General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Attn: Canadian Strikeforce Fans: Free Superchannel Preview
    Superchannel has the Canadian TV rights to Strikeforce and a one month free preview starts December 18th....at least for Shaw & Starchoice not sure about other providers. Free fights on Saturday!...
  2. Alright who do you think deserves fighter of the year?
    Just wondering who you guys think is the most deserving for this years fighter of the year: GSP fought twice and was 2-0 Lyoto Machida fought 3 times and was 3-0 Anderson Silva fought twice and was...
  3. Most Memorable moment from 2009?
    What was one of the most memorable, shocking or outragous moments in this year of mma: Personally one of my favourite fights ever was early in the year when GSP dismantled BJ Penn in an awesome...
  4. Greatest 5 round fight to go the distance?
    Melednez-Thompson 2 was a very exciting fight that went back and forth. Both won a few rounds but at the end Melendez got his revenge. Theres got to be a 3rd one!!! But the main point of this topic,...
  5. How would Melendez-Thompson do in the UFC???
    Amazing fight last night in there rematch, and both are very dangerous legit lightweights but how would they do among the elite UFC lightweights? I think they would make for some sick sick matchups....
  6. Coker: Fedor-Werdum, Melendez-Aoki, Thomson-Noons All Possibilities
    link Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was expectedly happy after Saturday night’s "Evolution" event in San Jose, Calif. The event exceeded expectations and featured a clear-cut “Fight of the Year”...
  7. Horodeck(ed)i: Remember, Never Turn Your Back During A Fight!
    Nice.
  8. Barnett’s CSAC Appeal Postponed a Third Time
    link Michael J. DiMaggio, Barnett’s New York-based attorney, was unable to attend the hearing due to a Northeast blizzard that crippled air travel over the weekend, CSAC Assistant Executive Officer...
  9. Roger Gracie signed with Strikeforce?
    How did I miss that? That's what his Wikipedia* page says... * I know, I know...
  10. Heavyweight grappler Jeff Monson newest addition to Shine Fights roster
    link The upstart Shine Fights organization is still doing a last bit of holiday shopping, and the organization's latest signing has earned them a "Snowman." MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has...
  11. Melendez Wants Aoki Next
    Vid Link At the 2:20 mark approx. Shortly after regaining the Strikeforce lightweight title in an epic slugfest with Josh Thomson, Gilbert Melendez made it clear he's ready to take on all comers in...
    Pages: 2
  12. Screenshot of EA Sports MMA Game
    This is a screenshot of Randy "The Natural" Couture vs Jeff "The Snowman" Monson!
  13. Whats next for King Mo Lawal?
    I really thought that Mike Whithead would have been a bit tougher match for King Mo but, he stepped up to the challenge. His striking is very unothadox. Its a combo...wrestling/caveman strikes!! And...
  14. Which is more impressive?
    i have been wondering for a while about this. the question is: Are you more impressed by a quick knockout (within the first round) or a fighter completely dominating another fighter for the whole...
  15. What's Thiago Silvas point?
    Listen, I like the guy alot. I always root for him and consider him one of my favorite fighters. HOWEVER...What is his purpose? Does anyone really think he could ever hold a title? His "brutal Muay...
  16. MMA highlight
    Here is my new highlight i made let me know what u think Its called MMA Highlight: Unconscious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWGl4x2rtHY
  17. Fighter of the Decade?
    I was just thinking about the qreat accomplishments that some of the great fighters have achieved over the last 10 years and I was wondering who you guys thought was the most impressive fighter of...
  18. Last win in the UFC by Key lock?
    I was showing some of the kids at my gym ways to find Key locks and one of the fathers asked why is it you don't see them in the UFC at first I was like your kidding right? Then I tried to come up...
  19. Mike Whitehead is going the way of Travis Wiuff
    A very talented fighter at 205 for whatever reason has decided they are too good to cut weight and are therefore doomed to become mediocre heavyweights. Seriously, 260lbs? Your a 205lber...have some...
  20. A interesting video from Brock's Youtube channel.
    We can rebuild him! Maybe this is him saying he is coming back!
  21. Mousasi vs Goodridge at Dynamite (K-1 Rules)
    link Scroll down, it's right above the "Wandy Claus". "Gary Goodridge vs Gegard Mousasi at Dynamite. U heard it here first."
  22. Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis!!
    At StrikeForce in Miami, it's Nick Diaz vs Marius Zaromskis. I love to see this fight. Zaromskis was a beast with his run in Dream. Winning thier WW GP. Diaz is a great fighter but always sets his...
  23. War Machine wants a comeback.
    Jon 'War Machine' Koppenhaver wants to fight Frank Shamrock or Kung Le in 2010, or that's what he says on twitter. War Machine's twitter
  24. SI.com Top 10 Fights of the Decade
    I can't imagine narrowing down the list to only 10 fights. I've only been following the sport of a little over three years and I'm not sure I could pull it off. Linky
  25. Fedor Barnett
    Why dont Fedor and Barnett just fight in Japan. I have been waiting for this fight for so lond I cant believe they never met in Pride. ans whats up with Overeem being the heavy weight champ when he...
  26. Top 10 Heavyweights... What?!?
    Ok just visited sherdogs top 10 heavyweights and mmaplaygrounds own top 10 heavyweights. If you havent seen the list i advise you do. Revising the list this is supposed to be for the current top...
  27. MARLOES COENEN ON CRIS "CYBORG" TITLE BOUT
    linkage “She’s an amazing athlete. I will not deny that, but everybody is a human being with two arms and two legs, so everybody is beatable,” commented the challenger. “Everybody has some flaws in...
  28. I'm bored...look what I did
    Going from Bantamweight to Heavyweight, listing 10 fighters who have fought each other. 1. Dominick Cruz vs. 2. Urijah Faber vs. 3. Tyson Griffin vs. 4. Sean Sherk vs. 5. Matt Hughes vs. 6. Frank...
  29. Alistair Overeem: I predict a three minute knockout over Fujita at “Dynamite!! 2009?
    link Video linkage above....
  30. EA sports MMA
    I figures since we have a thread for Undisputed,perhaps we could sticky a thread for EA's upcoming MMA game? The facts so far: The fighters: Cung Le Fedor Brett Rogers Gilbert Melendez Ronaldo Souza...
  31. OPINION: 5 Most Exciting Fighters
    Which 5 fighters (of all-time) are/were the most entertaining/enjoyable to watch, regardless of whether or not you're a fan. In other words, which fighters do you ALWAYS look forward to seeing fight....
  32. Feg Dynamite Stream?
    Could anyone send me a pm of a stream to watch the show. Thanks to anyone that helps.
  33. Favorite MMA Photos of 2009
    There are come pretty sweet pics courtesy of AllElbows... This was a pretty eventful and adventure-filled year for us. It began with the two of us in Tokyo, jobless but credentialed at both...
  34. FEG Dynamite 2009
    man this card got me wondering..WTF..i saw a couple of early stoppage..and thought some fighters got jipped in there matches..Soku's fight could have gone on longer..but that fight was kinda boring...
  35. What weight class impressed yo most in MMA this year?
    Just sitting here thinking about what a good year for MMA 09 was and was wondering what weight class my buddies on the Playground were most impressed with? Edit Well sorry guys forgot to put a poll...
  36. Why is there only fight of the night?
    Why dont they have fight of the night and something along long the lines of performance of the night. For example on this last card, Sam Stout put on a stand up clinic on Joe Lauzon and they won...
  37. Coming Soon-Kevin "Da Da" Ferguson?
    Don't laugh. Potentially quite the deceptive advertising. OK, not really Kimbo unless he's seen the light and trimmed the beard, but the rest of the description sure matches. Unless someone's claimed...
  38. The Rise of The Mc-Blackbelt: Rashad Evans Receives Meaningless Belt
    Fighters.com fourth-ranked light heavyweight “Sugar” Rashad Evans (14-1-1) received his black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu from Rolles Gracie (2-0) Saturday before UFC 108. The awarding of black belts...
  39. Randy Couture, Divorce Attorney
    Rather clever/funny promo for tomorrow's World MMA Awards replay on Versus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTIaTaXUFus&feature=player_embedded
  40. Question On MMA Age Requirement
    I was looking at Rory MacDonald's sherdog profile and noticed his first official MMA fight was at 16. This got me wondering if there is an age requirement (and if so what is it) in order to compete...
  41. The Boo_Radley Grand Prix
    Tank Abbott vs Mirko Cro Cop Wanderlei Silva vs Thiago Alves Babalu vs Rashad Evans Cain Velasquez vs Rampage Jackson How does it pan out? its just for fun
  42. WEC 46- Varner or Henderson?
    Anyone else excited for this card? The WEC delivered alot of great cards and exciting fights last year and I dont expect this one to be any different. I've been waiting to see this fight for a while...
  43. It's A Girl For Matt Hughes
    Katelyn Mae Hughes was born Saturday morning. The scoop from Cage Potato: As much as we like to bust Matt Hughes' chops about being the Fox News of MMA fighters, Cage Potato would like to extend our...
  44. who do you think is next for Gilbert Yvel?
    Who do you want to see Yvel fight next? I wanna see him fight Kongo! I think that would be an exciting match up. thoughts?
  45. Only if this card could have been made
    Months ago it would have been easier for a card like this to be made But After all the injuries and fighters leaving for different reasons has made the UFC look like its going through a hard time....
  46. Knockout Kings
    For the UFC 108 commercial they reffered to the number of Knockout Kings were on the event but if you could makeyour own UFC card called Knockout Kings what would your card look like. If i recall...
  47. Fights that NEED to happen!!!!
    They can be in the UFC or in any league you want. 1. Roger Huerta vs Diego Sanchez - This would be crazy both guys like to press the action and slug it out. If Huerta came back to fighting that is....
  48. Jason Frank (Former "Power Ranger") Set For MMA Debut
    Jason David Frank, probably better known to this generation as the Green & White Ranger from "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers", is set to make what will be his amateur MMA debut. His first fight is in...
  49. Did Wandy get a nose job?
    I noticed while watchin my UFC 102 dvd that wandy looks alot different now. He was in Maia's corner and i didnt even realize it was him, I wouldnt have realized at all if i hadnt seen the tattoo on...
  50. C.A.M.O. Killing Amateur MMA in California
    The California Amateur Martial Arts Organization (CAMO) was voted to be the governing body for amateur MMA in California by the California State Athletic Commission. Prior to this vote amateur MMA...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175