General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Completely Unnecessary Rematch Alert: 3/20 Adrenaline MMA
    Yep, it's a real exciting one: The rematch between Wes Sims & TIMMAY!! According to Wes Sims's manager Ken Pavia, the A-Hole Show will try to follow up his paycheck-collection at Strikeforce: Miami...
  2. JZ vs BJ Penn
    Who do you think would win in a fight between BJ Penn and JZ Cavalcante? I think JZ would have a good chance to win because of his great standup, wrestling skills, and submission defense.
  3. Chael sonnen : Marketing Guru or Loud Mouth ?
    IMO Chael Sonnen is a lot brighter then many of you percieve . Over the last few months , he has made some pretty outlandish statements .... When asked about the Fedor/Rogers matchup , Chael...
  4. 5 Fights for This Year
    Name 5 Relevant fights you would like to see by the end of 2010. 5 fights that actually make sense, and they should be in the same organization. For example not Fedor vs. Lesnar because there in...
  5. Tatame's most recent interview with Babalu
    Tatame In more than 10 years of career, Renato “Babalu” Sobral faced some of the biggest names of all the weights. Ex Strikeforce’s champion, the black belt talked to TATAME and remembered his...
  6. CHOOSE THE WINNERS
    PAUL DALEY VS ANTHONY JOHNSON MICHAEL BISPING VS ALLEN BELCHER JOSH KOSCHECK VS DAN HARDY HENDERSON VS MOUSASSI WANDERLEI SILVA VS NATE MARQUARDT
  7. SF Miami: Hieron-Riggs Now Online For FREE
    But you only have until Sunday to watch. It's on SF's website at this link: Video Saturday's EA stream didn't work out due to technical issues and way too much traffic.
  8. UFC vs StrikeForce
    i know this has been talked about over and over. if the two companies came together what would be the outcome. But i still have some match ups that i would like to see and curious about. Obvious...
  9. The World Has A New Hero
    Link it's takes a lil bit to get to the point of the vid..but wait around..it's definitely worth it..trust me...
  10. The Greatest Fedor Highlight to date
    Fedor Emelianenko by Machinemen
  11. New Kids On The Block
    Which div. has the most New/Young/Future MMA stars in the making? (EX: Bones at LHW or Dos Santos at HW) I was just looking over some past fights and the WW division seems to have, just recently got,...
  12. anderson silva shorts, where can i buy them??
    just started trainin mma and lookin 4 sum shorts 2 train in, really fancy sum of the 1s anderson silva wears but cant find them anywher!! any1 got any ideas??
  13. The Current State of the Gracie's: Name bigger than skill?
    I think so. Rolles Gracie's embarrassing loss was just the icing on the cake for me. Aside from Roger, the Gracie's aren't topping the lists of grappling tournaments the way the used too and their...
  14. Respected Styles
    Who is the strongest in what martial art: We will start with the wrestlers. 1. King MO 2. GSP 3. Chael Sonnen 4. Brock Lesnar 5. Cain Velasquez 6. Jon Fitch 7. Bobby Lashley 8. Tyron Woodley 9. Phil...
    Pages: 2
  15. Anderson/Vitor = Mayweather/Mosley???
    I was just thinking about both these fights and are probably my favorite fights for the first half of 2010 in each sport but I think they have some pretty big similarities. Like... -Floyd's been...
  16. Rankings
    This is for all you posters that use rankings as a defense mechanism to prove who is a better fighter in all your debates. Here Eddie Alvarez puts it best: "I think rankings are just a way of...
  17. Organizations
    135- Brian Bowles 150-Jose Aldo 165-BJ Penn 180-GSP 195- Anderson Silva 215- Gegard 235-Fedor 265-Lesnar Go with the Dream ring with the red white and blue ropes/white Canvas Call the organization...
  18. Cyborg Santos vs Zoe Bell
    If you don't know who Zoe Bell is, she is the stunt woman/actor in tons of movies, one for instance, DEATHPROOF, she is that chick from New Zealand. When she was younger she did Gymnastics and...
  19. Main Page News forum
    I havent seen the main page update since saturday even though the news section has when I click on the mma news forum. Is this something anyone else is noticing??
  20. Whats ahead
    Strikeforce CBS Fedor vs Werdum Shields vs Hendo King Mo vs Gegard Brett Rogers vs Shane Del Rosario Antwain "The Juggernaut" Britt vs Rafael Cavalcante 3 TITLE FIGHTS!!! The Strikeforce 24 card...
  21. Best 25 year old and under fighters in MMA
    This MEANS, who has the brightest future pretty much. IM goin with Gegard 24 years old Record 28-2 Strikeforce LHW champ & Dream MW GP Winner One of the best all around fighters in the game. Putting...
  22. No namers to make names for themselves in the FUTURE
    Im goin with Ben Askren 3-0 in MMA all 1st round wins, 25 years old. A purple belt in BJJ and was on the 2008 Mens olympic wrestling squad, just signed with Bellator and trains over at AKA now.
  23. Best P4P American Non-UFC/WEC fighter
    I Picked Jake Shields Champion in Both the MW and WW divisions. Also Ranked IN BOOTH divisions. Is on a 13 fight win-streak Holds wins over -Yushin Okami -Carlos Condit -Paul Daley -Jason Miller...
  24. Henry Cejudo
    Henry Cejudo is the poster boy for USA wrestling(Gold Medalist @ the Beijing Olympics) One of the best to ever live they are saying. Henry is ONLY 21 years of age and would fight in the 125 lb...
  25. What happened on the SDS yesterday?
    Was anyone listening to Sherdog radio live yesterday? I polished off the podcasts today while patrolling the mean streets of Brown County. While I listened to the Savage Dog Show. They had a damn...
  26. Randy Couture vs. Rich Franklin Possible for UFC 115
    A light heavyweight tilt between former UFC champions Randy Couture and Rich Franklin is in the works for June and is likely to co-headline UFC 115 alongside Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz on June 12...
  27. Fights Outside the UFC you want to see?
    I think this one would be explosive. I like that the UFC is the BIG show and doesn't co-promote, cuz it leaves all these sub-par Organizations to co-promote and make for exciting fights, maybe it...
  28. Fight cards in other countries
    I think if you are the champ I.E. anderson Silva. You should hold a fight card when you are defending YOUR belt in YOUR country. Would that Bring MORE attention? I.E. OR hold it in the biggest city...
  29. Kos vs. Tito Poll
    There was another thread in the MMA News Forum about this. I would like to see a poll on who everyone thinks would win. Some people think that Tito's size advantage would be the main key to victory....
  30. MMA Rookies
    King MO hands Down, the guys a BEAST. I dont' think he will get past Gegard in April, UNLESS he can overwhelm Gegard on the ground, but the guy WITH experience will have a bright future for sure.
  31. MMA Prospects..
    This time for some of the lesser known prospects in the sport. Most know who the bigger up and coming fighters are (Lawal, Woodley, P. Davis, J. Jones, Duffee etc.), but who are the best of the...
  32. MMA Olympics
    Olympic Pools HW's Group A: Werdum (BRA) vs Frank Mir (USA) Brock Lesnar (USA) vs Dos Santos (BRA) NOG (BRA) vs Arlovski (RUS) Carwin (USA) vs Aleksander Emelianenko (RUS) Group B HW's Bret Rogers...
  33. UFC 105 dvd, Fight missing from the dvd?
    Has anyone noticed on the ufc 105 dvd that Roli Delgado vs Andre Winner isnt on the dvd? anyone know why? i hadnt noticed until my friend just mentioned it to me
  34. Lashley vs Overeem
    Lashley is expected to take on the current but not so current champ of strikeforce allistair overeem on the strikeforce 24 card. I see a similarity with lashley and Lesnar. Why are these WWE...
  35. vitor belfort recovery question
    So does anyone know when he will be back in commision?
  36. Number 1 HW???
    Honorable mention: Carwin Lashley I voted Dos Santos. When you are a HW that can BOX ......that's devastating. OH its not bad that he is a brown belt in BJJ either.
    Pages: 2
  37. Joachim Hansen to Bellator?
    I was look through the rumor page, and saw this. Apparently Hansen is in talks with Bellator, and might have already signed. How cool would it be to see Alvarez/Hansen II be for the Bellator title?
  38. Does anyone else think there should be an MMA H.O.F?
    I know that the UFC has a Hall of Fame with some of the best fighters to ever fight in it. However, I was just thinking dont you guys think that there should be an MMA Hall, I mean look at some of...
  39. EVENTS
    Cowboy Stadium would be SICK - 110,000 fans can be packed into that place, MAYBE MORE for an MMA event. I like the bodog events in Costa Rica during the day time on the beach, the costa rican models...
  40. "King Mo" Lawal on Gegard Mousasi: He can forge my signature if he wants to
    mmajunkie "He can forge my signature of he wants to," Lawal said. "Just write, 'M-O' and 'X.' If he wants to put the little crown and 'King Mo' inside, he can do that, too. "I don't need to sign...
  41. Prides Greatest Fights
    anyone know where i can watch this online, i never got to see it on spike and i cant find it anywhere. props for info
  42. Jewels 7 On 3/19-A Fight I'm Very Excited For
    I know we don't talk much Japanese MMA in here, but Jewels just announced a fight for their 7th event on 3/19 at Shinjuku Face (Tokyo) that I am very excited for: Mai Ichii vs. Mika Nagano. Mai...
  43. TIM KENNEDY VS. JOEY VILLASENOR ON TAP FOR APRIL
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10782&zoneid=13 WAR Kennedy!
  44. One-Punch Death
    We've all seen one punch knock outs, however I want to discuss the possible lethality of a punch. Is it possible to kill a man with a single punch? (assuming the person being punched has no brain...
  45. King Mo Calls Mousasi Kermit The Frog
    Video
  46. How can Cain win tonight?
    I like Cain, hes a tough fighter with a bright future.....BUT, how is he going to beat Nog. He hit Kongo with a bunch of shots and never even really hurt him, so I highly doubt he'll knock him out....
  47. Cain "Theseus" Velasquez?
    Is it a fitting nickname?
  48. Jack's UFC 110 Rants
    Okay, real quick... Nog looked stiff, and old compared to the young, and explosive Cain. I thought this would either be a grinded out win for Big Nog, or a stellar, coming out party for Velasquez. I...
  49. Child's Play: Tapout Grooming MMA Prodigies
    Tuesday, February 23 12:05 am PT: You might have some mixed feelings accompanying a viewing of the Tapout short film below featuring Giovanni and Carlos Ruffo, two sawed-off MMA stylists who train in...
  50. Smokers in MMA
    I guess I never really thought about it until today when I read that Rampage is a smoker. LINK I know NFL players smoke and I'm sure plenty of guys in other sports do as well. I guess I'd be pretty...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174