General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. "The Immortal" Steamrolls Wilkes!!!????
    Usually the TUF winner gets a can in his first fight. That said, most recent winner James Wilkes has drawn Matt Brown. IMO Brown only gets better with every fight and absolutly destroyed Pete Sell in...
  2. A quick Interview with Razak Al-Hassan
    1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? My first pro fight back in Feb '07. I won in under 60 secs by making my opponent submit to leg kicks. It was fun and exciting match...
  3. Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers Bonus predictions
    FOTN: Miller vs. Shields SOTN: Werdum (over Silva) KOTN: Mousasi (over Sokoudjou) UPSET: None
  4. Most exciting GNP(fights/Fighters)
    I'm getting all pumped because I saw that thread talking about what event got you into the UFC and I started thinking my earlier favorite fighters like Tito Ortiz and am now pumped he's coming back....
  5. A quick interview with Jeremy Horn
    1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? Forest Griffen, it was fun 2. What do you see as your biggest win in your career so far and why? I'm not sure there are many 3. If...
  6. Fedor-Rogers: Only 2 Million Viewers?
    Jesse Holland thinks that's being generous. In his latest somewhat-regular appearance on Pro MMA Radio last night, the Mania siterunner told host Larry Pepe that's what he thinks the total viewership...
  7. Five MMA Fighters Who Went Out on Top
    The temptation to keep fighting until you're nothing more than a broken-down shell of your former self can be an overpowering one. Somehow, these men managed to resist it... Link
  8. most overrated fight
    What is the most overrated fight of all time, a fight that gets way more hype than it should. TO me it's Chuck vs. Wanderlie, ya it was a slug fest but both guys clearly weren't what they used to be
  9. Taking the Stand: Defending the Ten-Point Must System
    Dave Meltzer lays his solution to the ten-point must system "problem": I’ve previously advocated a system that is basically identical to the one Nelson "Doc" Hamilton suggested earlier this year when...
  10. A quick interview with Mark Hominick
    These were the 5 questions: 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? 2. What do you see as your biggest win in your career so far and why? 3. If you could rematch any one...
  11. Hong Man Choi on Japanese gameshow?
    I stumbled across this today and immediately thought I'd better share this with the playground This is quite old (some may have seen it before) but it's worth a look and quite funny. Gotta love the...
  12. ESPN - Brett Rogers: From Sam's Club To MMA
    Brett Rogers talks about his journey to MMA and his fight on Saturday with Fedor Emelianenko.....(just complete destruction on the pronunciation of Emelianenko in the intro....LOL)...
  13. Anyone else going to Strikeforce in Chicago?
    A few of us Bullies decided last minute to make the trip down from Minnesota for the fights. Just curious what other Playground members will be in attendence.
  14. What chance of winning dose Rogers have?
  15. SF Press Conference: Quite The Clash Of Styles
    The clothing wars were really something: Coenen (left) vs. Modafferi. Notice how Rogers is eyeing Coenen. Better shot of Modafferi...of course the glasses make her more attractive (OK, I naturally...
  16. Sengoku 11 Weigh-Ins
    The results: Everyone made weight. Hatsu Hioki (64.9 kg/143.1 lb) vs. Michihiro Omigawa (64.9 kg/143.1 lb) Mamed Khalidov (82.4 kg/181.7 lb) vs. Jorge Santiago (83 kg/183 lb) Satoru Kitaoka (70...
  17. Strikeforce Weigh-Ins?
    EDIT: Nevermind...just found the info. The official weigh-in event for Strikeforce: “Fedor vs. Rogers” is set to take place at the Sears Centre – Main Concourse (5333 Prairie Stone Parkway) in...
  18. Strikeforce Predictions
    Heavyweight bout: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers Middleweight Championship bout: Jake Shields vs. Jason Miller Light Heavyweight bout: Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Heavyweight...
  19. Favorite Fighter Of All Time!!!!
    Simple. Who is your favorite fighter and why? And if you want, favorite fighter in each weight class. HW-Big Baby lol LHW-ShoGun MW-Marquardt WW-GSP LW-Frankie FW-Aldo BW-none
    Pages: 2
  20. They must not like Scott Smith
    Looks like Cung Le's first opponent when he comes back to strikeforce will be Scott Smith. Im sorry smith. What are your guy's thoughts?
  21. strikeforce like old ufc??
    Just wondered if u guys think they're trying to copy the old ufc. Watching it today suprised me a little bit how much its like the old ufc the ramp, the smoke, the octagon, sponsored by full tilt(the...
  22. i want to see Rogers vs
    Overeem I think that would be a great fight. Thoughts?
  23. Gus Johnson is a jackass.........
    what the hell was wrong with him taking the mic from fedor?... i mean come on one of the best fighters in the world wants to get his last words in and u dont give it to him, what a jackass
  24. Did you see that, because Grim missed it...
    They posted that punch (casting punch)on the video page( FEDOR PUNCH"SAMBO") , brett should be a member of the playground i think i'll send him an invite!
  25. Jake Shields - Where is he ranked?
    I noticed that he is still ranked in the top 5 for WW on this site. He needs to be taken out of there and ranked appropriately at MW. His last 2 fights were at MW and he plans on staying there. Not...
    Pages: 2
  26. Thoughts after the Strike Force show
    1. It seems like the inside leg kick has become notorious for turning into the groin kick. But I wondered last night during the Moussasi/ Soku fight ; Perhaps, the inside leg kick doesn't hit the...
  27. From Russia With Glove (SF Gifs)
  28. The losers were the real winners last night.
    I haven't had a chance to catch the broadcast from last night yet so I'm not sure if the commentary team touched on much of this. IMO some of the losers from last night did more to propel their...
  29. What seems to have gone unnoticed (shields vs mayhem)
    Jake was damn close to pulling off one of the rarest submissions in mma Show some love for the twister! Eddie Bravo must of been shrieking in anticipation! I know I was
  30. Fedor's lean weight?
    I was impressed with Fedor on Saturday. A good fight with a great ending. Well done Rogers by the way. What I was more impressed with (and have been in most of his recent fights) is that this guy...
  31. lindland vs jacare
    Im interested in everyones opinion on this fight. Personally I think Matt takes this. He has better wrestling,TDD, clinch game, and striking(not world class by any means but improving by leaps and...
  32. Chris Leben at 170?
    Does anyone think he could make the cut? He doesn't look that huge like it would be a really big cut for him. I'd say Anthony Johnson and possibly even Koscheck are bigger. Probably Fitch too. I...
  33. best ko pics of fedor rogers fight
    i looked 4 some good pics of the knockout at the fedor rogers fight but i couldent find any so i took these,so i own the best ko pics of the fedor vs rogers fight:).
  34. List your top 7close fight wrong decision
    Serra- Hughes Condit -Ellenburger Davis- Hardy Machida-Shogun Bisping-Evans Bisping- Hamill Ninja- Rampage and Couture-Sylvia
  35. Renzo Gracie vs Matt Hughes UFC 109
    There has been talk at UFC 109 Matt hughes is going to fight Renzo gracie. Renzo gracie might be making a comeback and ufc debut. If this fight does happen I think renzo will win with sub taken matt...
  36. Strikeforce: Miller and Davis paid win bonuses
    One of the lowpoints of Saturday's Strikeforce card was the cancellation of the undercard bout between Mark Miller and Deray Davis. The fight didn't happen because of a lack of time between their...
  37. For Those Still Loyal To The Dragon
    So of all the fleeting fans of the once ever so popular Lyoto Machida, I ask you this. Who still considers him best fighter at 205 and/or pound for pound even. My personal opinion is the ONLY match...
  38. Best Fedor Gif EVER!!!
    I just had to be the first to post this...lol.
  39. Brock Lesnar in a bad way?
    According to wrestlingobserver.com Brock Lesnar is in extremely bad shape and there are questions as to whether he will ever fight again. Lesnar, 32, is in far worse shape than he has been letting...
  40. Joe Rogan.... The COOLEST guy ever
    Thought this would be interesting. Watching a AWESOME pro-marijuana movie titled "The Union". VERY cool movie with Joe Rogan giving his opinion on good ol mary jane. Your thoughts? :P WAR Stoned Joe...
  41. ANy links to the Etim fight?
    Props will flow!
  42. UFC 108...what can/will they do?
    108 is the new 85, except wayyyy worse. So many injuries have affected good cars this year, next weekend being another example. The ufc really has its hand full trying to save their big "year end"...
  43. UFC-WEC merger in 2010
    Tatame.com Bloodyelbow.com Biggest MMA event of the planet, UFC has plans even bigger to 2010. Sources close to WEC informed TATAME.com that the UFC will add new weights categories on the next year,...
  44. So I'm faaaaairly new
    I'd like to ask anyone for some reeeealy epic fights preferably from K1 or older UFC fights that i can look up to gain a wider view on MMA? I hear every now and then a name or reference to a fight i...
  45. Next for Jake Shields?
    I know it maybe a little early for this topic but I was curious as to what other people may consider Jake Shields next opponent for the Strikeforce Middleweight Title? Cung Le is fighting next month...
  46. Which fighter has the most knockout wins? Submission wins?
    Hello, I'm just curious which MMA fighter has the most Knockout wins, and which fighter has the most submission wins. I see Noguera with 20 submission wins. Is there anyone higher then that? I've...
  47. WEC 44 Weigh-Ins & Q&A Tonight
    The WEC 44 weigh-ins are set for tonight for tomorrow's event. The weigh-ins should start at 7 PM ET. Live streaming video will be available via wec.tv and most of the usual outlets. In addition,...
  48. WEC 44: The Big Question
    Is the hype surrounding Aldo for real, or is Brown gonna derail him tomorrow night? I personally keep going back and forth. Aldo has destroyed virtually everyone he's fought in the WEC, but he hasn't...
  49. Best MMA Event Promo Posters!
    Show a picture of your favorite MMA Event Posters. I got a couple here you guys might like
  50. King Mo Tweets that he will be fighting....
    link From Lawal’s twitter account: KingMO_GDP King Mo vs….Put it like this….Its a type of pimple!!! Ima bust it tho!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175