General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Tito Ortiz Fired From UFC
    Does anyone know if Tito Ortiz has been released or fired from the UFC? I was without TV and internet for 2 months and missed some things.
  2. Weekend Recap: Filho Wins, Bennett Loses, Ishii DQ'd
    Paulo Filho picked up a win at heavyweight, Olympian Satoshi Ishii dominated an exhibition fight that initially resulted in a disqualification (but later was overturned to a no-contest), and Charles...
  3. Quinton Rampage Jackson
    Cool link talkin bout Rampage, I agree with most of it, is Rampage still with us???????? http://www.mmareligion.com/site2/?p=672
  4. ranking for fighters outside of UFC/WEC
    There are not too many quality fighters outside Zuffa (UFC & WEC). Here is how I see Top 10 fighters ranking without Zuffa fighters. Fighter - Score - Promo 1. Fedor Emelianenko - 731.4 - Strikeforce...
  5. AWESOME UFC 115 ARTICLE
    I thought this article was so cool, all about canada and ufc, very very good. http://www.mmareligion.com/site2/?p=679
  6. Funny Cro Cop moments from the press conference
    CroCop says Pat Barry might stare through a window for 2 years if he loses and he lands a high kick. He'll have a nurse at his side. CroCop says he's going to give Pat Barry at least one autograph,...
  7. Bellator 21 results
    link Pat Curran def. Toby Imada via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) Megumi Fujii def. Sarah Schneider via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 1:58 Mike Hayes def. Steve Banks via unanimous decision...
  8. MMA Hall Of Famer To Admit Steroid Use Tonight On "Inside MMA"
    At least according to Mania via a press release HDNet put out ahead of tonight's episode, which will feature Dennis Hallman, Pat Barry and Renato Sobral among others. No word yet on who this user is....
  9. Who would you like to see in another TUF "Comeback" Season?
    I was bored and just thinking about how TUF could probably pull another "Comeback" season due to the return of David "The Crow" Loiseau. So then I compilled this list of possible MW contenders, (#-#)...
  10. What did you think Rory Macdonald?
    I tought Rory was really impressive in the first and second rounds. I tought he looked like a young gsp. He did a good job even if is a lose. He will be back in the ufc.
  11. Chuck thoughts
    Chuck got dropped by a clipping blow, certainly not the hardest shot hes ever eaten, and im thinking this might be the end of the road for one of my favorite fighters ever. i dont care if you post...
  12. Pat Curran
    The guy is a great up and coming fighter and has been very impressive so far in Bellator. With wins over Richi, Roger Huerta, and Toby Imada he's launched himself very close to top 10 in a very short...
  13. Strikeforce: Los Angeles weigh-in photos
    link with pics Babalu never looked so in shape...I hope he makes this a permanant move, or if he does go back to LHW he puts on some quality pounds! Babalu FTW!!
  14. EA mma hands on video. Fedor vs Overeem (live from E3)
    The game seems to be coming along rather nice based from this video of in game playing. Still seems to have some bugs but i'm certainly looking foward to trying it myself....
  15. 10 Surefire MMA Prospects to Keep an Eye on
    Link
  16. Hackleman says Chuck should Quit
    http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/16/1522089/chuck-liddells-trainer-heartbroken
  17. Miguel Torres On Twitter Last Night
    Apparently twittering on Cyborgs and...Cubs?
    Pages: 2
  18. Do you wanna see Chuck fight again?
    Just wondering if you want to see Chuck fight again, I know this is a late post but I didnt see any post that had a poll whether or not you want to see Chuck back in the cage. If he does come back it...
  19. UFC and Bellator
    Would you guys like to see the UFC scrap The Ultimate Fighter on Spike and possibly buy Bellator. I think the UFC could use the Bellator system as a weekly fight showcase on ESPN. The prize for each...
  20. Ben Askren is amazing.
    What do you all think of him? 6-0 and that was one of the most dominating displays I've seen in a while. He pulled some **** I've never seen before in America with that super tight bodylock and GSP...
  21. Sengoku 13 Weigh-Ins Results
    Results from today in Tokyo: Everyone made weight. Masanori Kanehara (65.7kg/144.8lb) vs. Marlon Sandro (65.7kg/144.8lb) Hiroshi Izumi (92.5kg/204lb) vs. Chang Seob Lee (92.2kg/203.3lb) Yasubey...
  22. Who are some of your emotional fighters?
    Who are some of the fighters that you watch and and get emotional during their fights? Here are mine Wanderlei Silva: He is the nicest guy in the world and goes in to please the audience as much as...
  23. WEC 49 Weigh-Ins Results
    Results: Everyone made weight. Karen Darabedyan (155.6) vs. Will Kerr (155) Wagnney Fabiano (135.5) vs. Frank Gomez (135.5) Bendy Casimir (145.5) vs. Erik Koch (145.5) Rafael Assuncao (144.5) vs....
  24. sonnen is screwed, steven seagal trains anderson to murder
    the video starts out in portuguese but it gets english pretty quick it is insane, seagal is a beast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQw9fJ9CKk
  25. Who can stop Anderson Silva?
    Anderson Silva, why haven't we given him a challenge in his MMA career. I mean, the only person I can remember giving him a difficult timewas Dan Henderson. But Silva has defeated the elite fighters...
  26. Shalorus vs. Varner Decision
    This thread seems obligatory. 29-27 28-28 27-29 How did you score the fight?
  27. Manny, Grispi, or Hominick?
    Who do you think should get the next shot at 145? Manny beat the former champ and seemed to be the odds on fav for the next shot. Until his fight with Brown he had not looked that impressive in the...
  28. Dream Match: Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos vs Megumi Fujii (Open Weight Fight)
    Now, its very unlikely for dream matches to feature female combatants. However, these two fighters would put on a show of striking vs grappling. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos: Strikeforce Womens...
  29. RUMOR: WWE's Latest export into MMA is.....
    Dave Batista... LINKAGE He's confirmed it via a video on TMZ.. So looks like Batista Vs. Bobby Lashley then.. With Batista being 40+ surely this is not a great career move. THe 'alleged' steriod...
  30. Hella Sick New UFC poll !!!!
    now 4 the big 1s :) new and improved fights!!!!!
  31. FightMetric scores WEC 49 'Varner vs Shalorus' controversial draw
    And would it surprise you to see who they list as the winner? Check it out after the jump. LINK
  32. Your Dream Fight Card
    What would be the ultimate MMA fight card? You can do cross-organization fights so post em' up and gve opinions on mine and others! :D Oh and you can do open-weight matches too! I know the...
  33. TUF Veteran John Kolosci Signs One-Fight Deal With Bellator
    link John Kolosci hoped his latest victory would propel him back to another shot with a major promotion, and it appears that it has. Kolosci, a veteran of Season 6 of "The Ultimate Fighter," told...
  34. Scott Jorgensen vs. Brad Pickett targeted for WEC 50 main card
    link As the WEC bantamweight belt is contested in the night's main event, the next 135-pound title contender could be determined on the same card when Scott Jorgensen (10-3 MMA, 6-2 WEC) meets Brad...
  35. Joe Rogan
    After all these years, what do you really think of Joe Rogan?
  36. *vid* Check out the 8 second KO of the Night from V3 Fights in Memphis, TN last weekend!!
    | V3 Fights: KO of the Night | V3 Fights Lightweight Title fight ended quickly and in a devastating fashion!
  37. The Best MMA Forum?
    I have to say this is the best forum I belong to, I am registered to about 30 mma forums and the other members seem not as educated as they do on this site. People are opinionated and say things to...
  38. Bored
    I am very bored so i thought id come up with 20 fights and would like you to pick who you think would win. This is if the matchups were tomorow and not in the fighters prime or anything like that....
  39. Marlon Sandro's KTFO Of The Year At SRC 13
    KTFO Of The Year! Full video of Sandro-Masanori Kanehara (Japanese broadcast): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HynKnQBEoQk&feature=player_embedded
  40. Here Comes Fedor.....and Strikeforce
    By Jason Kelly Strikeforce is in the usual San Jose this Saturday and they’re giving us arguably the P4P best fighter in the world, Fedor Emelianenko, who will be fighting an opponent I don’t believe...
  41. Fertitta's Federal Indictment May Quell Thoughts of UFC Union
    MMA fans and the MMA media talked extensively this month about the possibility of fighters in the UFC joining together to form a union. Lost in this story? The fact that the Fertitta family has a...
  42. MMA: History Will Be Made
    got a little bored and thought id be creative. if you watched the stanley cup playoffs in 2010, you will remember those commercials they did. the history will be made ones. thoughts i would make...
  43. Women's KTFO Of The Year: Zolia Frausto At Bellator 23 Last Night
    A big knee and a nice Force Push right afterwards. http://www.mmaplayground.com/mma-videos/video/bellator-23-zolia-frausto-ko-of-rosi-sexton-6626.html Very impressive, when Sexton got pushed down and...
  44. SF Fedor vs. Werdum Weigh-Ins Results
    Results: Derrick Burnsed has missed weight. He has 2 hours to lose 3/4 pound. Chris Cope vs. Ron Keslar is now catchweight at 175. (Update: Burnsed has now made weight) TV fights: Fedor Emelianenko...
  45. Is Fedor "indestructible"?
    It seems in some of his matches, Fedor Emelianenko seems invincible and untouchable in his prime. Spanning a streak of over 25 wins so far, he had dominated the entire heavyweight division. With...
  46. Wow. Fedor loses.
    Do I see it happening again? No. Werdum just got a lucky sub. However, Fedor needed this. In his last interviews, I have picked up on an narcissistic attitude and almost God like. Now that hes...
    Pages: 2 3
  47. MMA Shockers
    I had to make this post after the biggest shock in MMA history Fedor LOSES !!!! Take a few moments to stink that in... So am I the only one who thinks 2010 is the year of upsets First Bj Penn then...
  48. Best KO/TKO aftermath so far?
    A fighter getting KTFO is always a highlight in fights but which one has been so GNarly that their face will be on front page of MMA articles for years to come. Heres my top 5 : 1) Even tho Im a...
  49. Fedor is still top of the list....
    Okay Fedor lost, big deal!!!!! If you fight in this game long enough your going to eventually get caught, it doesnt matter who you are or how amazing of a fighter you are, you will eventually get...
  50. Joe Warren vs Pitbull
    Just watched the fight. I can't believe that Joe Warren won that fight. I guess I could see an argument under the 10 point must system for him winning a decision, but thats even worse. The whole...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174