General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Affliction - LA Press Conference Live Stream (3pm EST)
    Live Stream
  2. Make your own fight camp
    Ok, I am getting a little bored of the topics here lately so I thought I would make something pointless but possibly fun. You own a huge gym and are starting your own fight camp. Pick your location,...
  3. Anyone got a link to Emerson vs Gamburyan?
    If anyone has got it'll send props! I'm trying to find it for my friend who is in love with that KO!
  4. Fantasy Draft: Grand Prix
    There is a lot of fantasy mma games going on at the moment and I am really enjoying them. I have yet another idea: For this game to work I will need 12 people ( inc me ) to take part. Those 12 people...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6
  5. The 5 Most Complete fighters in MMA.....
    #5 Anderson Silva- Everyone knows that Andy is a beast standing up, but his BJJ is also pretty damn good. One ofthe only guys to every stop Hendo. #4 Kid Yamamoto- This dude comes from a wrestling...
  6. Lyoto Machida video: Thiago Silva is ‘going to be in trouble’ at UFC 94
    Link
  7. MMA bucket list ten fighters u wanna see fight live!!!
    i have seen alot of fights, i keep scratching off names of fighters i saw live best of all probably is seeing them fight multiple times this weekend i will see urijah faber and jens pulver fight live...
  8. Fedor Emelianenko Interview With MMA Fight Weekly (Video)
    Fedor Emelianenko sits down with Mike Chiappetta to talk about what going on in his life and his upcoming fight with Andrei Arlovski....
  9. Top MMA Prospects
    Glover Teixeira Record: 6-2 Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs Glover Teixeira Glover Teireira vs Buckley Acosta (poor quality) Glover Teixeira vs Jorge Oliveira Jim "Judo" Wallhead Record: 15-5...
    Pages: 2
  10. If Fedor Had Been In The UFC Instead Of Pride...
    He would have lost by now, IMO. Now before I get flamed or people start arguing with me that he's better than all the UFC heavyweights and blah blah blah, I'm not saying he isn't as skilled as the...
  11. Affliction 2 Weigh-In Results
    Everyone made weight. Fedor Emelianenko (230) vs. Andrei Arlovski (237) Josh Barnett (248) vs. Gilbert Yvel (240) Vitor Belfort (184) vs. Matt Lindland (186) Renato Sobral (204) vs. Rameau Thierry...
  12. Question for you fedor fans....
    I was wondering if fedor has faced an opponant with the hand speed + size of arlovski? Will it make a difference?
  13. Tito on Inside MMA!!!
    1. His head is huge? I know we all know this! But its so tan too. Ha Ha Ha its too funny! 2. He has made the entire show about him possiable futer fights for him and his past fights! 3.He has been...
  14. the real fight of the year
    this is great i know its lame but i cant wait to watch this..Jose Canseco vs. Danny Bonaduce .. its on pay per view.. and i have $9.99 to wast fight of the year
  15. Glover Teixeira
    Any clue when he's making his UFC debut? I thought it was supposed to happen a while ago...I've been waiting to see this guy fight, I think he has a lot of potential. Anyone have any idea?
  16. Open Weight Class Fights
    Miguel Torres vs WW? BJ Penn vs LHW? GSP vs HW? If these three were to fight in an open weight match, who would be the best guy they could beat?
  17. Your dream UFC 100
    Ok hi everyone first post. Ok here are the rules of this little game. Assuming all fighters in the ufc are available create your dream UFC 100 now this has to be realistic so MAX 2 titles on the line...
  18. MMA Quick Quote: Bas Rutten has more words for Gary Millen at Affliction weigh in
    There’s the asshole. Oh! did I just say this on TV?” – Former UFC heavyweight champion, mixed martial arts legend and colorful HDNet broadcaster Bas Rutten is heard during the Affliction: “Day of...
  19. Fedor laughing at Big Tim
    dont know if everyone has seen this already but i saw it and couldnt stop laughing. its just the way he chuckles. just reading into his laugh you can tell the chuckle means, "he had no business being...
  20. Dream: Ralek Gracie
    Ralek Gracie is killing it right now, and i know hes only got 2 Dream matches, hes still 2 - 0, both wins by Textbook Crisp Armbars. I dont know, its a great feeling seeing a Gracie in the ring...
  21. wec in san diego back stage winner!!
    your truly won on thur a back stage pass finally for years i have qusetioning why i buy a fight club membership and today it payed off i must say in my home town i was a little upset first security...
  22. Opinions on Affliction
    Overall, I think it's going to be very hard to top this card this year, I really believe that. I can only hope that the amazing performances tonight will propel Affliction into better sponsorship...
  23. Tito Ortiz
    This guy made Mike Goldberg look like a genius of epic proportions today. The guy could barely string together a coherent sentence. He probably made more mistakes in one event than goldy has made in...
  24. Juanito at Affliction..
    I'm sure most others saw him there. At first I thought he was just a trainer, but then I saw him some more. Was he a cut-man or something? Anyone know?
  25. What style do you think is the best to defeat Fedor?
    What do you think is ever gonna stop this guy?
  26. Affliction 2 Videos
    Here is a link to the vids... scroll down the page to find the links. http://mmaturf.net/mmavideos.php
  27. Andre's big mistake
    wow, he had a great game plan and he was controlling the stand up and proved he can defend fedor's take downs, now i still think fedor would have subbed him even if he didn't try that ridiculous...
  28. Vitor Belfort- top 10 middleweight?
    After his big (and kind of scary) KO win over Lindland last night, a long time top 10 middleweight, do you think Belfort warrants a top 10 spot? In my opinion, yes. He's coming off two big KO wins...
  29. Question about Affliction payouts
    Does anyone know how Affliction compensates their fighters for sponsorships (or lack of other sponsorships)? Considering all the fighters wear Affliction clothing to the ring, they obviously don't...
  30. Varner vs Cerrone
    So we all pretty much know that Faber will probably beat Pulver once again tonight, but who do you thinks gonna be the new lw champ? Both have looked awesome lately. I give the edge to Cerrone in...
  31. Who are your favorite fighters?
    What the topic title says.
  32. How bad was Affliction's commentating?
    Tito Ortiz = the worst commentator i have ever heard while watching MMA. he messed up so many times, like when Barnett hit a nice souffle or when Fiador KOed Arlovski, and he was just being...
  33. Arlovski vs Fedor strategy or crime of opportunity?
    DISCLAIMER - THIS IS GOING TO BE VERY LONG! (but hopefully interesting.) While I was watching the fight I think, like most people, I was a bit surprised at how Fedor was handling the first couple of...
  34. wec is it on ?
    it was supposed to start at 930...its 935 and nothing? is it just me?
  35. Jose Aldo
    How good is this guy going to be? He is 22 years old and ready to step up to the top level at FW. His striking is already the among the best in the division (those leg kicks were brutal) and he has...
  36. Affliction 2 Gifs
    More here for those who are interested. LINK
  37. UFC to head to Australia
    I really need to get something off my chest, I have been a fan of MMA for a number of years now!!! I remember renting UFC 43 from my local video store, I did not know anything at all about the...
  38. Ferrall, Tito and Zito...
    Affliction puts together a great card but what is up with the ridiculous commentating??? I happen to be a big Tito fan but COME ON, bis post fight interviews and pre-fight analysis were embarrassing....
  39. Jens Pulver...Is It Time He Hangs It Up?
    If you ask me, yes. It seems to me like Pulver has reached the end of the road. He has now lost 3 in a row and 5 of 6. At this point I see his only way to keep going as move back to Lightweight, a...
  40. oops
    oops
  41. How Will The St Pierre vs Penn Fight End?
    Do you think they will stand up or take it to the ground?
  42. aldo vs faber anyone?
    im guessing that faber will be granted the winner of garcia-brown....but i personally think that they should do a contender eliminantion fight between jose aldo and faber....we all know faber, but...
  43. whos next for varner now?
    unless they decide to grant an immediate rematch with cerrone considering how the fight ended, whos next in line?....unless they dont bring in any new fresh blood in that division between now and the...
  44. No longer undeafeted. a sad day
    As of last night the nipple tweek is no longer undefeated cowboy tweeked and lost a SD. R.I.P. Nipple tweak
  45. Tito Ortiz: Great Commentator, or Greatest Commentator?
    We just wanted to share these quotes from Tito's absolutely stunning broadcast debut at "Day of Reckoning," collected from these threads on the UG: CagePotato A few of the good ones... "Here we are...
  46. Fedor....The UFC Champ Killer
    Just some opinions and some insight from the MMA world on this living legend........ http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBTc_nl_84
  47. Where and the hell are my post going?
    Where and the hell are my post going? I spend a lot of time and effort post my opinions on different topics, then when I go back to see what other people have said on the topic I realize my post is...
  48. Fedor KO Gif
    This is a slow motion gif of Fedor's K.O. over AA one of the better I have seen. Also this is the first I have seen of this angle. I tried to post it for those who were to lazy to click on the link...
  49. Thoughts: Post Affliction!
    Fedor proves once again he is the best HW on the planet in MMA, and there really isn't anyone right now who is a threat to beat him. If you look at his body of work he has beaten top competition time...
  50. Make your Affliction 3 card
    Okay. Lets say if Affliction puts on a third show and you're the matchmaker. What fights would you like to see? Here's a few of mine. 1.Andrea Arloski VS Gilbert Yvel I think this would be a great...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174