General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. What if Damien Maia had Jacare's Dream Middleweight Grandprix road to the championship?
    Jacare and Maia are very similar fighters. they are both top shelf brazilian jiu jitsu practitioners and ADCC champions and are both middleweights. its hard to determine who is better on the ground....
  2. Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander
    The way I came to this idea I was reading some of the threads that where calling Houston the Kimbo of the UFC. And they do have some similarities. I would favor Houston from what Ive seen. But its...
  3. Kurt Angle in MMA in 2009?
    Kurt Angle seems to think he will go to mma in 2009. in this article by the UK sun he says he is talking to "several" companies about fighting mma next year, but he has also been saying that since...
  4. Worst martial art for MMA?
    Just for fun, what would be the worst martial art to step into the MMA cage with? My nominee is Krav Maga. In the real world: "Contact combat" in Hebrew, Krav Maga is an Israeli combat form whose...
  5. imo this is BS
    ok now this is me just being mad but i think it has to be said, in cc fight he was knee'd to the nuts A LOT and did you see (im not even going to say his name) him throw his hands in the air like he...
  6. MUST WATCH!! Showoff gets Knocked the F Out!!
    Showoff gets KNOCKED OUT!!
  7. Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
    Just wondering what you guys thought of this match-up, cus if you ask me it's a very close match-up and would be a very hard match-up to pick.
  8. Who has the best conditioning in MMA?
    There are so many fighters out there with such phenomanl conditioning and I was just wondering who you think has the best conditioning? Heres a few: Tito Sherk Forrest
  9. Kimbo on ESPN show PTI
    I thaught Kimbo presented himself real well. I will be honest 6 months ago i thaught he was bad for the sport. Now i find myself really liking the guy, and rooting for him. He is a good guy.
  10. PAN AMS in New York
    The tournament will take place on October 04th in Nat Holman Gymnasium / 138 th Street & Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031. http://www.ibjjf.org/pannogi2008registration.htm
  11. Joe Riggs downgrade Kimbo
    http://www.mmarated.com/videos/v/20080920/joe_riggs__rated_exclusive_interview-6075.html
  12. WEC: Torres vs Tapia and New Lineup of Weight Classes
    Looks like Torres Vs Tapia is official and the WEC will now focus on 4 weight classes. Welterweight, lightweight, featherweight and bantamweight. WEC: Torres Vs Tapia / weight classes revamped....
  13. Manhoef retire's
    Melvin Manhoef has retired following his semi-final loss to Gegard Mousasi in the DREAM middleweight GP earlier this week. His team - Mike's Gym, headed by Mike Passandier - made the announcement...
  14. New Here
    Aye im new here. Im usually on this other site http://www.mmajacked.com/ Just stopping by to see what mmaplayground is about... looks cool
  15. If an in his prime Bas Rutten went against an in
    his prime Chuck Liddell or Wandy who would win. I would root for Bas, not sure how it would go. I see some advantages they have on him, but I see some advantages he has against them.
  16. Dream Match-up, who wins?
    Yoshihiro Akiyama v. Yushin Okami Overall i think Akiyama is a little better on the ground and on the feet, okami's strength could make for problems but i dont think he has the tools to end it, when...
  17. Try your very own MMA story using names. Here is mine.
    I was walking through the Forrest Griffin in the Republic of Cheick Kongo Eating a plate of freshly caught heath herring when I came across a beautiful lady. I was feeling gutsy so I told the woman I...
  18. Pride DVD's
    Okay here in England Pride wasn't on UK TV (I don't think) and i wasn't really much of a fan of MMA back in like 04/05 I'm looking to get a few of the DVD's available to catch up on the years I...
  19. K-1 World Grand Prix 2008: Aerts upsets reining champ Semmy Schilt, Hari defeats HMC to move on (video)
    I dont know how many of you guys are follwing this years K1 GP, but so far it has been excellent and it looks to be the one of the best in years! Semmy Schilt's reign of dominance came to an end as...
  20. World Victory road-sengoku 5?
    its not on Insights PPV list. is there anywhere to watch it?
  21. Sengoku 5 stream
    anyone know, and time does it start est
  22. anyone know what time WVR starts?
    im guessin around 3am? but not sure
  23. wiuff vs lawal ??
    how long has this fight been added to the card? i havent checked the site in a couple of days and now i cant tip on it lol
  24. Krazy Horse - Chutebox, Backstage Brawl Footage
    My teammate Tombsuprat found it, Here Yeah it looks like he really didnt knock out wandy, nor did he really get jumped by chutebox.
  25. Sengoku 5 Results? *SPOILER POSSIBLE*
    are the results on this sight correct, on mmamania it has kondo over sassaki and wiuff losing, but on this site it has the opposite, which is correct?
  26. Sengoku 5 videos
    Masdival vs Schultz Cyborg vs Siyar King Mo vs Wiuff More on the way....
  27. Retro MMA (and other related stuff) - Post It Here!
    I started a thread like this back at my old site. I did a search here and didn't find anything similar so I thought I'd try and get one going. The original was dedicated to MMA but I thought we...
  28. Shields VS Daley video commercial
    MMAMania.com Title says it all, link to the commercial for EXC's next WW title fight on Oct 4th.
  29. Please Vote For The Best Fantasy Card
    Please vote for the best overall card. card # 1 Anderson "The Spider" Silva vs Nate "The Great" Marquardt ( take 2 ) Chris "Lights Out" Lytle vs Josh koscheck ( take 2 ) Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante vs...
    Pages: 2
  30. Fedor's Myths and Facts
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/54789-the-top-10-myths-about-fedor-emelianenko This article contains no opinions (aside from those myths), only facts with proof and information on where and how...
  31. Jorge Masvidal's Streetfights
    one of the top MMA lightweights Jorge Masvidal's Streetfights..its against Kimbo Protege "Ray", I hope that time he had gone up against Kimbo too ,so that he could have kick Kimbo's ass and none of...
  32. How much weight does Miguel Torres cut to make 135?
    Does anyone know how much weight Miguel Torres cuts to make weight for his fights or what his walk around weight is? Im curious, because i would normally guess about 15lbs but he is so small that i...
  33. Doug Marshall
    Now that the other two notable lhw's are gonna be fighting n the ufc after the dilution of theyre wec weightclass, does anybody know what the story is on the rhino?....i dont know if hes ufc...
  34. M-1 Challange episode 1 Recap *(video)
    LINK 50 Fighters from 9 countries compete to see who will be the world's best. Airing every Friday on HDNet. Defenately seems interesting, and I will be checking the next few episodes to see if its...
  35. Brock or Randy
    Who thinks Brock has a chance of beating Randy Couture? Can Randy really win against Brock. Not a lot of people give Brock credit but he tore through Herring and killed Mir for the first minute and...
  36. Afghan Killa Answers Critics
    TOKYO -- Siyar Bahadurzada at a post-fight press conference on Sunday responded to criticism regarding his celebration after his victory over Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos in the Sengoku middleweight...
  37. Pride Fighter Introduction
    I can not remember the name of that girl with the crazy voice that used to do the figthter introduction for the pride shows, I want to show my buddy some clips of her but can not find any. Any help...
  38. MMA Talent: To the UFC or Beyond?
    I know we have had multiple topics about individual fighters and where they would be best suited to pursue their careers. However, I wanted to bring up a broader topic concerning the UFC vs. everyone...
  39. Randy Couture Biography (video: 45 mins)
    Very interesting, have never seen this before, 45 minute biography of Randy Couture, starting from his Army/ wrestling days to becoming a mixed martial artist. Things like these interest me alot,...
  40. The most evenly matched fighters ever....
    I was thinking it was Wanderlei and Rampage at first, but then there Wandy's brutal KOs off of Rampage. Then I was this thinking Big Nog and Fedor but then again Fedor outclassesed him twice. So I...
    Pages: 2
  41. Trailer for Renzo Gracie - Legacy
    It's going to be released in October at the 1st Sports Film Festival according to one of the comments LINK
  42. Elite XC and Affliction... Working together????
    was it not to long ago that Affliction clothing was banned on Elite XC shows and now they are working together... does that mean that Elite XC fighters can wear Affliction clothing again on thier...
  43. Different Fight Types?
    I was sitting back and thinking about this today, what if the UFC added different rules to certain fights? Like different types of matchups, let's say like, no takedowns in the first round of the...
  44. Happy Birthday To The Father Of BJJ
    Helio Gracie, the father of Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu and just about every Gracie whose first name starts with R, turned 96 today. If you can name all 5 have yourself some cake. I wonder if he's still...
  45. Nakapan Phungephorn
    i'm not sure why but i cracked up when i seen this guys name. I was looking at Nate Quarry's record and he beat Mr. Phungephorn in a unanomous decision. Nakapan hasn't fought since 2002, and ended...
  46. Junie's Future?
    TUF 8 cast member, Junie Allen Browning, appears to be at the center of a lot of fights in the house, arguments, drunken foolishness, and other controversial incidents in the house this season. And...
  47. Gracies in MMA??
    OK i think the gracies are overrated. I dont think their even the best at their art. but I was wonderin what you guys think.
  48. Which fight at UFC 92 are you most excited about?
    This is a stacked card to say the least but which fight are you most looking forward to watching, I'm most excited for Evans/Griffin, cause IMO Silva is going to walk through Rampage again, and...
  49. Tuf 8- Episosde 3?
    I could not watch the show last night, does anyone know where I can watch it online today. Thanks
  50. Andrei Arlovski vs Roy Nelson Elite XC fight preview and prediction
    Here’s the breakdown: Fighter backgrounds: Andrei Arlovski — “The Pitbull” is a 29-year-old fighter from Minsk, Belarus. He now lives and trains in Chicago with a background in Sambo. Sambo is a self...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174