General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Why do people hate rashad?
    I mean seriously, everytime the guy fights or is shown in the crowd people boo him. he's one of my top 5 favorite fighters, i just dont get it
  2. Anyone else watching Bitetti Combat 6?
    Francisco Drinaldo just hit the sickest toehold kneebar , holy ****!!!
  3. Anyone watching the M-1 Selection?
    I just turned it on. I've never watched one of these events, but I figured I have nothing to do, so why not. Anyone familiar with any of the fighters?
  4. DREAM 13 Poster
    Interesting. Presumably hyping the Bibiano Fernandes-Joachim Hansen Featherweight Title fight.
  5. help?
    Does anyone have that photo of Wanderlei and Shogun in the Chute Boxe gym, sitting by the wall? Need to find that for next weekend and can't find the thing anywhere. Thanks!
  6. Anyone besides me getting tired of Fedor?
    Seriously, I want to see the man fight and at this point I don't care who it is...give jose canseco...why is it so difficult for this man to fight? I'm just plain tired of it...and I tell you...
  7. what is your favorite form of martial art??
    not counting mma (which is mixed martial arts) what is you fav?? For me, it would have to be boxing. Although I do not enjoy watching it. I done a little when I was age 15 to 18. I also done a little...
  8. Marcus Davis: I hope Hardy dies of aids
    Guy needs some help
  9. Strikeforce: Nashville - 3 Title Fights!
    April 17 Fantastic card!!!! And it's FRREEEEEEE on CBS!!!! I hope Hendo knocks Jake out "Bisping style". Mousasi v Mo will be 100% electric! Aoki is someone the UFC should have gotten, as he's ranked...
  10. Agent's Life, Not So Glamorous
    You can say 18 hour air flights, airport layovers, and customs lines but it just doesn't have the same effect as living it. The life of an agent has been glamorized by Hollywood. The misconception is...
  11. Hardy Poking Fun at GSP
    Cage Potato described Dan Hardy's latest video as an attempt to "piss people off." Wrong my friends! In this tribute to the wrestling singlet (and legends like Jerry "The King Lawler), Hardy makes...
  12. Man's perfect plan to beat Fedor.
    If you can't endure the video skip to 2:05 I think he's on to something. What do you guys think? 2:05 is really the science behind the plan.
  13. Is Fedor's untouchable status slipping?
    I was talking to a guy today who likened Fedor to Ali. I was agreeing with him all the way through until he said " Fedor now is like Ali was after the lay off". This took me by surprise especially...
  14. UFC Challenging Strikeforce Serra vs Swick
    UFC President Dana White today confirmed to The Wrestling Observer that the UFC will go head-to-head with Strikeforce’s recently-announced April 17 card on CBS with an event that is expected to air...
  15. Kimbo Slice Is Better Than All UFC Champs As Proven by MMA Math
    If you've spent any amount of time cruising around mma discussion boards you have undoubtedly come across some form of mma math. You know the drill, fighter A beat Fighter B and fighter B beat...
  16. Mike Swick's VLog through Thailand
    Has anyone been following Mike Swicks VLogs as he vacations in Thailand with Roger Huerta (to be joined by his wife in week 2 as I understand it)? I think they are pretty entertaining. Swick's...
  17. WEC 47 weigh in results
    link Versus Bouts: Brian Bowles (134.5) vs. Dominick Cruz (134) Miguel Torres (134.5) vs. Joseph Benavidez (135) Jens Pulver (145.5) vs. Javier Vazquez (145) Deividas Taurosevicius (145) vs. LC...
  18. SRC 12 weigh in results
    link Weigh-in Results: Jorge Santiago (82.9 kg / 182.8 lbs) vs. Mamed Khalidov (82.6 kg / 182.1 lbs) Akihiro Gono (76 kg / 167.6 lbs) vs. Diego Gonzalez (75.9 kg / 167.3 lbs) Maximo Blanco (69.8 kg...
  19. Does anybody have a link?
    To Jens Pulver WEC 47 Speech?
  20. Paulo Filho does his best Mike Tyson impression
  21. The best gif EVER!!!
    THE REAL WINNER OF UFC 108
  22. OMG, Miguel Torres pic of his new cut. Ouch
    Holy .......
  23. Poll results: What is the biggest problem facing top-level MMA fighters today?
    Do you want to be a [expletive] fighter?While the upper echelon of mixed martial artists can score big financially with cuts of UFC pay-per-view revenues and lucrative sponsorships, most fighters...
  24. pulvers tapout shirt
    Was pretty badass. The best tapout shirt eva imo. anyone agree
  25. Cung Le angling for Scott Smith rematch
    link Le doesn’t want to wait another year to fight again. He wants to avenge his lone loss. “I’m hoping to get a rematch with Scott Smith as soon as possible,” he said in a video interview released...
  26. Whats your opinion on the perfect fighting style combo in MMA?
    Hey just wondering what you guys think is the best combo for fighting in MMA. Now I know alot of people say that wrestling is the best foundation to fighting, and in some ways I agree but IMO I would...
  27. Where would you love to see the UFC go?
    Where do you wanna see the UFC visit, its been around the world now that its been to Austrailia, Germany, UK, Ireland and soon to be Abu Dhabi. But where would you like to see it go, me personally I...
  28. Warmachine for sale
    I'm bummed for him. I would be bummed for anyone in this spot. WARMACHINE twitted: Selling all my goodies cuz' I have too many court cases right now...lawyers eating me up. **** it. Who needs...
  29. March 26, Mark Burnett presents "King of the Cage"
    On March 26 Live on HD Net Mark Burnett presents King of the Cage. I know that the KOTC in general doesn't get much coverage but it looks like they are in a position for some serious growth this...
  30. MASK RIP
    Its sad to see him go at a time when MMA was starting to blow up. In the past year look how much he missed, not just UFC events but, the growth of Strikeforce, the maturation of fighters such as...
  31. Freddie Roach: The UFC is using James Toney to prove MMA fighters are better than boxers
    "I think they're using James as a way to say MMA fighters are better than boxers. If he fights a quality ground guy, once he goes to the ground he's gonna get killed. But If a guy chooses to stand up...
  32. Which boxer(Any Era) would do the best in MMA?
    With all this talk about James Toney coming to the UFC, and a post by SmileR which is a good read about if the UFC is just using Toney as a pony to prove that MMA is better than boxing. I got...
    Pages: 2
  33. Overeem training hard for rogers
  34. Inside MMA 3/12/10 what your thoughts?
    they have ray mercer,james toney and k.j. noons as guests..as i was watchin this..ray mercer was being respectful to the sport..saying he's takin the time to learn the sport and he respects the...
  35. If Fedor loses his next fight.......
    If Fedor loses his next fight how far would he drop down the rankings, considering alot of peole have him ranked #1 and the next closes fighter in the HW division thats not in the UFC is Overeem he...
  36. Paulo Filho vs. Hector Lombard Expected for Bellator Middleweight Title Fight in May
    ;ink1 liink2 Former WEC middleweight champion, Paulo Filho will have a chance to win one more title in his career. TATAME.com learned from several sources that the black belt will face Bellator...
  37. Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman set for May 15 Strikeforce
    link Roger Gracie is expected to make his Strikeforce debut during the promotion’s May 15 event against former UFC Heavyweight Champion Kevin “The Monster” Randleman according to Graciemag.com.
  38. Help vote on my Camps fantasy draft
    Choose the one card you would order, if you could only buy one. Thanks and Card 1 Main Event Lyoto Machida-Luis Cane For the LHW strap. Cane works his way back to contention to make it an all...
  39. New EA mma trailer
    Sorry if this has been posted but I didn't see it anywhere. I think the gameplay looks all right.I still need to see more of it though. However,I'm very excited than you will be able to fight in the...
  40. Dan Hornbuckle joins ATT
    link Dan Hornbuckle, one of the favorites to win the second season welterweight tournament with Bellator Fighting Championships, has signed up and joined American Top Team prior to his first fight...
  41. Erin Toughill Done With Strikeforce...And Possibly MMA
    If you believe her Facebook... From Cage Potato: Erin Toughill announced via Facebook Thursday afternoon that she isn't going to be fighting for Strikeforce any longer, and she actually sounds pretty...
  42. UFC 114
    With all the TUF winners on the card Im interested in seeing what fights will be shown on the main card. Obviously Rampage Rashad is the main event and Forrest and Lil Nog will definatley be shown ....
  43. Ochocinco vs Torres on twitter
    On Friday night, NFL wide receiver Chad Ochocinco, whose previous latest connection to MMA was following Chuck Liddell in naked video viral marketing, called out former WEC champion Miguel Torres,...
  44. If you were on Bully Beatdown
    Ok i know this show is pretty cheesy and prob not real, but i was thinking the other day if i was the bully and i was standing there waiting to see who i was gonna fight and Lesnar or AA or cro cop...
  45. Jones Flips Out: Is He Ready For the Spotlight
    Jon Jones has been unflappable to this point in his young UFC career. The kid is only 22 years old and carries himself in and out of the cage like he's had 15 fights with the promotion. There's...
  46. DREAM 13 Weigh-Ins
    The results: Evryone made weight. Bibiano Fernandes (62.9kg) vs. (63kg) Joachim Hansen Josh Barnett (115kg ) vs. (115kg) Siala Siliga K.J. Noons (71.8kg) vs. (71.5kg) Andre Amade (Dida) Ryo Chonan...
  47. Lets see who has the best song
    Okay, if you had to pick a song for a fighter to come out to what would the song be? It doesnt just have to be one fighter it can be however many you want. Mine are. BJ Penn- Time of your...
  48. As of right now...Cain vs Dos Santos
    The future of the Heavyweight division. Obviously both have been impressing the hell out of the MMA world, both have displayed great boxing with amazing power, Dos Santos trains with probably the...
  49. after tonight James Irvin has lost to
    both the number 1 and number 2 middleweights in the world! #1 was obviously Anderson Silva and #2 was Alessio Sakara. so whats next for Mr.300 Beard himself, the italian force of destruction, the...
  50. Where do you see the UFC in 10 years?
    As I watching the Jones/Vera fight I got to thinking mainly because of Jones being 22 I thought where would he be in 10 years could he become one of the greats of all time, and then where would the...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175