General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. I see a big upset in Fedor vs. Rogers Strikeforce Fight.
    Hey All The MMA fans :) Am I the only one who think Rogers is going to pull the biggest upset this year if not ever in MMA against mr.Fedor Emelianenko ?:) Fedor will have to prepare well for this...
  2. Prank Call to Dana White
    not sure if you guys seen this but it pretty funny LINKMIN
  3. Craziest Thought in MMA
    Ok, so of course I got this idea while browsing on the sherdog forums but it is an iteresting topic. Don't call me a troll. What if Kimbo was around for UFC 1? Would Royce Gracie have won? Would MMA...
  4. Are you a closet Kimbo fan?
    Seeing some of the posts on the board got me wondering. I see a lot less Kimbo "hate" now than when he first came on the scene. Added to which I am starting to see some people actually say they like...
  5. UWC 7
    Anyone planning on going to this event? If I lived closer, I would be there but I am carless this semester. Looks like an exciting show and I;m sure tickets would only be around 50 or less.
  6. The New MMA Playground Tournament
    It's basically the same as the Playground Grand Prix but with teams. Teams will be made up of 8 players (or less) including the team captain. There'll be 8 captains (or less) who will select from the...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7
  7. How will Strikeforce build up Fedor?
    I cant think of what they could do because even if they put shows on about him, the average person wont watch because they still dont know who he is. I think they'll have to put his face everywhere...
  8. Sport or Entertainment
    OK, this is a topic that I’ve heard a few different places, but I’ve never heard the minds of the Playground discuss it. Is MMA a Sport or Entertainment? Personally, I consider it to be a sport. But...
  9. DREAM 11 Thoughts
    Dont know about you guys, but I'll definately be watching this tuesday morning. It airs at 7 a.m. instead of the usual 3 a.m, and may be the last DREAM event we see in a ring The card has lost a...
  10. DC and Virginia Peeps
    "MMA Nation" airs every Saturday 7:00pm EST to 9:00pm EST on 106.7 WJFK. To listen live over the Internet, go to WJFK's website and click "Listen Live".
  11. Who's the fighter of the year?
    Which fighter do you feel is going to be the "Fighter of the Year"?
  12. Anyone from New Orleans??
    Looking to see if there is anyone from the New Orleans area, if so hit me up. Battle of New Orleans Cage Fights - 10/17
  13. Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans 2
    Assuming they win their next fights, which is likely, what do you think would go down in a rematch between these two? Rashad has grown as a fighter since then, and has basically changed his style,...
  14. "The Last Bachelor" Is No More...
    Seems Fedor got married over the weekend. Pictures on his website and text if you can read Russian: http://efedor.ru/news/424.html No word on if the honeymoon will be before or after the Brett Rogers...
  15. DREAM 11 Weigh-Ins
    The results: Everyone made weight. Joachim Hansen (150.4) vs. Shinya Aoki (153.9)-DREAM Lightweight Title Fight Kazushi Sakuraba (184.1) vs. Rubin Williams (181.9) Tatsuya Kawajiri (154.1) vs....
  16. Ortiz's return
    With Ortiz now back, how well do you think he will do in a now heavily stacked division. He may seem like he is past his prime but look at his fights with the three past champions in the LHW...
  17. LHW Prospect Rodney Wallace (9-0) Scheduled for TUF Finale
    There have been rumors in the past couple of days about Salibury, North Carolina natvie Rodney "Sho Nuff the Master" Wallace (9-0) signing with the UFC. This morning Rodney, himself, confirmed those...
  18. Gina Carano ESPN Body issue!!
    i have officaly changed my avatar after seeing this pic! All I have to say is DAMN!!!!!!!!!! The girl has an amazing body! just thought the Playground would wana se this. i got the pic from...
  19. CC's last two fights
    Who should they be? I think most people are in favor of him fighting lower guys to go out good. Giving him contenders just doesn't make sense now.
  20. Will Faber ever be WEC champ again?
    Sherdog had it as a poll so I thought I would bring it here.
  21. WEC Deal in Hand; Faber Plans January Return
    "Former World Extreme Cagefighting Championship featherweight titleholder Urijah Faber recently inked a six-fight contract with the organization. Faber got the deal he wanted, but the biggest factor...
  22. Almost Healthy, Joe Riggs Just Wants to Fight
    "Joe Riggs is itching to get back into the cage. The Strikeforce welterweight is healthy, or mostly healthy, since his release from an Arizona hospital in mid-August following an adverse reaction to...
  23. Mark Miller vs. Deray Davis at Strikeforce CBS
    '"Ultimate Fighter" season nine contestant Mark Miller will make his Strikeforce debut Nov. 7 against Deray Davis on the undercard of Strikeforce on CBS. MMAWeekly.com first learned of the match-up...
  24. Where's Nick Diaz?
    Came across this pic....got a laugh, thought I'd post it.
  25. Shinya Aoki vs Joachim Hansen pissed me off
    I know I am just being bitter, but I really think that was Hansen's fight until he finally succumbed to that armbar. I was neutral going into this fight, but during it I couldn't help but side with...
  26. Is Quinton Jackson being dumb or what???
    Ok people, Keep in mind Rampage is one of my favourite fighter because of personal actions and fighting style.. And I am writing this after a 6 pack of Pale Ale, The best beer in the world. Made in...
  27. Caption time. Aoki vs. Hansen
    Gimme a caption; don't post anything that will get you banned. And check out all the other great photos from Daniel Herbertson for Dream11 on Sherdog.
  28. Future fight between Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida ?
    Dana White on Jim Rome is Burning I know that they said they would never fight each other, but how would this fight go down ? I think Silva would push it to a decision because of his quick in and...
  29. Most exciting fight
    Which fight would you most like to see
  30. The "Junkie Typo Monster" Strikes Again!
    Could it mean a 3-way fight at SF on 11/7?
  31. Strikeforce: Fedor Vs. Rogers-11/7 On CBS
    Strikeforce: November 7, 2009 Venue: Sears Center in Hoffman Estates, IL Main card airs live on CBS TV fights: vs. Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers vs. Jake Shields vs. Jason Miller for the vacant...
  32. You my dawg, brah: MMA's five best bro-mances
    Despite the fact that MMA is an individual sport, strong bonds are forged in gyms as fighters train with each other. Some fighters, though, have become so close that it's hard to imagine one without...
  33. WEC 43 Weigh-Ins
    The results, no video anywhere: Mackens Semerzier has missed weight. We'll find out soon if he gets more time, if so he must lose 1/2 pound. Donald Cerrone (154.5) vs. Benson Henderson (155) Dave...
  34. jake shields vs jason miller predictions
    ok, we have the looks of a great battle here. Jake Shields 5'11 last five fights 5-0 Win Robbie Lawler Submission (Guillotine Choke) Win Paul Daley Submission (Armbar) Win Nick Thompson...
  35. What is best MMA website?
    if you could only pick one mma website for MMA news not including site like the playground that collect news from all other websites
  36. See Rampage as B.A. Baracus....
    Well, Not in full costume, But 1st close up pic of the mowhak!
  37. Little dude pulls off flying arm bar
    Pretty cool to see. video
  38. Hillarious Randy Couture Retirement Video
    Watch the whole thing the ends the best
  39. Fedor Emelianenko Puts Ice Down Gegard Mousasi's Pants
    LINKMIN
  40. Ben Henderson is freaking Gumby
    This is the first WEC event that I really sat down and watched, and man am I glad I did. Some very entertaining fights. Henderson vs. Cerrone is one of the best fights I've seen hands down. I truly...
  41. Benson Henderson: superhuman?
    How on earth did that man manage to hold his breath for long enough to escape two length chokes, and then on top of that work his way out of two of the nastiest arm bars I've ever seen. For crying...
  42. Upset of the year?
    Mackens Semerzier and unranked fighter defeats Wagnney Fabiano whom many have ranked as the #3 (#4 at the worst) FW in the world via triangle choke in the first round. When I read the fight result my...
  43. Shonie Carter vs Carlos Newton-W1
    I went to this show last night and I cant remember many results throughout the night, many fighters were just getting started in their careers but Carlos Newton did defeat Shonie via unanimous...
  44. Henderson Decision marred by controversy.
    Here is a good article by WKR on the controversial decision from WEC 43. I agree with most of the points made in this article. ...but perhaps more entertaining is the Fightlinker Haikus about it....
  45. DREAM 12 rounds
    Mike Schiavello posted on his Facebook that there is going to 3x5 minute rounds apposed to the normal 10 minute first 5 minute second. Just though id give the heads up.
  46. Cerrone/Henderson may vie for Fight of the Year
    If you havent watched the fight then you need to now, or if you have, it is worth watching more than once. WEC: "Cerrone v. Henderson"
  47. DREAM 12 Poster Up
  48. flying omoplata (gif)
  49. Interview With UFC Light Heavyweight Razak Al-Hassan
    It will be around ten months since you last fought when you step in the cage at UFC 104, how has your recovery been? Razak Al-Hassan - My recovery from my injury has been great. Just to make it clear...
  50. When do you rewatch a fight (poll)
    Emotional attachment of your favorite fighters , your fantasy picks/wagers and/or real money wagers , I feel you dont get a clear version of the fight watching it only once . Not to mention , im sure...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175