General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Antwain Britt vs. Jamal Patterson Video Promo for UWC: Man O' War
    LINK
  2. Who would win? Tito vs Cro Cop
    who u got if this fight were to happen?
  3. Hall of famers
    I was looking through the hall of fame for mmaplayground. I was just wondering, how many people that are in the hall of fame are still around? There are just a whole lot of names in the hall of fame...
  4. Freddy Roach Interview
    I'm not posting this as news or anything but listen to what he says at 1:36. I laughed. hotlink
  5. What MMA fighter do you most closely resemble?
    What MMA fighter do you most closely resemble? Like have you ever been told by someone that you look like an mma fighter or that maybe you look like you could be their brother or something? Please...
  6. the Best fighter with the worst records
    on this topic name fighters that have fought a lot of good fighters but there record is less then .500 or not much better then fighters that the numbers in there record don't show how good they are...
  7. Hieron-High Affliction 2 Fight Airing Friday Night
    Jay Hieron vs. Jason High, which was to have aired Saturday on HDNet as an Affliction 2 prelim but got bumped due to time constraints, will air in its entirety tomorrow night (Friday) on HDNet during...
  8. Wondering...
    Is there anywhere in the New England area with ameteur MMA fights. Preferibly ones that have cash prizes. I'm in some need of making money. Also how old do you have to be to compete
  9. Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans
    Quinton Jackson would destroy Rashad Evans and this fight shouldn't even be aloud because RAMPAGE would crush him Result- QUINTON "RAMPAGE" JACKSON 1 ROUND KO
  10. Badr Hari vs Semmy Schilt
    DreamFighters has been told by a close source that Badr Hari will be facing Semmy Schilt on Saturday 16th of May. (Event Title Still Unkown). link
  11. Helio Gracie Burial Service & Pictures
    Sherdog did a writeup of the service for Master Helio Gracie last night in Brazil, who was quickly buried accodring to his will: PETROPOLIS, Brazil -- There was no tribute, no tears and no speech....
  12. Anaconda or Brabo?
    at Affliction 2, when Babalu choked out Soko, wasn't that a Brabo choke and not an Anaconda? i remember his arm was not in the right position for an Anaconda choke and when i looked at the reply his...
    Pages: 2
  13. Abu Dhabi to host Tyson-Holyfield fight in October
    Legendary boxers Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield will face off for the third time in an exhibition clash at Zayed Sports City Stadium in Abu Dhabi in October this year. link
  14. Paul " The Headhunter" Buentello hitting his stride!?!?!?
    At 35 years old, is Buentello finally peaking in his MMA career? His dismantleing of Kiril Sidelnikof was a highlight of Affliction DOR ......for me anyways. I have always liked Buentello. Since I...
  15. Vitor Belfort Collection
    This is a thread for all you Vitor Belfort fans out there. I've uploaded every Vitor fight, as well as his pro boxing debut, and his matches at the ADCC. The only one I don't have up yet as a...
  16. Big ommission from the site's LHW Ranks.
  17. Bj Penn & Georges St. Pierre's Horoscope (1/31)
    All props to sherdog BJ Penn (Sagittarius): "Combine a positive attitude with a little bit of your legendary creativity, and you can get just about anything done today . Stuck in a boring meeting...
  18. Over use of the word Great, when describing fighters skills!
    During this last month I have heard it mentioned about how good Arlovski and great Nogueira's boxing is. while Nog made his Olympic team that was amateur boxing. the term Great should be used if u...
  19. GSP = #1 P4P
    after watching the fight with JJFreak the first thing we said to each other was "GSP is the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world." he's #1 in my opinion because he completely dominated another top...
  20. Parisyan vs. Fitch
    This fight seems highly likely to me in the next few months. There seems to be a lot of bad blood. After Karo's fight tonight, I'm not sure he could handle Jon. I was very happy to see him back in...
  21. GSP-vs SILVA ?
    after seeing GSP tear through BJ. i wonder if this would be his fate versus Silva. all skills being close. does the good big man beat the good smaller man? both fighters cut to make their weight...
  22. Judges and Refs
    I have been heavily involved in MMA since 1994 and this past year there is somethings that has made me think we really need make some changes to the way it is now. The hole time I have been involved...
  23. Jason High vs Jay Hieron Affliction Day of Reckoning
    A vid of the fight for those of us who haven't seen it yet... link
  24. could karo make 155?
    it seems like he doesnt cut any weight.. and now that hes training with greg jackson, do you think he could cut to 155?
  25. Varner/Cerrone Decision
    ok so the fight was stopped due to an injury sustained from an illegal blow. did anyone else find fault in this? if the situation was a bit different would it be fair? say cerrone won the first 3 or...
  26. Machida takes one on the chin.
    never saw this before...Inoki firing Machida up, but it looks a little rough to me.... and I thought Jason Guida thought he was slapping Clay around
  27. Who is the Greatest?
    and why?
  28. This Website's pound for pound rankings...
    Dana still believes that Anderson Silva is still number 1 in the P4P rankings....but I've noticed that Fedor and GSP have now overtook Anderson Silva is the P4P list on this site. I agree with this....
  29. Jack's Rants-2/2/09
    What's up everybody, it has been a long time coming, plenty has happened, and plenty to rant on... 1)Fresh off with UFC 94, I am not surprised about the results of the PPV. Maybe at all the split...
  30. M1-Global = Worst Fights in MMA
    Is it just me or does M1-Global have the absolute worst fights in all of MMA? Hell, they might as well be wrestling matches. Discuss.
  31. Helio Grace Tribute HL
    Just posted in the Video Section: LINKAGE
  32. Damien Maia's first loss
    Who beats him first. I think Palhares will try to grind him out by a UD or is Kang's not lazy could knock him out
  33. Jose Aldo: FW Champ in '09
    Just a prediction I'd like to make now sooner than later. I know he's already rumored to be fighting on the WEC 39 card cant remember the name, probably another gatekeeper type fight. I see great...
  34. Whats next for Thaigo Silva?
    I personally think he should drop down to 185. He is just going to get out classed the deeper he goes in the 205 division. It will also deepen the waters at 185. What do you guys think his next move...
  35. Strikeforce vs EliteXC
    With ProElite's assets being bought by strikeforce today link What do you think are some great possible matchups the management could put together? One possible fight is Scott Smith vs Benji Radach...
  36. Cobb 28
    Where can I buy some gear from them? Their website is down and searched turn up nothing. I remember seeing a website that had their shirts and I passed up on buying anything and now I want to. Thanks
  37. Strikeforce-4/11 in California on Showtime
    Strikeforce: April 11,2009 Venue: HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA Main card airs live on Showtime (tape delay on West Coast) TV fights: vs. Nick Diaz vs. Frank Shamrock. Catch weight fight at 179 vs....
  38. Jon Jones vs Thiago Silva
    Besides the fact that this would probally be a very exciting fight, it would give a good idea of were both fighters stand. Is Thiago really just an "OK" fighter, or did he simply stumble against the...
  39. Sengoku, Shooto Form Partnership
    Found this in a Sherdog article covering recent news from Japan: World Victory Road hasn't been limited to featherweight tournament announcements, as the Sengoku parent company has revealed the...
  40. Dream FW tourney...
    so far these are the fighters they got in the tourney.. Deep champion Masakazu Imanari (15 - 6 - 1) Notable wins - Jean Silva ,Jorge Gurgel,Mike Thomas Brown,Yoshiro Maeda Hideo Tokoro (21 - 15 - 1)...
  41. Short film on the downfall and rise of Alistair Overeem, Vitor Belfort and Jorge Santiago by Genghis Con.
    This guy always makes the best videos, truely epic... link
  42. My predictions for UFN louzon vs stephens **VIDEO**
    got a webcam and was playing with it haha... really crappy this time, it'll get better for future events.. with editing and no pearl jam in the background.. oh, and i apologize for my uglyness a link...
  43. Internet RUMOR: Randy interested in Machida fight (prob. UFC 99)
    Since IMO it's just internet rumors I didn't want to put this on the News Forum. Just to share the rumor and prob. make some discussion. IMO, I don't think will happen. Has Randy stated that he's...
  44. Your favorite rivalries of MMA
    I was wondering everyones favorite rivalries/feuds, I'm including team, fighter, and promotion feuds. My faves- #1- Tito vs Ken- I came into this sport in 2005. The first fight I ever saw was Hughes...
  45. XMMA 7 Inferno
    Phil Baroni(13-10) vs Guillaume Delorenzi(5-0) XMMA Light Heavyweight Championship Martin Desilets(8-2) vs Todd Gouwenberg(9-4) Cristiane''Cyborg''Santos(6-1) vs Marloes Coenen(16-2) XMMA...
  46. Stefan Struve
    I'm very interested in seeing him fight Junior Dos Santos. The guy has good strikes and amazing reach. But the thing that impresses me is his ground game. He seems to not have good sprawl, either...
  47. Who can Beat Anderson Silva in the MW division?
    does anyone here even think anderson silva can lose? or who in the MW division has the best shot at beating him
  48. Will the UFC ever...
    hold fights in massachusetts? i kinda wanna know after this question keep asking questions.
  49. MMA tribute video Pride fans need to see......
    seriously, Machinemen probably does the best MMA video tributes Moments of Glory by Machinemen
  50. Carwin vs Velasquez
    This would for sure be the fight between the 2 best up and comers IMO. which really supprises me that we haven't heard much hype about Carwin. Your thoughts on if and when this fight should happen???
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175