General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. K-1 Dynamite fights
    Link Watch em while you can fellas
  2. MMA fighters go 3-0 against K-1
    Wow. Who would have thought that Overeem would make such quick work of Hari. Hari is one of the top K-1 fighters there are having just gone to the Grand Prix Finals and being the HW Champion (until...
  3. Cro Cop
    Come on show the love! I was really happy to see him fight the perfect fight against a guy like Choi. How about the head kick?!
  4. My early year predictions: A Look Back (Long)
    Well at the beginning of the year i was trying to start a small mma site (which didn't work out too well with 2 full time jobs) and wrote an article on my 10 fighters to watch in 2008 and 5 not to...
  5. Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura
    Finally it's up enoy! link
  6. Who impressed you the most in last nights K-1 Dynamite?
    Shinya Aoki vs. Eddie Alvarez Round 1 Alvarez takes a middle kick to the ribs as he’s chasing Aoki down, trying to close the distance to deliver some punches. Aoki shoots for a double and Eddie...
  7. 2008 Better Year for MMA?
    Which year do you think had better fights 2007 or 2008?
  8. How do you define your P4P rankings?
    Post earlier inspired this. When I decide on my P4P rankings, I look at afew things. I understand the logic of "If this fighter was in another weight class, how would him and his skills do?" As in...
  9. My Tribute to Pride: Pride FC Highlight
    Made this about a week ago tell me what you think, feel free to criticize make sure you watch in high quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOzekaL59k
  10. UFC vets Thomas, Fickett and Assuncao booked for Jan. 24 EVO MMA card
    Link The Jan. 24 card is already taking shape and currently features: Joe Pearson vs. Din Thomas Drew Fickett vs. Nik Lentz Junior Assuncao vs. Ben Henderson Ryan Healy vs. James Warefield
  11. Manhoef, How hard does this guy hit!!!
    Melvin Manhoef absolutly proved Mark Hunt is human. With a devastating left hook placed right behind Hunts ear he dropped the big man then Landed a few on the ground. I didnt think the undersized...
  12. Melvin Manhoef vs Anderson Silva
    I know Melvin didn't win the title in Dream. But the guy seems like the one fighter who can beat Silva right now outside of Hendo. Manhoef's style seems to be a perfect fit except for the case of...
  13. Wandy vs Saku (TODAY)
    So it's been 5 or 6 years since they last battled. But despite Wandy having several wins over Saku,after Rampage's impressive victory over "the Axe murderer",it made me wonder. "How would Sakuraba...
  14. Sengoku 7 Rebellion-Where to watch?
    I may be alone on this but I'm excited to see this card and was wondering if anyone knew where to watch it online/satellite? I think Santiago vs Misaki should be a great fight, both are teetering on...
  15. Bob Sapp vs. Who????
    Who the **** was that guy bob sapp was fighting? with a full body suit and lucha libre mask on, what the ****, is that some kind of joke.
  16. The UFC 100 Game, You get to be Joe Silva!
    Well after I got some positive reception for my 10 Fighters to watch post and getting into a good debate about UFC 100 i thought it would b e cool to try and predict the exact UFC 100 fight card. But...
  17. MMA's Hall of Shame!!!!
    In light of recent events with our buddy Josh Neer I thought I would share with you guys other Fighters who I have dubbed to be in MMA's Hall of Shame!!!! Kimbo Slice "Rampage" Jackson Din Thomas...
  18. champ vs. champ
    now that Shinya Aoki is the WAMMA LW champ..he has called out B.J. Penn..sayin that he reaspect the UFC LW champ..and that he think B.J. is the #1 LW fighter out there..he also says that he doesn't...
  19. If A beats B and B beats C, will A beat C?
    Fight Matrix It’s an interesting subject that probably comes up more in boxing than in MMA, but it’s definitely more intriguing in the MMA world due to the large variance in styles. So how often...
    Pages: 2
  20. Gomi
    Still top 10? he got beat twice by two guys who aren't the most notable opponents, i think he drops out at the time with the weight class being so competitive. if he wants back in he has to ditch wvr...
  21. The Playground Grand Prix
    Just an idea for a little game. A playground Grand Prix where we matchup members mano a mano in a tournament style format. The person with the most points in the upcoming UFC event will move onto the...
    Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
  22. Bigger gloves for MMA?
    i was thinking that the one thing that boxing has that mma does not have is that in boxing the truly better fighter wins. i hate to call them lucky punches but for lack of a better term, some...
  23. USA TODAY's Best of 2008 MMA
    Never saw this posted....surprises me how much mainstream coverage of the sport gets overlooked nowadays when it wasnt so long ago people were crying bc there wasnt enough Link
  24. Kazuo Misaki vs. Jorge Santiago - FOTY Candidate
    I don't see any posts about this fight, maybe a lot of people didn't watch the Sengoku event. This could end up being the Fight of the Year even though we're one week in. Go check it out, you won't...
  25. CSAC reactions to Bigfoot fighting yet?
    Has the CSAC responded to Bigfoot Silva fighting in Japan while suspended in the US yet ?
  26. Jack's Rants-1/6/09
    Happy New Year. Hope everybody is off to a great year, and here's to another great, and if not the greatest year's in mma history! 1.January '09, what a way to start 2009! First, after reeling from...
  27. a Future P4P king....
    I was thinking to myself. There is one guy that really stood out there for me that has alot of potential. Gegard Mousasi Some of you guys might laugh but I see the guy pretty well rounded. He kind of...
  28. Who would you like to see CroCop end his career against?
    In a recent post fight interview, Mirko said he wants to finish his career in the UFC. So my question is who would you like to see him finish his career against? Personally, i've always wanted to see...
  29. were to watch affliction
    does anybody know of a website or the like, that lists places that will be showing the upcoming affliction fight??...........i happen to be moving that weekend, so the tv will be getting disconnected...
  30. Weight Cutting
    I believe weight cutting for a fight is an issue that seriously needs to be dealt with. Many fighters cut weight by dehydrating themself for a weigh-in which takes place the day before the actual...
  31. Brock lesnar appearing at OVW tonight
    Brock lesnar is having a meet and greet at ohio valley wrestling tonight. and is rumored to be having an in ring performance. OVW is the place both Lesnar and Lashley got their start, I wanted to go...
  32. Bas Rutten Video
    Seen this yet? New Found Glory W/ Bas Rutten Press Conference From what I've heard, Bas is in a whole series of videos with New Found Glory, in their music video and they filmed the whole thing up at...
  33. Affliction - Speight vs. Cooper
    So I'm just beginning my picks for the next Affliction card in the Secondary League, but was curious if anyone had any background on this fight. It has been scheduled for Affliction 1, 2 & 3 and was...
  34. Where is Tony DeSouza
    Did he retire, I'm assuming he was dropped by the UFC but I'm surprised he hasn't been signed to another organizations, assuming he still fights
  35. Fedor vs. AA - comic
    Thought this was pretty damn good. Check it out Fedor vs. AA - comic
  36. 2008. A bad year to be an MMA veteran?
    Well after doing some thinking i realized that pretty much every still fighting MMA fighter that has been around for a long time (either an MMA legend or someone like Pulver who is a...
  37. The First Annual MMA Playground MMA Awards
    Got this idea from something I'm doing on another board and figured it would work well here...our own MMA Awards. Unlike the awards already being done here to recognize forum members, this one is to...
  38. UFC 96 and the Arnolds Who is going?
    Just wanted to see who would be in Columbus that weekend. I'm competeing in the Grappling Tournment at the Arnolds don't think I'm going to the Event but will most def catch it at a bar. going to be...
  39. WAMMA To Unveil Crown & Scepter Before Affliction 2
    This is probably going to wind up being more funny than anything, but I guess we should start practicing saying "King Fedor". Adding to the hot excitement and anticipation of fans around the world to...
  40. Thiago Alves Fighter of the Year
    He beat some top level guys this year LINK I would have to say Rashad might be up there as well
  41. MMA Quiz
    Post a question, see if your fellow playgrounder's MMA knowledge is up to snuff. I'll start with one.... Black Belt under Carlson Gracie, turned down offer to help train Chuck Lidell. Who am I?
    Pages: 2 3 4
  42. Rumor: Affliction has sold only 1,500 tix for "Day of Reckoning"
    During the Affliction “Day of Reckoning” teleconference Affliction VP Tom Attencio was asked by MMAJunkie John Morgan whether reports that the company has only sold a measly 1,500 tickets were true....
  43. MySpace: How to become a "Ultimate Fighter"
    A piss poor attempt at being funny. Actually makes a decent quick overview though. Myspace
  44. The Secondary League Grand Prix:
    This has just been set up for the UFC events and by popular demand I will start one for the secondary leagues. We will try and get up to 64 by the time the next Affliction starts. If that is not...
    Pages: 2 3 4
  45. Anybody else going to affliction II?
    so lets see a show of hands, who's going to affliction II? I'll be buying my tickets this week, somewhere probably in the nosebleeds. if anyone is from the southern california area, i'm down to...
  46. Shannon Rich Ko as seen on inside MMA
    It is bad ass can't find it anyone find it yet? Remach from just 2 months before.
  47. The Joe Silva Game
    i want to come up with another fantasy game, but this one involved with setting match-ups. but i need help with the details.... something like people make x amount of picks for the year for each...
  48. Fantasy Draft: Grand Prix
    There is a lot of fantasy mma games going on at the moment and I am really enjoying them. I have yet another idea: For this game to work I will need 12 people ( inc me ) to take part. Those 12 people...
  49. M-1 Final Challenge NOT On Sherdog
    Yet. If you're looking for it, "circumstances beyond their control" means no live streaming right now. Free Video On Demand will be offered shortly after the event. Sherdog was scheduled to air at...
  50. Anyone else disappionted in M1 Global?
    When M1 came together I thought it was supposed to be the next Pride FC. Then (I have HD Net, Sweetness ) I finally get to watch an show and find out it's the IFL with a world team concept. Sure it's...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174