General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Shaq Calls Out Hong Man Choi
    Hope Shaq wouldnt back out on his Challenge cause HMC will smash him and make him realize that's he's just a basketball player not a real fighter just like Jose Canseco watch the vid...
  2. Tim Sylvia Vs. Ray Mercer Press Conference Video Adrenaline MMA III
    LOL.....What a Gong show! ......... http://www.mmatko.com/tim-sylvia-vs-ray-mercer-press-conference-video-adrenaline-mma-iii/
  3. MERCER BY KO @ 10 seconds in the first round!!!
    OMG....LOL........ http://nextmmafighter.com/?p=250
  4. RAY MERCER VS TIM SYLVIA (VIDEO) LMAO!!!!!
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL cheers
    Pages: 2
  5. Fedor and Gegard Mousashi M-1 Global V-Blog 6/6/09
    Hey this is a few days old, I didn't see it posted anywhere so I thought I'd put it up......sorry if it has been posted....
  6. Bellator 11: ANOTHER Highlight Reel KO
    Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ZrMVHisag&feature=player_embedded These guys are getting good at this stuff.
  7. Why do people hate Tim Sylvia you might ask?
    The answer below http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Tim_Sylvia_vs_Wes_Sims_SB_38_SuperBrawl_38?vid=10000837&tid=100
  8. Abu Dabhi Qualifiers!!!! Brazilian Jiu JItsu
    Hye guys I've been training for 2 years in Walled Lake Michigan and someone at my gym mentioned the ADCC Qualifiers and said that they are having one in every state. I looked for the website over and...
  9. Help Vote on my Camps Fantasy Draft
    My Camp just finished our Fantasy Draft and we need help deciding the winner. Here are the cards The only Stipulation was there had to be a fight in all 5 weight classes. Open weight fights and Grand...
  10. Question about UFC Rules
    So I have been a pretty huge MMA fan for a while and out of the blue today, my girlfriend asks me if tickling is illegal in the UFC. So out of curiosity I looked at the rules in the UFC website and...
  11. Defending Dana White
    Why does everyone say that Dana White screws over his fighters, or that he had it coming when speaking about CroCop's underhanded tactics? Name one fighter he has screwed over? To my knowledge, he...
  12. Jack's Rants-6/16/09
    Congratulations to everybody who scored big on UFC 99, it seems everyone but me! I went 7-4 but, all the picks I missed, I either changed, or chanced. And I think everyone would agree, that 99 was a...
  13. ShoMMA-June 19th: Thoughts
    I figure since this card finally got pushed into the secondary league it warranted some discussion: I think Smokin Joe is going to utilize his superior striking (imo) to put a hurting on Cyborg and...
  14. NAGA... Does anyone compete in this?
    NAGA is the National Association of Grappling or something along those lines but I was wondering if anyone does brazilian jiu jitsu here? and goes to any of the tournements for example their biggest...
  15. Note To Those Who Interview Mrs. Cyborg: Choose Words Carefully
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVhEbTIExrk&feature=player_embedded Skip to 4:45 for the fun.
  16. Anyone Else Listened to "IT'S TIME!!!!!" Yet?
    If you haven't, you could also call it the "Buffer Show". Bruce Buffer now has his own radio show on Sherdog, started up about 3 weeks ago. Just listened to the premiere and am now going last week's...
  17. Shaq Fu: O'Neal Calls Out Choi & Liddell
    And a Canseco comparison or two...in which Jose looks an awful lot like David Hasselhoff. Mostly a for fun thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnDpMOoMhAU&feature=player_embedded
  18. MFC 22, MACDONALD'S RETURN, MOVED TO OCT. 2
    The Maximum Fighting Championship on Wednesday announced that it has rescheduled its MFC 22 "Payoff" event from Sept. 25 to a new date of Oct. 2. The move was made to accommodate television partner...
  19. WHITEHEAD WANTS BABALU REMATCH FOR BELT
    After having his 13-fight winning streak snapped by Renato “Babalu” Sobral last July in Affliction, Mike Whitehead has rebounded, winning his last two fights, including his Strikeforce debut on June...
  20. Joseph Benavidez and Dominic Cruz for No. 1 contender at WEC 42
    A bantamweight clash between Joseph Benavidez and Dominic Cruz is signed, sealed, and delivered for WEC 42 on Aug. 9 at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. Sources close to both fighters on Wednesday...
  21. Belfort vs Santiago Confirmed
    click Affliction Entertainment on Thursday confirmed a bout between Vitor Belfort and Jorge Santiago for its Trilogy event on Aug. 1 in Anaheim, Calif. MMAWeekly.com first reported the bout earlier...
  22. Wand's Post-99 message to his fans
    Enjoy: Part ONE Part TWO EDIT: BTW, if anyone knows how to send an email bomb, let me know Need to up my chances!
  23. Round 5 Action Figures (Series 4)
    Gina Carano Dan Henderson Maurico Rua Matt Serra Cung Le Hendo and Serra look dead on. Gina looks a little thin Edit, um...why does Shogun have a..... no delicate way to put this...Camel-Toe?
  24. ShoMMA 6/19 Weigh-In Results
    Main Bouts (on Showtime): Joe Villasenor (184.5 lbs) vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (185 lbs) Nick Thompson (185 lbs) vs. Tim Kennedy (184 lbs) Jorge Gurgel (157.5 lbs) vs. Conor Heun (158.5 lbs)...
  25. Should MMA have instant replay?
    Link
  26. Request for Hi-Res Pride Promotional posters
    Does anyone have Hi-Res (1280 x 1024 or better) images of Pride event posters? I am putting together a collection to constuct a mega poster but only have a handful of Hi res images and a handful of...
  27. Junichi Sawayashiki vs. Jerome LeBanner 1
    I just caught this fight on HDNet, and I can't believe I'd never seen it! That was amazing. Check it out if you've never seen it. It's frustrating to watch at first, but the combination at 12:25 is...
  28. 1/2 year awards
    with the year about half over, who are the early favorites for end of the year awards? Fight of the Year: Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida KO of the Year: Lyoto Machida over Rashad Evans Submission of...
  29. Sanchez vs Guida- video
    What a war!! for those who want to relive it. Link
  30. Another Bellator KO...this time it's in the woman's division.
    It's not quite as nice as some of the others, but I give her bonus points for knocking out Ludmilla Drago...or is it Susan Powter? The Goods
  31. Another TV Reporter Choked Out...
    But this lucky b*****d took one for science. Lucky because he got the plush assigment here-he got choked out by Gina Carano for FSN's "Sport Science"....
  32. Head to Head Fantasy League
    New fantasy game! Almost NFL style season. -The game will involve 64 players divided into 2 Conferences with 4 divisions (8 players per division) in each conference -Each player will go head to head...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6
  33. Random Fedor Facts
    Saw this on Sherdog and decided to steal it. -Fedor cracked 2 ribs after Kevin Randleman dropped him on his head. Fedor concealed this fact even from his friends for a while in order not to give the...
  34. the "RESPECT" thread
    The Respect thread. This is a thread dedicated to the accomplishments of whatever fighter of your liking. You can also add info to someone else's post about a specific fighter. The rules: No bashing...
    Pages: 2
  35. New Highlight Video
    Just made a new highlight video let me know what you think Feel free to criticize http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDxlZU_1aQ thanks
  36. Dream fight
    I would like to see Anderson go up against either GSP or Machida... honeslty I think Machida is the bettere fighter of all three.... He's fast, elusive, has proven to have the knockout power........
  37. If You Can't Beat Them, Showboat THEN Beat Them!
    This finish must be seen to be believed-the white guy does a backflip during the fight then he seriously TKO's the other guy who just seems to give up!...
  38. Hilarious/Awesome Fight Finish (Video)
    Saw this over on Fightlinker and didn't see it on the first few pages. Sorry if this has been previously posted, but its freakin' hilarious. Hilarious/Awesome Fight Finish
  39. The Battle Of The Mullets: Who Wins?
    Recent photo when Miguel Torres visited ESPN for "MMA Live" and posed with ESPN's resident mulleted one, Barry Melrose. Get Barry some Just For Men already!
  40. Lightweights Marcus Hicks and Shane Roller meet at WEC 42 in August
    Marcus "The Wrecking Ball" Hicks (8-2 MMA, 3-2 WEC) will look to snap a two-fight losing streak when he meets fellow WEC lightweight Shane Roller (5-2 MMA, 2-1 WEC) in August at WEC 42. click
  41. An idea for a new fantasy draft
    I have an idea for a Fantasy Draft. I ran something similar to this before but as it was my first time it didnt go smoothly. Here is how it will work, I need 12 players ( including myself). The...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
  42. HEEEELLLPPP!!!!!!
    Okay so the other day I was at my cousins house and i go into his computer room and i see an autographed Kenny Florian card and I'm like WTF!!!!! how the hell did you get that and he said he got it...
  43. Tito Ortiz vs. Rich Franklin
    Dont judge haha, I would be interested in this fight. Rich is looking to fight @ UFC103. I say they bring Tito back. This fight would sell because Tito is marketable and so is Rich. If they work...
  44. more weight classes or not??
    recently with the Wandy and Franklin fight there has been alot of talk about more weight classes, mainly in between MM and LHW (195lbs) but i have also heard talks of people almost wanting another...
  45. Javier Vazquez
    Javier Vazquez imo is the best 145 out there right now, his BJJ is imo is the best at that class. after his fight do you think WEC is going to want him there?
  46. Ultimate Chaos-Impressive showings
    Tom Atencio- Shows he can back up his words by busting up Hedderick's face. Spiritwolf- Drops the heavy-handed favorite Brett Cooper and pounds him out with punches. Horodecki- Comes from year long...
  47. Tom Atencio has the heart of a Champion
    That was one of the better fights you will see from B level or lower fighters. And Tom came back from what I thought was a likely stoppage, and both guys showed heart. Very proud of both, and Tom...
  48. Abu Dhabi Qualifier! When is it?
    Hey does anyone know when the Abu Dhabi qualifiers are? I know their are alot of them all over the United States and the world. If their is a website that anyone knows about where i could find these...
  49. Maurice "The Gorilla" Jackson
    http://www.myspace.com/1gorilla1 Incredible Fighter, 6'8" 265 lbs. He has won 1st place at the naga jiujitsu tournament and is a very talented striker. Watch the fight video on his myspace and give...
  50. UFC Undisputed 09 fun
    has anyone created any real fighters in the game just for fun, exhibition/online use so far I have created Randy Couture, Shane Carwin, Patrick Cote' and Sam Stout I give myself a 9.25 out of 10 on...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174