General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Dana & Strikeforce are........FRIENDLY????
    just found this on USAToday in the boxing/mma section & thought it'd be worth a look ======================================================================== Strikeforce announced last week that its...
  2. Who will be the first?
    Who will be the first fighter in the UFC to hold two belts at once? Candidates: - Anderson Silva Dismantling the last 7 of his 8 opponents in two rounds or less, Silva's laser sharp mui tay seems to...
  3. Overeem Vs Cro Cop part. 2
    the fight is set for NYE..lets just hope it doesn't end the same way it did last time..i had Overeem winnin the first time around..gonna have to go with Overeem again this..i'mma say Overeem second...
  4. MMA Fighters Using 2 or More Fake Names To Improve Their Records
    Case #1) Marius Buzinskas (on the left of the 1st pic) who has fought Lee Livingstone and has a record of 5-2-0 looks like this: and here is his fight record:...
  5. SENGOKU 6
    When does the event start
  6. Sengoku 6 stream
    Awesome crystal clear stream. It is also being streamed on TVU and SOPCAST at MMA TV. link
  7. FINALLY!!!!!!
    Gomi just lost...good bye from my top 10 rankings
  8. Cool Fantasy MMA league that just started.
    I love MMAPlayground, no doubt. I'll never stop coming here ALL the time. Great people, great info, everything is great! But, I had been looking around for a fantasy mma game, like fantasy football...
  9. You have one fight to "hook" someone on MMA......
    so im trying to teach my boss about mma and was wondering what fight i should have him watch that would show him everything and get him hooked. i mean one fight that has everything, good stand up,...
    Pages: 2
  10. ADCC: Best Of Vol One
    Enjoy
  11. who were the fighters?
    There was a UFC fight where a guy takes a shot and the wags his finger to the crowd like it didnt bother him, then takes a blow to the head and gets KO'd. Does anyone remember that fight and who...
  12. Who would win? Gegard Mousasi Vs Jorge Santiago
    Both comeing off good tournament wins would be a good fight
  13. the Ultimate MMA Coaching Staff for a training camp.....
    Camp 1: MMA Coach: Greg Jackson Muay Thai: Rob Kaman Boxing: Freddy Roach Wrestling: Randy Couture BJJ: Marcelo Garcia Camp 2: MMA Coach: Mark Dellagrotte Muay Thai: Anderson Silva Boxing: Juanito...
  14. JENS PULVER
    Would you consider Jens Pulver in the top 10 for featherweight?
  15. How would Cung Le and Frank Shamrock fair against Anderson?
    I think this is an interesting topic because I believe that both Cung Le and Frank Shamrock have a legit shot at beating Anderson just wondering what you guys think. srry about the poll i messed it...
  16. Guess Who Dressed Up As Kimbo For Halloween?
    That's Seth Petruzelli as Kimbo. Too funny not to share.
  17. CAGE OR RING
    On sherdog there was a topic stating that MMA should only be fought in a cage (which I agree). I was wondering what you preffered, a ring or a cage? My bad i meant to put Cage I DON'T agree with...
  18. UFC 91 OR UFC 92
    Which UFC are you most looking forward to UFC 91 or 92. I know 92 is one of the most stacked cards ever but I still can't wait for 91. The Main event is so awesome for 91 plus you have a great bout...
  19. Guillotine?
    So i was watching affliction on TV last night, I saw Matt Lindland, Babaloo(or however his name is) , and Fedor (but thats beside the point). So i was watching and i realized that numerous times,...
  20. Most Competitive.
    Which weight division is the most competitive. Wouldnt say LW, BJ pretty much Rules WW is almost the same, but GSP has a closer competition between Alves, FItch, and Kosheck. MW-lots of good...
  21. UFC 95 Main Event - What Will It Be?
    What does everyone think it'll be? LW Championship - No because of GSP vs. Penn at UFC 94 WW Championship - No because of GSP vs. Penn at UFC 94 MW Championship - Possibly? But probably not because...
  22. NickNames
    Who has the greatest nickname? Im gonna go "The Axe Murderer"
  23. Favorite fighter look alikes!
    just wondering if anyone else noticed fighters who look like other people, kind of fun, and i promise after reading this, the next time you see these guys fight you will see the resemblance and...
  24. Steroids + Loss = FAIL!!!
    Is there anything funnier than seeing a fighter lose a fight, then get busted for roids? It could be just me, but i just find it hilarious that a fighter is willing to sully his name for roids, but...
  25. Who appears most on the wrong side of highlight reels?
    Who's that one fighter that always seems to get postered? Just cant lose a fight with dignity? Its hard to really go past Elvis Sinosec. Or maybe Tim Sylvia.
  26. yahya vs maeada
    what do you guys think about this one? playground has maeda at around -200 I don't see yahya having a chance in this one, even if it goes to the ground. Torres couldn't finish maeda on the ground, i...
  27. thoughts on team quest
    I have been really down on Quest for a while. I think they have some of the best fighters in the world, but every time they go up against another fighter their caliber it seems quest just never pulls...
  28. Dan Miller next opponent
    give me your opinion i want miller to face Ed Herman
  29. Greatest Comebacks
    What are some fights where a fighter was on the verge of losing and came back to win it? Some that come to mind.... Noguiera vs Bob Sapp Noguiera vs Cro-Cop Fujita vs Fedor Leben vs Terry Martin...
  30. Dream Fight?
    If you could watch any fight what would it be? One of mine would be Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture which will happen (THANK YOU) but another I would love to see would be Anderson Silva take on...
  31. Poll- Anderson vs Chuck 205, 3 rounder
    I wanted to see the playgrounds opinion on this. They're probably thinking it's the most marketable 3 rounder out there for Anderson. Do you think the size advantage will play a part?
  32. If the Champ/ Contender don't make weight in a title fight.
    If the Champ doesn't make weight couldn't they allow for a non defencable title fight? (meaning if he wins it's not a defence officially, but a loss would be a title loss) And a regular 3 rounder...
  33. War Chael
    Am I the only one who has Paulo losing this one? And yes I remember the avatar bet everyone
  34. The War of '55: DREAM vs. UFC (fantasy, of course)
    Here's another "fantasy fight card" of mine, a battle of the Lightweights between the UFC and DREAM. As with most fantasy fight cards, the likelihood of any of these matches actually happening is...
  35. ufc event downloads?
    does anyone know where I can find a downlad or a torrent or sumthin for the first ufc fight night cuz I cant find it anywhere You would be helping me out a lot and I would really appriciate it
  36. Leonard Garcia
    Does he deserve a title shot? I believe so.
  37. Paulo Filho Discusses (disgusts) me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How can u show up 5 Lbs. over weight and put on such a poor performance!!!!!! I dont like this fight i just want to see what everyone else thinks!!!!!! DEBATE!!!!!!!!!!!
  38. Is Efrain the next Anderson Silva?
    Thought I'd throw this out there one more time, since it looked like we'll be finding out who it is tonight...unless they Munson us again. I was looking back at an interview with Dana and he said the...
  39. Faber vs. Brown
    wow i didn't see that coming. btw how pissed was frank mir, the beginning of the fight before the tko was pretty even and all they were doing was talking up faber, and when brown finished it there...
  40. No Juice= No Filho
    Thoughts!?
  41. Who would win? Leonard Garcia Vs Mike Thomas Brown
    Discuss
  42. Varner vs. Cerrone
    With Cerrone solidifying his victory over McCullough we can now officially discuss this fight. What are your thoughts?
  43. Another one bites the dust...
    Steve walks warily down the street, With the brim pulled way down low Aint no sound but the sound of his feet, Machine guns ready to go Are you ready, are you ready for this Are you hanging on the...
  44. overweight champ
    so what's the protocal for showing up overweight as the incumbent champ? seems to me they should be stripped of the title or it would set a precedent of champs being able to not make weight, lose the...
  45. Upset of the night?
    Which one was the biggest upset to you?
  46. Fighters you wonder why they are still on the roster....
    For me it's: Pete Sell -hasn't looked impressive in a long long time. should have been cut prior to win over burkman Kendall Grove- has never beat someone impressive. and for some reason made main...
  47. what happend to razor rob
    he used to be the champ know the poor guy cant win a fight
  48. Please Help!!!
    The moron that I am forgot... completely forgot about WEC last night and today what do I see... The night of freaking upsets!!! Please can someone direct me to where I can watch the card... I really...
  49. wec belt
    does anyone know if paulo filho handed the belt over last night. i read that him or his corner would hand the belt over if he lost.
  50. Will Brock join the list of "Next big things in MMA that didn
    Just curious to get a general consensus. Their's been a lot of Brock talk,but I figured I would take on the task of making a comparision between him and all others who have been down the same path....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174