General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Cerrone vs Henderson
    What did you think of the cerrone/henderson fight? I dont know about anyone else but i'm still kinda on the fence about who really won. There was a lot of small points scored and a lot of huge...
  2. "The Expendables" Trailer. Featuring Randy Couture.
    Take a look. Smells like a wait for the DVD to me. http://www.cagepotato.com/first-look-expendables-trailer
  3. Which fighter has had the biggest fall from grace since the playgrounds inception?
    there have been a lot of changes in the rankings and in general thoughts on how good some fighters really are since the playground started nearly three years ago. some guys were considered nearly...
  4. Fields Dynamite!! 2009-12/31 in Saitama, Japan
    Fields Dynamite!! 2009: December 31, 2009 Venue: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan Main card airs in US on HDNet MMA fights: vs. DREAM Super Hulk GP Finals: Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Sokoudjou vs....
    Pages: 2
  5. VS. replaying Cerrone vs. Henderson twice tonight (15 Oct 09)
    ...in case you haven't seen it yet. 'Cause at the end of the year, when people are talking Fight of the Year candidates, you don't want to be that guy who hasn't seen any of the non-UFC fights that...
  6. Elbows you like em or time for a change?
    Tonight at practice a few of us were talking about elbows in MMA and as always some like them others don't. Both sides have good arguments that can't be ignored. Then one of the guys says how about...
  7. Genki Sudo: J-Pop Superstar
    If Yves Edwards is the busiest fighter in MMA, Sudo is the Yves Edwards of MMA post-retirement. Now he's doing J-Pop (Japanese pop music): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-1e56eyHNI The song's title...
  8. Overeem fight from last night
    here
  9. Oleg Taktarov: "Shamrock, Coleman and Goodridge used steroids"
    valetudo.ru: Who was your strongest opponent? Shamrock, Ruas, Tank, Severn, Goodridge? OT: The tactically solid one was Severn, since he never went for exchange and was setting up a goal to win by...
  10. What Value Are Submission Attempts in Mixed Martial Arts?
    The biggest issue is that many people -- some fighters included -- see submissions as an "all or nothing" proposition. Either your opponent taps, or there is no value in the technique at all. If that...
  11. ok has Jesse Taylor aged?
    Seriously he looks like at least 55 years old
  12. Frank Shamrock
    i know this is random but does anyone know if frank shamrock has been wearing braces lately. i saw an interview from strikeforce with him and carano and it looked like he had braces.
  13. Fighting badly in dreams.
    Do professional fighters fight badly in their dreams? I've trained martial arts for about 14 years and whenever i have a dream about fighting it is always very mechanical and not fluid at all. I was...
  14. Fights you would like to see next year
    With this year pretty wrapped up on key, big matchups, what are some match-ups that would be relevant, and interesting for you through out next year? I think the UFC should put together these...
  15. Shogun Fights TONIGHT
    ANyone in the Baltimore area going to the first MMA event in MD? I am...I'm looking forward to it...its too bad I'm missing the machida shogun fight but I want to support local mma....especially its...
  16. DREAM 12 Thoughts/Predictions
    I know everyone is pre-occupied with UFC 104 tonight, but come on people, start of season 8 with DREAM in a cage with 3 rounds ! I'm stoked to see this as well. It airs live like 1-2 hours after UFC...
  17. DREAM 12 Weigh-Ins
    The results: Everyone made weight, although Won Sik Park needed 2 tries. He was 2.2 pounds/1 kg over on his first try, but made it on his second try. Alistair Overeem (115.0 kg/253.0 lbs.) vs. James...
  18. Just a dream: "UFC Presents PRIDE 35"
    I had an interesting dream the other night. The UFC was promoting a retro, PRIDE FC card, featuring former PRIDE fighters in a boxing ring, with a 1-minute first round and a one-time broadcast crew...
  19. Dream 12 Stream/Results/Discussion
    I won't be able to provide any streams for you guys because the stream I usually go to got shut down due to copyright infringement but you can still catch the event if you have sopcast or tvu. Have a...
  20. post DREAM 12 thoughts. *SPOILERS*
    Tomoya Miyashita vs Keisuke Fujiwara - good exciting ground battle but i didnt expect Fujiwara to get as dominated as he did, seeing as i tipped him lol Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs Parky - not happy with...
  21. Joe Daddy vs. Edgar
    WHo would win this fight? I don't know why but after yesterday's fight against Fisher I want to see him vs. edgar next (I know he's fighting Pellegrino at UFN 20). This could be a great test to see...
  22. UFC 104 and Dream 12 Awards, A Great weekend for MMA
    This was an absolute great weekend for mma minus some of the 104 drama which shall not be talked about on this thead. Give your awards and a little explanation of why you chose it. Knockout of the...
  23. Worst Screw Jobs
    Fresh off of ufc 104, which I thought was a screw job but not one of epic proportions, what are the biggest screw jobs in the history of combat sports. For mma I'd say bisping vs. hammil, bisping out...
  24. Rua vs Evans
    I know that Rua vs Machida is getting a lot of attention right now, and rightfully so with the controversial decision. I will admit I've bashed Shogun in the past but I thought he won the fight, and...
  25. Busy November for MMA Fans
    It's gonna be a great month and can't wait for it. The card I anticipate the most in Fedor vs Rogers. They have the best overall card and it for sure should deliver a great night of fights for us. We...
  26. Fleek's Tag Team Eliminator Challenge
    We'll start off with 64 players (will accept up to 128). All names will be drawn out of a "hat" to form 32 teams of two. These 2-man teams will then compete in a tournament-style challenge based on...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6
  27. A quick Interview with Brad Pickett
    Brad Pickett is an MMA fighter from the UK who fights at 145lb. His current record is 17-4 with 6TKO and 8 subs. I have him on my friends list on Facebook so I compiled 5 general questions and sent...
  28. Dream fights
    At the min everyone wants to see a rematch with machida/shogun and thats me included.But what other fights wud you love to see be it in the ufc or all of mma. Mine wud be Brock vs Fedor H/W Rampage...
  29. A quick interview with Patrick Cote
    The same five questions for the former No 1 contender in the UFC MW division. 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? Tito Ortiz was awesome, I made my name with this one...
  30. A quick interview with Tom Kong Watson
    Here is an interview with one of the UK's top fighters. 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? Pokem was my favourite fight because it was a good stand up battle. 2. What...
  31. A quick interview with Matt Arroyo
    TUF and UFC Veteran 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? Me vs Dorian price.. Because I only had 3 fights going into the show before I fought him and he had over...
  32. A quick interview with Pete Spratt
    UFC veteran who debuted at UFC 37.5. 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? Probably my fight on October 2nd for the MFC vs. Nathan Gunn! I had microfracture knee surgery...
  33. A quick interview with Sami Berek
    An MMA vet of over 40 fights. 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? I like dave lee caus i used the hammerfist which id been working on and nearly kicked him in the head...
  34. A quick interview with Kultar Black Mamba Gill
    A Dream Veteran. I asked the following 5 questions. 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? 2. What do you see as your biggest win in your career so far and why? 3. If you...
  35. A quick Interview with Tony Desouza
    An MMA veteran with 6 UFC fights. 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? luis azeredo in brasil. I moved the people and the people moved me. 2. What do you see as your...
  36. A quick interview with Paul Kelly
    1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? think prob the troy fight cos i was really injurd for that fight an had to dig deap for the w 2. What do you see as your biggest...
  37. Jack's Rants-10/28/09
    What's up everybody...rant on 1.Shogun/Machida- Controversial, intriguing. I am set on 3 rounds to 2. If I watched the fight live, in person, as the judges did/do, and had to judge the fight moments...
  38. Fedor vs Arlovski
    OK, this video is needlessly long, it has a few too many replays and pointless pictures and commentary, but it does show some interesting things in the fight that even I didn't notice when I was...
  39. A quick interview with Neil Grove
    An MMA vetaran with 10 mma fights ( 1 UFC ) and 8 wins all TKO's. 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? there is something amazing to remember in most of my fights......
  40. A quick interview with Cung Le
    1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? Frank Shamrock and the China Champion 2. What do you see as your biggest win in your career so far and why? Frank Shamrock for the...
  41. A quick interview with Jamie Varner
    1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? my world title fight against rob and I had to over come alot and it was my first KO 2. What do you see as your biggest win in your...
  42. Strikeforce Air Date
    I'm wondering what's up with the upcoming events listing.... It says that this event is on Friday, but everything I've heard says it's on Saturday, the 7th. Is this just an error on this site or is...
  43. Fedor Highlight by xxTapoutxx
    New Highlight i made to create some hype for his upcoming fight let me know what you think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG2O_3iw220
  44. Which event made you an MMA life"r"
    I remember watching the old UFC's as a kid, but in the early to mid nineties I was a huge WWF fan and "couldn't" watch the UFC. I stopped watching the WWF around 2000 when I pretty much came to the...
  45. A quick interveiw with Ray Steinbeiss
    An 18 fight MMA veteran. 1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? nick diaz, was a war. I lost a close fight and the fans showed it because it was a blood bath. 2. What do...
  46. American Top Team Boys Make A Few Prank Calls....
    thought this was pretty damn funny. Link
  47. Live chat tonight with UFC fighter Terry Etim
    Our guest LIVE this Sunday at 8pm UK time on The Pit Stop will be none other than UFC fighter Terry Etim. If you haven't been to The Pit Stop yet, all you have to do is be there at 8pm when the chat...
  48. FEDOR V ROGERS is to be aired in UK!!!
    LINK If you have cable, you will see the fight.
  49. A quick interview with Cheick Kongo
    1. Which is your favourite fight you have fought in so far and why? my favourite fight was when i won my first world champion belt in mma and thai boxing coz i up graded my level 2. What do you see...
  50. Marius Zaromskis signed with StrikeForce!!
    To me this is a huge deal. He completly dominated the Dream WW GP. Adn is still rolling off head kick KOs like its somthing easy!! Cant wait to see him in his US debut! Not that SF has much to offer...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175