General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Knockout Secrets Trailer *video* (couture, sefo, AA, etc...)
    Knockout Secrets Trailer with Randy Couture, Wanderlei Silva, Forrest Griffin, Frank Mir, Gina Carano, Ray Sefo, Tyson Griffin, Andrei Arlovski, Bas Rutten, Rick Roufus and many others. link Looks...
  2. Good to Know: The 20 Most-Watched MMA Fights in U.S. History
    Using minute-by-minute Nielsen ratings data, MMA Weekly’s Ivan Trembow has painstakingly put together a list of the 20 individual MMA fights with the highest U.S. viewership. As he clarifies:...
  3. FEDOR IS NOT THE BEST
    I don't know why people consider Fedor being the best P4P fighter. He is easily the best heavyweight but for people to put Fedor #1 and Anderson Silva as #2 that's just stupid. Anderson Silva has...
  4. Your First "Experience"
    No I don't mean sex, I mean MMA. What was the first fight, event, PPV you ever saw and what was the fight that you saw and knew you wouldn't ever go back. The fight that determined your you being a...
  5. Think Leben is a creampuff?
    Think again Chris Leben Training Photo's
  6. Your biggest MMA-regret?
    I was propping someone and thought this would be a good topic. ------- What's your biggest regret in regards to MMA? Mine has to do with Season 1 of TUF. I was in love with the show and watched every...
  7. Junie Browning not kicked off?
    I think I know why Dana White hasn't kicked Junie off because Junie is a young very good fighter, and is a bad ass, remind anyone else off Tito, there making Junie into the next Tito Ortiz of the UFC
  8. how many gracie gym's are there in the us
    does anyone know how many schools teach under the gracie name??
  9. Fighters that would benefit the most from training with a certain fighter
    Nick Diaz would learn a lot from training with Anderson Silva. Jake Shields would get a lot better if he trained with GSP Chris Horodecki and Gilbert Melendez could learn a lot from eachother Urijah...
  10. Mickey's Q&A with BJ Penn, Tito Ortiz, and Kendall Grove
    Pretty funny thing I just came across Mickey's MMA Q&A
  11. How mainstream will MMA get!?
    with the success of MMA over the last five years, i got wondering how mainstream will mma really get? it has grown leaps and bounds but how much more will we see it grow. will we eventually see it as...
  12. UFC 89 gifs
  13. Who do you rank higher?
    I was thinking about this and i have to say Cane has accomplished much more than thiago has thus far. He has wins over higher ranked opponents, and has looked to have more potential then thiago as...
  14. Shane Carwin has bigger Hands than Brock Lesnar, Needs 5XL gloves
    anybody when Joe Rogan said that when Carwin was entering .....bet his fist can cover my whole face
  15. UFC vs. PRIDE, who had a better matchmaker?
    I wasn't too impressed with UFC 89 or the fight night before that in which like 75% of the fights went the distance, one thing I used to love about PRIDE is the majority of the fights were dynamite...
  16. What if NO fights went to the judges?
    Would it be interesting if the UFC had the fight go until they were finished? I think it would make alot more interesting matches and put an end to lay n pray matches. It would change alot of...
  17. WHERES THE VIDS?
    Where are the videos to UFC 89. I know the fight was free on spike but someone always posts some of the prelims. I just want to see Carwin win his fight? Even the "big" fights arent posted. Cane was...
  18. What should Dream 7 be?
    I think maybe a heavyweight grand prix: GP Bout #1: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Sergei Kharitonov GP Bout #2: Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Alistair Overeem GP Bout #3: Ralek Gracie vs. Mark Hunt GP Bout #4: Jimmy Ambriz...
  19. Where's the Kimura?
    me & my friend were discussing that we never get to see anyone win by kimura anymore just curious if there was a reason y, like fighters not being able to pull it off as well or more fighters have a...
  20. Please Help........
    I have always enjoyed watching the videos on this site. As of yesterday, I can no longer play the videos. I click on a video, it takes me to the new screen, and in the video box, it is blank. I have...
  21. Mayhem Miller retiring?
    I am listening to the Beatdown and they are saying that Jason Miller is retiring! Anyone got confirmation on this?
  22. does this look as weird to you as it does to me?
    oh my....
  23. Rashad on new microsoft ad
    ah man was great to see Rashad Evans at the end of the new microsoft ad on tv worth looking out for guys. Its great to see fighters getting deals like that furthermore shows that MMA is getting more...
  24. Who should Dream pick up?
    In my other post about Dream 7, it got me thinking that Dream should really get some more fighters. Who should they pick up that they actually could? i think just to mix it up, maybe Tito Ortiz, if...
  25. Whos the most popular fighter from where you are from?
    Here in utah is probably jeremy horn. he does alot of promotions and stuff for amaetur fighters and he had a ufc career. how bout you guys?
    Pages: 2
  26. Dana's comment on the Kimbo/Seth fight (video)
    This is just hilarious! Dana is doing a typical Dana White video, but about Elite XC and the Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petrazelli fight, this is funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feT03JgqOQo
  27. Greatest Fight Pictures
    Pictures from fights are always fun. Heres my favorite. Lets see some others.
    Pages: 2 3 4
  28. Jake Shields in the UFC has now become a real possibility
    We are confirming that EliteXC has folded. What this means for our fans and supporters is that there will not be a Nick Diaz vs. Eddie Alvarez fight on November 8th. However Jake Shields in the UFC...
  29. Most likeable MMA personalities...
    I just watched a replay of WEC 34 and it got me thinking about the most likeable MMA personalities. Post some of your favorites and why you like them (attitude wise) I pick Jens Pulver. The man has...
  30. Top 10 realistic UFC drafts. What are yours?
    I figured it'd be interesting to see who everyone thinks the UFCs top grabs should be. HW Josh Barnett- the guy's a top 3 heavyweight, he's got enough talent to get the belt, and revive the division....
  31. The end has come for elite xc!
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/13057/the-end-arrives-for-elitexc.mma im glad there done maybe we can see some of the fighters from there? people i wanna see in ufc: nick diaz,Jake Shields,Robbie...
  32. Marcus Davis Vs Chris Lytle who would win?
    Interesting match up i hope they put it together soon, who you got?
  33. Affliction Boys vs. ZUFFA
    The Affliction guys are on Scott Ferrall on Sirius right now talking some serious **** about Dana White and the Fertittas. I'm talking violent rape scenarios. Insane. Check it out if you can.
  34. If EXC Fighters move to UFC.
    If the Elite XC fighters should move to the UFC and other orgs, who do you think would be a good contender from Elite XC and Pro Elite. Alot of these fighters have already been in the UF in the past...
  35. GREATEST MOMENT/FIGHT OF ALL TIME
    What do you think the greatest moment or fight of all time was? A lot of people might say it was Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg 2 (the fight), but I didn't see it live so it wasn't as good. The Chuck...
  36. Gomi
    Is anyone else pissed that this guy was not stepped up to decent competition since Pride went out of business. I mean it is three fights now. Come on
    Pages: 2
  37. Sengoku VI Card "Finalized;"
    "Finalized" because while the full slate of matches has been announced, nothing ever seems certain with the major Japanese promotions until the week/day/hour before the show. Still, even if the...
  38. Whats next for leben
    Who should He fight next. I think after Cote looses let them have a rematch. That would produce some fireworks. Cote may be further up the food chain but that would be fun to watch. What do you think...
  39. Fantasy Light Weight Match up?
    Light Weight is one of the deepest weight class of all of MMA problem is there spread across alot of deferent promotions witch match up do u like the most?
  40. Russian Women Can Fight!
    Russian Women Can Fight! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x74p4n_russian-women-mma_sport
  41. TapouT? How About NapouT?
    It can be yours from the TapouT store for the low, low price of just $950! Order now! (Props to Mania for, as always, giving me a good laugh)
  42. Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski Affliction video trailer
    LINK
  43. Who's going to UFC 90?
    I'm definitely there... just curious who else is? Me and some buddies are going to pregame it at Ram Bar (aka Ram Restaurant) near Allstate Arena. map here Btw that is where you can get the 75cent...
  44. Rate my card and make your own!
    My fantasy 8 fight card it could be better i know just thew it together, id have it in a Pride style ring with soccer kicks and stomps and elbows alowed. Make your own Fantasy card no fighter limits...
  45. Kid Yamamoto
    does anyone know what Kid been up to..i remember he was suppose to fight durnin the summer..against Faber trainer partner..what happened to that..
  46. video finder
    ok so ive seen pretty much every old pride tha ti missed except one ive been looking for a while and cant find a good copy of the secon fedor/ nog fight the one that ended in NC. id really apreciate...
  47. pitt fight redux
    can someone please explain to me what this video is all about or what the point behind it is, because i am utterly lost. if you haven't seen it here is the link
  48. The 10 Greatest MMA Videos I’ve Ever Seen
    In the year I’ve been writing this site, I’ve watched millions, perhaps billions of MMA videos — everything from fights to highlight reels to documentaries to Chuck Liddell wasted on a morning show....
  49. CRAZY FIGHTS
    What fight have you watched in which you were so excited and it ended in a second. For me there are two that really stick out. One was when Brock Lesnar lost to Frank Mir. I like Brock Lesnar a lot...
  50. Kimbo Slice took a dive?
    I decided to pick up my college's newspaper for once and I saw this article. Here it is "The fact that he didn't accept the new fight until 30 minutes before show-time arises questions. The fact that...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174