General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. IGF 13-9/25 in Tokyo
    Thought about putting this in spoilers, but since it's not going to air anywhere outside Japan, nah...anyway, there are a few MMA guys competing on this Antonio Inoki-produced wrestling event in...
  2. Rampage vs Machida
    Who will win ? and how ?
  3. Hughes vs Penn 3
    who will win ?? how ??
  4. JDS vs Shane Carwin
    this would b the sickest and most entertaining fight ever, it would b a brutal brutal fight that 4 sure would end by a nasty KO. are u with me. and who takes it and y?
  5. 2 Stand up strikers = descion?
    lol whenever i c 2 stand up fighters against eachother b4 i thought a guaranteed 1st round KO, now i think descion. example Houston vs Kimbo, Gulliard vs Stephans and Lytle vs Serra. lol its weird...
  6. UFC 119 bonuses: Sherk, Dunham, Mitrione, Beltran, Dollaway earn $70K awards
    link INDIANAPOLIS – Sean Sherk, Evan Dunham, Matt Mitrione, Joey Beltran and C.B. Dollaway each earned $70,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 119 event. Dollaway picked...
  7. Mir vs Cro Cop
    Anyone think it was weird that in the third round Mir had Cro Cop up against the fence and they just quit fighting and were like laughing to each other. I just thought that was a little strange, this...
  8. Diaz vs Dunham
    In the Sherk fight he reminded me a lot of Nate Diaz with his lanky frame, accurate striking and good ground game. They are almost mirror images IMO, except Dunham seemed to throw the more diverse...
  9. Bellator 31 Weigh-Ins (Updated)
    Results: Zolia Frausto has missed weight. She has an undetermined amoung of time to lose .2 pound. ( Update : She has now made weight on her 3rd try) Megumi Fujii (114.8) vs. Lisa Ward (115.2) -...
  10. WEC 51 Weigh-Ins
    Results: Everyone made weight. Jose Aldo (145) vs. Manny Gamburyan (145) Donald Cerrone (155.5) vs. Jamie Varner (156) Miguel Torres (136) vs. Charlie Valencia (136) Chan Sung Jung (146) vs. George...
  11. Fedor vs Couture
    Who would win? and How?
  12. Dave "Pee Wee" Herman successful at Bellator 32 with oma plata victory
    Bellator 31 Results MAIN CARD: Megumi Fujii def. Lisa Ward by submission (armbar) Rd 1 (1:39) Zoila Frausto def. Jessica Aguilar by split decision (30-27, 27-30, 30-27) Chris Lozano def. Yoshiyuji...
  13. Aldo, Faber, Torres, P4P outside of UFC
    Can you be a real P4P top fighter when you put on great performances and dominate spectacularly in weak divisions? Everyone thought Faber was one of the best in the world including me. Then he lost...
  14. Champions Of Champions Elite Kings Cup Super 8!!!
    Hey everyone, Is anyone here a muay thai fan like I am??? Who watched CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS ELITE last FRIDAY?? Anyways, if you couldn't get enough, just wanted to let everyone know about a big...
  15. Personal Opinion: Who do you think is the ugliest fighter in MMA?
    As above, who do you think is the ugliest fighter in MMA (im not saying i rate guys, but there are some banged up guys out there) I'd say Keith Jardine
  16. Jacare vs Gegard II who takes it?
    Jacare is my favorite fighter, his ground game is tight and I love it, straight up BEAST! In the first fight Gegard KO'd him with an upkick in dream. In my opinion I think it's luck. I have never...
  17. Fantasy matchups (with a twist)
    Sorry if this has been done before, but considering how we always have countless fantasy matchup threads popping up through the years I thought maybe this would be a change of pace. Pick any MMA...
  18. SF DIaz vs. Noons 2 Weigh-Ins Results
    Results: Everyone made weight. TV fights: Nick Diaz (169.5) vs. K.J. Noons (169) Gesias Cavalcante (155.75) vs. Josh Thomson (155.25) Sarah Kaufman (134.25) vs. Marloes Coenen (134) Andre Galvao...
  19. Gegard Mousasi vs Jon Jones
    i think this would b a great fight and id actually pick mousasi in this fight. who u think would win?andhow?also shogun vs rafael cavalcante would b hella cool. but Shogun would win that 1 with ease.
  20. Are Strikeforce Commentators Pro-Noons?
    I don't know if I am the only one that noticed this, but I watched the rematch last night and it seemed like the commentary in rounds 2 and 3 were STRONGLY for KJ. I agree that KJ easily won the...
  21. Refuted Rumor Of The Day: Badr Hari Is Not Dead
    Never heard this one in part because i don't follow K-1 that closely, but just in case you heard it...it's been confirmed. Hari IS NOT dead. He is alive and well. A rumor that beleaguered Dutch-born...
  22. Tank Abbott avatar
    I was wondering if someone who's good at avatars could do me a favour and make a tank abbott one. props would be in order as well lol
  23. HL Videos
    Just thought I'd share some of my favorite highlight videos with you guys. Chuck Liddell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bQURUeNm8 Mike Swick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YdmtveRCb8 Paul Taylor...
  24. "_________ should use _________ as his/her entrance music!"
    Is there a particular song that you think a fighter should use as entrance music? List 'em.
  25. whats the MMA fighter youd be most scared to fight.
    what MMA fighter would you least wanna fight? like be the most scared of. and what UFC fighter would you be most willing to fight?
    Pages: 2
  26. Do you think Nate Marquardt would be ready for Anderson Silva?
    In all means, I think Nate Marquardt ever since his loss to Silva and Sonnen, has become 10x the better fighter than he was before. He is in my opinion, a favorite for the No. 1 Contender spot. Do...
  27. Ronnys Torres fights to save his mother's eyesight
    link Ronys revealed there is a special reason that makes his upcoming match-up one of the most important of his career: “My mother’s health - She has already lost her left-eye capacity of seeing and...
  28. Fantasy Fight Card Masters Full Cards, PLEASE VOTE
    FIGHT CARD #1 UFN Tuff 'N' Nuff We have 9 TUF vets with 4 of them Season winners. The Main Event includes the Season 5 Winner as 2 of the BJJ wizards clash: Nate Diaz v Dustin Hazelett The Co Main...
  29. Free MMA Alert: Tachi Palace Fights Live On 12/2
    And free too thanks to Junkie. Article Decent looking card too: James Irvin vs. Jorge Oliveira Jussier da Silva vs. Danny Martinez Champ Isaac DeJesus vs. Micah Miller (for featherweight title) John...
  30. Ben Askren
    What do you think of this guy's development? He still seems really raw, but he has only seven mixed martial arts bouts under his belt. I have seen a lot of hatred for him lately, and one of the main...
  31. Do you think Matt Hughes can take out Dennis Hallman this time?
    I think it was too early to tell whether Matt Hughes could have beaten Dennis Hallman in their rematch. But it would have been awesome to see them fight when Hughes was in his prime or even now.....
  32. Huerta vs Alvarez
    Wow! If this fight was a bit more competitive, I think it would have easily become fight of the year. Alvarez looked absolutely phenomenal running through one of the top guys in the division, and...
  33. The Big Show vs Jose Aldo
    who wins and why? the 7 foot 500lb big show with no fighting exp, or the tiny tiny man who has been killing any1 he faces and is a highly trained mma fighter.
    Pages: 2
  34. LHW Dibacle
    Just a thought......... While we're waiting for Shogun/Rashad to happen I figured this would be the best pattern for the other fights to play out Winner of Rampage Machida vs Winner of Jones Bader...
  35. This is the reason why I don't like Sherdoggers...
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/lesnar-no-heart-cant-take-hit-interesting-article-1402499/ Firstly, the article is blatant fighter bashing from a keyboard warrior, and secondly, all the twerps...
  36. DREAM Dynamite!! 2010-12/31 In Japan
    DREAM Dynamite!! 2010 December 31, 2010 in TBA Venue: TBA TV: TBA, but is expected to air live in US on HDNet Rumored fights: vs. Melvin Manhoef vs. TBA Few details are known at this time beyond the...
  37. Lyoto Machida vs Honk Kong Phooey
    I think the title explains itself..
  38. UFC "Card Of The Year?
    Any card from UFC 108(First card of 2010) to any card leading up to now. My candidates are: UFC 113 UFC 116 UFC 117 UFC 121 And if you can, tell me what card your most looking forward to. UFC 126 for...
  39. Fence grabbing and warnings
    After watching TUF tonight it got me really thinking about fighters grabbing the fence to either stop a take down, get up, or escape a sub. I feel this rule doesn't seam to get nearly enforced as...
  40. Pretty Big Fight Tonight!
    Hector Lombard will be defending his Bellator Middleweight Crown against Alexander Shlemenko. Thoughts?
  41. Fantasy UFC (New Season starts at UFC 122)
    Before each UFC event everyone pick a team of fighters who are fighting on that card. 1 from each weight class. the fighters will qualify for the weight class that they are fighting at that event....
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7
  42. Dave Batista for Strikeforce?
    I mean come on, next thing they'll take Sgt. Slaughter like nothing. Watch out Fedor and Overeem! However, I need to know if it's true that Batista is actually considering joining the sport of mixed...
  43. Cain v. Fedor
    If this fight happened who would you pick to win it?
  44. Zoila Frausto pulls of an upset of the night(Mega Megu loses by decision_
    Zoila Frausto defeated Megumi Fujii via a controversial split decision to become the inaugural Bellator 115 lb Women's Champion. I need a play by play though from someone who saw the fight, help...
  45. Your open-weight Grand Prix: any fighter, any organization.
    Sixteen fighters, any weight class. Your predictions of the outcome if you want.... Pride style rules. Ring only- No Cages.(For Advantages) And no sequels or rubber matches. Don't make them too crazy...
  46. Coenen and Overeem say "Thanks" to the USA!
    link Strikeforce champions and Golden Glory teammates Alistair Overeem and Marloes Coenen say "thanks" to the U.S.A. in their new promo shot. Photo courtesy of GG head coach Martijn de Jong.
  47. Serious Question
    I was thinking about how weight advantages can effect the outcomes of fights. Got me thinking...........dead serious Who would win a boxing match Brock Lesnar(265) vs Manny Pacquiao(at say 160)???...
  48. UFC star to head to the WWE?
    So, that's the word on the street. Supposedly, a current UFC star is looking to head to the WWE after his contract is complete. I guess we'll see if it's true somewhere down the line, but does anyone...
  49. HL: "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock
    HL: "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock got bored and threw this together, appreciate any comments/feedback :)
  50. IFC Genesis Weigh-Ins: Ricco Not So Suave
    Evidently Ricco Rodriguez missed weight for this event. Badly. As in 10 pounds. And he's given his foe-to-be, Daniel Tabera, 20% of his fight purse. "I'm a professional fighter. What happened today...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174