General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC Jakks Figures
    Has anyone collected the UFC Jakks figures? If so where did you get them? (What website) Do you think they are worth getting them? I have been looking into getting them and found series 0 and 1 sets,...
  2. Early
    What does everyone think??? *Spoiler Alert* (dont scroll down if you havent seen the fight) Sorry for late Alert
  3. Who's Next for Jose Aldo?
    After his very convincing win over Mike Brown, who would you guys like to see Jose Aldo fight next. I think the favorite is probably the winner of Faber/Assuncao, but that seems like a long layoff...
  4. Comparisons
    I have recently been long debates with a few buddies on MMA. Now these are guys who are more newly exposed to MMA and think of the UFC as the best organization out there and compare it to the UFC to...
  5. Anyone Else See This At WEC 44?
    I missed it of course, but I just saw that apparently Boba Fett was in Shane Roller's corner: That'a actually Marc Laimon. I guess they got a tip that Han Solo was going to be in Danny Castillo's...
  6. Strikeforce Challengers - Couture vs Vera
    Who you got?? I have a feeling this fight is going to be more exciting than their husband's tussle. Link
  7. Anderson Silva VS Shogun
    Who wins this fight and how?
  8. Judging system?? Can we do better?
    With all the talk about the poor judging system in MMA, and instead of complaining about it, lets right and slove it. its clear the 10 point must system is not the best for MMA. Lets try to get alot...
  9. Strikeforce Evolution
    Cung Le (6-0) vs Scott Smith (16-6) Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (10-2) vs. Matt "The Law" Linland (21-6) Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (5-0) vs Mike Whitehead (24-7) Robbie Lawler (16-5) vs TBA The stakes...
  10. Quinton Jackson's entrance at UFC 75
    Hopefully I will get this one on one of these days. What is the name of the song and music artist which the UFC used for "Rampage" Jackson's cage entrance at UFC 75? The song that I want was used on...
  11. UFC Music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP-LE285uTQ&feature=player_embedded At 2:28 of Dana's video blog, you can hear 50 Cent's - In The Club mixed with some rock n roll song. Does anyone know what that...
  12. Gilbert Melendez vs Josh Thomson "rematch"
    So it looks like josh has finally healed up, and it has been officially announced that they will have the rematch on dec.19th. its about time! i've been waiting for this for like almost two years!...
  13. On The Eve Of Thanksgiving, Dana White Is Thankful For...
    A lot. Sans arrogance and, surprisingly, expletives. From ESPN: I've got a laundry list of stuff to be thankful for. • I'm thankful, first and foremost, for my family and friends. My good friends --...
  14. Nick Diaz Xterra Bike Crash
    If you fall off your bike, get right back on. Perhaps the most amazing thing is how the mounted camera catches every bit of it.
  15. Team Jackson vs Black House Card
    Sometime late next year, if things workout where it might be possible Georges St-Pierre vs Anderson Silva Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida Rashad Evans vs Antônio Rogério Nogueira Shane Carwin vs Antônio...
  16. VIDEO: Fedor v Rogers KO in Super slow motion.
    This is what I do when bored at home. Let me know what you think playground. Link
  17. New Fedor Interview: Unintentionally Hilarious!
    Just because they used an interpreter for Fedor (who was wearing the "Glorious Sweater Of Victory" by the way) who apparently knows guys we don't, like George BAH-nett...who? Check it out, I posted...
  18. Alistair Overeem in K-1
    Is it just me, or do K-1 fans and fighters WANT Alistair to lose? He was kicking the snot out of Remy in his match until the take down, and afterwards, everyone was celebrating the preservation of...
  19. Apparently Fedor Thinks We're "Despicable"
    Why else would he ditch the Glorious Sweater Of Absolute Victory for matching Daffy Duck jeans & shirt? MATCHING!?! Okay, as far as we can tell, the above images are not photoshopped. At a recent...
  20. Who is your fighter of the decade?
    With this decade now coming to an end, who would be your fighter of the decade and why? It can be based on whatever you want it to be... Influence, popularity, dominance, attitude... Lots of names to...
  21. Insane MMA Offshoot of the Day: 'Triple Warrior Combat'
    San-do I have to say, the trailer is brief, but it looks pretty damn interesting to me. Flame away!!!
  22. Gov Deval Patrick has signed the MMA bill in Massachusetts!
    According to Dana White's twitter : Gov Deval patrick just signed the MMA bill in Mass!!! I am so excited words can not decribe! Here we come Boston!! NY is next!!
  23. THE JUDGE'S JURY: Seven Ways to Fix What's Broken
    1. Five judges, not three In addition to creating a market for lousy T-shirts and an inexplicable fetish for dragons, MMA's growth has also seen a sharp rise in the number of people who are...
  24. The best of the decade: 10 best fighters over the past 10 years
    The nature of mixed martial arts dictates that stars come and go. Injuries, burnout, contract issues and illness make it so that few fighters can dominate for a long period of time. But there have...
  25. Mousasi vs Silva?
    I think there are a few bigger lightheavys that could beat Mousasi, but I can't help but compare him to Anderson Silva at an earlier time period. If Anderson decides to retire that is the one guy I...
  26. Fight club help, Please help asap guys!
    OK, Who knows if I buy a fight club membership like today, Will I be able to buy tickets on monday (for UFC 110). How does it work, It says they send stuff by mail and it will take up to 20 days!...
  27. MMA Fighter Married in the Cage
    For fighters, the steel cage is an outlet to express their passion towards martial arts and competition. The Ultimate Fighter 6 cast member John Kolosci has gone a step further, taking the setting...
  28. VOTE NOW on the MMA Hit Pit 2009 UK Year End Awards sponsored by The Fight *****
    VOTE NOW on the MMA Hit Pit 2009 UK Year End Awards sponsored by The Fight Maf!a for all UK fans out there make sure you vote on your favourites, there is also a few worldwide categories so feel free...
  29. Pookie's Ten Man MMA fight card Draft
    There are 9 open spots at the moment. To be accepted in this draft, i must recognize you as an active poster. Re-Copied rules(tell me to elaborate if you need me to.) The picks will be done as a...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
  30. Fantasy Fight: Melvin Manhoef vs. Cheick Kongo
    Weight I don't think will be a huge factor as Melvin dispatched Mark Hunt fairly easily. I have to go with Melvin on this one.
  31. Ring of Fire 36
    linkage The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights finale is Saturday night in Las Vegas, so it’s only appropriate that Friday night’s Ring of Fire 36 main event in the Magness Arena on the University of...
  32. MFC 23: Unstoppable
    link As a primer to all the weekend's action, HDNet will be providing fans with some of the best mixed martial arts that Canada has to offer as Maximum Fighting Championships will air MFC 23:...
  33. Ex-UFC champ Tim Sylvia hopeful for NYE fight in Japan; Strikeforce bound?
    link "I'm hearing it'll be (Hong Man) Choi ... but I think Alistair (Overeem) would be a tougher fight," Sylvia said. "But I really don't care. I just want to fight. And Japan has always been a...
  34. comparisons
    compare 2 different fighters on any basis example: clay guida and keith jardine they'll both always fight top guys but never for the title example 2: josh koscheck and rashad evans great wrestlers...
  35. Rabi's MMA Playground League Season 2 ( New players welcome Deadline Friday 11 Dec)
    Here are the divisions for season 2 which will begin at UFC 107. If new players join I will set up a fifth division and more if neccesary. new players need to leave there name on this thread by...
    Pages: 2 3
  36. Vertical Elbows: Should they be illegal?
    obviously the Jones/Hamill fight is inspiring this thread. i know Joe Rogan said something about the old martial art expos that demonstrated the power of vertical elbows scaring the commission into...
    Pages: 2
  37. "Fyodoroduh!" Fedor's At It Again!
    He's doing silly foreign TV commercials, this time a Snickers spot in Korea. And once again sans the Glorious Sweater Of Absolute Victory. It's quite funny, especially in the second half....
  38. A quick Interview with Joe Doerksen
    1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? My fight vs Denis Kang. Because he is a world class competitor, and the fight was non stop action, with a good mix of ground...
  39. ASK THE DOC: Should 12/6 Elbow Strikes Be Illegal in MMA?
    What are the biggest risks of 12-to-6 elbows, and do you believe they should be illegal in mixed martial arts competitions? – Blaize Richardson This has become a very popular question after the...
  40. Fantasy UFC
    This was a game I thought up myself and I thought I would try and get it up and running again. I will run this game for 10 events in line with the MMA Playground season. What I will also do is send...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7
  41. filho, ninja, strongest man and two tuf finale prelims
    madsen/wren hallman/howard Filho/Tatsuhiko Rua/Jones Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. Marcin Najman
  42. Belcher has finaly arrived!!!
    This kid has been impressive before and has had a roller coaster of wins and losses in his UFC career. Now he has come full circle and is fighting great from all areas of the game. He showed his chin...
  43. SF or WEC 45?
    Got this poll off mmajunkie. In light of the great mma we saw last night, it got me wondering come next week, which card will you tuning into? Obviously we're gonna see all the fights eventually, but...
  44. BJ pulling a reverse Fedor?
    Does BJ's dismantling of a top Lightweight contender in Diego Sanchez prove he is without doubt the best Lightweight fighter alive today? Looking back through his record it is hard to argue...
  45. The World's Strongest Man Pudzianowski vs Najman
    Mariusz "Pudzian" Pudzianowski - the best ever strongman in the world, 5 times worldmaster in Strongman competition had a first fight in MMA. Here you can watch his MMA debut video : Mariusz...
  46. Zuffa
    What does eveyone think about if Zuffa were to take the names and stock they got from IFL and Pride and make two sister companies like WEC? PRIDE (ex.) Take the fighters like : Wanderlei Randy Chuck...
  47. The 14 Greatest MMA Photos Of 2009
    So far, of course. This is a Cage Potato list, but it's a darn good one. http://www.cagepotato.com/greatest-mma-photos-2009 A nice mix of good and funny photos but on a serious note they did one...
  48. Showtime Again Offers "All Access" For Saturday's SF Event
    Showtime Sports again offers its "Strikeforce: All Access" option for this weekend's event broadcast. The online interactive experience, which complements Saturday's Showtime broadcast of...
  49. Nate Marquart V. Rich Franklin
    Why have we never seen this fight they both loss to anderson silva along the the same time that would be a good fight (stupid catch weights)
  50. SF Evolution & WEC 45 Weigh-Ins
    Probably easier to just put both in one thread for tonight... SF weigh-ins are scheduled to begin at 7:30 PM ET, WEC weigh-ins at 7 PM ET. WEC weigh-ins will be streamed on Junkie and wec.tv. SF...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174