General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Your additions to
    link MMA News listed their top 5: 1. Alistair Overeem 2. Gilbert Melendez 3. Nick Diaz 4. Gegard Mousasi 5. Eddie Alvarez Who would you add to their list? Their "Honorable Mentions" are Fedor, Aoki...
  2. Semmy Schilt Focused on K-1, Wouldn't Rule Out UFC Return
    link "I consider myself a fighter, and the rules decide what kind of fight it will be," Schilt said of distinguishing kickboxing from MMA. "There is a chance I will fight again in the UFC. There is...
  3. 10 Most Devastating Strikers
    link A great striker is what draws most of us to MMA. A fighter who can deliver an instant knockout in the most brutal way possible is what makes the sport so exciting. However, being a great...
  4. SF Challengers: Sarah "Mrs. Rampage" Kaufman's Slam KO Of Modafferi
    Considering I've been watching some of Rampage's old PRIDE fights lately (Best Of PRIDE on Spike) it's nice to see the big slam getting some more love.
  5. The most beloved fighter in MMA
    I have seen GSP, Fedor, Rampage, Shogun, Lesnar, Aikiyama, Penn, Alves, Florian, Liddell, Saku, Bas, Carano, Couture, etc., etc., all receive harsh criticism from fans, also receive general...
  6. Enjoy The Fight
    by Jason Kelly Recently we witnessed monumental moments in MMA, Fedor Emelianenko’s loss, and Brock Lesnar’s win, while both outcomes have kept the MMA world conversing, I can’t help but notice the...
  7. Randy Couture To Throw Out FIrst Pitch At A's Game Saturday
    Press Release: Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) legend Randy "The Natural" Couture will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Oakland A’s vs. Texas Rangers 1:10 p.m. game on Saturday,...
  8. Presenting "Mach Immortal" (Working Title) Performing "Don't Speak"
    Translation: Hayato Sakurai & Matt Brown playing the game "Band Hero". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L4waqdoQuI&feature=player_embedded If you're not laughing hard by the 20-second mark,...
  9. War of Words With 'Mayhem' Miller Not Helping Nick Diaz Make His Case
    Strikeforce fighters Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Nick Diaz have been having a little conversation with one another over the internet recently. Maybe conversation is the wrong word. It implies an...
  10. Sengoku 13 Fight Ruled No Contest, Rematch Possible
    World Victory Road today announced that the Sengoku 13 fight between Shigeki Osawa and Katsuya Toida has had it's outcome changed to No Contest. The original ruling was that Toida was DQ'd in round 3...
  11. Mark Miller meets Josh Shockley at Bellator 25 in Chicago
    link Lightweights Mark Miller (10-7 MMA, 0-0 BFC) and Josh Shockley (6-0-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) are set to meet at the event, a source close to the event confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).
  12. Jason Frank's First Pro Fight August 4
    Go Pro Power Rangers! Jason "White Ranger" Frank is turning pro on August 4, facing Jose Vasquez at a Puro Combate event in Houston. According to Sherdog, Vasquez will also be making his pro debut....
  13. 70-Year-Old MMA Fighter John Williams
    link The 70-year-old from New Brunswick, Canada became the oldest person to ever compete in a professional MMA bout when he took on 49-year-old former pro wrestler Larry Brubaker on July 24 in...
  14. Chute Boxe fighter Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira issue open challenge
    crazy talk “Since Lyoto [Machida] refused to face me in the UFC, people love when I tell them the names of fighters I´d submit. So, for starters, Gegard Mousasi would be a good name. I was offered...
  15. MMAPlayground HW Final
    Sorry guys been crazy busy almost forgot about this lol. Overeem vs Fedor I personally would have had Cain wiining it all but the Playground has spoken and SF has top two HW fighters!
  16. Video tour of Gilbert Melendez gym
    Here is a tour of Gilbert Melendez' gym, the El Nino Training Center in San Francisco, CA. Thought you guys might enjoy it. LINK
  17. Ufc Fan Expo Boston
    Yeah im going to the fan expo in boston and all i see posted so far is just like what fighters are gonna be at the expo in like there own booths for others sponsors? Also would like to know any tips...
  18. Allistar Overeem vs Antonio Rodrigo Nog
    who would win
  19. What's next for Johnny "Bones" Jones?
    If you all saw, Jon Jones defeated Vladimir Matyushenko in devastating fashion with elbows in less than 2 minutes. So what's next for this now uprising star in the UFC? He stated that he now wants to...
  20. Brazilian coalition to sue Impact FC
    link None of the Brazilian fighters who fought for short-lived Australian MMA promotion Impact FC last month have been paid, Fighters Only was told today. The list of names awaiting payment includes...
  21. BJ Penn vs Eddie Alvarez?
    I think this would a pretty good matchup to BJ Penn. Alvarez has amazing standup and has been working on his submissions. Ever since his lost to Shinya Aoki by heel hook, he has has won his last 5...
  22. Anyone Wondering Exactly How Big Carwin Is...
    My Alma Mater and current Grad School is fighting to save our Wrestling program. We're hosting an MMA event on our campus this Saturday. Ex-UFC fighter Brian Cobb will be the headliner. But, to push...
  23. Tired Of Fitch fights on the Main Card
    I am not gonna bash Fitch because whatever works for you....USE IT! It does however, bore me to tears to watch him fight. If the UFC has to have him, they need to have mercy and put his fights on the...
  24. Clay Guida v.s. Takanori Gomi
    I think it would be great for Headlining the next Versus card .I predict fireworks from beginning to end. And if i'm not mistaken Guida and Tyson sized up well with each other compared to Gomi being...
  25. TUF 12 Cast
    Coaches: GSP Josh Koscheck Weightclass: Lightweight Cast: J.J Ambrose 14-3 Nam Phan 15-7 Jonathan Brookins 11-3 Cody McKenzie 11-0 Michael Richman 7-0 Joseph Duffy 7-0 T.J O'Brien 14-3 Sako...
  26. Fight Me MMA 1: FREE Event Saturday
    Not much better than MMA on Saturday night...OK, maybe FREE MMA: O'FALLON, MO - The recently-formed Fight Me MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) league announced that its debut show, "Fight Me 1 - The Battle...
  27. MMA Tournaments ??
    How does Bellator's tournaments work? how many fighters? and does any other promotion do this currently or recently?
  28. Shogun vs. Anderson
    I think this would be an awesome matchup. I think Shogun is one of the few men who can really compete or beat up Silva on the feet. Thoughts?
  29. "War on the Mainland" Weigh in results
    The full weigh-in results included: Paul Buentello (251.6) vs. Tim Sylvia (274.4) Jason Lambert (203.8) vs. Tony Lopez (204.6) Matt Horwich (185.4) vs. Thales Leites (184.6) Diego Garijo (153.8) vs....
  30. Does anyone here collect MMA sports cards?
    I'm a huge collector and have thousands in my collection. I'm starting a MMA collectors web site with a price guide, and, I'm trying to gauge interest. Please, tell us about your collections! Thanks
  31. SYLVIA KO'S BUENTELLO AT WAR ON THE MAINLAND
    "In a battle of former UFC heavyweights, Tim Sylvia chopped down and then knocked out Paul Buentello in the main event of the inaugural War on the Mainlands show Saturday night in Irvine, CA. The...
  32. Couture, Hendo & Bruce Buffer On NBC's "Poker After Dark" This Week
    High stakes poker is all about intimidation. Pros get rich by knowing how to stare down the competition. But take them away from the table and the average shark is about as scary as a guppy. Players...
  33. WEC 50 Weigh-Ins Results
    The results: Everyone made weight. Dominick Cruz (134) vs. Joseph Benavidez (134) Anthony Pettis (155) vs. Shane Roller (156) Chad Mendes (145) vs. Cub Swanson (146) Scott Jorgensen (135) vs. Brad...
  34. MMA Awards
    Register and vote http://www.onlineawards.co.uk/fightersonly/NominatePBP_AwardsEnt_Register_UP.aspx?mode=1
  35. SF Houston Weigh-Ins Results
    Results: A couple missed weight and one no-show. See below. Muhammed Lawal (203.75) vs. Rafael Cavalcante (Feijao) (203.5) Tim Kennedy (185) vs. Ronaldo Souza (184.75) Jorge Gurgel (154.75) vs. K.J....
  36. Showtime to leapfrog Bartimus for a title shot?
    After watching the WEC even on Wednesday I got to thinking. There were two great LW fighters on the card both on good win streaks. Anthony "Showtime" Pettis and Bart "Bartimus" Palaszewski. Both...
  37. Bas Rutten, Don Frye and Ron Kruck named Shark Fights 13 PPV broadcasters
    link "We have put together what we refer to as our 'commentating dream team' to call the action during our Sept. 11 pay-per-view event," stated Shark Fights president Brent Medley. "It was extremely...
  38. Misaki vs Santiago fight of the year?
    Seriously if Misaki-Santiago isnt fight of the year somewhere i will be forced to assume zuffa is paying off everyone...
  39. Jacare beats Kennedy!!??
    IMHO there is no way the Jacare beat Tim in a UD ending to that fight!!! Kennedy landed more stirkes through out the fight and was either 2 for 3 or 3 for 4 on his TD's! And " the alligator did...
  40. Lashley or King Mo
    both guys lost for the first time in their careers, and now both have to pick themselves up and go back up the ladder. mo clearly is the more seasoned fighter at this point, so his fall is farther,...
  41. KJ Noons and King Mo use Compressed Oxygen at Strikeforce
    http://www.lowkick.com/Strikeforce/Illegal-Substances-used-in-StrikeForce-Houston-event-9647 Did not see this posted yet here. I thought it very interesting. What do fighters and fans think of this?...
  42. What's next for Takanori Gomi?
    I've been wondering what the UFC has in store for Takanori Gomi. Many people I know believe he got lucky with that punch. It's called "one punch' knockout power people. But who do you think should...
  43. Compilation of Interesting MMA Facts
    I don't know how many of these are true but they don't seem so far fetched that it wasn't worthy of being posted. I'm leery of the electric fence and alligator moat, but Zane Frazier kicking Frank...
  44. Jorge Santiago talks about his FOTY Candidacy
    So i found an interview, where Jorge Santiago talks about his fight with Kazuo Misaki at Sengoku 14 this past saturday, what many people call FOTY. Back and forth 25 min fight, well 24 mins and 30...
  45. FOTY So Far
    Ok so we got 4 months left in 2010 and had alot of sick fights, but only few come to mind. so made a poll for you guys to vote. My pick obvioslly santiago/misaki. Lets see yours
  46. Who punches harder, James Toney or Randy Couture?
    Interesting video... Randy is actually superhuman!! Link
  47. Dan " Hendo" Henderson vs Renato "Babalu" Sobral Discussion.
    Not sure when the fight is taking place but at Strikeforce Houston they announced that Dan Henderson would be fighting Renato Babalu Sobral in a Middleweight bout. Dan Henderson (25-8-0) Loss Jake...
  48. Overeem vs Aleks rumor
    twitter Found this halfway down the page on BloodyElbow.com.....could be a really good fight! However with Werdum on the backburner, K-1 GP coming this fall/winter I am not sure when he could fit in...
  49. who don't you want to see beat a fighter?
    losing a fight is bad, however depending on who the fighter lost to makes it that much worse. Who is a guy that you just could not stomach seeing your favorite fighter ( or just any fighter you like)...
  50. Jones vs Rampage
    Would anyone else wanna see this fight? I think if Rampage loses his next fight against Lyoto Machida and Jones wins his next it would be a perfect step up. I could see him winning the fight too,...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174