General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Update on Joachim Hansen's Condition
    Joachim had a headacke and was throwing up. There is no more update on the reason. As for his current condition, it says that he is ok. This is very good news and I hope we get to see a re-match, I...
  2. Round 5 To Release 3rd Series Of MMA Figurines This Year
    Some good ones this year: Frank Mir, Andrei Arlovski, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and Big John McCarthy. Article I think I'm gonna try and get that Big John one.
  3. (Video Game)UFC 2009: Undisputed Tournament/League
    If anyone wants to join a tournement/league for when this game comes out, go to this site. It sounds pretty good for when it happens, but the site is new so there aint much there at the moment....
  4. Cal Worsham vs. Zane Frazier
    from sherdogs: Snap, Crackle, Pop: 10 Gnarly Injuries -article 1. Cal Worsham vs. Zane Frazier (UFC 9, May 17, 1996) Breaking Point: Broken torso X-Ray: Mired in political smothering, UFC 9 was...
  5. NEXT IN LINE @ HEAVYWEIGHT???
    Here is a list from ufc.com of their HW roster. After Brock vs Mir 2, who should be next in line for a title shot at HEAVYWEIGHT? *note that the following list has been edited by me, also some...
  6. Your pick for next dominant Light Heavyweight Champion
    Not asking who will be next champ, but instead next dominant champ. Our opinions differ on the meaning of dominance but with the division stacked with the best from 205 and 185 it's a tough thing to...
  7. Demystifying Fedor: Facts, Training Secrets & Quotes from Fedor
    If anyone is interested: DEMYSTIFYING FEDOR: FACTS AND QUOTES FROM FEDOR EMELIEANENKO Growing curiosity surrounds the whereabouts of current MMA megastar and WAMMA Heavyweight Champion Fedor "The...
  8. Ralek Gracie street fight
    LINK *edited by Tel for the lazy people* copy and paste the link. Some guy gets his ass beat by Ralek Gracie in a street fight.
  9. What is your worst pick?
    either by mistake, or not having enough info, or just the opposite of what happened. mine is tim over fedor i swear i did it by accident. i couldnt even believe it when i saw it the next day. proof...
  10. Affliction DOR: Is there a list of bars showing the event?
    Any of you peeps know?
  11. WEC 39-3/1 In Texas On Versus
    WEC 39: March 1, 2009 Venue: American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas Main card airs live on Versus TV fights: vs. WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Thomas Brown (Mike Brown) vs. Leonard Garcia...
  12. 2009: Year of the Leg Submissions?
    with palhares being a beast in leg locks, im sure more brazilians will utilize them in the UFC. and with aoki, imanari, kitaoka in japan -- as well as the whole nippon team in japan, will this be the...
  13. FLEEK'S FANTASY DRAFT: Cards Posted - Card Creators = REVEALED
    Okay, so after nearly 3 months of drafting, we've finally completed our draft. Please note that everyone involved in the draft put tons of effort into solidifying their cards. All we ask is that you...
    Pages: 2
  14. UFC 93...a night full of submissions?
    I just finalized my picks and now I'm a bit nervous. I have A LOT of the fights ending in a Submission. Normally it doesn't bother me, but for some reason it's bothering me now. I hope we do see a...
  15. UFC Undisputed release date is..
    As far as EB Games in Ontario they told me June 2nd release date for XBOX 360....my guess PS3 as well. Lets just hope they keep this date......
  16. Predicting MMA in 2009
    What are some things you envision happening in 2009? I'll start with a few... Affliction folds by the end of 2009 Every UFC title changes hands at least once ZUFFA signs Gina Carano, Jake Shields,...
  17. MMA Olympics
    If they were to introduce mma into the next Olympics what would be the strongest countries? I would probably say: 1. USA 2. Brazil 3. Russia 4. Japan 5. Armenia 6. Canada 7. Britain 8. South Korea 9....
  18. Arona at ADCC 2009?
    “It’s hot as hell here in Niteroi, but I’m training. I’ve got news, I want to fight at ADCC 2009. My idea is to talk to the organizers and see if there’s a possibility of my being invited, for all...
  19. Crazy head kick!
    If you saw Inside MMA last week the you already saw it but if not check it out! Follow the link and click on the 4th box on the right hand side it will be the 3rd or 4th highlight. Kinda a lead leg...
  20. Secondary League Grand Prix (Brackets) *Affliction*
    rank just for draft bracket input purposes not actual secondary rank. http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=305239 BRACKET #1 (winner of Bracket one faces winner of Brackets 3) 1 Kpro vs 16...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6
  21. Yet another WWE wreslter looks to transition to mma.
    WWE diva Victoria (Lisa Marie Varon) has announced that she is retiring from wrestling on friday. She posted on myspace that she still wants to compete so she has started training jui Jitsu and wants...
  22. For those who care
    I know I do Ignashov is back
  23. My Worlds MMA lightweight Rankings...Let me know what you think
    1 BJ Penn 2 Shinya Aoki 3 Sean Sherk 4 Eddie Alvarez 5 Kenny Florian 6 Hayato Sakurai 7 Tatsuya Kawajiri 8 Josh Thompson 9 Gilbert Melendez 10 Tyson Griffin
  24. Official Fedor v Arlovski promo....
    Link
  25. This is kind of late but Ring of Fire results
    Ring of Fire has had tons of talent go fight in the UFC and WEC and has been one of the best smaller Orgs around here are the results of their last show which was a pretty damn good one ROF results...
  26. Eddie Bravo: "A lot of these guys can bounce back"
    New Eddie Bravo interview: On whether or not guys like Couture, Liddell and Hughes can bounce back... "I think a lot of these guys can bounce back for a bit, but to bounce back and to really stick...
  27. Affliction 2
    ok so yesterday i watched the Affliction 2 preview video..and through out the whole video..everyone and i mean EVERYONE was hypin up Fedor..sayin he was the best and he can't be beat..and than when...
  28. Nog: TKO'd, Hunt: KO'd, who's next?
    With Nog and Hunt being (T)KO'd recently, who will be next person we cross off the list of things that we haven't seen before? Some people believe these sort of things happen in 3's...and with some...
  29. monson a anarchist
    here it is my home town hero.. made the news today. for garfity anarchy
  30. watch shogun vs coleman with no sound
    man, just rewatched this fight with no audio and its ridiculous. i cant believe how biased rogan is. he's supposed to be a commentator not a fanboy or a nuthugger. shogun wasnt nearly as gassed as...
  31. Thiago Alves and Bobby Lashley?
    Ok, this may be extremely old news but did anyone know Lashley is with American Top Team and is friends with the Thiago Alves? LINK
  32. will we see a new and improved chuck liddell
    well after hearing that chuck was going to start training at ATT will we see a new chuck when he squares off against shogun at UFC 97, or will this be the last time we see the iceman in action, cause...
  33. The gassed and the furious: A closer look at the role of conditioning in combat sports
    UFC 93: ‘Franklin vs. Henderson’ from the 02 Arena in Dublin, Ireland, has officially wrapped, meaning we can now set our sights on the upcoming superfight between Georges St. Pierre and BJ Penn at...
  34. Goran Reljic
    Anyone know when he is next set to fight? He had an impressive debut at UFC 84 but haven't heard anything about his next fight. I read something about him saving someones life in fight magazine but...
  35. UFC.com League MMAPLAYGROUND
    Look like we did pretty good overall. We now sit in 3rd overall Congrats to Wolfman and Jujitsufreak for having a solid event. I only League Name Avg Points WAYNES WORLD 87 179.00 POWER !!!!!! 168.33...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5
  36. UFC 2009 Undisputed Mir vs. Nog
    Mir vs. Nog
  37. Strikebox
    Hi everyone, I'm new here, and I just wanted to start a discussion about a new promotion called Strikebox that's starting in Montreal on Feb 6th. Basically I just want to get people's opinions on...
  38. Despeately seeking BJ............................Pen vs GSP 1
    Anyone have this or can direct me to a VIEWABLE BJ GSP fight video gets propped and thanked... Got a Jones to see the fight again to prep for next week.
  39. Questions- ufc
    Did Jeremy horn fight well ( better than he has been his last few fights)? or 2. Was it more Paul Harris as we call him... is not as good as i thought ? or D. was it just a good style match up for...
  40. How to watch Affliction?
    I know it's early, but I don't know how many bars or restaurants would have it, so is it going to be on the internet, and is it free!?
  41. For mma to be complete ...!!!
    In every sport, their exsist a penalty for any illegal move, intensional or not. The only sport with no such rule is mma. After 10 hits to the back of the head, the referee just tells the fighter not...
  42. Affliction-Day of Reckoning Predictions
    Anyone else excited for this card? Haven't seen much talk about it. Anyways, here are the fighters im going with: Fedor/UD- Arlovski should be a challenge for Fedor unlike one we've seen for a while....
  43. Babalu vs Soko Hype Video!
    here ya go! i really enjoy these promo videos. i think the production on these are very nice. link to video
  44. Feb 20 Mfc in the secondary league?
    Does anyone else think this card is worthy of the secondary league its a pretty ruthless card. Nick Thompson vs Paul Daley Pat Healy vs Ryan Ford 2 Derrick Noble vs Antonio Mckee at 155 Rory Singer...
  45. Fedor losing is inevitable.
    This may have been posted before but....... Fedor losing is inevitable and I'm not saying it will be anytime soon. I mean we all saw Big Nog get TKO'ed against Mir. But will you truely be surprised...
  46. Fedor "baddest man on the planet" doco...
    Does anyone have a link?
  47. Andrei Arlovski Open Workout Vid
    ANDREI ARLOVSKI OPEN WORKOUT Former UFC heavyweight Andrei Arlovski recently held an open workout for the media in preparation for his clash with Fedor Emelianenko this Saturday at Affliction: Day...
  48. Sokoudjou: "I'll make sure I hurt him"
    New Sokoudjou interview talking about Babalu: "I think he’s a pretty smart fighter and I expect him to come and try to get me to swing to exhaustion, but I have learned my lesson and whether he...
  49. Alistair Overeem: "My goal for this year is to fight Fedor"
    New Alistair Overeem interview: "I want to fight several people from different organizations. My goal for this year is to fight Fedor and at K1, I would like to fight Remy Bonjasky and of course, in...
  50. Blood In The Cage
    This is on Sports Illustrated & its an excerpt from a new book on the rise of the UFC & MMA. Didnt consider it to be news so i figured the lounge would be a good home for this post. Hope you all...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174