General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Andy Wang...
    ..Got himself a win on a gladiator challenge card a week ago, dare I say back to the UFC?
  2. Greatest MMA Pictures
    (No Gifs) I know this thread has been done before, but why let a beautiful thing fall?
  3. GIF of the Day
    I found this to be pretty funny.
  4. The greatest fighter to ever live
    Link
  5. Elvis Sinosic - An Interview with LaosPowerHouse
    After seeing Elvis Sinosic in the newspaper a few weeks ago, I contacted him to say hello and for an interview to post on the MMAplayground Forums. Of course since he's such a cool guy, he replied,...
  6. Who would win: Robbie Lawler vs Thiago Alves
    THIAGO "PITBILL" ALVES VS "RUTHLESS" ROBBIE LAWLER Just for kicks, because obviously this will most likely never ever happen... Who do you think would win if Robbie Lawler dropped down to WW again...
  7. I havent seen it posted yet so heres Fedor v. Aoki
    Here
  8. DREAM 9 Poster
  9. Most satisfied you've been by a fighters win...
    A few of my own... GG over Mirko Machida over Ortiz Frye over Shamrock Brown over Faber Taktarov over Abbot
  10. Fedor rolling with mousasi
    LINKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Fedor domination
  11. i just found this
    i just found this card, fights are june 27 in missippi Bobby Lashley vs. Bob Sapp Pedro Rizzo vs. Gilbery Yvel Chris Horodecki vs. William Sriyapai Din Thomas vs. Javier Vasquez Brett Cooper vs....
  12. Strikeforce's Frank Shamrock: "I can't have another Nick Diaz night"
    For all the accolades, all the accomplishments, all the highlights from Frank Shamrock's near-15-year career, the MMA legend currently finds himself with a mere 1-3 record in his past four fights....
  13. I wish that the Canseco fight was added to the card for wagers/picks
    I know the fight seems to be a joke but if Canseco wins he wont be regarded as a joke anymore, perhaps, depending on how he wins, baseball issues aside and the odds will be huge against him and I...
  14. Conseco vs Hong Man Choi, who wins?
    Jose Conseco vs Hong Man Choi- who wins? I see this one maybe going to decision in favo of Conseco. Let's see how they stack up. Hong Man Choi Height- 7'2" Weight- 325 Age-28 Expert in Kickboxing...
  15. The 7 Biggest UFC Busts Of All Time
    I enjoy lists like this. Anyhow, Cage Potato came up with this list and here's how it looks: #7-Mac Danzig #6-Brandon Vera #5-Travis Lutter #4-Houston Alexander #3-Sokoudjou #2-Vitor Belfort #1-Mirko...
  16. MMA Fantasy Draft
    Going to try my hand at this. These rules were originally posted by Rabi , I have modified some of them: Here is how it will work. The picks The picks will be done as a snake draft. The order will be...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
  17. British Martial Arts – Quarterstaff, Bartitsu
    Quarterstaff This traditional English stick-fighting art uses a weapon known as the “quarterstaff”—a hard, wooden staff that sometimes has a reinforced metal tip. It is possible the name evolved...
  18. Demian Maia vs Ronaldo Jacare Souza BJJ
    Hey everybody, I came across this video by way of another, and was wondering who everyone thought won the match. Also, what competition was this and what year if anyone knows. Just wondering. Thanks...
  19. Pro wresling moves in MMA ( video link)
    Link I enjoyed watching this so I thought I would post a link. Enjoy!
  20. Submission of the year? Imada vs. Masvidal...
    For those guys who didn't saw it yet: link
  21. PFC 13-FREE MMA Tonight!
    Just a reminder for the semi-night owls, PFC 13 will stream FREE tonight on Sherdog. Can't find a start time but I'm guessing between 10-11 PM ET. 12 fights are scheduled including 4 title fights and...
  22. UFC undisputed 2009 Questions
    will there be fighter status updates for UFC undisputed 2009 and if there is F*** YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Also do you guys think their will be more downloadable characters like Randy Couture, Shane Carwin,...
  23. Funniest Moments in MMA
    Just share some of the moments you thought were hilarious, don't fighter bash, don't saying Fighter A getting knocked out by Fighter B was funny, don't go there. - Rampage giving Igor Vov a letter...
  24. VIDEO: Yahir Reyes Spinning Backfist TKO Over Estevan Payan At Bellator VI
    VIDEO
  25. What MMA Fighter Are You?
    I made this quiz. Hopefully you like it. It's more in depth than a lot of the other What fighter are you quiz'. Check it out. What MMA Fighter Are You?
  26. A guy I ran across on Sherdog,
    Darrill Schoonover HW (218) 10-0 He beat a lot of mediocre to lower tier guys but he's won every fight impressively and TKO'd a guy 80 pounds heavier. So thought it might be an interesting find. I...
  27. Earlier versions of fighters you liked more.
    What fighters did you like better in their earlier day (trying not to count guys who got old) [Chuck/ Hughes]. But as far as styles go, who did you like that changed their style and disappionted. I...
  28. Dream 9 Super Hulk Promo Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ_9Ji-Z8d4
  29. Alternate Path?
    In light of the upcoming Light Heavyweight title fight, I thought this would be an interesting concept, Finish either scenario, who would happen now if: Flash back to UFC 84 AND IT IS ALL OVERRR...
  30. top 10 flying knee KO's
    link here
  31. MMA Trivia
    I'm really bored right now so I figured I'd start a little trivia game... The way it works is that I'll ask a question about MMA and the first person that can answer it will post the answer and...
  32. Fedor Emelianenko's Punchout (Nintendo 1988)
    We've seen GSPeeezy Punchout now, here's the Emelianenko Fedor edition...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EpsAhDWSBM
  33. Yoshihiro 'Sexyama' Akiyama warwagon!!!
    This is a thread for the people here that havent seen the HUGE Yoshihiro Akiyama warwagon thread at sherdog. In said thread they have dubbed him as "Sexyama". This thread is over 1000 pages long with...
  34. Wanderlei Silva Taking The "Iceman" Thing Way Too Seriously
    More good, clean MMA fun in pictures from the always-awesome Tracy Lee of Combatlifestyle.com: The fact that he's using a trash can makes this one really funny.
  35. The Seven Most Brutal KO Slams in MMA History
    #7: Matt Hughes vs. Carlos Newton We’ve sung the praises of Hughes’ signature slam before, but never was it more effective than when he used it to take the UFC welterweight championship away from...
  36. HELP - FOUND A RARE COUTURE/FEDOR SIGNED POSTER. WHAT SHOULD I PAY????
    Ran into some guy selling this huge poster that was meant for the Couture/Fedor fight that fell through due to contracts. Crazy promo done by Affliction before they redacted on the fight. Called...
  37. Rockstar Cage Fighting
    Oh yes, I am fighting on it this coming Saturday! Its a full contact K1 kickboxing fight, 3 x 3 minute rounds, with no elbows allowed but full knees. All the pads worn will be boxing gloves too so it...
  38. Chuck Liddell Is Enjoying His Forced Retirement
    Have to watch this... Liddell Singing
  39. King of Mayhem : Road to the dream middleweight championship part 1
    link Mayhem is training hard, working with Romulo Barral to clean up his jiu jitsu, tightening standup with Justin Fortune, and pushing around with young wrestling standouts. This first video mostly...
  40. Crocops guest book (funny)
    I guess some of it just gets lost in translation. But you can't deny some of this stuff is just halarious. I put a link at the bottom. Here's a few of my favorites: Tomorrow it's the DREAM 6. We are...
  41. Brown vs. Faber II
    What do you think? God damn, I pressed enter by accident. I am really embarrassed. Sorry for screwing up the pole. Anyway, I'm going for Brown by TKO.
  42. Brown vs. Faber II (with poll)
  43. The Last Pooh Bear
    We are graced to be in the age of the last Pooh Bear. Btw, this if people wonder where its from, its a Korean Honey commercial that Fedor made a lawsuit against.
  44. MFC 21 Weigh-In Results
    Weigh-ins were yesterday for the card, which features Bobby Lashley's Canadian MMA debut plus former UFC fighters Trevor Prangley and David "Not Gangrel" Heath. The results: Jay Whitford badly missed...
  45. ShoMMA 5/15 Weigh-In Results: A Few Misses
    The weigh-ins for tonight's ShoMMA/Strikeforce Challengers event were held last night. All the fights are set although it appears quite a few fighters missed weight (to be specific, 4 including both...
  46. Caption this
  47. Bobby Lashley vs. Mike Cook Fight Video MFC 21
    http://www.mmatko.com/bobby-lashley-vs-mike-cook-fight-video-mfc-21/
  48. ShoMMA - Evangelista/Aina
    Anyone else see that puss out by Aina ? Evangelista kneed Aina when he was down. The knee went into Aina's bicep/shoulder area, which sent his own arm into his head. He not only said he couldn't...
  49. Top Ten PRIDE Fights Of All Time
    Mine are: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva II (PRIDE 28: High Octane) Mirko Filipovic vs Wanderlei Silva II (PRIDE Final Conflict Absolute) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Mirko Filipovic (PRIDE...
  50. Kerry Vera (Brandon's Wife) vs Leslie Smith - Full Bellator Fight Video
    VIDEO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174