General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. How many fights will Kimbo Slice win on TUF 10 if any?
    I have been hearing Kimbo interviews lately and I have to admit I am a bit surprised. Of course he talks pretty gangster but most of what he has been saying is pretty respectful. It is making me...
  2. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix rd1 match 4
    Pookie is the defending champ Pookie v gspfan pookie ( WW and LW ) "Opening Round Kenny Florian v. Sean Sherk Joachim Hansen v. Josh Thomson Sataru Kitaoka v. Gray Maynard Tatsuya Kawajiri v. Gilbert...
  3. Houston Alexander
    Is it offical? Is Houston Alexander No longer in the UFC. If so does anyone know where he may be fighting?
  4. Fedor Emelianenko, UFC Finalizing Deal
    A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world's best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President...
  5. Patrick Willis in the Octagon?!?!
    Patrick Willis takes up MMA!!! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/patrick-willis-takes-up-mma/
  6. What's In Gina Carano's Purse?
    Funny ESPN video clip, seems she's got a lot of typical stuff you'd expect women to have in their purses. http://sports.espn.go.com/videohub/video/video?id=4342029
  7. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix SF vote 1
    1daveufc v mayhem13 1daveufc ( MW and WW ) RN1. DENNIS KANG VS RICH FRANKLIN-FRANKLIN A.SILVA VS A BELCHER-A.SILVA D.MAIA VS T.LEITES-MAIA T.ALVES VS C.LEBEN-ALVES P.COTE VS N.MARQUART-MARQUART...
  8. FEDOR PRESS CONFERENCE: Twitter Play-By-Play
    LINK Fedor Emelianenko is set to make his first public comments since his fight with Josh Barnett at Affliction Trilogy was canceled, and when he does, we'll have live coverage here at FanHouse....
  9. Jack's Rants-7/29/09
    Lot's to rant on, as always... 1. Affliction no more- Obviously, Affliction was doomed, considering their operating process. The Barnett thing is a big disappointment. I wanted that matchup to...
  10. Pulling Guard
    When a fighter pulls guard, does that count as a take down for him?? or the other guy?? i dont see how it would count for the other guy because he did nothing to take him down , the fighter pulled...
  11. Fedor in Strikeforce?
    Dont wanna start anymore Fedor hysteria, or more rumors... but I recieved a press release from EA Sports today about the new game. in it was the line "Prior to Emelianenko signing to Strikeforce, he...
  12. upcoming MMA event: Bitetti Combat
    i just found this on wiki it looks like a great card worthy of being in the secondary picks Bitetti Combat MMA is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the 2 time Absolute (Openweight)...
  13. PureCombat This Past Saturday: 3 SECOND KO!
    Skip to the 51 second mark of this clip and don't blink. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmAX2KCFxiA&feature=player_embedded Unofficially, it ties the record for fastest-ever KO in an MMA fight. The...
  14. PA MMA rules???
    Does anyone have a link to the official ammy rules for PA? I found bits and pieces, but not the whole set of rules. I know there's no G&P, but when it comes to standup, are knees (at least to the...
  15. MMA and ragdoll physics
    For funny stuff click here Made me lol
  16. Training Footage: Kitaoka’s Submission Wizardry
    For those that have not seen this yet... check out Kitaoka grappling with some of Japan's best in preparation for his fight with Hirota. link
  17. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix SF vote 2
    Kpro v Pookie KPRO's 2010LHW Grand Prix Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida, 15-0 with 5 TKO’s (6’1” 205) vs. Alexandre “Xande” Ribeiro, 2-0 with 2 TKO’s (6’0” 205) The current #1 LHW in the world and almost...
  18. Sexy Gina Carano Pics
    I love Gina Carano, in or out of the ring.. here's my girl in a photo gallery, looking hot as usual: http://www.msg.com/photos/gina-carano-in-and-out-of-the-ring/slide/1/
  19. Sengoku IX Preview: Featherweight Grand Prix Final Preview
    Sengoku IX will take place on Sunday, August 2nd from Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan. The card features a laundry list of solid match-ups that will likely intrigue hardcore fans, including the...
  20. watch this week's "MMA Live" for some funny Rashad moments
    ESPN.com, MMA Live
  21. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix The Final
    Thanks to everyone who toom part in the Draft and thanks to everyone who has voted. Here is the final: Kpro v Mayhem13 Mayhem13 Dustin Hazelett vs Andre Galvao- Dustin Hazelett Wins Anthony Johnson...
  22. I want some TAKEDOWNS!
    Slams, tackles and throws are some of the most exciting parts of a fight IMO. but the fights lately are lacking the BOOM of a sweet take down. When was the last take down that made you jump up? i...
  23. New York MMA expo sunday
    New York MMA expo sunday august 2nd Long Island , starts 10:30am sean sherk, arlovski and clay guida are amoung the few mma fighters attending didn't know how to make a link http://www.nymmaexpo.com/
  24. Forrest Griffin in a borders harrasing people
    HAHAHAH
  25. Run Fedor Run!
    Further proof that some people have too much time on their hands...but at least they use it to make us laugh:
  26. WEC 43 adds 2 more fights
    2 more fights were added to the WEC 43 card Mark Hominick vs Davied Tourevicezs (however his name is spelled) And Mushinn Corrbey vs Anthony Njokuani (called this one when they signed MC) The card is...
  27. Sengoku 9 Weigh-Ins
    The results: Everyone made weight. Satoru Kitaoka (69.9 kg/153.8 lbs.) vs. Mizuto Hirota (70 kg/154 lbs.) Kazuo Misaki (83 kg/182.6 lbs.) vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (83 kg/182.6 lbs.) Kazuyuki Fujita...
  28. Sengoku 9 live stream??
    Does anyone have have a link to a stream for Sengoku 9 tonight if so please PM me and you will receive your props thanks in advanced
  29. Blagoi Ivanov- NOT the new Fedor
    After watching this fight I have to say Ivanov has a subpar gas tank, below average takedown defense,a sloppy guard, and throws mostly wild winging arm punches. In the beginning of the Fight it...
  30. Fight Shorts
    does anybody know where i could get a pair of fight shorts just like the ones huerta wore when he fought florian?
  31. Can I get some updates? Please
    I have been out of the country with no solid television or internet for the last 7 months or so now. I am completely out of the loop and could use some updates. Rumors I've heard / read are that...
  32. Does Fedor Really want to fight the best
    in my opinion no he doesnt if he wanted to fight the best he would have had his manager get the deal done the only person to blame for the deal not getting done is fedor i like fedor but he doesnt...
  33. No thread for Gono :( ????
    For those who didnt already know, Gono was kicked into next week at Sengoku 9 From sherdog's news, Gono was stretchered out several minutes later, and post-event reports from the hospital claimed the...
  34. Babalu vs Gegard
    I've noticed it's Gegard who is heavily favored to win this fight (28-72). I really don't understand. I know people are thinking that Babalu's chin is suspect but I beg to differ! He has only been...
  35. Strikeforce And M-1 Global Present Fedor! (Pic)
    Makes a nice poster, don't you think?
  36. Do the fighters really owe the fans anything?
    This is a question I keep asking myself when I see people posting or hear them talking about a fighter's choice in career moves, etc. I keep asking myself if these guys really owe the fans...
  37. Longtime pay-per-view promoter: ‘Boxing’s dead’
    “Over the course of a year, we might do three big boxing matches, tops. UFC is running every month. And a year in advance, I know the date and site of those shows. When I go to sell [UFC] in a bar or...
  38. Strikeforce/Dream/M-1 Global Merger and what it means to MMA
    This merger i think will be great to compete with ufc competively. Not only do all organizations got great rosters they now have fedor, diaz, moussassi, mach sakaraya, aoki, shields, melendez,...
  39. Dana White chucks money at Fedor GIF
    Dana chucks money at Fedor
  40. Kenflo impersonates Ben Stiller.
    Kenflo reading Stiller lines
  41. Fedor vs. Anderson at a catch weight
    Fedor vs. Anderson at a catch weight of 210 or maybe 215? What would happen there?
  42. Dana White calls out Fedor and rival 'Strike-farce' (video)
    DW
  43. Deep Thoughts with Jerry Millen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4nhAJakybg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmascraps.com%2F&feature=player_embedded
  44. Who should fight Jake Shields for the Strikeforce MW championship?
    Former EliteXC welterweight champion Jake Shields (23-4-1) is slated to bring his "American jiu-jitsu" into an interim Strikeforce Middleweight title fight. Cung Le (6-0) is the reigning champion,...
  45. I can't believe Anderson Silva called Robert Drysdale an "Idiot".
    On the countdown when Anderson said Robert Drysdale was an Idiot and a fool and he doesnt know what he's talking about. Hahaha Robert Drysdale would rape Anderson Silva in a Jiu-Jitsu match and...
  46. Anyone know where to find TUF 10 spoilers?
    Does anyone know where to find the TUF 10 spoilers? Or when they usually leak out if there's a usual time?
  47. UFC and M-1 Weigh in on Mousasi Rumours
    UFC matchmaker Joe Silva - who rarely makes comments directly to the media - has weighed in on the Gegard Mousasi contract controversy. Unfortunately, it hasn’t really cleared things up. Earlier this...
  48. Ricardo Arona vs Marvin Eastman?
    Did anyone catch on to the fact that Arona will be facing Marvin Eastman on Sept 12th in Brazil? Am I just behind the power curve on this one? This is the fight card I discovered: Official Fight Card...
  49. Bitetti Combat = Awesome Card!!
    Gracie Mag MMA Junkie Just wanted to send some links to show verification of the awesome fight card I discoverd last nigt while researching the rumors of Ricardo Arona's return to MMA. Enjoy, and...
  50. WEC 42 Weigh-Ins
    The results: Marcus Hicks has missed weight. 159. Fight is on at catch weight but Hicks is fined 15% of his fight purse. That money goes to Shane Roller. Miguel Torres (134) vs. Brian Bowles (134)...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175