General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Strikeforce Notebook: Kid Yamamoto, 'Jacare' Souza Fights Targeted
    link * Japanese star Kid Yamamoto is expected to make his Strikeforce debut on May 15 against Federico Lopez. The fight is not officially signed, but sources say it is close. The fight would be...
  2. wtf?????? WWE comes to Strikeforce (No spoilers)
    So who else just saw what I saw? Mayhem? Shields? Cabbage vs Tank all over again.
    Pages: 2
  3. MMA lately....
    This is getting absolutely ridiculous. I thought title fights were suppose to be the most looked forward too and most prestigious and greatest fights on an organization's card? How come lately it...
  4. Post Strike Force Nashville (potential spoiler!)
    So about the brawl following henderson vs sheilds... did anybody see what happened clearly? They cut the live feed for part of it but i saw the replay and this is how i saw it go down: Miller walks...
  5. End to the hype train?(spoiler I guess maybe even though its over?)
    I dont know if I can post this yet but the events over and I don't know why you'd get on an mma forum anyway if you don't want to talk about mma fights that just happened. but anyway did tonight...
  6. MMA rules changes...
    After tonight I feel like their could be a lot of good changes in MMA. Like for the Mo/Gegard fight. Why can't you upkick a downed opponent? That's ridiculous too me since I think it's more dangerous...
  7. EA SPORTS MMA Game
    They Showed a lot of game play tonight, what did you think. To me, it looked a little stiff. What game "looks" better as of now?
  8. Miller's mis-step at Strikeforce
    On a night of good fights and no bad stoppages or controversy. Jason Miller choose a bad time to start clamoring for a title shot. Sheild just got finishing tossing around Hendo like no one else has...
  9. One promotion is best
    I felt this for a while, but I haven't said anything since SF hadn't given me any reason. I believe that having one huge promotion, like the UFC, is the best way to go. All of the other promotions,...
  10. Strikeforce....who's next?
    Without turning this into a big ordeal over the brawl after the fights (there are plenty of threads on that already so please leave it out if at all possible)......who thinks they know what the next...
  11. CBS Statement?
    I'm sorry if this info has already been posted. I'm looking for a statement from or any info about the reaction CBS execs had/have after the Mayhem debacle. I'm sure whatever it is wont be good, but...
  12. What Does Future Hold for Strikeforce, MMA on Network TV?
    In retrospect, it was probably a poor choice of words. "Sometimes these things happen in MMA," said CBS play-by-play man Gus Johnson. By "these things," he apparently meant post-fight brawls like the...
  13. Jim Ross' thoughts on Strikeforce and more...
    It's a rainy weekend here in Norman, Oklahoma and the talk of the town is the OKC Thunder who play the LA Lakers later today in game one of their NBA playoff series. The grill's hot so let's start...
  14. Cesar Gracie's Response to the Brawl
    I'm not surprised by his fighters actions after reading this article. http://mmajunkie.com/news/18789/cesar-gracie-says-reaction-to-strikeforce-nashville-brawl-is-overblown-hypocritical.mma
  15. Jake Shields in the UFC???
    Just wondering how far you guys think Shields would make it in the UFC as a WW. Let me know what you think of him in the MW division as well.
  16. Who's The #1 Lightweight Now After Saturday?
    There surely has to be some shaking up of the rankings with what's happened the last 2 weeks-Edgar upsetting Penn and Melendez thoroughly dominating Aoki. If I were ranking them I think I could make...
  17. Valentijn Overeem vs Tengiz Tedoradze (video)
    PFC fight from this weekend...don't blink! Video
  18. Junior Assuncao vs. Luiz Azeredo official for "Worlds Collide: Mayorga vs. Thomas"
    While a recent press-conference dust-up between main-eventers Ricardo Mayorga and Din Thomas has garnered headlines this past weekend, the upstart Shine Fights promotion remains busy filling out the...
  19. WEC's Garcia says Jung offers "perfect matchup" for exciting fight at "Aldo vs. Faber"
    With the WEC's first pay-per-view broadcast just days away, the mixed martial arts world is focused on the tantalizing main event of "Aldo vs. Faber," which takes place Saturday night in Sacramento,...
  20. UFC Baba O'Riley Montage (quality video)
    I posted a camcorder copy of this HL a couple of years back, but I've come across a pretty decent copy, so I thought I would share. If you've never been to a live UFC event before, one of the best...
  21. Dana White: It's time to get Jake Shields in the UFC
    Dana White: It's time to get Jake Shields in the UFC Dana White confirmed today his interest in seeing Strikeforce middleweight champion fighting in the UFC.
  22. Dana White Punishing Nate Diaz
    What do you think about Nate Diaz fighting in the brawl at Strikeforce? In my opinion the guy was wrong for coming in the cage like that, but he didnt need to be jumped by 7 guys. Nate Diaz being 1...
  23. Kid Yamamoto Fighting In SF On 5/15?
    Possibly. And we won't get to see it. There was a time, not too long ago, when Norifumi Yamamoto was considered to be far-and-away the world's best fighter under 155 pounds. His star-making run in...
  24. CFX - Mayhem in Minneapolis
    link FIGHT CARD Matchups: Travis Wiuff vs. Jeff Monson Gideon Ray vs. Derrick Noble Brock Larson vs. Brian Green Shana Olsen vs. Yoko Takahashi Isaiah Larson vs. Brendan Seguin Matt Delanoit vs. Ray...
  25. UFC Undisiputed 2010 career mode walkthrough
    link Sweet Video!
  26. UWC 8 Set For 5/22 In DC Area
    Washington D.C. (April 21, 2010) - UWC® 8 JUDGEMENT DAY is coming! Ultimate Warrior Challenge (UWC) founder and CEO S. Marcello Foran announced that the east coast's professional MMA leader is...
  27. "Strikeforce: Nashville" medical suspensions issued to all fighters, six get extended layoffs
    link Lengthier suspensions went to: Tim Stout: suspended 60 days with no contact for 60 days due to facial lacerations Chris Hawk: suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary...
  28. How many PPV buys will WEC 48 get?
    Just in your opinion.
  29. Shinya Aoki to train with Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu:
    link 4) Cesar Gracie accepts Aoki Shinya's request to train at Team Graciefighter. Invites more Japanese fighters to make the trip.
  30. War Machine to make UK debut
    link War Machine, the mixed martial artist formerly known as Jon Koppenhaver, is signed to make his UK debut with a May 15th fight against another UFC veteran, Zach Light. The fight will take place...
  31. The evolution of MMA fighters (my take)
    A thought came to me the other day and it had to do with the success of MMA fighters over the short history of MMA. I divided MMA fighters into three categories, but will stick to UFC only fighters...
  32. Masvidal, Kotani and Mills Miss Weight for ASTRA
    link TOKYO, Japan -- Jorge Masvidal, his opponent Naoyuki Kotani,and Che Mills all came in overweight ahead of Sunday's ASTRA event to be held at the Nippon Budokan. All fighters will have another...
  33. Whats the 2nd most important fight in UFC history?
    Well we all know that the single most important fight in UFC history and maybe even MMA history is Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonnar. So I was just curious as to which fight you guys think is right...
  34. WWE's Dave Batista Training In MMA
    Will Batista be the next big thing? Batista v. Brock Lesnar would be interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l0dXJTN524
  35. Faber's Leg
    Here is a twitter pic Faber took of his leg a second ago.
  36. Aldo/Faber Fightmetric
    link Always interesting to see the stats.
  37. Jung vs Garcia results
    IMO, Jung got jacked. I think he clearly should have won that fight on the scorecards at the very least 29-28. I haven't looked at the fight metric yet, but i'm confident he landed more clean shots...
  38. Inside MMA
    Does anyone have a link for the latest episode? PLZ and thenk you
  39. Fabers Leg
    Fabers leg Via FB The link works for me but I got it from a UFC news site I'm a fan of not sure if it will work for everyone. Let me know.
  40. Will the UFC ever implement a 145lbs division?
    What do you guys think good or bad idea? Personally I think its a bad idea I mean it does add an exciting division to the UFC, however will the addition of this division it would make the UFC to...
  41. Paul Daley vs Dan Hardy
    Who would win if Paul Daley and Dan Hardy Fought and why?
  42. Bellator 16 Weigh-In Results
    For those who missed it...as usual someone on the prelim card had to miss weight... Middleweight Tournament: Bryan Baker (185.5) vs. Sean Loeffler (186) Alexander Shlemenko (184.5) vs. Matt Major...
  43. Does anyone else listen to, "It's Time! w/Bruce Buffer" ?
    This is a great podcast with Bruce Buffer and TJ Desantis (Sherdog). I've listened to numerous podcasts and this is the only one that has me hooked. Buffer is kind of a cheeser but it's a great show...
  44. Fedor no longer top ten?!?!?!
    Here are a list of fighters i believe would beat Fedor if they were to fight tommorow..... Brock - easy win for lesnar. WAY to big. Would look like what he did to Mir Carwin - See above. JDS - i...
  45. MMA Title Fights
    I consider the major organizations as Ufc, Wec, Strikeforce and Dream. In the month of april they have had 9 title fights combined. 8 of those 9 fights have gone to a decision. With the lone...
  46. Joe Rogan vs The Voice
    Great interview with Rogan. He talks about every topic in MMA and leaves no stone unturned. He even discusses Brock VS Fedor! Anyways,great way to pass an hour. Here's the link....
  47. UK UFC Fans we have a question only you can answer.
    We are having a discussion in another thread about Mike Bisping. There is some question as to weather or not he is still the poster boy for MMA and the UFC in the UK. Your help would be apperciated.
  48. Mark Coleman Vs. Ken Shamrock Possible For IFC: Australia
    link Josh Barnett announced this week that he would be fighting on the card against Brazilian Geronimo dos Santos and MMANews.com has learned of another potential match up for the card down under. A...
  49. Ricco Rodriguez KO Of Travis Fulton Saturday Night
    Here Comes The BOOM!!
  50. P4P on MMA Playground
    I was looking at the pound for pound rankings on this site and people have Brock Lesnar in the top 10 pound 4 pound. Now this is baffling to me, Brock Lesnar is a great figher but to be top 10??? His...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175