General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Razor Rob Can't Catch A Break
    July 9th's Tachi Palace Fights will be Razor Rob McCullough's first fight out of the WEC in almost four years. Apparently, having a huge name to add to their card has left the promotion unfazed. They...
  2. Triple threat Match
    With claims Former WWE star Dave Batista has signed with Strikeforce, imagine the first triple threat MMA match against Brock Lesnar V Bobby Lashley V Dave Batista. Who would win, Whoever gets the...
  3. Most exciting fighter
    Who is the most entertaining fighter in your opinion? To me the Ice man takes it for his knock out or nowadays get knocked out mentelity,You?
  4. P4P as we know it will change!
    by Jason Kelly You can be positive after Saturday nights Strikeforce event the top 10 P4P (pound-for-pound) list in everyone’s mind will change, Fedor Emelianenko losing to Fabricio Werdum a week...
  5. Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velazquez?
    I see this matchup becoming very possible after Dos Santos' match at UFC 117 against Roy Nelson(I hope to god he beats the Burger King out of "Big Country"). But then again, Cain Velazquez is...
  6. Impact FC 2 time/channel
    I've heard dates of July 9, July 10, July 18th...whats the actual date for the event and what channel will it be on?
  7. DREAM 15 To Air LIVE In US On HDNet
    Word just came out that HDNet will air DREAM 15 live in the US on July 10. It's a 3 AM ET/Midnight PT start time. So far the card has Aoki-Kawajiri for the DREAM LW Title and the MWGP Opening Round....
  8. ESPN said Fedor vs. Werdum was a UFC PPV broadcast
    Looks like Dana was right, Fedor would lose if he fought in the UFC. The greatest thing about being on a constant loop in the dorm room of every college student is that ESPN has the power to change...
  9. MMA fighter dies after fight
    MMA fighter fell unconscious after a fight and died in the following days...
  10. Luke Rockhold fighting on Strikeforce Aug. 21 in Houston
    Havent seen it anywhere else yet. But it was on his facebook so im assuming its true. Luke Rockhold's Facebook
  11. California State University, Bakersfield to Host MMA
    In an effort to save the wrestling team CSU-Bakersfield will be hosting a 10 bout MMA competition that will double as a fundraiser for the wrestling team. Ex-UFC fighter and CSU-Bakersfield alumni,...
  12. It"s NOT Over for Fedor
    Fedor Emelianenko suffered his first defeat on Saturday June 26 2010 which will be viewed as more than just a loss; everyone will have their own opinion influencing other people’s opinions, in the...
  13. Jorge Santiago
    So i was looking at the new rankings today to see who would be number 1 since Fedor lost to Werdum, and as i glanced through most of the rankings i went through them all and see jorge santiago is a...
  14. The new "Gracie Hunter"?
    It seems that Matt Hughes is taking after Kazushi Sakuraba. Already defeating two of the biggest names in the Gracie Family and in MMA. Is Matt Hughes taking the role as the "Gracie Hunter" of...
  15. Donations Being Taken For MIchael Kirkham's Family
    Junkie just posted details: As the South Carolina Athletic Commission conducts an inquiry into the death of MMA fighter Michael Kirkham, the trainer of his opponent is attempting to raise money for...
  16. Did Lesnar's win solidify him as the number 1 HW or hinder his approach to the top?
    Lesnar won. No one can argue with that fact, but did his win do more for his reputation or allow his critics to pick holes in his reputation as a fighter? Cases can be made for both sides of the...
  17. Was UFC 116 The Best Card Ever??
    I think UFC 116 was the best card the UFC had there was so many exciting fights on this card like leben or Stephan Bonnar and also some nice submissions and what about gerald harris's ko slam. It was...
  18. Nazareno Malegarie
    I was scouring through Sherdog when I found featherweight fighter, Nazareno Malegarie Undefeated 18 wins 0 losses. So is this a fighter who is just facing amateurs with no skill. Or do we have a...
  19. MMA History What would MMA be like if 1: UFC 1
    New thing i'm going to do, untill i get negative reviews or something. I was wondering what your opinions would be if certain things in MMA hadn't happened, or had different consequences, Beggining...
  20. Fantasy Fights!!!!
    I have awesome fantasy fights that would hopefully happen one day in UFC !
  21. Fight Trilogys You wanna see....
    Because of K SOS and Bonnars recent fights(both of which were amazing) I was wondering which fighter trilogys you would wanna see.
  22. Which trilogy would you like to watch again rematch ??
    I would like to see any of these
  23. Something I've Always Wondered About Joe Rogan
    Why doesn't the UFC let this guy go during their events? Rogan is one of the funniest dudes ever and they curb him. I get that it's two different things, calling fights and comedy, but they could...
  24. HW GP Seeding
    I want to get a Playground Fantasy HW GP going, so seed your top HWs 1-12 and I will tally them up so we can get it underway! 1. Brock vs 12. Brett Rodgers 2. Fedor vs 11. Big Foot 3. Cain vs 10...
  25. Australia Athletic Commission Won't Allow Filho To Fight On Both Impact FC Cards
    If you called it, raise your hand. Realizing that chronically unreliable personal demon chaser Paulo Filho will do well to make it to one of his scheduled July Impact Fighting Championship bouts, the...
  26. Dream Fight: BJ Penn vs Gilbert Melendez
    I started having problems with an Aldo and Penn matchup, BJ would be too heavy and would smother him. However, Melendez is a big dude for a lightweight. His striking capability can matchup against...
  27. MMA PLAYGROUND HW TOURNEY!!!!
    Assume each fighter had a full training camp to prepare and they where all at 100% health. List your winners of just the first round. I wasn't thinking and only asked for top 12 seeds when I needed...
  28. DREAM 15 Weigh-Ins Results
    The weigh-ins were held earlier today, results from SportsNavi (sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight): Apparently Jake O'Brien needs more time to make weight or missed the first time, he's trying right now....
  29. Could/should Fedor cut to 205?
    im sure this has already been talked about but didn't he weigh in at only 225? i have seen articles toying with this idea, but i am just curious to see how many people think it would be good for him....
  30. Two great vids of Rogan....in a non UFC format
    Just a couple of videos of Rogan talking about Lesnar, Leben, Akiyama, Bonnar and Kimbo. After seeing the 2 other threads about how "we" percieve Joe as the UFC color comentator. I wanted to post...
  31. Canseco BEAT by a 60 YR old boxer!!
    I love this to death. I hate Jose to no end for using his "knowledge" to undermind his pro sports brethren!! and having this happen is the best thing too happen in a long time. Proves canseco is a...
  32. Manhoef vs Mizuno
    This fight is the very reason why I now hate cages. Melvin's head was wedged underneath the corner pad, and there was no where for him to scramble out of the position he was in. That was a dreadful...
  33. Shinya Aoki Has A Message For The Haters Post-DREAM 15
    And he's starting to sound like a Junie Browning or War Machine. "When I caught (Kawajiri) and tried to submit him, I heard a loud crackle sound. He did not tap so I thought 'Ok, this match just...
  34. Funny Marc Laimon vs Robert Drysdale Video
    Robert Drysdale and Marc Laimon battle...Star Wars style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0WYk1KBdc
  35. MMAPlayground HW Tourney RD 2
    All fighters are 100% healthly with full training camps. Vote only on round 2. Brock Lesnar vs Fabricio Werdum Cain Velasquez vs Frank Mir Alistar Overeem vs Shane Carwin Fedor vs JDS Brock Cain...
  36. What was the biggest upset in mma so far...
    Since Fedor lost to Werdum Ive been hearing lots of people saying that it was the biggest upset in mma, I disagree I would say there are a couple others that would be considered just as big of an...
  37. Which main event would beat Liddell-Ortiz's money gate?
    MMAjunkie.com posted the statistics for UFC 116 and how much a gate was drawn. Heres the top Five in UFC history: 1.UFC 66 (Liddell vs. Ortiz II): $5,397,300 gate (13,761 attendance) 2.UFC 91...
  38. Backstage: Helwani and Rogan
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/14/backstage-with-joe-rogan/
  39. Ten can't-miss MMA fights for the second half of 2010
    Not yet fully fleshed out, the fight calendar for the back half of 2010 already reads like a best-of list. While this is sure to get augmented as promoters update their schedules for the remainder of...
  40. Fueling The Cain Train: Five Reasons Velasquez Can Beat Brock Lesnar
    Certain factors of a fighter's game can play a part in the outcome of a fight. f a fighter improves in the standup, it can give him an edge over his opponent — especially if his opponent's striking...
  41. bellator tournement rankings
    according to fightmatrix.com hw tourney 1.Damian Grabowski . 2.Rogent Lloret 3.neil grove 4.eddie sanchez 5.mike hayes 6.scott barrett 7.Hae Joon Yang 8.cole konrad womens tourny 1.Megumi fugi...
  42. Top 10 WWE Superstars Who Could Make Waves in MMA
    What do you guys think of the stars on the list? Link to the possible future
  43. Impact FC 2 Weigh-Ins Results
    Results: Everyone made weight, but if you placed a bet on something happening involving Paulo Filho, cash in. He missed weight by one pound the first time, but he didn't weigh in until 20 minutes...
  44. Ken Shamrock vs Pedro Rizzo
    this fight is happening tonite in Australia Impact Fighting Championship who will win???
  45. Quinton Jackson vs Mauricio Rua
    hopefully this fight will happen in the ufc but i know its happened in pride fc
  46. the true warrior enters the arena
    heres a zaromskis highlight i made.i know hes coming off 2 hard loses and hasnt looked that good lately but hes still an exciting fighter who deserves some spotlight.i hope everyone enjoys it....
  47. Anyone know the results from Corey Hill and Kit Cope's fight?
    I'm looking all over and I can't find an updated results list... Props to anyone who can find me one.
  48. MMAPlayground HW Tourney Rd3
    Sorry It took so long to get up. As always Full Camp and 100% Health. Only Vote on this round. Brock vs Overeem Fedor Vs Cain My Winners: Overeem Cain
  49. WEC: Aldo vs. Faber On DVD Today
    Well, if 45 bucks was too steep for you, how about $12.99? That's what it will run you to pick up a DVD copy of the epic WEC 48 pay-per-view event that featured Jose Aldo vs. Urijah Faber headlining...
  50. Sly Talks Couture, Expendables On Letterman
    Yo, Adrian! Seems Stallone thinks The Natural is the real deal. As he told David Letterman: "Someone asked me, 'You put all these tough guys, Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li, in a room together, who comes...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175