General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. TICKETS below face value
    I don't know if the mods will let me do this but.... I've got extra tickets to UFC 90 that I'm trying to get rid of.... I'm considering all offers at this time.
  2. Top Middleweights
    I am trying to rank the top fifty middleweights. Here is my top thirty plus some other top mw’s to consider. Give your opinion and lets try to put it together. #1 Anderson Silva 2. Paulo Filho 3....
  3. We Need An "Official Stankie Fan Club"!
    Surely I'm not the only one here who's become a big fan of "Stankie". WAR STANKIE! Seriously, he's becoming maybe the best thing about this season of TUF 8. What's not to like about the guy?
  4. WHAT IF FEDOR LOSES?
    If Fedor loses to Arlovski (which probably won't happen) where would that put him?
  5. Gono's UFC 89 entrance
    Win or lose, Gono is still one of my favorites and most charismatic fighters out there...having said that, he is his awesome entrance at UFC 89 And yes, Gono did a twirl. He is a badass
  6. A way to check most career wins?
    I was wondering if their could be a way to check the all time leaders in wins. Ever since the playground has started. If not i think we should have a list with most career wins.
  7. Masswholes unite
    I am starting a camp dedicated to anyone from or a fan of mass or new england. Looking for members let me know
  8. What does Tito do now?
    havent seen much talk about this, but I think its an interesting topic... Last we've heard, Tito's demands were way too high for Affliction to even consider, and negotiations didnt go as well as...
  9. what is your favourite fight to watch?
    What fights do you kick back and watch, on tape, dvd, hard drive, whatever. the two fights I watch most are Diaz vs Gomi, and my favourite fight to watch is Spencer Fisher vs Sam Stout #2, I watch...
  10. Top #4# K-1 fighter?
    Well just sitting around watching Buakaw Hilights and it got me to thinking, who's the top p4p fighter in K-1? Well for me right now on talent I pick Buakaw, that dude is amazing, if he was able to...
  11. Where does Silva go after Saturday? (ESPN)
    He really doesn't have anyone left to fight. In his last fight, Anderson Silva, left, dismantled light heavyweight James Irvin in under a round. Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin represented the two...
  12. PATRICK COTE?
    How can Patrick Cote beat Anderson Silva. This is almost an impossible task, I don't think there is anybody in the middleweight division that could even test Silva. Patrick Cote has a good chin but...
  13. Rachelle Leah in Chicago !
    Looks like Chicago is the place to be this Saturday! check this out
  14. Can Jon Fitch Punch His Way Out Of A Coffin?
    No, that loss to GSP didn't send him to an early grave. He's going to be on the November 5 episode of "Mythbusters" on the Discovery Channel. The hour-long episode — entitled “Coffin Punch” — will...
  15. Got 9 1/2 minutes?
    then check out my first mma documentary. It features a local (orlando) fighter and his coach, and features a bit of gracie family history (mostly royce) link make sure you choose watch in high...
  16. Anyone know how to tell what fights are being shown?
    Is there a site? or a way to tell exactly what matches are being shown on any given event? or do you just guess? or is there a sight that lists the shown matches vs the "dark" matches? Thanks for...
  17. Fedor in Thailand starring in an action movie.
    Just found this, pretty cool stuff. It'll be interesting how he does in comparison to fellow MMA fighters that have done acting (franklin, Randy, Tito) More pictures in the link LINK
  18. dan miragliotta Reffing Gono/Hardy at UFC 89
    Finally got a hold of the Gif, thought it was funny as hell so here it is Here is the link to the full fight for those that havent had a chance to watch it. And yes, it includes Gono's entrance LINK...
  19. Does anyone think Arlovski vs Sylvia would have renewed interest in Affliction?
    Just something I was thinking about. Sylvia seems to have hit a downslide and Arlovski is on a comeback roll. You guys think the fight could be big if they fought after Arlovski losses to Fedor?
  20. The Ferrall Show - The T-shirt Guy Interview
    If you haven't heard the interview yet, it's definitely worth the listen. **Warning...some of the language might not be appropriate for work. Part 1 Part 2
  21. Top 5 reasons WWEliteXC failed
    Found this on another forum and thought it was worth sharing: 5. Lack of promotion of Champions: Outside of Robbie Lawler and former Diaz-weight champion KJ Noons, I couldn't really tell you who the...
  22. Nuthuggers raise your hand!!!
    Who do you cheer for no matter if they win or lose? Whos nuts do you hug? I hug Amir Sadollahs obviously and Chuck Liddell
    Pages: 2
  23. Fedor..No St-Pierre...No Bj Penn...Maybe
    anderson silva on his statas at P4P best fighter. http://www.cagetoday.com/video-anderson-silva-interview-whos-the-pound-for-pound-best-fighter/
  24. QUESTION!!
    Many people from my town wont participate in MMA because they believe it disfigures your face over time. I have always wondered if this arguement was real or not. I mean you can look at some fighters...
  25. My Play-By-Play Predictions
    My play-by-play predictions for these next upcoming fights. Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson Round 1: They come out and exchange a little bit but not landing anything big, they start to feel eachother...
  26. Jack's Rants-10/26/08
    How we doing? Good, I hope, Let's spew on some things... 1. First off, I need to rant myself to death. I missed the UFC last night. The first one since I believe, Hughes/Gracie. Anyways, I had a bad...
  27. SILVA NOT DISRESPECTFUL
    A lot of people lately have been saying Silva was being disrespectful to Cote. That is stupid, yea he was dancing around Cote but that was strategy (what do you think Rashad did). When he tried to...
  28. Brock Lesnar in the Playground Top Ten ???????
    Did anyone else notice that Brock is now in the Top Ten in the Fighter Rankings on this website. I know lots of people like him, but top ten?? I am not sold on it. Of course if he beats Randy.
  29. BROCK LESNAR YES!
    So let me get this straight, people agree to put TIM SILVIA in the TOP 5 but Brock Lesnar (after two good performances, though he lost one) not even in the top ten????? If Tim Silva and Brock Lesnar...
    Pages: 2 3
  30. Randy vs. Brock
    Im sure this is a topic somewhere but im lazy to look Who do u guys got, I am having a very hard time picking this one Right now im going with Randy bye UD but with his long lay off and Brocks...
  31. Why Brock Lesnar is my number 10 pound for pound...
    ... and Kimbo Slice is my number 9 I know already to me but I had to **** with you. lol But but let's be serious guys there are far more important issues to worry about than genital warts.
  32. Worst submission not to tap to? Aaaarrrhhh!!! Give up? Give up?!
    heel hook ouch! Heel hook A heel hook is a leg lock affecting multiple joints, and is applied by transversely twisting the foot either medially or laterally. The torsional force puts severe torque...
  33. If Kimbo came to the UFC, who would you love to see him fight?
    There's been some rumors about Kimbo maybe coming to the UFC or the ultimate fighter, but if he did come to the UFC who would you love to see him fight in his first fight. For me I would love to see...
  34. Gi's and Herpes/Ringworm?
    I know that they have "Defense" soap to fight against the spread of herpes and ringworm for grapplers but I was wondering how much a Gi would help in the prevention? I mean it does pretty much cover...
  35. Silva and Alves have more in common than being Brazilian !
    Both fighters have a winning streak going in the UFC: Anderson Silva (8-0) Thiago Alves (7-0) Who will keep their winning streak the longest........ Why ?
  36. Who will be the MW champ after Silva?
    Assuming Anderson Silva sticks to his word and retires in the next year or two, who will climb the ladder of the MW division? Henderson and Franklin are the long time rulers, pre Silva. Okami, Cote...
  37. Who would you want to see in a UFC return of the Legends event?
    I was just on a thread a thought this could be an interesting question to pose to the playground. Say the UFC had a 1 time free on Spike event called return of the Legends. Who would you want to see...
  38. What if?
    What if Cro Cop beat Gonzaga and fought Randy? Would Randy still be champ and even more interesting would've his resignation even mattered if he was no longer champ? Would Randy be top 10? anyway I...
  39. K-1 Dynamite!! 2008-12/31 in Saitama, Japan
    K-1 Dynamite!! 2008: December 31, 2008 Venue: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan TV: Currently scheduled to air only in Japan on TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System). Live PPV internet stream may be...
  40. Could AA make Lightheavy?
    If AA loses to Fedor, could it be a good option to move to Light Heavy if he can make weight? He's not the heaviest of Heavys, and he looks smaller now than he ever used to. He's a tall guy with a...
  41. Fedor's weakness
    I keep hearing people say everyone has one, and this and that and Fedor's not so great. I honestly cannot find one. The only thing I can think of is that he cuts, but thats not really a weakness that...
  42. Who wants soccer kicks & foot stomps to be legal?
    Will soccer kicks and foot stomps (knees and kicks to the head of a downed opponent) ever be legalised in the USA? it was one of the things i liked about PRIDE that UFC dose not have. I dont know if...
  43. Top Raw deals you have seen in MMA
    One that I can thank of has to be Penn VS GSP in my eyes Penn won the fight. Another is Chuck VS Jardine yes Jardine did get those leg kicks but his face looked like hamburger. What are yours
  44. Nog is pissed!
    It seems like Nog has been getting dissed all season on TUF. I thought his blowout with Vinny was the highlight of the season so far. "Now we're enemies. Enemies!" Awesome stuff. I was beginning to...
  45. Mac Danzig's next fight
    I could be wrong but I take classes at the place Mac trained when he was young and he still keeps in touch with the trainers there. This week our trainer told us Mac is signing a deal for fighting...
  46. WEC + PPV =.......
    just read that the wec is trying out a ppv for 2009. i just think that if they try and do ppvs alot, i think it will for sure KILL the wec! maybe if they do a really good card and have it on ppv...
  47. Rematchs You Waiting To See!
    I am really looking forward to Shogun vs. Coleman, mostly cause when they fought before we couldn't really see hardly anything from either fighter. Coleman shot in and tripped Shogun, Shogun fell and...
  48. sher**g MMA rankings .. ????
    sherd**g Official MMA world rankings I dont understand what system they follow, seems to be worst than joe silva's mind on the ufc title shots... MW. Anderson obviously ranked number one. Having...
  49. Dante Rivera
    Does anybody know if he really retired after Riddle beat him? I know he was released from the UFC
  50. PureCombat to stream live Sat. Nov 1 on Sherdog
    From Mike Fridley (managing editor): Just a quick reminder that Sherdog.com will offer a live stream of Nov. 1's PureCombat show. As always, the stream will be free to all users. PRESS RELEASE:...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175