General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Cung Le vs. Anderson Silva
    Who do you think takes it? I will go for the underdog and say Le by TKO Round 3.
  2. First MMA fight you ever watched live
    Not much has come to Washington so I had to wait about 10 years for my first live event which was an IFL event about a year and a half ago and the first fight I saw was a Heavyweight fight that had...
  3. im gonna get flamed for this but....
    i think brock can and will beat fedor when they fight even though i hate to admit it....hes just too big for smaller heavyweights alls brock would have to do is keep the fight standing and do the...
    Pages: 2
  4. OFFICIAL: Brock vs Fedor Thread
    i'm pretty sure theres going to be tens of different threads on this, so lets try and keep the discussion to one thread. and my .02 on this fight: brock stands no chance.
    Pages: 2 3
  5. Is Randy vs Fedor still relevant?
    Randy wanted to fight Fedor because he thought he was the best and that he had no more challanges for him. well after loosing to Brock i would have to say that Randy is not the best and does not even...
  6. Fedor Loses!
    No, not because of Randy losing last night but this is big in its own right-the World Sambo Championships in St. Petersburg, Russia were today and Fedor Emelianenko, surprisingly, did not win....
  7. Jack's Rants-11/16/08
    1. Post UFC 91 Rants- I stuck to my pick but, had it wrong by one round. Couture fought valiantly, and as he would as the champion he is. All respect to the man, and he did show the fighting spirit...
  8. Upcoming FREE Live Streams On Sherdog
    At least 3 more events coming up soon: November 20: PFC 11 December 5: FuryFC 7 AND PureCombat That's not a typo on 12/5. FuryFC 7 will first stream live from Brazil then it's to California for...
  9. Stephens celepration .gif
    Props to anyone who can get me a .gif of the Jeremy Stephens celebration after that sick KO the other night.
  10. Kimbo Slice Update!!!
    Well apparently Kimbo is still busy but apparently not training so hard. Coming on Nickelodeon for December Kimbo has a role in a made for TV Drake and Josh Special. Yea I know its not the most major...
  11. HW Top 10 after UFC 91
    Fightmatrix.com heavyweight Top 10 after UFC 91: 1 Fedor Emelianenko 2 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 3 Brock Lesnar 4 Randy Couture 5 Andrei Arlovski 6 Josh Barnett 7 Junior dos Santos 8 Gabriel...
  12. Brock vs.........
    Now that there is a new ufc champ, how do ya'll think brock would match up with these top 10'rs and up and comers? fedor - i think fedor wins, but just like randy was a small heavy so is...
  13. My Quest for a Dustin Hazelett T-shirt
    Okay so the story starts when i was browsing fight shorts on line. After quickly realizing i didnt need a pair i went looking for a Dustin Hazelett T-shirt. Just a little bit of info i am a big...
  14. Vote for the best Fight Card
    After a grueling fantasy draft, these are the fight cards we came up with. Vote for the best one! Voting will run for 48 hours, and will end on Wednesday at 5:00PM ET. CARD #1 Mauricio "Shogun" Rua...
  15. Fedor doesn't want to fight couture ...
    As i said earlier this year, the more these guys meet, and start to travel round advertising MMA and hang out. The more and more less likely they were to fight. I knew fedor and couture would get...
  16. Babalu interview with MMAMania
    link Renato “Babalu” Sobral (30-7) doesn’t make many excuses — sometimes it’s your day, sometimes it’s not. And sometimes you put a guy in an anaconda choke and don’t let go until he learns his...
  17. Goran Reljic Rescues Two Men
    The first and only report from the Croatian press I've seen of this incident was published today by this Croatian news site. Apparently two men crashed into the sea at 3 AM near the home of Reljic...
  18. Women should be able to compete against men in MMA
    Have any of you guys seen the size of people from way back? They were not tall but, darn, they were built like brick walls, even the women. Women were in most communities expected to be able to fight...
    Pages: 2 3
  19. UFC 91 Gear Sponsorship Breakdown
    Thought this was pretty interesting...... LINK
  20. Paul Buentello at Affliction
    Is he seriously fighting twice that night? On the predictings they have him facing two people. He is gonna have a big night!
  21. Most well rounded fighters
    Who are some of the most well rounded fighters that have comparable skills in all aspects of the game? So for example I wouldn't include GSP or Anderson Silva, as GSP's wrestling is much better than...
  22. Strikeforce on the 21st Nov
    Anyone got any clue if this is going to be on TV? or if it will be available on sopcast?
  23. Wanderlei Silva Training Pics For UFC 92
    More pics HERE
  24. Top HW's records against each other.
    Friday afternoon here in the uk and this usually means I go on the internet and waste time instead of doing work. This time I modified a post I did a while ago. It shows which HW has fought the most...
  25. Strikeforce ?
    Help me!!!!!!!! How do I watch Strikeforce tonight??????????
  26. Troy Mandaloniz
    He's on the UFC website? Why Same with Matt Aroyo does anybody know why?
  27. Strikeforce
    I do can not get HDnet here in Canada and really want to watch the fights. Does anyone know where I could watch them on line, or PM me with a stream. Thanks alot.
  28. The Rocky Of MMA
    In your opinion who is the Rocky of MMA. I thinks it's Couture. I know he just lost his last fight but Couture still held up his own against Lesnar. Couture is always facing bigger people and is the...
  29. Anybody have a gif of the Smith knockout?
    I missed the fights last night, does anyone have a gif of the knockout lastnight. All I can offer is props, lol.
  30. Cung Le vs Scott Smith..... Who would win???
    With Scott Smith now in StrikeForce there is now someone who has the skill and power to really test Cung Le..... Do you think Cung Le could rise to the occasion or fall victim to the hands stone?? I...
  31. Is there such a thing as a Tim Sylvia FAN?
    As is clear to see from most of my posts, i dislike Tim Sylvia quite a lot. And everyone i speak to who knows anything about MMA seems to agree with me on that. And it got me thinking... Is anyone...
  32. Which Arlovski stands the best chance at beating Fedor?
  33. Fighter: The Ultimate Fighters of the UFC (BOOK)
    Has anyone read this book? Opinions?
  34. who'd win: Nick Diaz vs Kenny Florian
    If Nick came back at LW, he would rise to the top pretty quickly in my opinion. Both he and Kenny have shared losses in the same year to Diego Sanchez and Sean Sherk, and in my opinion, at...
  35. Why doesn't the UFC do detailed stats at the end of fights?
    I noticed strikeforce does it and i was wondering why the ufc does not. I like being able to see how many effective strikes were landed and stuff and it makes it easier to live with judges calls and...
  36. Chuck vs. Randy at heavyweight
    who do you like? Pesonally I think Randy takes it this time by decision.
  37. Funniest names in MMA
    Scott Junk Butch Bacon
  38. The Beatdown Shrine
    I was thinking we could all chip in some pictures of slightly maimed post beatdown faces.
  39. Shaun Sherk vs Kenny Florian 2
    So, i noticed today that kennys ranked number 3 LW, ahead of Shaun, on the sites rankings. So i just thought id see how many of you think a second fight would go a differant way? Kenny seems to...
  40. If I were a fighter I would be...
    What fighter would most closely resemble your fighting style? Although I'm training muay thai, my striking isn't the best...but my submissions are good and I've always been good at Judo...so I would...
  41. M-1 Challenge 9: Aleksander Emelianenko vs Sang Soo Lee (video)
    LINK
  42. Who would you like to add to the UFC
    these are the 10 I would add, though they may not be the most deserving, theyre the ones I like and the ones I would add 155;Eddie Alvarez 185:Gegard Mousasi 170:Jake Shields 170:Carlos Condit...
  43. WEC 38-1/25 in San Diego On Versus
    WEC 38-January 25, 2009 Venue: San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, CA Main card airs live on Versus TV fights: vs. WEC Lightweight Champion Jamie Varner vs. Donald Cerrone for the title vs. The...
  44. Guys who have been knocked out and haven't been the same since.
    What I mean by this is guys who have been knocked out and just haven't been the same dominant fighter they were before. My example is Cro Cop after that knock out in the UFC he just hasn't been the...
  45. Keith Jardine in Toby Keith movie
    Im watchin Toby Keiths new movie Beer for my Horses. And Keith Jardine is in it. He plays a chacacter called J Boy Simpson. Thought it was pretty cool EDIT: and whats even funnier, later in the movie...
  46. Promoter’s Spotlight: Monte Cox
    It’s hard enough to operate one successful MMA promotion - let alone six - but Monte Cox, the man under today’s spotlight, has done just that. Monte Cox has been described as “the gold standard in...
  47. Paul Heyman talks Brock Lesnars win at UFC 91
    Paul Heyman has updated his UK Sun blog with his thoughts on Brock Lesnar's UFC Heavyweight title win last weekend. Heyman writes, "Brock Lesnar's greatest strength is not physical. It's a great...
  48. IGN.com Rates UFC Fighters
    In a recent article on IGN.com, they rated the top-10 P4P best UFC fighters that are already confirmed for THQ's UFC 2009: Undisputed (the one which caused the now infamous incident with Fitch and...
  49. The 15 Strangest Results in the Sherdog FightFinder
    Videos included LINK
  50. Dream Match Up, We'll probably never see!!!
    There are only 2 current fighter's in the MMA world that are commenly reffered to as bar none the best pound for pound fighter's in mma history, Anderdson "Spider" Silva and Fedor Emelianko. Now...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174