General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Zambtis vs Chalid (K1)
    What a fight, one of the best K1 fights i have ever seen in my life... here's the link. Absolute War
  2. Cain Velasques 104 walk-out shirt
    Hi guys i've been looking everywhere for a Cain Velasques's 104 walk-out shirt does anyone know where i can buy one?
  3. chad vs javi
    javi did more in the first round then chad did in the fight....chad won bc the rules but javi did more in the fight and tryed to work. chad is tough but if he wont fight..why do this sport. imo javi...
  4. Anyone watching MFC live on HDnet tonight?
    ????
  5. What is you favourite shocker in an mma fight?
    I'm not talking about upsets, but fights that you were absolutely in awe about, things like unexpected KO's, SUB's or decisions. Some of mine are: Serra over GSP (Still cant believe that happened)...
  6. Aleksander Emelianenko Plays Some Tic Tac Toe With A Bull
    From the TV show “Big Races” which was filmed in Metz, France... http://www.mmatko.com/aleksander-emelianenko-plays-some-tic-tac-toe-with-a-bull/
  7. Mousasi - Will he ever come to the UFC
    Mousasi is a good fighter who I enjoy watching. I think he would have some great fights in the UFC. Do you guys think he will ever be in the UFC?
  8. MMATYCOON
    Hey guys, Ive been playing mmatycoon for a while just wondered if any of you guys played. Maybe u guys wanna start up an alliance or something. Let me know. Love to here what you guys think.
  9. Horrible Sportsmanship at Japanese MMA Event
    Takeo Shiina fought Jung Hyun Lee in Grachen 5 recently. After Lee taunted Takeo in the stare down, Takeo did not stop after KOing Lee early in the first and landed several shots to the head before...
  10. youtube: know it all student at their first training class
    Youtube.com - know it all BJJ student
  11. Who Is The Best Fighter Ever?
    Who is the best UFC fighter ever? I'm talking past and present, i want to know what everyone else thinks. I think Tank Abbott was the best ever fighter, but now it's probably Big Daddy or Georges St...
  12. Coker Might Book It-Overeem Vs. A Can!
    Likely just a typo on Twitter, but this one's great: Only question: What kind of can? (Was going to add a poll but inadvertently hit the wrong key first. Stupid wireless keyboard)
  13. Are you down to fight????!!!!...............in the rain
    A crazy fight put on outdoors by KOTC. I cant believe that one of these guys didnt blow out a knee sliding arounf like that! LINKAGE! What does th PG think of this madness??
  14. can somebody help me with this question?
    you can go on the ultimate fighter and watch all the episodes for free can you watch the episodes from the website on an ipod touch? Thank you
  15. Thiago Silva or Brandon Vera will be cut by UFC if they lose!!!!
    Just wanted to point this out as it will most likely happen to the lose of this fight. Especially with some of the ufc cuts that are imo questionable. But yeah loser gets cut, anyone else thinking...
  16. Report: Duffee Turned Down Bellator & SF Offers, Silva Fight On 12/4
    That's what Josh Gross said today on Twitter. And that's Antonio Silva he reportedly turned down. Link Gross also thinks he'll sign with SF sometime next year and might fight on a smaller show come...
  17. Alistair Overeem wins International fighter of the year W.T.F
    Just wanting to know how the **** Alistair "One fight this year" Overeem wins best International fighter of the year with only one win in the year fare enough he is the Strikeforce Champion but has...
  18. Tachi Palace Fights 7 Weigh-Ins Results
    Results for tonight's event: Micah Miller missed weight. As a result, his fight with TPF Featherweight Champion Isaac DeJesus is now a NON-TITLE match. So only one title fight tonight. James Irvin...
  19. Robert Drysdale now fighting at 205
    Drysdale vs Clay Davidson It's easy to see that he's got a long way to go in terms of striking, but now that he has dropped down to 205, I think he has the possibility of at least doing as well as...
  20. Who's your top 5 rankings all time?
    Inspired by an earlier thread today, i started thinking about who i thought the best 5 fighters were in terms of skill and skillset all time per division. With every fighter in their prime, who would...
  21. Did Anyone Else Notice What Lawler Did With Lindland's Legs?
    I didn't notice it at the time, but I was cracking up when I saw it in this .gif. Look what Lawler does with Lindland's legs after he knocks him out. MiddleEasy gif I don't know why it made me laugh...
  22. Strikeforce was entertaining...but not the best card of the year
    I am reading everywhere people exclaiming that this was the best fight card of the year. Why? Because a bunch of guys got knocked out? KO's are entertaining, don't get me wrong, but they don't make...
  23. Jonathan Brookins' walk out song
    Gorillaz - Dirty Harry I dig it. Never heard it before.
  24. 10 point scoring system explained
    I'd like to start off this thread by firstly saying this is not aimed at anyone in particular but after reading some of the recent posts I thought it might need explaining to some people. I know its...
  25. Maia vs. Palhares
    This is one of the fights I'd love to see most. Possibley the two best BJJ guys in the sport. Id be curious to see if they chose to stand or who would attempt the takedown. Thoughts?
  26. Does Overeem's K1 title help or hinder him in MMA?
    Does the fact that Overeem won the K1 grand prix title help or hinder his MMA career? On one hand, he is without doubt the most dangerous and technical striker in MMA's heavyweight devision. I've...
  27. MMA Win Lineage Map
    Alright, so at a time when I was extremely bored, I put together this interesting lineage of wins beginning with Royce Gracie. Now, I know there were fights before Royce that qualify as MMA, but he...
  28. My opinion on the current P4P Situation!
    After UFC124 and GSP proving himself as the best again. Dana White said in a post fight interview that he still believes Silva is the sports top p4p fighter, and that got me a little ticked so I...
  29. Open Judging Policy?
    If anyone here watched the K-1 grand prix than they were aware that there was an open judging policy where you could see how each judge scored the round as they wrote it on their cards. i was very...
  30. Rampage on Dr. Phil tomorrow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUKj7CeUcPc No article, just a youtube trailer...saw it on twitter.
  31. Yes We Khan?
    At tonight's WEC 53 weigh-ins, Danny Downes gave opponent Zhang Tie Quen a t-shirt with a "Yes We Can" spoof: In reference to his opponent's fighting moniker, "The Mongolian Wolf," Downes presented...
  32. Latest False Death Rumor Victim: Kevin Ferguson
    Sort of. Kevin Ferguson is indeed dead. But not THAT Kevin Ferguson-the one we know as Kimbo Slice is alive and well. Anyway... If a mediocre backyard brawler-turned mixed martial artist dies, does...
  33. Question about Dan Severn's Black Belt
    On wikipedia it says that Severn is a 3rd degree black belt in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. now, i have a hard time believing this, or at the very least verifying it. something is telling me that wikipedia...
  34. Bellator throws down gauntlet: Eddie Alvarez vs. Gilbert Melendez?
    Bjorn Rebney, CEO of Bellator Fighting Championships, was quoted on "MMA Live" as challenging Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker to co-promote a lightweight champion-against-champion fight. "Alvarez would...
  35. Nemesis MMA: Global Invasion: How You Promote MMA (Not)
    Just read CP's report. Makes Vaseline-Gate sound like nothing among other things. If you were paying attention to our report on Tuesday – or following Ben Askren on Twitter, which we can only assume...
  36. Which fighters would you choose
    If you could make your own PPV from top to bottom with matches you'd personally like to see in each division? No matter the current fighter weight, championships, companies, records, age, etc. (Each...
  37. Anthony Pettis is Jet Li!!!!!!!!
    I cant believe for the life of me there hasnt been a thread made about the kick that "Showtime" landed on Ben "Smooth" Henderson in the 5th and final rnd of their WEC title fight....not even in the...
  38. WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis replay airs tonight on Versus
    You've got one more chance to see "the kick." Replays of this past Thursday's "WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis" event air tonight on Versus. The WEC's final event initially took place Dec. 16 at...
  39. Hermes Franca robbed
    Fought last night they announce Hermes as the winner, local boy refuses to put his hands down until they change the result and give him the belt here is what the Sherdog representative who was at the...
  40. UFC SCIENCE
    check out this video series on YouTube... UFC SCIENCE
  41. UFC Dream Card Poster
    So a buddy of mine text me yesterday and asked me what five fights I'd like to see on a main card of any UFC event now that the merger happened. I gave him a quick list without really thinking about...
  42. Programming Reminder: 'Best of WEC 2010' debuts tomorrow night (Dec. 23)
    World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) isn't done on Versus just yet. The UFC today announced that "The Best of WEC 2010" will debut tomorrow night (Dec. 22) starting at 7 p.m. ET on Versus and feature...
  43. should wall kicks be illegal?
    I read this opinion article on junkie earlier and it got me wondering, who here feels it should be illegal? why or why not? I for one think it should be legal because the cage is something everyone...
  44. Make your picks for Dream/World Victory Road combo card
    Be sure to make your picks for the Dream/ World victory road combo card that is coming up shortly! On Friday! So we can wager on the card and is the last event of the current season in the secondary...
  45. Pic of my baby
    I started doing BJJ a few months ago and my 3 year has been watching lol I caught her practicing on one of her baby dolls this morning. Needless to say, I'm proud.
  46. Sengoku 12/30 Weigh-Ins
    Full results: Taisuke Okuno missed weight. He has been given 2 red cards as a result-that means he will be docked 20% of his fight purse. Featherweight champ Marlon Sandro (65.4kg/143.9lb) vs. Hatsu...
  47. Dynamite!! Weigh-Ins Results
    Results for tomorrow: Everyone made weight. Bibiano Fernandes (62.7kg/138.2lb) vs. Hiroyuki Takaya (62.9kg/ 138.7lb) Tatsuya Kawajiri (70kg/154.3lb) vs. Josh Thomson (70kg/154.3lb) Jason High...
  48. Alistair Overeem
    IMO is by far the most dangerous fighter in the game today. A Cain vs Alistair matchup is something i must see as a fan. Alistair is leaps and bound the best HW striker in MMA. The only question...
  49. Eddie Alvarez & Gilbert Melendez
    how do you think these 2 would fair in the UFC's LW Division?
  50. Strikeforce HW Tournament Bracket Revealed
    2 things of note: If Fedor beats Silva he'll either get the Werdum rematch or Overeem at last, and the tournament winner becomes the Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion. This according to according to...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175