General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Lesnar vs Fedor odds released
    Bodog and Sports Book have just released odds for Lesnar vs Fedor. Lesnar +190 Fedor -240 All wagers valid on Bodog if the fight takes place before Sunday, October 3, 2010. Interesting stuff.
  2. P4P king after GSP win?
    Sherdog has Anderson as 1, Yahoo has GSP and Fedor tied at 1 Things are very tight in this ranking but according to this site GSP is no1. #1 Georges St. Pierre 18.59% #2 Fedor Emelianenko 18.02% #3...
  3. Size Matters in MMA, but Size Doesn't Matter to Fedor Emelianenko
    link Bloody Elbow has a good post up today comparing the size of Shane Carwin, Bobby Lashley and other well known heavyweight mixed martial artists, and it points to another reason that I consider...
  4. Once Again BJ Penn Shows Us How Serious He's Training For UFC 101
    Yeah, really serious...I don't know what the point of clips like this is unless he's trying to...well...draw your own conclusions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXoqfIU0C6Y&feature=player_embedded
  5. Fighting in a week.
    I'll be fighting next saturday.(7/25) a bout at 170lbs. I currently weigh 162lbs. I know I can cut to 155 but I want a challenge. The new sanctioning body for WI says anyone under 18 has to fight...
  6. Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Mixed martial arts is for beer drinkers; Not even on his level
    Note that “Pretty Boy” is slated to go head-to-head with Juan Manuel Marquez inside the ring and UFC 103 outside of it on Sept. 19 … ding-ding: Link to video
  7. HDNET is totally loaded for the next 2 weeks
    3 shows, DREAM, Sengoku and the Affliction under card....wow! Truly the best channel on tv. DREAM 10: JULY 20 ON HDNET venue: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan -Shinya Aoki (20-4; #1...
  8. Tito Ortiz vs. Rich Franklin at UFC 103?
    insidefights.com A fun piece of speculation we tossed out a few days ago could indeed be a reality: Tito Ortiz told Tapout Radio today that he’s made amends with Dana White, the Fertittas and the...
  9. Final Preparations! Getting Ready For DREAM 10
    http://nightmareofbattle.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/final-preparations-getting-ready-for-the-tenth-dream/ #11: Marius Zarmoskis Interview Marius Zaromskis pre-fight interview. The fight is two days...
  10. Fedor Stealing Brock's Glory Without Saying A Word?
    That's what Affliction thinks based on this press release Mania just put up. (Note: This "press release" was put out by Affliction shortly after UFC 100. SEAL BEACH, California — Even in promotions...
  11. Andre Galvao ready for DREAM’s WW belt
    http://www.tatame.com/2009/07/16/Andre-Galvao-ready-for-Dreams-WW-belt With only three MMA fights in the career, André Galvão will have his biggest challenge of his career this weekend, when he...
  12. The New Heavyweight Division
    The Big boys are coming back! This is the hottest the heavyweight Div has been in years. I find myself ranking the Heavyweights and its been so long since Ive felt there isn't enough room in the top...
  13. DREAM 10 Weigh-Ins Results: One Fighter Still Trying To Make Weight
    He'll probably keep cutting until he makes it since this is DREAM and thus no real rules on it, but as far as implications go this one who missed it earlier is a huge one-Hayato Sakurai. He must get...
  14. Hendo watchin Bispings Island!
    Enjoy
  15. Is there anywhere to watch dream 10?
    for free on the internet? any website?
  16. bj penn and the gracies
    Penn started training under a gracie in bjj and got his BB under a decipal, my question is why did he fight gracies in his career? bad blood? something else? does anyone know?
  17. fedor in th UFC?
    i think that Dana won't let Fedor fight just 1 time he wants to sign him to a 3 fight deal and i don't think he will. what do u think?.
  18. And the P4P king officially is...
    Fedor Emelianenko : - Long considered the best heavyweight and P4P fighter in the world, Fedor has not only beat the best heavy weights he's done it with a weight disadvantage and he's done it...
  19. 10 things Ive learned about MMA this Year
    10. Nick Diaz can happily fight at 185. 9. GSP is a f#cking Monster! 8. The lightweight Top 10 is always in motion. 7. Kimbo respects MMA more than Lesnar. 6. Shogun is still the man! 5. Frankie...
  20. Nick Diaz
    Just wondering if anyone thinks Nick Diaz will ever return to the UFC. I hope that some day he makes is return.
  21. Ggard Mousasi
    From what I have seen the guy is pretty good. Would love to see him in the UFC when his Dream contract is over. How do you think he stacks up against other fighters in the UFC in his division?
  22. Tito Ortiz Vs Forrest Griffin 2 Needs to Happen
    Now that Ortiz and Dana have kissed and made up, Ortiz is likely to re-sign with the UFC. Im not sure what exactly would have to happen for this fight to happen but I think its a no-brainier. Their...
  23. Matt Hughes vs Shinya Aoki
    I'm curious to see who people think would win between a Prime in shape Hughes and a prime in shape Aoki. I think it's a very interesting matchup because Hughes and Aoki are two of the greatest pure...
  24. Border Buckeye Challange!
    Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone here is going to be attending the Border Buckeye Challenge. This is a brazilian jiu jitsu tournement in Toledo, Ohio on July 25th 2009. I will be competing in...
  25. fantasy 4 fight event event
    Anyone in the mma world, who would yours be? mine: B. Lesnar vs. Fedor S. Aoki vs. BJ Penn A. Silva vs. W. Silva R. Franklin vs. K. Jardine this card would be heaveeeen :)
  26. Fedor v Brett Rogers????
    I just posted about this in another thread but I thought it to be interesting enough to gets its own... I think this is more compelling then Vitor Belfort and Fedor has about just as much to lose as...
  27. helboy
    What do you think about Joachim Hansen rankings? It has been over a year since he fought. I know dream says he will fight aoki next but they also said cro crop was fighting mighty mo. I'm not sure if...
  28. Worst Situation ever for Fedor Fans
    We all know that people like to bash on how fedor is not worthy of the #1 pound for pound slot and he may not be, but now we have to wait even longer to see fedor fight some actual competition. If he...
  29. Sadly, it wont be Tito fighting fedor....
    Ortiz Inteview
  30. Mike Whitehead Wants Tito Ortiz
    Found this interestiing. What are your thoughts on this possible matchup. Who wins Tito or Whitehead. I have heard though that Whitehead is gonna fight Mike Kyle in October. Whitehead want Tito Ortiz
  31. Josh Barnett Motivational poster
    You knew this would happen...
  32. Joe Lauzon's "game night" setup...
    Joe Lauzon gives us a peek into his home on "Game Night"
  33. Who Do you think is the most suitable posible replacement for Barnett?
    I think Vitor has a very legit chance , the man's fists are made of titanium. edit- I also would not mind seeing Fedor beat on Rickson's pompous ass.A rematch with Arona would be nice to see too....
  34. Can You Find Fedor?
    Dana Cant! I recommend not going below the picture unless you want his position spoiled! Find Fedor
  35. Nick Diaz vs the Crippler
    Crippler vs Nick Diaz Who wins the fight? I know a lot of people would say Nick Diaz would logically win but could he really do what he does when Leben sized shots are coming back at him? Nick likes...
  36. Diaz vs. Gomi II ?
    No, there's not even a rumor or anything I've read about this being a possibility. BUT, Riggs just pulled out of the Diaz fight and Gomi's Affliction fight is canceled with them going under. I'll...
  37. Did Barrnett doom Affliction?
    Who would have thought that a positive drug test could lead to a promotions end. Affliction needed Barnett in the main event to do decent ppv numbers to stay afloat or atleast break even. with him...
  38. What do you think?
    Is it just me, or is there a similarity?
  39. Fedor vs Lesnar betting line on Bodog
    Check this out. Is Bodog just putting this on to see what it would look like. Or do they know something that we dont? I don't know? Look at the last fight on the lines Bodog MMA betting Lines
  40. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix Round 1 Vote 1
    Rabi v 1daveufc Rabi ( SHW, HW and LHW) Rd1 Brock Lesnar v Bobby Lashley = Lesnar wins Rashad Evans v Keith Jardine = Evans wins Gabriel Gonzaga v Cheick Kongo = Gonzaga wins Junior Dos Santos v...
  41. Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva
    I think this match up would be an insane fight or it would go the same way as Anderson/Leben did. What do you think?
  42. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix rd 1 vote 2
    The next match is: Hendo67 v Mayhem13 Here goes. Hendo67 ( LHW and MW ) Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (6'2'' 205) vs Igor Vovchanchyn (5'9'' 205) Kazuo Misaki (5'10'' 185) vs Ronaldo Jacare (6'0'' 185)...
  43. Your most anticipated fights ever...
    what are your guys' most anticipated fights? Mine would be: Chuck V Tito II Hendo V Anderson GSP V BJ II honorable mentions: Chuck V Wand GSP V Serra II Rampage V Wand III
  44. Make My Own Shorts?
    ive looked everywhere and i cant find a site where i can create my own shorts top to bottom to fight in does anybody know any sites?
  45. Fantasy Draft Grand Prix rd 1 vote 3
    Kpro v Achillesheel Here goes: KPRO's 2010LHW Grand Prix Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida, 15-0 with 5 TKO’s (6’1” 205) vs. Alexandre “Xande” Ribeiro, 2-0 with 2 TKO’s (6’0” 205) The current #1 LHW in the...
  46. Should Fighters be ranked in there old weight classes if they move??
    Fighters like Rich Franklin, Diego Sanchez, Gegard Mousasi are still ranked in there old weight classes and there is no sign of them going back, so why are they still up there?? i do no think it is...
  47. BJ hangin with Fedor and Mousasi
    Damn, I wonder if they are training together
  48. Do southpaws have the advantage in the stand up?
    I found this to be an interesting topic. Me and a friend were talking about this last night. My main argument was the fact that lefties have a quicker powershot available to them to the liver. Look...
  49. Barnett Headed Back To Japan For His Other Day Job
    That would be pro wrestling, where he's hugely over. From Japan-MMA: SportNavi has announced that Josh Barnett will make an appearance in IGF "GENOME 9 - Now is your chance" (losly translated). This...
  50. Sobral / Mousasi moved to Carano / Cyborg Strikeforce card!
    hadn't seen anything around the forums, so I thought I'd throw it out there... Good that they got at least one fight over there, and it'll be for the Strikeforce LHW title... Clicky da linky
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174