General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. WEC 46 Weigh-Ins
    Results: Everyone made weight. Jamie Varner (155) vs. Benson Henderson (154.5) Raphael Assuncao (146) vs. Urijah Faber (145.5) Dave Jansen (156) vs. Kamal Shalorus (155) Mike Brown (146) vs. Anthony...
  2. ANDERSON SILVAS MATCH UPS BEFORE HE RETIRES!
    people say anderson silva is the best mma fighter in world mainly ufc fans but personally i think its fedor then anderson in 2nd place , anderson silva is planning on retiring once his ufc contract...
  3. The Kimbo Killer: Seth Petruzelli discusses his life changing night
    Just as he was preparing to tape his hands for his "EliteXC: Heat" untelevised preliminary fight, Seth Petruzelli was approached by an event manager who asked for a word in private. Petruzelli, a...
  4. Fantasy Draft: Final Card's
    In this topic post your Completed card, and when everybody does so or the deadline hits (whichever comes sooner), we will vote. Deadline is Wednesday at 12pm Noon.
    Pages: 2
  5. Undisputed champ Henderson "cool" with Varner, ready for next WEC challenge
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Two champions entered the cage for the main event of Sunday's "WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson" event, and both looked to walk away from the bout with the title "undisputed" added...
  6. Ben Henderson
    Why isn't Ben Henderson in the fighters database for this site? He holds WEC's lightweight title. Doesn't that call for a little recognition? Man he never gets his well deserved respect.
  7. Coty "Ox" Wheeler vs. Campuzano
    Versus has this fight on it's website: WEC on Versus It's definitely worth a watch. Both these guys look like little kids in the cage, but they fight like animals. If you think it's boring, skip to...
  8. Tom Lawlor's Fight Night Entrance
    He comes up with good entrances and wardrobe choices for the weigh-ins each time and is quickly becoming a fan favorite. Here is his best impersonation of Hulk Hogan. Whatcha Gonna Do Brother
  9. Cain Velasquez vs Gabriel Gonzaga
    This is a fight that I would love to see and I'm sure we're likely to at some point down the road. Gonzaga has KO power and an excellent sub game, plus he's a pretty big heavyweight. Velasquez has...
  10. This is why I love Jens Pulver
    Jens Pulver has always been one of my favorites from way back when. I hope he gets his win and is able to retire on a good note. This video is why Jens is one of the best. Video
  11. Why do boxers make so much money?
    Hey I was just reading up on maywheather and pacqiuao fight and it says that they have agreed to fight each other on march 13 for a split of $50 million dollars. Now i wouldn't say im the hugest...
  12. Henderson's Nicknames
    Since he has been in the UFC I have noticed 3 nicknames that I can recall listed at different times on the UFC website, and I'm pretty sure they've all been announced by Buffer at least once. First...
  13. Strikeforce Challengers Series Feb. 26
    thought if i posted this in the news i might get trouble cause i have no link or anything. very reliable source tho that this event is happening. i havent seen any news on it yet so figured id let...
  14. 10 Worst Mismatches in history
    Cagepotato has a great set of videos called the 10 Worst Mismatches In History Very entertaining.
  15. Worst Life Ever: The Story of Kazuyuki Fujita’s Skull
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/worst-life-ever-the-story-of-kazuyuki-fujitas-skull Kazuyuki “Iron Head” Fujita made a fighting career out of having a thick skull. This is that skull’s story. Like many...
  16. Funny Fujita stuff
    link
  17. Jens Pulver's "Driven" Film Needs Your Help
    If there's any MMA fighter who deserves to have a documentary made about him it's Jens Pulver, who survived a profoundly abusive childhood and went on to become the UFC's first 155-pound champion,...
  18. Sherdog's Photos of the Year
    Some great photos. Check them out Photos of the Year
  19. Bellator heavywieght tourny
    I talked to this dude named dj Linderman at some local fights Satuday and he said he was fightin in a heavy wieght tourny foe bellatour; anyone know about this.
  20. YOUR Fight Card
    I'm not sure how many responses a thread like this will get but I'll toss it out for s_t's and giggles. Using only fighters that you've seen fight live in person, make a 12 fight card. I personally...
  21. Who are your top 5 most talented fighters per division?
    Im not asking for your rankings. Just need to make that clear. With that in mind here we go HW - Fedor Emelianenko Antonio Nogueira Alistair Overeem Dos Santos Cain Velasquez Honorable Mention: Frank...
  22. Most impressive loss column?
    I was just recently looking at records and one fighter in particular came up (ill get to him in a minute) who has 5 losses and all were to top Five fighters. So i was wonderin who else has an...
  23. Which prospects do you think you see more potential in than others do?
    I think mine would be Amir Sadollah. Amir Sadollah: His Muay Thai is one of the best offensive assaults in the division already. His huge reach for WW (75") translates into his kicks having an even...
  24. Genki Sudo Music Video....
    Just discovered this... i had no idea Genki was into music..... call me a dork but to me Genki Sudo's coolness soared to about 5-6 other lvls Genki Sudo's World Order
  25. Rumored list of expected UFC Undisputed 2010 fighters released
    UFC 2010!!!! LINKMIN
  26. Mayhem Miller bitches when he finds out his skill level in video game is below average
    They were reviewing all the character created so far in the upcoming videogame "MMA" by EA Sports and he notices his overall skill level falls short of everyone else....
  27. Emelianenko Vid
    I don't know if anyone's saw this yet, but I thought it was pretty dope.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoTIJB9JHag&feature=player_embedded#
  28. The Hulkster's Nephew Is Gonna Try Real Fighting, Brother!
    Might be worth buying the online PPV of the 2/4 Tachi Palace Fights event for-and it's a really good-looking card for just $10 with some former UFC & WEC fighters... And to make it more interesting,...
  29. help needed
    So I'm going to Las Vegas on Feb 18 and staying till the 22 so I'm gonna be there while a UFC show is going on. Does anyone know any good places to watch a UFC show on TV in Vegas
  30. Chapter I: The Shooto Years (Tatsuya Kawajiri) (By Genghis Con)
    Genghis Con does it again The Ibaraki Hustle Part I
  31. Do boxers use more of their skill set?
    I have often wondered as I watch MMA fights, why it looks like the fighters are not even using a fraction of what you know. Most fighters are black belts in a martial art, they are fast but somehow...
  32. JZ Calvancante questions?
    I will be talking to JZ later today, anyone have any questions I should ask him? Or any topics I should bring up? Thanks!!
  33. Fedor vs Overeem
    Overeem said after he broke fujitas eye that his next fight will be against Fedor. Overeem has gotton so much bigger and he says its from eating horse meat, but I think its from somthing else. I just...
  34. EA Sports MMA
    they just add two more fighters..so this is the current line-up Shinya Aoki Hidehiko Yoshida Cung Le Gilbert Melendez Robbie Lawler Ronaldo Jacare Souza Matt Lindland Scott Smith Josh Thomson Nick...
  35. Nick Diaz vs.
    How would Nick Diaz fair against Mousassi? For those who think it would be a total blowout I disagree. i think it would make for a good fight. He always puts on a show. So what would be the outcome...
  36. Nick Diaz Talks Title Fight, Judging, and More...
    Jeez...this video is painful to watch. LINK
  37. DREAM 13 Press Conference Notes
    DREAM held a presser yesterday (Thursday) in Japan, some notes coming out of it: DREAM 13 is Monday, March 22. DREAM Featherweight Champion Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joachim Hansen for the title is the...
  38. SF Miami Weigh-Ins Results
    The results, and it's complicated: 2 prelim fighters missed weight and 2 did not weigh in at all. They will do so after the official weigh-ins are done, which should be now. All main card fighters...
  39. SUPERBOWL SATURDAY: Fantasy Fight Cards (Please vote!!!)
    Which of the following cards would you most like to see on the Saturday of Superbowl Weekend?
    Pages: 2
  40. Quick Questions
    Where is Remy Bonjasky and Micheal Mcdonald? These guys were impressive,young and easily has the talent to compete in UFC or Strikeforce. Are they still active or just out of comission?
  41. upcoming fights that I am geeked about and why....
    Couture VS Coleman- Its my friend Wayne Millers idea to have a " senior division" and this is it!!! Serra VS trigg- 2 guys I dont care for but respect the skills and a great matchup- either one gets...
  42. Who knows where to watch the strikeforce fight online?
    And somewhere other then justin.tv?
  43. MMA Fighters and Why Personality Matters (Or Does It?)
    [b]MMA Fighters and Why Personality Matters (Or Does It?)[/b] By James Ryan...
  44. Never sleep on Robbie Lawler!!!!!!
    This guy is a beast!!! I thought that Robbie was broke midway through the first rnd against Manhoef. His leg was getting blasted over and over and it looked bleak. I have never seen anyones leg fly...
  45. The fight scientist??
    Where did this guy come from? He looks like Kevin Bacon a crack
  46. Would you be in favor of making premature stoppages NC's
    Conan vs Saku is the perfect example from a horrible stoppage to an awesome win, which ended up showing who the better fighter was instead of controversy and unanswered questions. Obviously we cant...
  47. The Story Behind The Beef Between Aoki & Hirota
    The Story Behind The Beef Between Aoki & Hirota
  48. Miletich vs Shamrock in SF?
    link not a done deal according to pat, but it would be a fight that SF could sell, not sure who id take if it happens.
  49. I hate Nick Diaz because (poll) . . .
    I hate Nick Diaz because ... 1) He gets high and runs triathalons ! Ive never smoked a day in my life and cant manage to leave the couch , life isnt fair ! 2) He lost to Riggs , Karo , Sherk and...
  50. Pound for Pound of pay Per Views
    Being that UFC likes to compete with other MMA orginizations the same night they have events would it be a smart move to compete with Boxing if it was the same night as the biggest boxing match in...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174