General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Melvin Manhoef
    Up until a couple days ago I hadn't really seen any of his fights, but had heard good things about him on the board so I decided to check it out. He's definitely fun to watch, and it got me thinking...
  2. The Only Rule You'll Ever Need to Determine Whether a Fight Was Stopped Too Early
    Josh Koscheck’s TKO loss has been the subject of a lot of debate on the old internets for the past couple of days. Some people think the stoppage was too fast, not giving Koscheck the chance to...
  3. mma songs
    Hey do you guys know of any mma songs? I have adema's triangle and enter the cage. I have rage 8's tap out. The tuf theme song. Jesus didn't tap. anyone have any others?
  4. Division I all american wrestler
    Does anyone out know what a "Div. I All American Wrestler" is? I know its a high level wrestler. But what makes an All American and what"s the difference between Div. I, Div II and so forth. Thanks...
  5. Let's beat a dead horse some. About the topic of stoppages.
    I'm legitamately curious to know why some of you religiously support UFC stoppages. I have probably already heard most of the arguement, but if there's something I'm missing like a statistic or...
  6. Do you think Babalu will ever come back to the UFC?
    Do you think he will come back ever or do you think he really messed up too bad in the heath fight, messed up so bad they will never take him back. Or do you think they will bring him back eventually...
  7. Too close to call
    Was just thinking--you never see enough pick em' fights that are 50/50. What are a few dead even matchups that would drive Playgrounders nuts? Just to get the ball rolling... Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader...
  8. Brown vs Garcia
    What does everybody think of this fight coming up on Sunday? Brown coming off that big elbow KO of Faber, while Garcia's comin off a big KO of Pulver. Both are very exciting fighters, and should put...
  9. Anybody know where Deividas Taurosevicius went?
    ...'cause there just ain't enough Lithuanians in MMA. Seriously, though. He seems like a no-brainer for the WEC, Strikeforce, or Affliction. He might even do some damage in the UFC, although I don't...
  10. Best trainers in MMA?
    Who do you think is the best Trainers and coaches in the following styles Muay Thai- Boxing- BJJ- Wrestling/GNP- Kick Boxing- and also Overall Gameplan-
  11. Overeem vs Remy Bonjasky
    couldn't wait to see Overeem back in action..its gonna be a K-1 match again..against K-1 Champ Remy Bonjasky..i hope Overeem KO Remy..i was really disappointed with Remy proformance against Badr...
  12. Johny Hendricks knocked out by Baroni while sparring at Xtreme Couture
    Apparently Johny came into the gym a little too cocky. Starts to talk about it at around the 3 minute mark. Link
  13. Hazelett vs St-Pierre
    Who do you think would win in a match between Dustin Hazelett and Georges St-Pierre under UFC rules?
  14. Only the best...
    Only the best avatar creator can help us out with this. I have searched high andlow and cannot find what we are looking for. My fight camp is 209 fight fans and we cannot seem to get a decent avatat...
  15. Mike Thomas Brown Has The Triple Huh Nose
    At least I Thought so based on this picture from today's WEC 39 weigh-ins: Just like the WWE wrestler Triple H, who is referred to as "Triple Huh" on a wrestling radio show I listen to (a show that...
  16. I was so embarassed to watch this guy last night on HD Net (K-1 Max)
    Intimidation 101 Nagajima vs Hayato
  17. Funny or serious MMA inspirational pictures
    here are some i liked
  18. Dream 7 thoughts
    Havent seen much discussion on this yet, so just thought id post some random thoughts, feel free to do so as well. -Nice to see Aoki and Kawijiri on the card. While they dont have big name opponents,...
  19. what happen to Mickey Burnett
    I know he was dealing with injuries on his neck on needed surgery but he never retired hes a good fighter and should make a comeback but his 34 years old but the bad thing is he have't fougt since...
  20. Jamie Varner vs BJ Penn
    This would be a good fight both really good fighters jamie wec champ and bj ufc champ both at 155 if this every happens what do you think will be the out come of this fight and do you think jamie has...
  21. Do you Rank Evan Tanner Top Ten MW of All Time
    Do you Rank Evan Tanner Top Ten MW of All Time i think he is top ten former MW champ he fought a lot of tuff guys .R.I.P Evan Tanner He will be missed he was a good man and good fighter.
  22. Matt serra and George Sotiropoulos?
    I herd rumors that Matt Serra kicked George Sotiropoulos out of Serra Jiu-Jitsu because he was not being loyal. Has anyone herd anything about this?
  23. The Razor Rob vs. Marcus Hicks fight last night.
    That fight was just horrible. There was nothing in that fight that entertained me. After last night I don't care to see either guy again. Crap the ref almost no contested the fight because they would...
  24. WEC 40-4/5 in Chicago on Versus
    WEC 40: April 5, 2009 Venue: UIC Pavillion in Chicago, IL Main card airs live on Versus TV fights: vs. WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres vs. Takeya Mizugaki for the title (Torres' original...
  25. Health Insurance and MMA Training....
    let me give a short background before my question I have lived and worked in japan for about 6 years now, and have gotten interested in and started training MMA while i was here, so i dont have any...
  26. Homo-erotic grappling by Aoki and Imanari (pics)
    dont know how JJfreak will respond to this....
  27. Kingdom MMA poster for ‘Kala vs. Mayhem’ on April 3
  28. Random Match-up Who Wins
    I'm a little bored today and just thought of an interesting fight who wins Vitor Belfort or Chris Leben Belfort has been looked great since dropping to MW and Leben has the chin that could take...
  29. Grapplers Quest/Grappling tournaments
    Does anyone know of any good grappling tournaments? I'm close enough to San Diego that I thought about going to the Grapplers Quest thing at the Fight Expo. Anyone have any thoguhts or experiences...
  30. Moveing up for a belt (logic?)
    what is the logic behind for eg: rich franklin moving up(cutting less) for a possible title shot at LHW. say he dose get the manage to win the title(stranger things have happened) wouldn't Anderson...
  31. Long Cro Cop interview
    A member of a Special Antiterorist unit Lucko (Luchko), a master of kickboxing, most versatile gladiator and most wanted MMA fighter in the world, who with his last victory in Japan bacame famous...
  32. FieLDS K-1 WORLD GP 2009 IN YOKOHAMA
    Link Amazing card. Discuss. My picks: Remy over Alistair RD 2 TKO Badr over Errol again Jerome round 1 TKO Glaube RD 2 TKO Melvin RD 1 TKO Ruslan UD Maeda UD
  33. Anderson vs Wanderlei
    Now that Wanderlei is at MW there is a possibiltiy of this fight happening. I remember people used to talk about this fight on here so I'm gonna poll that ****. Assuming Wanderlei could make it to a...
  34. If Faber faces Brown and looses what should he do?
    Either way he's went from top of the food chain, to being surounded by tough fighter ready and able to put him down IMO. WHATS YOURS ?
  35. fighters who continue to impress
    ok so i admitt from day one i was never a fan of rashad evens. i thought he was to showboaty( if thats a word) but i respected his wins on the show all the same. but with each fight ive noticed a...
  36. Fighters you can't pick right.
    1) Brandon Vera 2) Forrest Griffin 3) Alan Belcher 4) Shinya Aoki
  37. Pride FC's funniest moments *vids*
    i've never seen these before.. thought they were funny part 1 part 2 part 3 part 4
  38. DREAM 7 NOT On HDNet Sunday
    FYI via BloodyElbow: Sunday morning's event WILL NOT air live on HDNet Sunday morning . It's going to air on tape delay next Saturday (14th). Statement from HDNet Fights CEO Andrew Simon: HDNet would...
  39. The Dragon vs The Dean of Mean
    Now I have long been voicing my opinion on how much I dislike Machida and how boring he is, but facts are facts, and the guy knows how to win, usually by being more technical and unorthodox than his...
    Pages: 2
  40. Leonard Garcia KTFO By Mike Brown (GIF)
  41. WEC In Numbers
    LINK
  42. Sengoku 8 FW Tourney
    Sengoku FW tourney Michihiro Omagawa(4-7-1) vs L.C. Davis(13-1) Chris Manuel(6-0-2) vs Hatsu Hioki(17-3-2) Hideki Kadowaki(13-8-2) vs Nam Phan(14-5-0) Marlon Sandro(12-0-0) vs Matt Jaggers(9-4-0)...
  43. big john
    anyone else catch the mma themed new found glory music video i think he is in it but i only saw it for like 6 seconds so any comfirmation would be cool
  44. Dream 7 videos
    For those that missed it due to the late hour, or fell asleep like myself due to the pacing... Takafumi Otsuka vs. Bibiano Fernandes Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Daisuke Nakamura Chase Beebe vs. Joe Warren...
  45. Dumbest thing to do during a fight....
    What are some of the dumbest things fighters have done during an MMA fight....i'll starts off David Gardner waving "Hi Japan" during his fight with Shinya Aoki then getting choked out because of his...
    Pages: 2
  46. Well Folks, I Hope You're Satisfied With The Next Big MMA Promoter...
    DON KING! World-renowned boxing promoter Don King, the sometimes-controversial yet highly successful head of Don King Productions, is set to make his first venture into MMA. King will partner with...
  47. Herb Dean
    He has for long been my favorite ref, love the guy, a couple months ago i found out he also is a fighter which i thought was awesome so i looked for some vids and stuff of him fighting and found out...
  48. Gonzaga smacking security guard
    Saw this on Sherdog, made me chuckle:
  49. Random Match-up II
    So who takes it i'd go with josh thomson by ud
  50. Dream MW Tourny
    This would be an amazing primarily grappling tournament!!! 1.Demian Maia (id like to see this match happen regardless) 2.Dean Lister vs 3.Paulo Filho 4.Rousimar Palhares vs 5.Ricardo Almeida 6.Denis...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174