General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. President Obama "Not Worried About In Response To Being Called Out After UFC 125
    Two days after being the target of a UFC fighter's post-fight callout, President Barack Obama remains unfazed. Obama vs Jacob Volkmann
  2. What If the UFC Held a Heavyweight Tournament?
    With the current buzz surrounding the recently announced Strikeforce 2011 heavyweight grand prix, we figured we'd take a look at what kind of tournament the UFC could put on if they were so inclined....
  3. Fedor - Fall of an Emperor
    This will be my first input here but i hope it wont be my last. Ive just finished a youtube video that is about Fedor Emelianenko.In i i try to back him up against all the smack talk that has been...
  4. Showtime is free, 7 Jan-10 Jan: Strikeforce Challengers 13
    Just a reminder (or news, if you didn't already know) that the Showtime channel is having a "free preview weekend" this Friday. Along with the rest of their programming, this will mean we can watch...
  5. new highlight: Jens "Lil' Evil" Pulver
    my vid honoring the 1st UFC Lightweight champion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALpFAT2HSQ
  6. Brutal toe injury at BJJ training(vid)
    Saw this on Cagepotato and had to post it here. This is a nasty injury. The guy looks to be a white belt and didnt tap to a sort of toe hold or somthing.....just check it out here................
  7. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix
    Its been a while since we had a draft game so i thought I would set up the first one for 2011 and hopefully get enough people to make it work. Here is how it will work, I need 12 players ( including...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
  8. Style Showdown
    This is just a what if thread.. Who would you choose to win out of the listed fighters based only on the style listed, if size didn't matter and they fought only with their current skill level in...
  9. Interesting Boxing Forum Debate on MMA
    This is a thread I discovered, originally posted in 2006, concerning the greatness of Fedor at the time. While the debate with this is interesting, what really stands out about this thread is the...
  10. Jordan Breen to smart for your average mma fan?
    Do you think Jordan Breen vocab is to smart for your average mma fan. Does Breens vocab bring a more intelligent image to mma, Or does he do it to just make everyone else look dumb. Clearly Jordan...
  11. The Murphy's law of MMA
    Whenever there is a highly anticipated fight between two fighters, and one of the fighters have to win one more "lock" in order for the fight to happen, he will lose it, causing the highly...
  12. Brazil Mudslide News From MMA Manager Alex Davis
    Mania posted this press release a short time ago from a MMA manager on scene where mudslides have ravaged parts of Brazil, the area is home to a few fighters (most notably Edson Barboza). It's really...
  13. Kimbo Slice Now To Try Wrestling
    I guess it was coming. Former Elite XC and UFC star Kimbo Slice is heading to pro wrestling. Slice will debut on February 5th for the IGF promotion in Fukuoka, Japan. He will face Shinichi Suzukawa,...
  14. Ask the Cage Counsel: Can post-fight sucker-punches result in criminal charges?
    The announcement about our new "Ask the Cage Counsel" feature elicited a variety of suggested topics. However, MMAjunkie.com readers "hcjarric" and "Caranos_a_babe" specifically asked about a...
  15. Jon Fitch: Shock Knife Training
    Military Combative Program...Shock Knife Training....Pretty interesting I thought http://www.mmatko.com/jon-fitch-and-dave-camarillo-gets-in-a-knife-fight/#more-14710
  16. highlight: "The New York Bad Ass" Phil Baroni
    gone from the UFC, but never forgotten.... the best ever! tribute: "The New York Bad Ass" Phil Baroni
  17. SIMPLE POLL - BJ or Fitch...
    I am giddy with anticipation my fav fighter and one of my top 5 Fav fighters.... I am going on record to say that BJ will win with superior striking and submissions-
  18. Is Secondary going to die? Nobody does picks!!
    Ok I gotta ASK this. Does anyone even care about Secondary league now that WEC is done? Final event last season was a mess because we didn't have over 600 total picks on any fight, and the last event...
  19. Legends FC 4
    Anyone gonna watch this? I'm curious enough that I think I'm gonna plunk down the $30 to check it out.
  20. Pulver Ends 6-Fight Skid with Submission at XFO 38
    link WOODSTOCK, Ill -- Jens Pulver isn’t ready to hang up his gloves just yet. The former UFC lightweight champion survived a whirlwind start to his XFO 38 featherweight main event bout at Woodstock...
  21. UFC Ultimate Submissions theme song
    Does anyone know who does the UFC Ultimate Submissions opening music theme? Thanks And one more thing, what you choose to call hell, he calls home. - Colonel Trautman
  22. Rabi's MMA Playground Season 5 ( New players welcome deadline Friday 4 February - UFC 126)
    I am looking to set up Season 5. All players that are active and are already in the league will automatically continued in to the new season in the Div selected depending on last seasons results. I...
    Pages: 2
  23. MMA Eliminator Challenge
    A new side game if anyone is interested in playing. Each event you pick one fighter you guarantee will win his fight. As long as your pick wins you stay in the game. Once you've used a fighter once...
    Pages: 2 3
  24. Spike.com Names As Offending Side In December Zuffa Infringement Letter To Google
    And those pesky stream-hawkers nearly got Spike in a lot of trouble, it seems...and now they get, as teh kids like to say, probably just some s****s & giggles from us-this sure made me laugh:...
  25. Is it possible lesnar vs fedor in STRIKEFORCE!
    If brock gets beat off jds is it possible he gets cut from ufc and then cud sign for strikeforce and make the fight thats been talked about for along time or fights there other...
  26. .Justin Wren Kills Pig, Puts 'Poser' Viking Brock Lesnar On Blast
    Link Dude. We almost don’t know what to say. Former “TUF 10” contestant and UFC washout Justin Wren apparently went on a “hunting trip” of sorts recently wherein he ripped out the heart of a wild...
  27. Matt Mitirione: It would be fun to fight someone with 'legendary stand-up' like Cheick Kongo
    Link Quoteworthy: "I would be honored to fight Cheick Kongo. I think that would be a lot of fun to throw down. I think it would be a lot of fun to fight somebody of that caliber. Somebody that has...
  28. MMA Apps
    I did a quick search and didn't find a thread about mma apps. Anybody use them or know of any good ones? I just downloaded MMA News and MMAjunkie. The News app seems pretty solid. It has 20 sources...
  29. Titan FC 16 Weigh-Ins
    TIMMAY!! indeed was a Titan on the scales...311! No word on what opponent Abe Wagner weighed in at, but it's probably around 255. Wagner was thinking TIMMAY!! would be around 300. Also no word yet...
  30. Wanderlei spars with dumbass kid!
    Preface via Cage Potato: "Not sure who I should send this to, but I thought you would like to see a video from an MMA seminar I went to this past weekend in Charleston, WV. Wandy was in attendance...
  31. THE 5 O’CLOCK SPOTLIGHT: ALISTAIR OVEREEM On His
    Link Pretty good, short interview with the Reem from BJPENN.com
  32. Bloodsport Karma
    Hey this is a little old I guess, today was the first time I've ran across it...So I thought I'd put it up. A fantastic editing job, that wraps GSP's career up very nicely with a Bloodsport...
  33. WVR Cancels 4/23 Sengoku Event
    According to the Japanese website SportsNavi (their version of Yahoo Sports), World Victory Road has announced that the planned SRC 17 event on April 23 has been cancelled. No specific details were...
  34. Bellators Chris Lozano exclusive interview
    Chris Lozano part 1 Chris Lozano part 2 the fans brought the questions, and I delivered them...hope you guys enjoy!
  35. First mma fight
    First ameauter fight it was only 2 three minute rounds i won by decesion however my opponent thinks it should have been a draw tell me what you think im cory the one with a wrapped ankle and long...
  36. Gina Carano back with Xtreme Couture?
    Looks like it! Source
  37. Bas Rutten Breaks Down UFC 126
    MMA Legend Bas ''El Guapo'' Rutten talks about UFC 126, and gives his predictions for the main card fights between Belfort vs Silva, Jones vs Bader and Franklin vs Griffin. Bas also talks about KId...
  38. German MMA in Japan
    Hi Guys, i found a nice Videoblog from some German MMA fighters, who train now in Japan with the elite. It is subbed with english subs, and is fun to watch. Hope you like it! German MMA is taking...
  39. your strikeforce heavyweight grand prix predictions
    Fedor vs silva. Fedor winning The reem vs werdum. Got reem winning Arlovski vs kharitonov. Arlovski winning Babyface assassin vs brett rodgers. Upset rodgers winning Fedor vs the reem. Got the reem...
  40. I want to fight
    Hey guys, How long do you think it would take to become a MMA fighter. I just started private lessons and was wondering how long it takes the average person to make it. I am a bodybuilder so I have a...
  41. EFC Africa 07 - Not what you'd think.
    Hey playmates, thought i'd give a little input from the good 'ol South Africa. EFC Africa youtube It's an EXTREMELY rapidly growing sport in south africa, especially among the boxers and grapplers,...
  42. EFC Africa putting free fights on Youtube
    Come one, Come all! EFC Africa youtube EFC is truly trying to expand and reach a larger audience, and get out there. Maybe you guys will enjoy it :) The shows live are phenomenal and really have a...
  43. MMA fighter nicknames quiz
    Nickname quiz How many nicknames can you guess right in 15 minutes. 86/100 for me. kinda surprised i didnt get a few of em
  44. Does anyone have recent training footage of fedor?
    Why has he not released any new training footage? Last time I seen some was RIGHT after he lost to werdum
  45. WHy the hell is anderson saying Seagal helped him!
    Sure, he helped him, but come on....we all know Steven Seagal DID NOTHING for him in terms of winning or losing a fight
  46. Fantasy Draft Rd 1 Match 1: Achillesheel v Trollking
    There will be 5 first round matches with the 5 winners going to the final, each vote will last approx 24 hrs. First up is Achillesheel v Trollking who were both given the weight classes of HW and...
  47. MIddle Easy's HW Grand Prix EA Sports Live Broadcast
    If you care about stuff like this, and I do, Middle Easy is actually conducting a HW Grand Prix and EA Sports is doing a live broadcast for them. So far Barnett has beaten Rogers (3rd round sub:...
  48. Official "Good-Natured Fighter Name Jokes" Thread
    This is an idea I got from a news topic I posted, I thought it might be fun to share some good-natured (this isn't intended to be fighter bashing) jokes/puns related to MMA fighters who share the...
  49. Fantasy Draft Rd 1 Match 2: Ncordless v Kpro
    We are now on to our second round match: Ncordless v Kpro They were given LHW and MW as there weight classes. Ncordless 9. Ncordless The World Cup GP U.S.A. Bracket Opening Round: 1. Jon "Bones"...
  50. Jorge Rivera's latest video. **17+**
    Ok, There is some swear words but this is really good. Its not fighter bashing if Jorge is really gonna fight Bisping too! LINKY
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175