General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Houston Alexander vs Tim Boetsch
    I dont see any reason for this not to happen if Houston beat Schafer tonight. These two went to the UFC with impressive KO debuts and a match between them should draw some attention. This could be a...
  2. are they not puttin Elite XC oct 4th on the secondary league?
    its not on there yet and its only like 2 weeks away
  3. Pictures: Ring of Combat XXI
    Ring of Combat XXI was a good time. Lots of good fights. Here are some pics from the fight night.
  4. SportFight XXIV: Domination
    THE ULTIMATE EVOLUTION OF ONE ON ONE COMBAT WWW.SPORTFIGHT.TV Marketing/PR Contact: Trent Nielsen - 503.345.3385 - NielsenMarketing@gmail.com SportFight XXIV: Domination When: Friday, September 19,...
  5. Dream 6 hype!
    Dream 6 is almost here. I love watching the Dream events so far. I want to know what fellow Playgrounders are most looking forward to for this event. There is so much that will be going on. The MW...
  6. Fight Night 15
    Any one know what the name of Nate Diaz intro song was?
  7. Tonights episode of Tapout?
    If you watched tonights episode of Tapout, you would notice the criticism of Jeremy Horn from the Tapout crew. Do you agree with them? I don't know all the details when training with someone like...
  8. Make your own TUF season?
    Okay, just so you know I'm really bored and I was just sitting here watching a rerun of the ultimate fighter that was on last night, and started meeting all the future stars, and I got to thinking...
  9. Hector Lombard?
    I see he fought again for CFC, but when is he going to make his EliteXC debut?
  10. Last nights episode of TUF?
    does anyone have a link to this where I can watch it? Mucho props and mucho love would be rewarded.
  11. Tapout & Hammerhouse
    Does anyone know what the Tapout commercials were about yesterday, they had the Hammerhouse team. Is Randleman planning a comeback?? I was a little confused. Especially that is was aired during a...
  12. Inconsistent
    Is just me or has the judging in the past few UFC events seam very inconsistent. There has been a total of 3 SDs in the past 2 events. The way the fights have been scored also seams very...
  13. riggs-misaki who do you got?
    I was listening to sherdog today, and they were pretty much saying that misaki is gonna have no problems with riggs this weekend......now of course everybody is entitled to theyre opionon...that...
  14. Belfort vs Eastman
    Does anyone remember (or did anyone notice) after this fight when Belfort won he jumped on the cage and it showed him kick some guy in the head that was on the other side of the cage? One of the...
  15. Watching Strikeforce/Cage Rage/Dream
    I'm a fan of mma who has only had the chance to watch ufc so far. So i don't know if this is a dumb question, but can we watch strikeforce, cagerage, or dream events on tv? are they ppv? or is there...
  16. Most Potential
    this discussion came up at my school today who of these guys has the most potential to become a top guy if he could really dedicate himself to the sport? the common opinion at my school was a cross...
  17. most overrated mma grappling legend
    another topic brought up at my school some of the grappling legends were brought up at my school and a lot of people said there were quite a few who were really overrated grapplers meaning they were...
  18. KJ NOONS stripped of belt!
    I just watched the fight with him and Yves and decided to go look this guy up. Found on the elite xc site that they stripped him of his title belt. he wont fight nick diaz so they took his belt away....
  19. which nobody could become champ?
    which one of these studly contenders would have the best chance of shocking the hell out of the champion in their weight class? id have to pick melvin beating bj because of that ko power, physical...
  20. Sherdog Streaming Strikeforce
    I have never watched anything streamed from sherdog, is it good quality? And do you have to have a account with them or can anyone stream it?
  21. Carano fighting for survival of the women's game
    I did not see this posted yet if so then my bad. http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Carano-fighting-for-survival-of-the-women-s-game;_ylt=AkkS5GgbQTmXpn3wgWM.vQM9Eo14?urn=mma,109068
  22. Bobby Lashley
    Does anyone know what weight he'll be fighting at? I know he wrestled NAIA at 177, but put on a lot of muscle mass with the WWE. I'm wondering if he dropped the weight or if he's planning on fighting...
  23. Strike Force Playboy Mansion
    Overall a pretty good card, great to see is streamed live on sherdog. Ishida and Thompson looked good. Terry Martin has a wicked hard punch and Misaki vs. Riggs went from an awful start to a great...
  24. Gina Carano not the face of women's MMA?
    Gina's Interview "I am a recognized female in the sport, but I don't think that I am the face of women's MMA," Carano said. "It's just a label. I'm Gina Carano. You can label me that."
    Pages: 2
  25. Stephen Quadros's acting career
    Link Fans of “The Fight Professor” Stephen Quadros, may or may not be aware that the legendary cage/ringside commentator does have quite a busy schedule outside of his commentating duties. Quadros...
  26. Strikeforce-10/3 In Colorado
    Strikeforce: October 3, 2008 in Colorado Venue: Broomfield Events Center in Broomfield, CO Main card airs live on HDNet TV fights: vs. Duane Ludwig vs. Sammy Morgan vs. Frank Trigg vs. Falaniko...
  27. Riggs-Misaki Stoppage
    give me your opinion
  28. Dream 6
    what time will the event start at
  29. Fantasy Fight Night: Pick Winners and Comment on them
    Fedor Emelianenko vs. Chuck Liddell (hw) Anderson Silva vs. Quinton Rampage Jackson (lhw) Josh 'the punk' Thomson vs Jamie 'the worm' Varner Georges St. Pierre vs. Paulo Filho (mw) Alistair Overeem...
  30. Alvarez and Diaz could vie for vacant EliteXC lightweight title
    This would be a great matchup. Tough fight for me to call. I hope they make it happen. Source
  31. Top Heavyweights outside of UFC
    Last week, I examined the state of the UFC's heavyweight division. Now, lets take a look at the state of the heavyweights in the rest of the world. Once upon a time, Pride FC was home to the deepest...
  32. Affliction on Comcast right now
    Affliction is on comcast right now for those interested. Rothwell vs. Arlovski is the current fight.
  33. Have you ever seen Nick Diaz Smile (creepy)
    I just thought I would show this pic because its actually creepy to see nick diaz smile because i'm so used to seeing him talk shit and mean mug all the time, i didnt think he had a smile in him. I...
  34. I'm Going To My First MMA Event Next Month!
    It's not UFC or the like, but I'm still very excited about it-I just bought a ticket to UWC: Confrontation, October 11 at the Patriot Center in Vienna, VA. UWC is Ultimate Warrior Challenge, the only...
  35. EliteXC-11/8 In Reno, NV On Showtime (CANCELLED)
    EliteXC: November 8, 2008 (Final 2008 event) Venue: Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada Main card airs live on Showtime Confirmed fights: vs. EliteXC Middleweight Champion Robbie Lawler vs. Joey...
  36. Dream 6 Stream
    I do not get HD Net and can not get it here, does anyne know if I can stream it off the internet anywhere. When does the event take place, is it like at 3 in the morning? Thanks
  37. Shogun vs Machida
    I heard Shogun will make his return to the UFC against Machida at UFC 92. I know I heard talk about them fighting at UFC 76, But anyone heard anything about this. If they do end up fighting, who you...
  38. Crocop offers to fight Overeem & Kharitonov at DREAM 6
    just found this on sherdog....pretty interesting & leaves litttle doubt in my mind that THE CROCOP is still to be taken seriously Link
  39. Clip of the Day: Shattered Dreams
    An unofficial promo for tonight's DREAM.6 show. One word-> AMAZING! LINK EDIT: Better Quality version
  40. Affliction replays on TV????
    OK I am not sure if it was just me but yesterday while flipping through the channels I caught the end of one of the Affliction fights on TV.. I caught the last 30 seconds it was done with It looked...
  41. Pre Dream 3 Thoughts and Questions
    So I thought I 'd make a Fun little Thread counting up to Dream 6 So Answer me these Questions and I'll do the same Will Akiyama be arrested for Murder ? Yes Who will Win the GP- Jacare Submission of...
  42. Worst beat downs of 2008
    Today while driving home I was thinking of the best fights of the year. Which ultimately led me to thinking about the worst beat downs of 2008. I may have forgotten some so feel free to add your own...
  43. best tapout fighter
    my favorite has been matt majors but i was most impressed with jake rosholt id have to say
  44. Cro Cop after Dream 6 **SPOILERS**
    Apparently after Overeem's knees to Cro Cops groin, Cro Cop's right testicle is "inside" Anyone know what the recovery time it is for this kind of injury, can it just be popped back like a...
  45. MMA Quick Quote: Alistair Overeem demolishes Mirko Cro Cop’s balls!!!
    We just got informed by Mirko Cro Cop’s corner that his right testicle is inside.” – DREAM ringside announcer Bas Rutten informs fans watching the conclusion of the 2008 middleweight grand prix on...
  46. WVR - Sengoku rules???
    Why are some fights listed as 2 round fights and others as 3 round fights? EDIT: Is it because the 2 round fights are part of the Grand Prix and the 3 round fights aren't?
  47. Dream 6 - Fight Videos
    Manhoef vs Mousasi Jacare vs Galesic Kharitonov vs Amriz Tokoro vs Yamamoto Funaki vs Minowa Cro-Cop vs Overeem Aoki vs Moore Nakamura vs Martins Akiyama vs Tonooka Sakurai vs Hironaka Dong vs...
  48. Bas Rutten Documentary - Special Deal $10 Off
    I got this message on MySpace offering $10 off Bas Rutten's Documentary POTENT Special deal only until October 1st. visit www.potentthemovie.com/promo Featuring: Bas Rutten, Dan Henderson, Paulo...
  49. Overeem's position in the top 10?
    Overeem dominated Mirko from start to finish. He looked out of Crocops league last night. Was this performance enough to get him in the top 10? I think so. Thoughts?
  50. I WANT MY FIGHT BACK!!!!!!
    Affliction announced AA vs Fedor Then Affliction says Fedor can't fight til 2050 bc of broken hand, unless cleared by doctors Affliction announces AA vs Barnett Then they move the event back to try...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175