General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Solution for accidental groin strikes
    Just watched the Barnett/Mo fight from last night. Barnett is too much. If you haven't watched it, go to the video section...and watch the whole thing.
  2. Possible reason for Sherdog credentials being pulled?
    Just got done reading about "Fighting Politics", the story of Matt Lindland. Apparently it just got released on DVD and the folks over at Sherdog had plenty of talk time in the movie. MMA Payout has...
  3. FYI - If you don't subscribe to Showtime, you can still watch the Strikeforce Challengers card this weekend...
    Showtime is offering a free preview starting Thursday. I have the DVR set to record it! LAVAR JOHNSON VS LOLOHEA MAHE ABONGO HUMPHREY VS GEORGE BUSH III LUKE STEWART VS ANDRE GALVAO ZOILA FRAUSTO VS...
  4. Alves can't fight....What!!!
    So I guess Alves had a cat scan saying that he cant fight saturday against Fitch because of an irregulary in his brain. Now this really sucks, its defiently better safe than sorry incase Alves gets...
  5. Question to whomever attended a UFC event
    I bought tickets for UFC112 via website. I will be arriving to Abu Dhabi the same day of the event. My question is, will it be possible for me to collect the tickets on the gate just before...
  6. Prime Arlovski v.s. Junior Dos Santos
    I pick Arlovski
  7. Schilt UFC
    I was watching Semmy Schilt a little and know he's made HW before. I'm curious anyone else think he would've been champ back in the Timmy days 2004-2007 I mean the only threats back the were Arlovski...
  8. Secondary League Question
    i was wonderin if we're able to pick any of Bellator's event this season"..i won't mind pickin their cards..
  9. Is John Fitch the most under appreciated fighter in the UFC?
    I'v just watched the UFC post fight press conference and this is bugging the crap out of me. Fitch is 12-1 in the UFC, he gave GSP the fight of his career, he's beaten top competition, his last two...
    Pages: 2
  10. Jack's Rant-3/28/10
    hey all...plenty to rant on First, last weekends Versus event was great. Dos Santos is a monster(loved the headbutt to the top of the octagonBTW) and since Carwin looks to be headed toward Lesnar in...
  11. Maia vs Palhares????
    Just was thinking about what would happen if these two fought in the UFC. What do you guys think
  12. Lombard Draws Filho in Bellator Super Fight May 13
    link Bellator Fighting Championships middleweight titleholder Hector Lombard will collide with former World Extreme Cagefighting champion Paulo Filho in a non-title matchup on May 13, the...
  13. Mousasi, I found this on ufc.com forum lol
    I dont believe it to be true but hope it is but highly doubt it. This is not my quote , I noticed it on ufc.com forum again this isnt me saying it so please dont attack me lol I posted it because it...
  14. Is Florian a Gatekeeper?????
    Just wondering what everyone thinks about Florian. Obviously he is an awesome fighter but is he turning into the Fitch of the Lightweight division???? Do you think that there is any way he will get a...
  15. Roy Nelson WTF question
    Someone said in the post "where is big country in the mix" that Roy Nelson beat Frank Mir in submission grappling??? How did that happen? When? ANy video? Is that really true? I heard that and was...
  16. Fedor Emelianenko - Is he still relevant?
    Now before you go crazy, please take time to consider the points. This is another column written by a friend of mine, and he is very intelligent and very experienced when It comes to MMA, and...
  17. Roy Nelson vs Minotauro
    I think this would be a slick match up for both fighters. Do you think their ground game would cancel each other out? thoughts?
  18. Five Miss Weight for M-1 Selection in Atlantic City
    link Friday, April 02, 2010 by Sherdog.com Staff 23628 Five fighters missed their marks and accrued minor fines at the weigh-ins on Friday for M-1 Global’s first U.S. “Selection” event, according to...
  19. K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 in Yokohama Results
    link Main Card: Sergei Lascenko def. Takumi Sato by unanimous decision (30-29, 30-29, 30-28) Gohkan Saki def. Singh Jaideep by unanimous decision 30-27, 30-28, 30-28) Jerome Le Banner def. Tyrone...
  20. Dan “Hendo” Henderson Video Blog
    LINK
  21. Cage entrance at UFC 75
    Okay, so I was watching UFC 75 on Spike, and the cage entrance song for "Rampage" Jackson was a different song than the one on PPV. Did anyone see the fight on Spike? The song on Spike is more...
  22. Shinya Aoki Sans Stretchy Pants
    Although the background is black so it's hard to tell how long his "SF shorts" really are:
  23. Renzo Gracie: Great FIghter, Greater Interview
    Just finished listening to a good 45+ minute interview with Renzo on last night's episode of Pro MMA Radio, and all I can say is this guy is another Bas Rutten-and I mean that in a very good way....
  24. Winner of Koscheck/Daley to coach opposite of BJ Penn for new TUF season
    MMA BAY Bet the UFC didn't want this to get out before the title defense
  25. Curious as to why Edgar got the title shot....
    Hey I dont know about any of you guys but I am curious as to why Edgar got a title shot over Maynard here's why: Edgar 6-1 in UFC with notable wins over Tyson Griffin, Sean Sherk and Hermes France,...
  26. Bellator Fighting Championships 13 Predictions
    My predictions for Bellator Fighting Championships 13: Huerta defeats Hinton via TKO - Hinton is tough and undefeated, but he's a 38 year old MMA newcomer in way over his head. Vanier defeats...
  27. Showdown Fights presents Josh Burkman vs. Jake Paul
    The Showdown Fights Full card Josh Burkman vs. Jake Paul main event Brandon Melendez vs. JT Taylor co main event Brandon Plohen vs. Ryan Wong Lee Doss vs. Jeff Rutherford Ramsey Nijem vs. Erik Uresk...
  28. Hans Stringer interview
    promising Dutch light heavyweight prospect, believes he's ready for the big time, just trained with Wanderlei.. Those are the highlights. Full interview here: Hans Stringer Interview
  29. The Return of Roger "El Matador" Huerta
    I know the fight was last night but I Just found a great interview with the guy.. "Huerta will be making his promotional debut after a very successful run in the UFC. He is excited about the...
  30. Greatest "Pros Pick" Ever
    This was on Sherdogs Pros Picks for Gracie vs Hughes.... Robin Black - Renzo Gracie by some submission not yet named. It will involve a choke, a kneebar and an omoplata simultaneously. It'll be so...
  31. BJ vs Hughes 3 FTW ?
    Si I mean, I would really like to see BJ just get back in the LW mix as he has talked about moving up because of lack of competition. And now he has a loss to avenge. Not to mention I love his...
  32. P4P fighter?
    Whos the best P4P fighter now, considering Anderson won on a lackluster UD, and GSp won on a dominant UD. I believe that GSP is the best P4P fighter and I always have thought that GSP is the best and...
  33. Rabi's MMA Playground League Season 3 ( New players welcome Deadline Friday 7 May)
    I am now ready to set up Season 3. The 47 players currently involved will automatically stay in. If anyone else would like to join in then please post or email me before the above deadline and I will...
    Pages: 2 3
  34. Lost in translation!!!!
    I wish to beat hell that i could speak Portugese!!! i just got done watching the post fight presser and i think a lot of things that Anderson Silva says get "lost " in Ed Soares' "translation" of...
  35. A solution to antics like Silva's, vs. Maia - the "reverse stand-up"
    While watching Anderson Silva's ridiculous behavior against Demian Maia, it became clear that a key part of his bravado was Maia's inability to take Silva down. For all his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu...
  36. What can Dana do???
    What can Dana do to make up for the piders performance?? I'm not sayin he should or shouldn't, he said he was going to though. First thing that comes to my mind is 205lbs. He hasn't pulled any stunts...
  37. UFC 112 on Jim Rome is Burning
    I don't know if any of you caught JIRB today but he had two spots on Anderson Silva and pretty much echoed our sentiments as only Rome can do. I was only able to find a link of his show earlier today...
  38. Bellator XIV Fighting Championships
    Anyone going to see the Bellator XIV Fighting Championships?? I was just going to just watch it on tv but I found this sweet discount code to get 30% off tickets and I just couldn't pass it up. Also...
  39. Medical Beat: Ohio's trial run for amateur cruiserweight division is a worthy endeavor
    link I don't mind giving someone a well-earned pat on the back, and this one goes to the head of the Ohio Athletic Commission, Mr. Bernie Profato. Profato is trialing a new 206-225-pound...
  40. Bellator 14 weigh in results
    link Main Card: -Ben Askren (170.5) vs. Ryan Thomas (170.5) -Shad Lierley (144.5) vs. Wilson Reis (145.5) -Mike Ricci (155.5) vs. Pat Curran (155.5) -James Krause (155.5) vs. Toby Imada (155.5)...
  41. Alistair Overeem Talks Fedor, Brett Rogers, best qoutes ever by AO!
    link I want you all to read this so I won't spoil it for you. It's short and GREAT! Here's a sample: "Leave this M-1 circus and start fighting the best. It's okay to lose sometimes but hiding makes...
  42. Rogers: "I swear to God I will crush him."
    link American heavyweight Brett Rogers gets genuinely angry when the subject of Alistair Overeem comes up. An incident in a hotel last year, where Overeem supposedly gave him the brush-off, has...
  43. Ben Askren vs. Ryan Thomas fight ending at Bellator 14?
    If you have seen this fight then you'll know what I mean when I ask, "What happened? Why did the fight get stopped?" Was it legitimate or just poor reffing?
  44. SF Nashville Weigh-Ins Results
    Results: Andrew Uhrich has missed weight. He has 2 hours (until roughly 7:15 PM ET) to lose 1/2 pound. Jake Shields (184.75) vs. Dan Henderson (185) Gegard Mousasi (204.5) vs. Muhammad Lawal (204.25)...
  45. Strikeforce the greatest free card ever????
    Im just thinking back to all the free cards we've gotten from WEC on Versus's and UFc on Spike, and now Im looking at this strikeforce card and the potential is absolutely amazing. On paper it looks...
  46. Do you compete MMA?
    This is only relevant for those who train and/or compete in MMA. I need people to fill this short questionnaire out for my university work. It is about performance enhancing drugs and aims to gain...
  47. Former UFC Fighter Harold Howard Gets 5 Years In Prison
    Man, how far he's fallen since that UFC 3 win over Royce Gracie. Albeit by forfeit, of course. Anyway... Instead of a fight, the next time Harold Howard utters his well known "If you're coming on,...
  48. Bellator title Fights
    Does anyone know how these will work? We already have crowned champions in every division, and there is currently a season two tourney in every division that is ongoing. Is it expected that the...
  49. Jake Rosholt Vs. Jeremy Horn Headlines KOTC On HDNet Friday
    link DALLAS (April 15, 2010) HDNet will broadcast "HDNet Fights: Mark Burnett Presents King of the Cage - Bad Boys Too" LIVE from Cobo Arena in Detroit, Michigan this Friday, April 16 at 10:00 p.m....
  50. MAYORGA AND THOMAS SCRUM AT SHINE PRESSER
    link They don't go toe-to-toe in the ring until May 15, but former world champion boxer Ricardo Mayorga and UFC veteran Din Thomas were nose-to-nose at the "Shine Fights: Worlds Collide" press...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175