General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. K1 World Grand Prix '09 .gif's
    K1 WGP 09 .gif's
  2. Chuck Liddell Training wilth Boxing Olympic Gold Medalist
    Chuck Liddell is getting some extra help on his boxing skills from 1976 Boxing Olympic Gold Medalist Howard Davis Jr., who has been in Chuck"s training camp for the past month. "I"m helping Chuck...
  3. Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Ibragim Magomedov
    Aleksander's latest fight ends quickly due to a cut. link
  4. The greatest MMA fights you never saw
    I came across an article recently that made me think about some of the greatest fights in MMA, that recent fans may have never seen. So I'm providing a background history, and video--of some of the...
  5. Houston Alexander On Sports Science
    Found this quite interesting, goes to show how stupid some guys are taking enhancers like that, but im sure it just depends on the person and their mental state to an extent. Houstons one angry dude...
  6. UFC Greenlights Construction of Russian Stadium (april fools)
    LINK And I fell for it because I suck.
  7. Happy April Fools Day From Fedor
    I fell for this one until the very end. Link Nice one, myvideofight.
  8. Dana White touches Junies butt!!
    Link
  9. The Playground Grand Prix (Season 2 W/Prize)
    Season 2 of the Playground Grand Prix kicks off with UFC 97. Sixty-four (possibly 128 if we can get enough) will square off again, in a tournament style format until only one remains. This season I...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7
  10. Future Welterweight Champ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSiQcjrg9As Got bored last night and decided to make a highlight ya i know its a short highlight but i was just bored feel free to criticize
  11. Marcelo Garcia MMA
    Does anyone have the scoop on this? I just started researching him since I heard all Bravo's praise of him. Is Garcia going to fight again? He looked REALLY bad in his last fight with poor takedowns...
  12. Dream Weigh ins
    Above you see the interpretive dance routine choreagraphed and directed by Shigeru Saeki in its debut at the Dream 8 weigh-ins. A stunned Shinya Aoki watched from just off-stage. He later described...
  13. 2nd Round Of Sengoku FW Grand Prix Confirmed On Inside MMA
    After the last Sengoku they did drawings for the next round but didnt let you see who gets to fight who, here it is. Masnori Kanehara (12-5) vs Chang Sung Jung (3-0) Ronnie Mann (16-1-1) vs Hatsu...
  14. Eddie Alvarez
    I know he won by first round submission but I was surprised how he almost got dropped in the first round by that kid Loughran...I have only seen him fight a couple times so I'm not especially...
  15. Yahir Reyes is Going to Be A Monster
    After watching his domination over Nick Gonzalez (who is no slouch) with incredible BJJ at the Bellator Fighting Championships, I have to say that this kid looks to be very dangerous, and could very...
  16. Torres Vs Mizugaki
    What a war! One of the best fights Ive seen so far this year.
  17. Jeff Curran got robbed
    Any one else feel like Jeff Curran got robbed? I was there and everyone around me felt that way. When I went home I watched it on my DVR hoping to see something different than the first time around...
    Pages: 2
  18. Capoeira MMA Knockout
    One of the best knockouts I've seen in a long time. Capoeira in MMA? Awesome! link
  19. War Machine Coming To DC This Month
    This is gonna be fun: War Machine will be competing at UWC Capital Punishment on April 25. They just put out the press release. Article Sherdog.com again will have FREE live streaming. Should be fun.
  20. Who's got the best HL reel's?
    After watching this it got me thinking, who's got the best HL reel's in MMA history up til now. Feel free to write in your own vote.
  21. And the award....
    for most biased commentator goes to Frank Mir. A true nuthugger All in all though still a pretty good comentator. Come on Frank. Miguel's sack needs some room to breath. Ease off a bit had to lol at...
  22. Frank Mir's commentary
    Did anybody else notice how biased he was towards torres. Now i am a huge torres fan but mizugaki (sp?) was right there with him in the early rounds and mir was talking like torres was just...
  23. Mfc 21 and ShoMMA combo card
    so on may 15th the first shomma and mfc 21 take place the cards are lookin pretty good and i was wondering if it would be a good idea to combine them and have picks for them in the secondary. the...
  24. End of an Era
    Masato Retires Many of us hoped it was an April Fool’s Day joke when on April 1 Masato – Japan’s most successful K-1 fighter – announced this as the last year of his K-1 fight career. Indeed we’d...
  25. Which Japanese-based star would you most like to see fighting in the UFC?
    I just saw this poll over on MMAJunkie's website and thought it was intresting, so... Which Japanese-based star would you most like to see fighting in the UFC? Shinya Aoki: - Offers a huge challenge...
  26. Funny Fighter Quotes
    "I'm not impressed with your performance"-GSP “I knew i ‘urt ‘im, when he said aarg”- GSP "Take him down Andy!"-BJ "There's going to be some black on black crime"-Rampage "Joey don't you tap. Don't...
  27. Two Years Ago Today: The Last PRIDE Show
    Zach Arnold has five lessons we can take from the fall of PRIDE: 1. The majority of MMA's star power in Japan is reliant on pro-wrestling. Until pro-wrestling has a UWF-type revival, MMA will not...
  28. Most dissapointed you've been by a fighter's loss...
    What are some of your most dissapointing losses as a fan of MMA? A few that come to mind... Royce Gracie defeated by Matt Hughes. Everyone knew Royce didn't stand a chance, but it nonetheless put a...
  29. Anybody got a link to last nights TUF?
    I dont want to wait till sunday! Props for whoever finds one
  30. Diaz - Shamrock Showtime
    Showtime sports I do feel hat a Cung Lee appearence is long overdue. I hope he heals up quick and starts kicking the crap out of more fighters. Does anyone know when the Weigh in's are?
  31. What's up with Bartimus?
    The guy doesn't seem to be living up to the hype be built up in IFL. He's looked pretty bad in back to back fights in the WEC.
  32. Nick Diaz Thinks He Knows How to Beat a Drug Test
    Sounds like a game plan to me. War Diaz! http://larrybrownsports.com/mma/fighter-nick-diaz-beat-marijuana-drug-test/6463
  33. Fantasy Draft
    I am having withdrawel sypmtons as I havent taken part in a fantasy draft for a while. I thought I will set one up and see if enough people are interested to make it worth while. Here is how it will...
    Pages: 2 3 4
  34. Once Lost, Now Found...
    The Yamma promos that never saw the light of day...until now. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QSjsn94yHQ&feature=player_embedded
  35. DREAM 9: Kids, Champs, Superdreadnoughts?
    If DREAM 9 isn't going to be the MMA card with a bit of everything, I don't know what will be. I came across an item on Cage Potato outlining what's in the works for DREAM 9: So far we've got "Kid"...
  36. SF Weigh-In Results-Santos Misses Weight
    They were supposed to start at 5 but got delayed to now for some kind of issue, I'll update as they go along-they're going from the top down: Nick Diaz (180) vs. Frank Shamrock (180) Rodrigo Damm...
  37. Chris "The Polish Hammer" Horodecki
    Any news on him? Been a year since he fought. I know he was supposed to be on the last Affliction and got injured... any news since? Thanks.
  38. Corey Hill
    Any news on how he's doing? or if he plans to continue fighting? just curious.
  39. Who's next for Nick?
    Where does this fight put Nick Diaz and in what division will e be competing in? How many more wins does he need to put him in the top ten of a division? I"m guessing he heads to welterweight...(is...
  40. Scott Smith vs. Benji Raddach is the fight of the year so far... amirite?
    That was an amazing fight. Best I've seen this year so far.
  41. A new Secondary League Grand Prix
    I thought I would restart this as the last one has finished. Wolfenstein is running a lot of the games so I dont think he would mind if I continued to run this one. I will originally look for 64....
    Pages: 2 3
  42. random match up Liddell vs GSP @ 205 if they fought now
    GSP arguably the #1 p4p on the planet chuck former #1 lhw has lost 3 of his last 4
  43. Strikeforce-6/6 In Missouri on Showtime
    Strikeforce: June 6, 2009 Venue: Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri Main card airs live on Showtime on the East Coast, tape delayed on the West Coast TV fights: vs. Robbie Lawler vs. Jake...
  44. Strikeforce event points?
    am i just an idiot and missed where the strikeforce event was taken off the S2 board? just wondering because i used my fight companion day of the event, so at least that wasn't taken down yet. just...
  45. LIDDELL: "I PLAN ON KNOCKING HIM OUT
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8571&zoneid=2 I am a fan of liddell but he goes into every fight saying he is going to knockout every person he fights he...
  46. Matchups that we would love to see, but sadly...WON'T
    Matchups that we would love to see, but sadly...WON'T __________________________________________ Urijah Faber vs. Miguel Torres Urijah loses some weight we could have ourselves a pretty good fight on...
  47. G.O.A.T. in each division
    If you don't know, G.O.A.T. stands for Greatest Of All Time I will present the candidates and you will choose(Only choose the candidates I presented) HW- Fedor Emelianenko(29-1) -Pride Heavy Weight...
  48. Reminder: Funeral Service For "MasK" Today
    Mania posted a reminder of this today. Charles ‘Mask’ Lewis Jr., founder of the popular multi-million dollar MMA clothing line and television show TapouT, will be honored this morning (Tuesday, April...
  49. Nogueira Brothers Hold Private Show for Stallone
    Sylvester Stallone arrived in Rio de Janeiro last week and one of his first requests was to meet the “Brazilian Rocky Balboa,” Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. The silver screen’s most endearing underdog...
  50. Diaz vs. Roy Jones in boxing match
    Graciefighter.com -- a site spearheaded by Cesar Gracie’s camp -- has issued a provocative statement that Nick Diaz would be happy to fight Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match. Close your jaw. You’re...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175