announcements about Bellator Champions competing, in Bellator, in non-title fights. Anyone know why? I believe these matches are in their...
  20. Fedor Coach Blames Hidden Psychics for Loss to Bigfoot
    Fedor Emelianenko’s coach Vladimir Voronov has presented an interesting theory for his fighter’s loss to Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva on Saturday night. Psychics. “We believe that forbidden psychological...
  21. ‘Bigfoot’ Silva’s Management Respond to Fedor’s Trainer’s Claims of Use of Illegal Mind Control
    When a story came out today by a Russian news site quoting Fedor Emelianenko’s coach Vladimir Voronov blaming “The Last Emperor’s” loss to Antonio Silva on illegal psychological control maneuver’s...
  22. What is Anderson SIlva's Best Finish ever? You choose!
    I was gonna post a poll for this, but they only allow 6 choices for it, and It's hard to narrow it down to his 6 best... Hopefully this makes up for the lack of a poll.... Pride 25 v. Carlos Newton...
  23. UFC 127 held on a Sunday?
    Did anyone else notice that when making the fantasy picks it says that UFC 127 is to be held february 27 which is on a sunday? Curious as to why it says this.
  24. Does anyone else think more weight divisions is a bad idea?
    I'm just stating my opinion about the weight classes in the UFC which now has 7 weight categorys. I am all for these 7 weight categorys and if the UFC did decide to put in even lighter divisions I...
  25. My 135 fight
    this is my fight, i won. im kenny, i have the red gloves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHsKkoSyrfo
  26. Pick the winners of these 4 fights
    Gerald Harris Vs Dennis Kang Drew McFedfries Vs David Loiseau Thailes Leites Vs Jesse Taylor Nick Ring Vs Patrick Cote TUF style, 2 rounds in the result of a draw they go to a third You can be...
  27. Pick the winners of the Next 4 fights Welterweight
    I am basically doing a season 14 of TUF, anyone who answers all the questions up to the final will be given props, its as easy as that Jess Liauden Vs Tamdem McCroy Pete Sell Vs Rory Markham Karo...
  28. TUF 12 alum Sako Chivitchian joins TheLiveLine
    TUF 12 fighter, Sako Chivitchian, has recently joined up with TheLiveLine and will be recording audio blogs to update fans as to what he is doing. He Just recorded his first audio blog that you can...
  29. Jason Frank Still Has Some Power Ranger In Him
    And apparently he doesn't need the Green Ranger suit to unload on some poor unsuspecting Puttys. Anyway...came across this on CP via MiddleEasy... I was going to title this article 'Green Power...
  30. BAMMA - Daley/Shirai, Ricco/McSweeney
    The event is Sunday afternoon 4EST/1PST. Just a heads up for those who want to watch it, if you go to www.bamma.net they are letting you watch the card for only $5. I'll be getting it, as I think if...
  31. Hotrod's review of UFC 127 and Hooters
    So, some of you know that I went to Hooters to watch the fights. I feel like I should give a review of the fights and the overall atmosphere of the place. I went to the Hooters in San Jose California...
  32. Did anyone else notice...
    that Krzysztof's doppelganger reffed the Mark Hunt fight last night?
  33. Finished 2nd in my Judo Tourney!!!
    Well yesterday was my first experiance in any type of tournament and I ended up finishing 2nd in the +100kg division which I am very happy with considering my natural weight is well below the 100kg....
  34. Rutten or Sukuraba?
    I've been watching old mma fights from the days of Rutten and Sakuraba lately and I've been wondering what would happen if they fought? So here's my question. Who wins in their prime? Rutten or...
  35. Your top 5 MMA moments.
    5: The fabled Buffer 360! It was rumoured. Buffer downplayed it. Then UFC 100 hit and my world changed forever! 4: Guida vs Sanchez! That fight was amazing! 3: Don Frye commentating for Shark fights!...
  36. MMA listing of the 'Finishers' and how where they rank.
    Found an article on sherdog, about Fighters in MMA getting the reputation of being a finisher No fighter with less then 15 fights will be considered. This is just the facts. No opinions offered. No...
  37. Anthony Lapsley vs Jay Hieron
    tough fight to call. who takes it? Hieron's never been sub'd... Jay via UD
  38. STRIKEFORCE : HENDO vs FEIJAO/Bellator 35 combo card-best 10 fights only
    Tough set of fights to call... who ya got? Dan Henderson vs Rafael Feijao Tim Kennedy vs Melvin "Marvelous" Manhoef Billy Evangelista vs Jorge "GameBred" Masvidal Anthony Lapsley vs Jay Hieron Jim...
  39. Cavalcante, Santiago and Villefort brothers booted from ATT?
    That's the rumor on the Underground. LINK
  40. 7 Year old Wrestler Demolishes Opponents.
    Video Someones Dad watches a lot of MMA.
  41. Did the world tip off axis or something tonight???
    Or maybe it was just a typo. I read that Gurgel actually decided to submit someone for once.
  42. A Fight We Never Got to See
    One of the matches that should have happened but never did was Dan Henderson v Chuck Liddell. Hendo's latest right hand KO has me thinking what we missed. What are your thoughts? Who would win and...
  43. Call these 4 fights
    I am basically doing a season 14 of TUF, anyone who answers all the questions up to the final will be given props, its as easy as that Tamdem McCroy Vs Ben Saunders Rory Markham Vs Brock Larson...
  44. Does Hendo's win boost his ranking at 205 or weaken Strikeforces LHW devision?
    I've just rewatched last nights Strikeforce with my Dad and he made a seriously good point. Last night I was pumped when Hendo unleashed his trademarked overhand right and nearly killed Cavalcante. I...
  45. Live event and the guy behind you!!!!!
    Ok I don't mean to sound like a stuck up know it all but there is nothing worse then sitting at a live event and the moron just behind thinks you he knows what hes talking about. Case in point I had...
  46. Terrible MMA Judging
    In the span of about a week, I have seen what I thought to be many terrible calls in MMA. I wanted to see how everyone else felt. Let me go over which fights I am referring to - Nick Ring-Riki Fukuda...
  47. Bloody Elbow and Fightmetric's Reach Data Challenge
    I did not have a SB Nation profile until just a few minutes ago, and it won't let me post my findings until 1am EST tomorrow, so i thought i would post my findings here. I put the spreadsheet they...
  48. Joe Rogan Teaches GSP the spinning back kick *VID*
    Youtube LINK Holy Crap guys, GSP said Joe has the best spinning back kick he has seen, So I found this video... Guess what, He was right!
  49. Rule change I would like to happen
    I would like to see the UFC use the old Pancrase rules instead of the unified MMA rules.
  50. MMA Fighter JULIE KEDZIE joins TheLiveLine
    MMA Fighter Julie "Fireball" Kedzie (15-8-0) has joined TheLiveLine and will be issuing audio blog updates regarding her upcoming fight for the Jackson MMA Series 4. Julie is originally from Indiana...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175