General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Does Frankie Edgar loss at UFC 118 change BJ Penn's legacy?
    It's long been a given that BJ Penn is one of the greatest fighters of all time. We hear it from Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan every time he fights in the Octagon and he's a multiple time world...
  2. Demian Maia vs Thales Leites
    I think this would be a great fight due to both fighters technical mastery of brazilian jiu-jitsu. However, I would think striking would be different in Demian Maia's favor. It would be interesting...
  3. MMA Hurt & Heal (UFC Lightweight Edition)
    Rules in case you've never played a hurt and heal. The way to play is you start with a list of fighters with all people on the list having 10 points (health). During your turn you can either hurt...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
  4. MMA Hurt & Heal (UFC Welterweight Edition)
    Rules in case you've never played a hurt and heal. The way to play is you start with a list of fighters with all people on the list having 10 points (health). During your turn you can either hurt...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
  5. MMA Hurt & Heal (UFC Middleweight Edition)
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
  6. MMA Hurt & Heal (UFC Light Heavyweight Edition)
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
  7. MMA Hurt & Heal (UFC Heavyweight Edition)
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
  8. Chuck Liddell shaves iconic mohawk for charity
    UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell has had his mohawk for 18 years, but he shaved it all off Monday morning on "Fox and Friends." Now, he looks like this: Link
  9. EA Sports presents it's LWs and WWs for their game
    link LW: Billy Evangelista, Kron Gracie, Joachim Hansen, Gesias Cavalcante, Vitor Ribeiro, Eddie Alvarez, Shinya Aoki, Satoru Kitaoka, Hayato Sakurai, Lyle Beerbohm, Josh Thomson, Gilbert Melendez,...
  10. Roger Huerta on TMZ talks about street fight
    Bellator fighter Roger Huerta sits down and talks to TMZ about what have happen in the street fight he got into a month ago and the man who punch the women in the face. TMZ Live: Roger Huerta
  11. Flyweight in the WEC
    Just wondering what 135s do people think are going to cut down?
  12. Ken Shamrock Owes Zuffa Money, So He's Fighting Again Soon
    And this time it's perhaps a favorable matchup, which would help with that $175K bill he supposedly owes Zuffa. From Cage Potato: Well it looks like Ken Shamrock is determined to free himself from...
  13. How many MMA card collectors do we have here?
    I'm passionate for the hobby and have been collecting since early 2009. I have some really sweet stuff in my collection. I was wondering how many people around here collect mma sports cards?
  14. Yves Lavigne: "Koscheck will be eaten alive by GSP"
    UFC referee, and French-Canadian, Yves Lavigne recently had some choice words for Josh Koscheck, the next opponent for Montreal's own Georges St. Pierre. SBNation I know nothing about this website...
    Pages: 2
  15. Bellator 31- Chris Lozano vs Yoshiyuki Yoshida
    Yoshida vs Lozano looks like 5-0 Cleveland prospect Chris Lozano takes on 11-5 UFC veteran Yoshiyuki "Zenko" Yoshida, September 30th awesome fight!! I really hope this event makes the secondary...
  16. my new Highlight vid
    here is my first highlight i made, figure make one of a fighter know one has seen a highlight of, so made a james McSweeney HL. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6jcqqO2E_g
  17. Why does Pettis get the shot against Benson?
    Barttimus is 4-0 in his last 4 fights including 3-0 in the WEC with a sin against Pettis. Pettis is also 3-0 in the WEC, but 3-1 in his last 4 fights with a lost to Bartimus. This makes no since, and...
  18. Wow, Mark Hunt is looking thin!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Unlike-Toney-Hunt-is-acting-like-a-real-fighter?urn=mma-266382
  19. After win over Lashley, Griggs now eyes Rogers
    The fight would seem a decent bridge for Griggs to try and step up in the heavyweight ranks, while conversely being a solid retooling fight for Rogers should he win. “I know he's actually fighting...
  20. KJ Noons: Nick Diaz is a “trash-talking, pot-smoking chump.”
    link “Nick’s good for entertainment, but I come from a family of fighters,” said Noons. “I started early, and I have respect for martial arts. It teaches you discipline, how to become a good person,...
  21. Not sure what is going on
    As UFN 22 approaches I am left sitting here thinking, "ok I will get around to watching it some time after it airs and that I hope I get all my picks in this time" I don't know, lately I have not had...
  22. [ [ [ * * * Tag Team Eliminator Challenge v2.0 (UPDATED) * * * ] ] ]
    Just like last time... We'll start off with 64 players (will accept up to 128). All names will be drawn out of a "hat" to form 32 teams of two. These 2-man teams will then compete in a...
    Pages: 2 3
  23. George Sotiropoulos is one fight away from a Title Fight
    George Sotiropoulos is one fight away from setting up a dream UFC world title fight in Sydney next February. Geelong-born Sotiropoulos will face either B.J. Penn or Kenny Florian in a lightweight...
  24. DirecTV: Shine Fights, But No Shark Fights
    If you have DirecTV this is a bit of a bummer for Saturday-they're offering Shine Fights (IF it happens, of course) but not Shark Fights 13. From MMA Fighting: We have a weird weekend in mixed...
  25. just watched Joe warren knock the Cocky out of Soto!!!!!!!
    What an entertainning fight- SOOO nice to see one dimensional Joe KO that Cocky Soto- I scored the 1st round 10-7 I could See Joe mouthing something like - whos "Pow" smiling "Bang " now "...
  26. Wrestling still isn't getting enough respect in MMA.
    So I was reading the thread about Dan Hardy complaining about wrestling in the UFC, and every time I tried to write a response I had to delete it because it had too much bile in it. I also just read...
  27. Penn vs Kos
    I had thought about posting this right before I was banned. Does this strike anyone as it does me? I'm not saying this is a very practical matchup to happen since that would mean another run at a...
  28. The 6 "Least Sportsmanlike" Moments in MMA
    6 - Wes Sims vs. Frank Mir 5 - Mike Kyle vs. Brian Olsen 4 - Tank Abbott vs. John Matua 3 - Tito Ortiz vs. Guy Mezger 2 - Gary Goodridge vs. Pedro Otavio 1 - Shinya Aoki vs. Mizuto Hirota Summaries...
  29. TPF 6 quick results
    link Uscola TKOs Marshall in the first, Razor Rob wins a decision over Corey Hill, andMicah Miller does the same to Diego Saraiva.
  30. Ricco Rodriguez signs on to fight Dave Herman in Bellator
    link Rodriguez will make his first start for Bellator against Dave Herman, riding a nine-fight winning streak that includes seven bouts already in 2010.
  31. MFC 26 weigh in results
    link All 18 fighters, including lightweight titleholder Antonio "Mandingo" McKee and his challenger Luciano Azevedo, were perfect as the official weigh-in for MFC 26: Retribution was held Thursday...
  32. Shark Fights 13 Weigh-In Results
    Results: Paul Daley missed weight. He is fined 10% of his fight purse, which goes to Jorge Masvidal. Main card: Trevor Prangley (202.75) vs. Keith Jardine (204.5) Sokoudjou (204.75) vs. Houston...
  33. Bellator
    So I went to my first Bellator show last night in New Orleans and wanted to share some of the moments that went on there. First, I don't know what the hell they were thinking with scheduling the...
  34. MFC 26 Quick Results
    1 Curtis Demarce defeats Tyson Steele via Submission (Triangle Choke) 2 4:09 2 David Heath defeats Solomon Hutcherson via KO (Superman Punch) 2 3:46 3 Dwayne Lewis defeats Mike Nickels via TKO...
  35. UFC SURVIVOR RD 1
    I liked the UFC hurt and heal game so i decided to make a game of my own UFC SURVIVOR The rules 1. Every event, you must choose a winner of just ONE fight from the main card ONLY 2. you can't choose...
  36. Houston Alexander
    At last nights Shark Fights 13 event, Houston Alexander took on Ramaeu Thierry Sokoudjou. I had all my money on Soko using his Judo and GnPing Alexander out. Well he decided to stand and bang with...
  37. UFC Champions Past and Present Hurt and Heel
    I really enjoyed this so I thought I would set up some new ones ( with different categories). The way to play is you start with a list of fighters with all people on the list having 10 points...
  38. UFC Old School Tournament Winners Hurt and Heel
    I really enjoyed this so I thought I would set up some new ones ( with different categories). The way to play is you start with a list of fighters with all people on the list having 10 points...
  39. TUF Winners Hurt and Heel
  40. MMAPG Rankings Hurt and Heel
  41. Don Frye: True star of Shark Fights, his one liners at a glance
    link My personal favorites: 13. On the difficulty of finding an MMA fight in France: "I didn't know France was ever in a fight. ... I heard Italy just declared war on Spain, and France surrendered."...
  42. Your favorite fighters in 2006 compared to now.
    My Top 5 in 2006 1.Fedor 2.Big Nog 3.Bj Penn 4.Josh Barnett 5. Gomi now today 1.Fedor 2. Mirko 3.Big Nog 4. Bj Penn 5. Chris Leben
  43. Freakshow Alert? Bobby Lashley Wrestling Again
    Here's all you need to know: He's going to none other than the IGF promotion in Japan (Japanese legend Antonio Inoki's promotion, which mostly features MMA fighters doing wrestling) to do it. Oh, and...
  44. Your Picks For TUF 12
    Well I'm absolutely pumped for the new season of TUF and it looks like its got some great fighters, and I just wanted to share with you who I think is gunna win TUF 12. Winner: Alex "Bruce Lee Roy"...
  45. Rabi's MMA Playground League Season 4 ( New players welcome deadline Friday 24 September 2010)
    I am looking to set up Season 4. All players that are active and are already in the league will automatically continued in to the new season in the Div selected depending on last seasons results. I...
  46. Fantasy Draft Cards, Please Vote.
    FIGHT CARD #1 Main Event Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort (185 lbs.) Co-Main Event Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (155 lbs.) Tournament Final Jon Fitch vs. Josh Koscheck (170 lbs.) Main Card Dominick...
  47. MMA SCANDAL – Mixed martial arts fight FIXED as big name wins easily to restart his career ?
    MMABay recently has unearthed one of the most scandalous stories in mixed martial arts of the past few years, a story that came to fruition earlier this week much to our disappointment. We were...
  48. Dream Anyone? Hello?
    Not many people want to chat about Dream so it seems....... I for one am very excited for this card. Some really good fighters on this card, and I for one enjoy the broadcasting of Dream more then...
  49. Since Someone Might Care More Than Me...That Datsik Guy's Been Arrested
    In Norway. Details via CP: Well, it looks like we won't get to see the freak show fight of the year we were all looking forward to as Vyacheslav Datsik's time on the lam has come to an unceremonious...
  50. Wanderlei confronts Sonnen about his smack talk -VIDEO-
    This is great! Haven't seen it here anywhere so.... VIDEO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175